Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Computers, Teh Interweb, Gaming, Electronics

Unread 2009-02-19, 02:32 PM   #226
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 99
Likes (Given): 698
Likes (Received): 448
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 3

nothing visually changes much, or if anything at all...

I love how mail now integrates with exchange server..
I am having some issues with blue tooth today for some reason.

they say it takes 15 min to install, and that was not true on my install, it took forever.

64 bit is nice...its nice to know my CPU is fully used to its potential.

kellyrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-02-19, 02:41 PM   #227
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 402
Thanks (Received): 363
Likes (Given): 4962
Likes (Received): 2124
Dislikes (Given): 121
Dislikes (Received): 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCredible
Quote:
Apple execs rethinking iPhone pricing strategy for 2009

While the likelihood of Apple releasing new iPhones this year is all but certain, a discussion between analysts and Apple's top brass has also dropped clues that the iPhone's pricing may not be static this year.

Toni Sacconaghi of Bernstein Research mentions in a research note that a discussion with Apple COO Tim Cook, CFO Petter Oppenheimer and worldwide marketing senior VP Phil Schiller point both to an upgrade to the touchscreen device as well as to the possibility of "different pricing/price points" this year, with Cook "examining iPhone's business model" for possible changes.

Cook and Schiller in particular have teased a "very exciting" 2009 for iPhones.

What these possible price changes would entail isn't divulged by the Apple executives, although Sacconaghi is quick to dampen rumors of an iPhone nano or a similar low-budget cellphone. Without naming any one of the executives as a source, he gathers from his investigations that the company isn't presently chasing such a concept.

Any future iPhone, he says, will probably have at least a web browser and access to the App Store, the latter of which has Cook, Oppenheimer and Schiller particularly "bullish" about the iPhone's success as it gives Apple an advantage over rival smartphone makers.

The firm's leaders are also adamant that iPhones won't come with hardware keyboards. A fixed set of keys reportedly makes it harder to implement different keyboards, such as for different languages, and would also make it harder for third-party developers hoping to use their own custom control schemes. Using the touchscreen as the primary input improves Apple's bottom line by letting it ship what's essentially the same phone across many different regions, the executives say.

No matter the changes to Apple's iPhone pricing structure, such a move wouldn't be uncharacteristic of the Cupertino, Calif. electronics giant. Each year of the iPhone's existence has had at least one major price shakeup: the iPhone's maximum price fell from $599 to $399 in 2007, while the iPhone 3G in 2008 not only reduced this top price to $299 but switched the behind-the-scenes profit model from revenue sharing with carriers to a heavy device subsidy.

But the Apple TV's position is considerably less optimistic, Sacconaghi warns. After his talk with the senior staffers, he understands that Apple views "lots of barriers" for the networkable media hub and doesn't see it as a current business cornerstone like it does iPhones, iPods and Macs.

Not to downplay the company's prospects, though, the Bernstein researcher says the management team is maintaining an "unwavering" level of belief in its guidance for the January-to-March quarter even as it has no intention of cutting prices; the upgraded plastic MacBook is selling well but is still being outsold by its more expensive aluminum cousins, according to the executives, who also see a lot of headroom in computer market share.

While Sacconaghi doesn't make many predictions, he repeats frequent expectations of an iPhone in summer and also believes Apple may update the iMac in March.
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._for_2009.html
Good. I'm wanting to buy an iPhone this summer after the new models come out. Personally, I'd pay a little more upfront for the phone if it meant the plans would be cheaper.
Unread 2009-02-22, 10:46 AM   #228
aznguyen316

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 50
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygtp
nothing visually changes much, or if anything at all...

I love how mail now integrates with exchange server..
I am having some issues with blue tooth today for some reason.

they say it takes 15 min to install, and that was not true on my install, it took forever.

64 bit is nice...its nice to know my CPU is fully used to its potential.

Yeah I'm excited for the entire 64bit change over although leopard had it partially or something right? Anyway, are there any changes to Finder? Dual window panes, cut/paste? I like PathFinder but I'm the kind of guy that likes to use OEM software/programs rather than 3rd party if needed..
Unread 2009-03-03, 01:19 PM   #229
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

New iMac, Mac Mini and Mac Pros were released today. I've always secretly lusted for the Mac Mini.
Unread 2009-03-03, 06:11 PM   #230
aznguyen316

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 50
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 0

I wanted a macmini too, and now with better graphics.. nice. but as a compromise for my GF, we went for a Dell Studio Hybrid for the desktop.
Unread 2009-03-03, 06:32 PM   #231
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 42
Thanks (Received): 110
Likes (Given): 655
Likes (Received): 783
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 16

oh new imacs, that means they may have some good deals to get rid of the current ones.
freekwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-03-03, 07:19 PM   #232
Timothy Leary
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 240
Likes (Given): 177
Likes (Received): 1366
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 24

Also boosted the processors on he macbook pros

Im so getting a mini in a month or so

New airport too!!!! it can run 2 different wifi points from one router and it has both 2.4 and 5ghz... Airport is the fucking king of routers!!!!!!! <3

2017 Toyota 860 86
Timothy Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-03-03, 09:35 PM   #233
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 121
Likes (Given): 675
Likes (Received): 721
Dislikes (Given): 6

So pissed. Want new MBP.

titaniumSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-03-03, 09:50 PM   #234
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzaisushi

New airport too!!!! it can run 2 different wifi points from one router and it has both 2.4 and 5ghz... Airport is the fucking king of routers!!!!!!! <3
Mac Pros, or the MBP. Seems weird for them to mess with the MBP when they just came out a month ago.
Unread 2009-03-03, 11:29 PM   #235
R|M|D Photography
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 239
Likes (Received): 295
Dislikes (Received): 15

I LOVE my mac mini!

Contact me for any of your photography needs and current photoshoot specials. R|M|D Photography
R|M|D Photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-03-03, 11:38 PM   #236
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekwonder
Quote:

Mac Pros, or the MBP. Seems weird for them to mess with the MBP when they just came out a month ago.
Both it looks like. They both have the 'New' tag on the Apple website. I'd order a new Mac Mini ASAP if this recent bug to update my car hadn't bit me.
Unread 2009-03-04, 01:01 AM   #237
Timothy Leary
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:

they always upgrade the processors every 4-6 months so its common. they were just quiet as shit this time.

2017 Toyota 860 86
Unread 2009-03-04, 01:04 AM   #238
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

they always upgrade the processors every 4-6 months so its common. they were just quiet as shit this time.
Same as when they updated the White Macbook to the same specs as the Aluminum Macbook in Jan or Feb.
Unread 2009-03-04, 08:04 AM   #239
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah ok. My wife got her update email from apple about the imacs, then I read the new specs to her. She wants to go look this weekend at a new 24"
Unread 2009-03-04, 08:10 AM   #240
Timothy Leary
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah ok. My wife got her update email from apple about the imacs, then I read the new specs to her. She wants to go look this weekend at a new 24"

im pretty sure the specced out 24" is THE best bang for your buck you can buy when it comes to apple

2017 Toyota 860 86
Unread 2009-03-07, 08:45 AM   #241
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

im pretty sure the specced out 24" is THE best bang for your buck you can buy when it comes to apple
Well hell the $1500 model with 4 gigs of ram and 640gig hard drive would be enough for us.

I down loaded Safari 4, I have more pros than cons, but the big con for me is still the tab browsing. I would LOVE it if I could set it up that I can just left click a link and it opens a new tab in the background. I hate having to Apple+click, or right click - open in new tab.

And can anybody help me with my wife's powerbook?
Unread 2009-03-08, 01:50 AM   #242
JustinCredible

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 178
Thanks (Received): 96
Likes (Given): 919
Likes (Received): 340
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 4

Quote:
Cydia Opening Parallel Paid App Store for Jailbreak Apps

Cydia has been the hub of the iPhone gray market for some time now, but developer Jay Freeman is planning on turning the jailbroken app manager into a questionably licit competitor to the App Store.

Converting Cydia into a proper application store won't be complicated, and more or less amounts to Freeman adding a centralized payment service to the software. His competitive ambitions, though, aren't so subtle: He told the WSJ that "the overworking goal is to provide choice" and that he plans on match or beat Apple's commission for downloaded apps.

Paid apps are currently available in Cydia, but purchase has to be arranged on an app-by-app basis, usually through unwieldy product key schemes or PayPal. While a centralized Cydia payment system would make purchasing apps such as Snapture and PDAnet simpler and could breed innovation for potentially useful nonsanctioned apps, but it also provides a single, unified target for Apple should they decide to start hurling lawyers at the jailbreak scene. Though the company hasn't specifically responded to this announcement, it'd be naive to think they won't: in effect, Freeman, who has already hired a lawyer, has just announced that he plans on making money on a process that Apple claimed to be totally illegal just a few weeks ago. Good luck?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123629876097346481.html
http://i.gizmodo.com/5165362/cydia-o...jailbreak-apps
JustinCredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-03-12, 09:03 AM   #243
Orions96cobra

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 201
Likes (Received): 191
Dislikes (Given): 94
Dislikes (Received): 11

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well hell the $1500 model with 4 gigs of ram and 640gig hard drive would be enough for us.

I down loaded Safari 4, I have more pros than cons, but the big con for me is still the tab browsing. I would LOVE it if I could set it up that I can just left click a link and it opens a new tab in the background. I hate having to Apple+click, or right click - open in new tab.

And can anybody help me with my wife's powerbook?
Can you not press the mouse button 3 on the link? Use the scroll wheel on the mouse to open links in new tabs.
Unread 2009-03-12, 03:05 PM   #244
JustinCredible

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 178
Thanks (Received): 96
Likes (Given): 919
Likes (Received): 340
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 4

Quote:
iPhone OS 3.0 is coming, preview on March 17th

We just got the announcement, iPhone OS 3.0 is coming. Set your clocks, mark your calendars. It's going down March 17th. Apparently, we'll get a sneak peak at the new OS, as well as a look at a brand new version of the SDK. Exciting stuff indeed, and we'll be there live at 10am PST (1pm EST) with the liveblog. Apple's calling this an "advance preview of what we're building," so we're not expecting anything ready to go as of the 17th, but hopefully this will allow developers to start building toward future functionality (hey, how about some push notifications?), and presumably users won't have too many months to wait after that for the real deal.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/12/i...ng-march-17th/
JustinCredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-03-19, 10:22 AM   #245
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

WTF?! I go to install the Mini Displayport to VGA adapter firmware update and all hell breaks loose. The computer beeps, restarts, restarts again then just shows a flashing folder with a question mark in it.

Running the disk utilities now to make sure nothing major (i.e. hard drive failure) is wrong. Not how I wanted to spend my morning. I hadn't backed my data up since I installed this HDD last week either. Know for damn sure I'm doing it once these utilities are done and if everything is OK.
Unread 2009-03-19, 10:35 AM   #246
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 99
Likes (Given): 698
Likes (Received): 448
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUweatherman
WTF?! I go to install the Mini Displayport to VGA adapter firmware update and all hell breaks loose. The computer beeps, restarts, restarts again then just shows a flashing folder with a question mark in it.

Running the disk utilities now to make sure nothing major (i.e. hard drive failure) is wrong. Not how I wanted to spend my morning. I hadn't backed my data up since I installed this HDD last week either. Know for damn sure I'm doing it once these utilities are done and if everything is OK.

just did it on mine...its gonna make the loud beep, make sure that the mini dvi is plugged into the macbook AND hooked up to a monitor...

it took me 2 times to figure it out...but it works fine now..
kellyrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-03-19, 10:40 AM   #247
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrx8
Quote:

just did it on mine...its gonna make the loud beep, make sure that the mini dvi is plugged into the macbook AND hooked up to a monitor...

it took me 2 times to figure it out...but it works fine now..
Once I'm done with the disk utilities, I'll give the update another go. This worked out since it seemed I needed to repair my disk permissions anyway.

edit: I'm good to go now. Update is installed and HDD is fine too. Still have some permissions issues though; the utility won't fix them though. Any other way?
Unread 2009-03-19, 12:45 PM   #248
Timothy Leary
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

OSX will have a few permissions that remain that way, chances are they wont affect the os in any way and you will be fine

2017 Toyota 860 86
Unread 2009-03-19, 12:50 PM   #249
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
OSX will have a few permissions that remain that way, chances are they wont affect the os in any way and you will be fine
It was Front Row, iTunes and a couple other things. Havent had any issues yet, so didnt figure it'd be too big a deal. I just like to see nothing show up in that window though.
Unread 2009-03-19, 12:55 PM   #250
Timothy Leary
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
It was Front Row, iTunes and a couple other things. Havent had any issues yet, so didnt figure it'd be too big a deal. I just like to see nothing show up in that window though.

I am just like you, and i spent a fucking month searching finding WTF was wrong with my old one, come to find out that its pretty common for permissions in itunes/frontrow anything that has a large library. Along with other things.

If you copy the debug info and google it, usually you can find some fixes. But for mine, i found none and on apple support they said dont worry.

Hell i even tried a fresh install and still had the same permission errors.

2017 Toyota 860 86