Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Computers, Teh Interweb, Gaming, Electronics

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2017-03-02, 01:51 PM   #1
95PreludeSE
 
95PreludeSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 4,571
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 99
Likes (Received): 327
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default Zelda: Breath of the Wild

This thing is getting damn near perfect scores across the board. A few podcasters I listen to have been raving over it.

I was going to wait to get it on the Switch later this year, but I may have to pick it up for Wii U tomorrow.

__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes kellyrx8, milanoGSRteg liked this post
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-03-02, 04:47 PM   #2
milanoGSRteg
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 4,158
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 124
Thanks (Received): 111
Likes (Given): 1274
Likes (Received): 577
Dislikes (Given): 216
Dislikes (Received): 272
Default

Just did another 100% run of A Link to the Past on SNES a while back. So much fun. Love the Zelda series. By far the best series IMO.
__________________
Noli Me Tangere
milanoGSRteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-03-02, 04:53 PM   #3
ForcFed93
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Topeka KS
Posts: 4,049
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 331
Likes (Received): 656
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 29
Default

Damn. I haven't been on the Nintendo train since, well, the N64 pretty much (which I still play), but this may make me spring for the switch.
ForcFed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-03-02, 05:00 PM   #4
95PreludeSE
 
95PreludeSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 4,571
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 99
Likes (Received): 327
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

I've been playing Wind Waker on my Wii U. Been a great blast to the past, and my daughter loves watching. I think I'll put a pre-order in for Breath of the Wild tonight.
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-03-03, 02:15 AM   #5
Dave B
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Creating DaveBisms
Posts: 11,885
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 132
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 998
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 63
Default

I just picked up a Switch for my 12 y/o son who's been saving for it for months. I also picked up Zelda and will be surprising him tomorrow. I look forward to playing this with him. Been trying forever to get the NES Classic too. That's my style of system and want to play Legend of Zelda again and re-live my 1980s.
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-03-03, 12:02 PM   #6
divitorobert
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 10
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

I am beyond excited for this game!!! I will be playing this game practically nonstop for the next few days as will the rest of the Zelda fans.
divitorobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-03-06, 11:33 AM   #7
95PreludeSE
 
95PreludeSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 4,571
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 99
Likes (Received): 327
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
I just picked up a Switch for my 12 y/o son who's been saving for it for months. I also picked up Zelda and will be surprising him tomorrow. I look forward to playing this with him. Been trying forever to get the NES Classic too. That's my style of system and want to play Legend of Zelda again and re-live my 1980s.
How is the Switch? Hope your family is enjoying it and Zelda.
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-03-10, 09:49 AM   #8
95PreludeSE
 
95PreludeSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 4,571
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 99
Likes (Received): 327
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Picked this game up for my Wii U, and holy shit is it amazing. I can definitely see why it's being rated so highly.
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-03-11, 02:46 PM   #9
95PreludeSE
 
95PreludeSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 4,571
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 99
Likes (Received): 327
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-03-15, 12:36 AM   #10
Dave B
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Creating DaveBisms
Posts: 11,885
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 132
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 998
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95PreludeSE View Post
How is the Switch? Hope your family is enjoying it and Zelda.
My 12 y/o son is in love with it, both the system and Zelda. It's all very impressive. He got some hovercraft racing game and that too is pretty fun. He tends to play the Switch more in mobile mode.
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 08:46 AM   #11
ForcFed93
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Topeka KS
Posts: 4,049
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 331
Likes (Received): 656
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 29
Default

So I finally made the effort and picked up a Switch a couple weeks ago. I must admit, it was quite annoying having to keep an eye on store stock for 3-4 weeks before finding them come in at a time I could make it.

Anyway, I picked up Zelda BOTW and Mario Kart.

I am thoroughly impressed by Zelda. It's completely blown me away with how great of a game it is. I've logged probably 15-20 hours and it still feels like I've just scratched the surface. The level of detail in everything is second to none. Animal behavior, weather, cooking, etc., it's all so detailed and very thought out.

I'm so shocked that Nintendo put together such a great game for a system that doesn't have the brute force like the PS4 or XB1.

If anyone is hesitant to make the effort to get a Switch to pick up Zelda, don't be. I should have done so much sooner.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes milanoGSRteg liked this post
ForcFed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 11:04 AM   #12
kellyrx8
Super Moderator
 
kellyrx8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 14,331
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 99
Likes (Given): 698
Likes (Received): 448
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

been tempted but with all the issues the Switch had i think ill wait until all the bugs are worked out...and that dock needs a revamp BAD
kellyrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 11:15 AM   #13
Scooby24
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Olathe
Posts: 51,572
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 689
Likes (Given): 339
Likes (Received): 3951
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40
Default

Seems like another Wii....buy a console for one game...then what?
__________________
-Greg
'17 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Scooby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 01:09 PM   #14
ForcFed93
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Topeka KS
Posts: 4,049
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 331
Likes (Received): 656
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
Seems like another Wii....buy a console for one game...then what?
The kids and wife have already logged hours on Mario Kart as well. Plus I'm sure the new Super Mario Odyssey that will be out later this year will probably be pretty good as well for the entire family.

I would've never bought the Switch solely for Zelda (though, admittedly, it's worth it). With me traveling more for business the last few years, the ability to take it on a plane and out on business is a huge bonus for me. There are many times I would've loved to take my Xbox with me to log some time on Fallout, FFXV, or whatever, but it's just not practical.

It's not for everyone, but if you have family that's into casual gaming, that should be enough additional incentive for any Zelda fan to buy it.
ForcFed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 01:24 PM   #15
Idiot Stick
 
Idiot Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Destin, Florida
Posts: 3,423
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 43
Likes (Given): 582
Likes (Received): 343
Dislikes (Given): 15
Dislikes (Received): 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post
The kids and wife have already logged hours on Mario Kart as well. Plus I'm sure the new Super Mario Odyssey that will be out later this year will probably be pretty good as well for the entire family.

I would've never bought the Switch solely for Zelda (though, admittedly, it's worth it). With me traveling more for business the last few years, the ability to take it on a plane and out on business is a huge bonus for me. There are many times I would've loved to take my Xbox with me to log some time on Fallout, FFXV, or whatever, but it's just not practical.

It's not for everyone, but if you have family that's into casual gaming, that should be enough additional incentive for any Zelda fan to buy it.
I heard Mario Kart was awesome. I think the art/design of Zelda is ugly. It just doesn't mesh with me but i've never been a big zelda guy. Super Mario Odyssey looks pretty wild though. I hope it's awesome and doesn't suck.

I just wish they would have good sports games instead of missing features that sony/xbox has. That's the only thing I really miss being a PC gamer.
__________________
Just Chute Me! Parasail
Idiot Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 02:27 PM   #16
ForcFed93
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Topeka KS
Posts: 4,049
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 331
Likes (Received): 656
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiot Stick View Post
I heard Mario Kart was awesome. I think the art/design of Zelda is ugly. It just doesn't mesh with me but i've never been a big zelda guy. Super Mario Odyssey looks pretty wild though. I hope it's awesome and doesn't suck.
Honestly, I never cared for the "Wind Waker" art style and although the art of BOTW has some flashes of it, it's much more polished than you would think. Really, only a few of the characters and cut scenes is where you see the cartoony style.

I would put the environment style and detail on par with Fallout or FFXV. I wasn't even expecting it to be half as good as it is being a portable system and all.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Idiot Stick liked this post
ForcFed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 08:23 PM   #17
milanoGSRteg
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 4,158
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 124
Thanks (Received): 111
Likes (Given): 1274
Likes (Received): 577
Dislikes (Given): 216
Dislikes (Received): 272
Default

Independence Walmart has multiple Nintendo Switch consoles in stock right now.
__________________
Noli Me Tangere
milanoGSRteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-13, 08:12 AM   #18
BuddyLee
 
BuddyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lenexa, KS
Posts: 28,615
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 255
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1926
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post
So I finally made the effort and picked up a Switch a couple weeks ago. I must admit, it was quite annoying having to keep an eye on store stock for 3-4 weeks before finding them come in at a time I could make it.

Anyway, I picked up Zelda BOTW and Mario Kart.

I am thoroughly impressed by Zelda. It's completely blown me away with how great of a game it is. I've logged probably 15-20 hours and it still feels like I've just scratched the surface. The level of detail in everything is second to none. Animal behavior, weather, cooking, etc., it's all so detailed and very thought out.

I'm so shocked that Nintendo put together such a great game for a system that doesn't have the brute force like the PS4 or XB1.

If anyone is hesitant to make the effort to get a Switch to pick up Zelda, don't be. I should have done so much sooner.
I couldn't agree more. I picked up a Switch for my son back in April for his 8th birthday. My mom got him Zelda and it's an incredible game both visually and from a game play perspective. I don't think this console will be a flash in the pan by any means.
__________________
XBL: Buddyl33
PSN: KC_Buddyl33

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-09-12, 12:33 PM   #19
95PreludeSE
 
95PreludeSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 4,571
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 99
Likes (Received): 327
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

My wife and daughter got me a Switch as an early birthday gift. I have to say this thing is pretty awesome, I'm surprised with the build quality and it's fantastic to use in handheld mode. I already played the hell out of Zelda on the Wii U but I may grab another copy so I can play it on the go - have some work travel coming up and it will be some good entertainment.

Everyone else here still enjoying their Switch? Anyone played Mario + Rabbids?
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-09-13, 09:52 AM   #20
CosmosM3
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,816
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 179
Likes (Received): 216
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95PreludeSE View Post
My wife and daughter got me a Switch as an early birthday gift. I have to say this thing is pretty awesome, I'm surprised with the build quality and it's fantastic to use in handheld mode. I already played the hell out of Zelda on the Wii U but I may grab another copy so I can play it on the go - have some work travel coming up and it will be some good entertainment.

Everyone else here still enjoying their Switch? Anyone played Mario + Rabbids?
I honestly haven't played mine since shortly after launch. Zelda got old for me, as the end game left a lot to be desired and I'm not a completionist for the sake of doing it. Game felt too big, with not enough direction, and not enough reason for really scouring everything.

Will probably pick it back up this fall for farm simulator and the new Mario come Christmas.
__________________
1997 Cobra Vert. Rio/Saddle
2013 4Runner SR5 4x4
CosmosM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-09-13, 11:02 AM   #21
ForcFed93
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Topeka KS
Posts: 4,049
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 331
Likes (Received): 656
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95PreludeSE View Post
Everyone else here still enjoying their Switch? Anyone played Mario + Rabbids?
Still play mine frequently. I completed Zelda a little while ago and I plan on picking it back up and doing another run through.

My daughter wanted Arms for her birthday so we got it. It's kind of a gimmicky game but I enjoy that she gets some exercise while playing it. And she plays the crap out of it.

Step son is going to want the Pokken Tournament game. I loathe Pokemon anything so I'll try to avoid that.

Really looking forward to the new Super Mario Odyssey though.
ForcFed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-09-13, 05:52 PM   #22
TheRoach
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 3,207
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 29
Thanks (Received): 34
Likes (Given): 76
Likes (Received): 163
Dislikes (Given): 30
Dislikes (Received): 41
Default

Played mine for a month or so and now it sits waiting on Mario Odyssey. I love Zelda and Mario Kart on it.
__________________
RoAcH
TheRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-09-13, 08:16 PM   #23
CosmosM3
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,816
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 179
Likes (Received): 216
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 6
Default

No Virtual Console is killing it for me right now... I initially saw myself picking up some old games I never finished or never played and that being filler between big titles.
__________________
1997 Cobra Vert. Rio/Saddle
2013 4Runner SR5 4x4
CosmosM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-09-14, 11:16 AM   #24
TheRoach
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 3,207
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 29
Thanks (Received): 34
Likes (Given): 76
Likes (Received): 163
Dislikes (Given): 30
Dislikes (Received): 41
Default

I was going to bring this up but I just left it alone. I only bought this for hopes of a Nintendo old-school game library.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosM3 View Post
No Virtual Console is killing it for me right now... I initially saw myself picking up some old games I never finished or never played and that being filler between big titles.
__________________
RoAcH
TheRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-09-15, 09:40 AM   #25
CosmosM3
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,816
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 179
Likes (Received): 216
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoach View Post
I was going to bring this up but I just left it alone. I only bought this for hopes of a Nintendo old-school game library.
Nintendo seems to always "almost succeed," they always almost get there but never quite take it all the way.

That's how the Switch feels to me, in a lot of ways it's great and in some ways... it still leaves me scratching my head.
__________________
1997 Cobra Vert. Rio/Saddle
2013 4Runner SR5 4x4
CosmosM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org