Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > Kills

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2017-04-14, 09:43 AM   #151
Squeaky192
 
Squeaky192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 11,896
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 260
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 2785
Likes (Received): 1318
Dislikes (Given): 141
Dislikes (Received): 64
Default

What happened to the ZR1?
__________________

1998 Volvo V70 - I can't get away from them.
1971 Camaro Z28 RS - "Barn Find" -LS/4L80/Strange 9" Restomod Beater
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R - Trouble Maker
Squeaky192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 10:14 AM   #152
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,262
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 925
Thanks (Received): 335
Likes (Given): 6333
Likes (Received): 2729
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky192 View Post
What happened to the ZR1?
Couldn't handle the powa.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 12:34 PM   #153
Billy Mild
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pevely, MO
Posts: 6,085
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 2535
Likes (Received): 581
Dislikes (Given): 84
Dislikes (Received): 32
Default

Car felt like it was going to wash out in Turn 1 at Gateway, and got on the brakes a little too hard on the transistion from the banked turn to the flat portion of the track before Turn 2. Spun out and hit the concrete wall.
__________________
1991 Corvette ZR-1 #1599 of 2,044 airlid mod
2016 RAM 1500-Roll coal
1986 Yamaha RZ350-blown up
1971 Yamaha AT1c-In the middle of restoration
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 12:43 PM   #154
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 12,004
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 453
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3870
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
Car felt like it was going to wash out in Turn 1 at Gateway, and got on the brakes a little too hard on the transistion from the banked turn to the flat portion of the track before Turn 2. Spun out and hit the concrete wall.

Damn.


So do just eat that? I assume the insurance company would deny the claim.


That sucks, bro.
__________________
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 01:03 PM   #155
so.DOPE
 
so.DOPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: From a 70 mph roll, 2 red tail lights radically morph to one...
Posts: 3,520
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 169
Likes (Received): 590
Dislikes (Given): 43
Dislikes (Received): 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
Car felt like it was going to wash out in Turn 1 at Gateway, and got on the brakes a little too hard on the transistion from the banked turn to the flat portion of the track before Turn 2. Spun out and hit the concrete wall.
And for this reason my car, whenever I finally finish it will never see a track day other than the 1320. Fuck that.
__________________


Spencer Davis Group - Blues in F
so.DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 01:09 PM   #156
Billy Mild
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pevely, MO
Posts: 6,085
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 2535
Likes (Received): 581
Dislikes (Given): 84
Dislikes (Received): 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Damn.


So do just eat that? I assume the insurance company would deny the claim.


That sucks, bro.
I got HPDE Insurance through Lockton Affinity. Hopefully it pans out. The deduct is really high, but better than nothing.
__________________
1991 Corvette ZR-1 #1599 of 2,044 airlid mod
2016 RAM 1500-Roll coal
1986 Yamaha RZ350-blown up
1971 Yamaha AT1c-In the middle of restoration
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 01:10 PM   #157
bimmertech
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,143
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 42
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 208
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

sorry for your loss billy.
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 01:18 PM   #158
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 12,004
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 453
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3870
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
I got HPDE Insurance through Lockton Affinity. Hopefully it pans out. The deduct is really high, but better than nothing.

Good man.


Great to hear.
__________________
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 01:46 PM   #159
xXSTi-lynXx
 
xXSTi-lynXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: JOCO
Posts: 6,993
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 212
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1180
Likes (Received): 988
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81
Default

Damn man, sorry Billy. I knew you loved that car by the way you talked about it on here. Pretty rare one too.

I have heard about insurance companies rejecting racetrack claims, is this across the board standard? I don't have a lot of track time under my belt.


I'm a street racer motherfucker
__________________

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 02:24 PM   #160
DanenGraham
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lee's Summit
Posts: 3,344
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 35
Likes (Given): 33
Likes (Received): 250
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Unless you get a separate policy for track insurance, yes most companies will deny the claim. Drag strip is the same way, and lots of cars eat shit there too.

One of the SCT events (STL last year IIRC) a Vette smacked the wall and the guy had the car towed or something and then called his insurance. He is now facing insurance fraud charges due to videos and people seeing it happen at the track.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Billy Mild liked this post
DanenGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 02:26 PM   #161
Billy Mild
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pevely, MO
Posts: 6,085
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 2535
Likes (Received): 581
Dislikes (Given): 84
Dislikes (Received): 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSTi-lynXx View Post
Damn man, sorry Billy. I knew you loved that car by the way you talked about it on here. Pretty rare one too.

I have heard about insurance companies rejecting racetrack claims, is this across the board standard? I don't have a lot of track time under my belt.


I'm a street racer motherfucker
You know after all the years of giving people shit about Corvettes, I finally bought one and still own it 3 years later. The LT-5, wider body, and big ass meats is what makes that car.

Once I got all the little things fixed on it, the car was a blast to drive. Ran like a beast as well. There is nothing that compares to a DOHC V8 hitting 7200 RPM with an open exhaust.

On the point of insurance, no regular insurance will cover you for track incidents. You have to get 3rd party insurance. Lockton Affinity is one of them. NASA actually recommends their insurance because of how well they handle claims(still in the process so I hope this is true). The insurance is so cheap too.

It sucks, but it is risk we take racing. It was a blast up until she spun out.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ten8ix1S8k
__________________
1991 Corvette ZR-1 #1599 of 2,044 airlid mod
2016 RAM 1500-Roll coal
1986 Yamaha RZ350-blown up
1971 Yamaha AT1c-In the middle of restoration
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 02:35 PM   #162
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 12,004
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 453
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3870
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123
Default

Next time don't cheap out on the tires


But seriously, as long as you weren't hurt you can always buy another toy
__________________
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 02:47 PM   #163
Billy Mild
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pevely, MO
Posts: 6,085
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 2535
Likes (Received): 581
Dislikes (Given): 84
Dislikes (Received): 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Next time don't cheap out on the tires


But seriously, as long as you weren't hurt you can always buy another toy
I was running NT-05's that were prepped for the track. They were gripping fine I just unsettled the car too much and that caused it to spin.
__________________
1991 Corvette ZR-1 #1599 of 2,044 airlid mod
2016 RAM 1500-Roll coal
1986 Yamaha RZ350-blown up
1971 Yamaha AT1c-In the middle of restoration
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 02:54 PM   #164
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,262
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 925
Thanks (Received): 335
Likes (Given): 6333
Likes (Received): 2729
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
You know after all the years of giving people shit about Corvettes, I finally bought one and still own it 3 years later. The LT-5, wider body, and big ass meats is what makes that car.

Once I got all the little things fixed on it, the car was a blast to drive. Ran like a beast as well. There is nothing that compares to a DOHC V8 hitting 7200 RPM with an open exhaust.

On the point of insurance, no regular insurance will cover you for track incidents. You have to get 3rd party insurance. Lockton Affinity is one of them. NASA actually recommends their insurance because of how well they handle claims(still in the process so I hope this is true). The insurance is so cheap too.

It sucks, but it is risk we take racing. It was a blast up until she spun out.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ten8ix1S8k
Danger to quarterpanel!!!!
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 02:54 PM   #165
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 12,004
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 453
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3870
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
I was running NT-05's that were prepped for the track. They were gripping fine I just unsettled the car too much and that caused it to spin.


My other concern is that it looked like you let a BMW pass God's chariot....
__________________
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 02:58 PM   #166
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,262
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 925
Thanks (Received): 335
Likes (Given): 6333
Likes (Received): 2729
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
My other concern is that it looked like you let a BMW pass God's chariot....
Should've been in an ls1.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 07:18 PM   #167
Billy Mild
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pevely, MO
Posts: 6,085
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 2535
Likes (Received): 581
Dislikes (Given): 84
Dislikes (Received): 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
My other concern is that it looked like you let a BMW pass God's chariot....
You have to let people pass. If they are close you are supposed to slow down then point them by. So take it with a grain of salt.

The ZR-1 could hold its own. Beat a full bolt on Mach1 with Cams in a straight line without issue. I didn't even have headers/tune back then.
__________________
1991 Corvette ZR-1 #1599 of 2,044 airlid mod
2016 RAM 1500-Roll coal
1986 Yamaha RZ350-blown up
1971 Yamaha AT1c-In the middle of restoration
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 08:08 PM   #168
ForcFed93
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Topeka KS
Posts: 4,073
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 94
Likes (Given): 332
Likes (Received): 660
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 29
Default

That video is painful to watch. Can't really see the damage though. Total loss? It seems like you were moving at a pretty good clip when you smacked the wall.
ForcFed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-14, 08:18 PM   #169
xXSTi-lynXx
 
xXSTi-lynXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: JOCO
Posts: 6,993
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 212
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1180
Likes (Received): 988
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post
That video is painful to watch. Can't really see the damage though. Total loss? It seems like you were moving at a pretty good clip when you smacked the wall.
Sorry for your loss man, sucks
__________________

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-15, 07:13 AM   #170
so.DOPE
 
so.DOPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: From a 70 mph roll, 2 red tail lights radically morph to one...
Posts: 3,520
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 169
Likes (Received): 590
Dislikes (Given): 43
Dislikes (Received): 45
Default

You almost saved it. It looks like if you would have cranked that wheel to the left really hard whilst rolling backwards you may have been able to avoid that damn wall altogether. But who's thinking that in that situation.

I'm sorry man.
__________________


Spencer Davis Group - Blues in F
so.DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-15, 07:43 AM   #171
Billy Mild
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pevely, MO
Posts: 6,085
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 2535
Likes (Received): 581
Dislikes (Given): 84
Dislikes (Received): 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by so.DOPE View Post
You almost saved it. It looks like if you would have cranked that wheel to the left really hard whilst rolling backwards you may have been able to avoid that damn wall altogether. But who's thinking that in that situation.

I'm sorry man.
Once I hit the grass there was no control. I had the brakes on as hard as I could. The issue was that grass area was so muddy that it was just like being on ice. My car just slide. I tried to save it, but the instructor calmly told me to hold onto the brakes as hard as I could as there was 0 traction on the grass.

He said right before I hit the wall, "I don't think we will hit the wall" 2 seconds after that boom. Concrete wall.

The thing about the car does suck, the KOTH was a great car overall. I just renewed my ZR-1 club membership, NASA Membership, and was planning on 3-4 track days this year. This kind of throws a wrench in it. Hopefully I can get the car to the body shop on Monday to get the final analysis.





The bumper is tilted down on the left hand side of the car. That is the main issue right now. I assume the frame is tweaked. Being that C4's frames are aluminum I have a feeling it will be cracked.
__________________
1991 Corvette ZR-1 #1599 of 2,044 airlid mod
2016 RAM 1500-Roll coal
1986 Yamaha RZ350-blown up
1971 Yamaha AT1c-In the middle of restoration
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-15, 08:26 AM   #172
bimmertech
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,143
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 42
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 208
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

It's stuff like this that keep me away from places like gateway and kansas speedway. Good job on the supplement, the lockton insurance guys are ace.
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-15, 09:25 AM   #173
so.DOPE
 
so.DOPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: From a 70 mph roll, 2 red tail lights radically morph to one...
Posts: 3,520
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 169
Likes (Received): 590
Dislikes (Given): 43
Dislikes (Received): 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
Once I hit the grass there was no control. I had the brakes on as hard as I could. The issue was that grass area was so muddy that it was just like being on ice. My car just slide. I tried to save it, but the instructor calmly told me to hold onto the brakes as hard as I could as there was 0 traction on the grass.

He said right before I hit the wall, "I don't think we will hit the wall" 2 seconds after that boom. Concrete wall.

The thing about the car does suck, the KOTH was a great car overall. I just renewed my ZR-1 club membership, NASA Membership, and was planning on 3-4 track days this year. This kind of throws a wrench in it. Hopefully I can get the car to the body shop on Monday to get the final analysis.





The bumper is tilted down on the left hand side of the car. That is the main issue right now. I assume the frame is tweaked. Being that C4's frames are aluminum I have a feeling it will be cracked.
If there's any silver lining at least it was somewhat of a direct hit and not an angle'd hit in the taillight. I'm assuming that would have been even more detrimental.

You never know how bad it is until you start digging. Maybe you'll be surprised and fortunate. Fingers crossed for ya.
__________________


Spencer Davis Group - Blues in F
so.DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-15, 09:37 AM   #174
Billy Mild
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pevely, MO
Posts: 6,085
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 2535
Likes (Received): 581
Dislikes (Given): 84
Dislikes (Received): 32
Default

I have a few sources for parts, but with the car being so rare along with Chevy only producing 5 of each part of spares they aren't easy to come by. Good thing is the ZR-1 community is second to none. I have never seen a group of people that truly love a car and try to keep them on the road. It's the only car club I have actually joined.

I'm worried that with all the damage it will never be right after an impact like that. But never know could go down to body shop and they say it's all cosmetic and the rear quarter panel surround piece and bumper need to be replaced and re-epoxied to the car. That would be best case.
__________________
1991 Corvette ZR-1 #1599 of 2,044 airlid mod
2016 RAM 1500-Roll coal
1986 Yamaha RZ350-blown up
1971 Yamaha AT1c-In the middle of restoration
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-15, 09:52 AM   #175
so.DOPE
 
so.DOPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: From a 70 mph roll, 2 red tail lights radically morph to one...
Posts: 3,520
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 169
Likes (Received): 590
Dislikes (Given): 43
Dislikes (Received): 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
I have a few sources for parts, but with the car being so rare along with Chevy only producing 5 of each part of spares they aren't easy to come by. Good thing is the ZR-1 community is second to none. I have never seen a group of people that truly love a car and try to keep them on the road. It's the only car club I have actually joined.

I'm worried that with all the damage it will never be right after an impact like that. But never know could go down to body shop and they say it's all cosmetic and the rear quarter panel surround piece and bumper need to be replaced and re-epoxied to the car. That would be best case.
Right. Well, if it comes down to it never being 'right' you could always make it a dedicated track day car. I know you obviously don't want that to be the case but IF it is...you could salvage that from it.

Glass half full I guess.
__________________


Spencer Davis Group - Blues in F
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes carlos64030, snm95ls, Billy Mild liked this post
so.DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
all the race things, jw vs the world

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org