Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > Kills

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2017-04-13, 07:02 AM   #76
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,264
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 925
Thanks (Received): 335
Likes (Given): 6334
Likes (Received): 2729
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...eife_lap_times

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
What's an nsx-r? Never heard of it, I assume nothing special?

Sti-Lynn you'd prob walk my shitbox, at least from a dig, I only got headers bro.
But next time I'm in KC with it, I'll see if we can set something up.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 07:29 AM   #77
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 12,005
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 454
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3873
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
What's an nsx-r? Never heard of it, I assume nothing special?

Sti-Lynn you'd prob walk my shitbox, at least from a dig, I only got headers bro.
But next time I'm in KC with it, I'll see if we can set something up.


I've got some stickies in the garage I'd let you use so that doesn't happen
__________________
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 07:45 AM   #78
Squeaky192
 
Squeaky192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 11,896
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 260
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 2785
Likes (Received): 1318
Dislikes (Given): 141
Dislikes (Received): 64
Default

Fun fact, the STi is slower than a fucking Cobalt SS around a track.

(The newer turd STi, I'm sure the actual cool '04-'07 ones are quicker but hell if I know).
__________________

1998 Volvo V70 - I can't get away from them.
1971 Camaro Z28 RS - "Barn Find" -LS/4L80/Strange 9" Restomod Beater
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R - Trouble Maker

Last edited by Squeaky192; 2017-04-13 at 07:50 AM..
Squeaky192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 07:52 AM   #79
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 12,005
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 454
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3873
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky192 View Post
Fun fact, the STi is slower than a fucking Cobalt SS around a track.

(The newer turd STi, I'm sure the actual cool '04-'07 ones are quicker but hell if I know).


But Slowbalts are dog shit slow from a dig, and roll when straight line racing.


Wrong wheel drive FTL.
__________________
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 08:03 AM   #80
Squeaky192
 
Squeaky192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 11,896
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 260
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 2785
Likes (Received): 1318
Dislikes (Given): 141
Dislikes (Received): 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
But Slowbalts are dog shit slow from a dig, and roll when straight line racing.


Wrong wheel drive FTL.
How's that engine in that turd doing again after all the spray it took to beat a Cobalt?

Cause it sure as shit couldn't get it done on motor.
__________________

1998 Volvo V70 - I can't get away from them.
1971 Camaro Z28 RS - "Barn Find" -LS/4L80/Strange 9" Restomod Beater
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R - Trouble Maker
Squeaky192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 08:30 AM   #81
xXSTi-lynXx
 
xXSTi-lynXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: JOCO
Posts: 6,993
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 212
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1180
Likes (Received): 988
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
What's an nsx-r? Never heard of it, I assume nothing special?

Sti-Lynn you'd prob walk my shitbox, at least from a dig, I only got headers bro.
But next time I'm in KC with it, I'll see if we can set something up.
Dig? Nahh I'd walk you on a 40 roll no problem
__________________

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 08:37 AM   #82
Squeaky192
 
Squeaky192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 11,896
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 260
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 2785
Likes (Received): 1318
Dislikes (Given): 141
Dislikes (Received): 64
Default

What world is this that an AWD car is calling for roll races?
__________________

1998 Volvo V70 - I can't get away from them.
1971 Camaro Z28 RS - "Barn Find" -LS/4L80/Strange 9" Restomod Beater
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R - Trouble Maker
Squeaky192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 08:46 AM   #83
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 12,005
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 454
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3873
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky192 View Post
How's that engine in that turd doing again after all the spray it took to beat a Cobalt?

Cause it sure as shit couldn't get it done on motor.

You act like I was even taking about your car, or my Cobra.


I'd try to get an actual quick Cobalt, unlike yours, to race me and it's instant crickets.
__________________
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 08:47 AM   #84
bimmertech
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,143
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 42
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 208
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
What's an nsx-r? Never heard of it, I assume nothing special?
.
Standard rice package. Shift knob, seats, and a lip spoiler. No engine mods.
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:03 AM   #85
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,264
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 925
Thanks (Received): 335
Likes (Given): 6334
Likes (Received): 2729
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
Standard rice package. Shift knob, seats, and a lip spoiler. No engine mods.
Lol, sure sounds like it.

https://www.supercars.net/blog/2002-honda-nsx-r-2/


Or a track-dedicated, Japan release only model that weighed 250 lbs less than the standard car.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:09 AM   #86
bimmertech
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,143
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 42
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 208
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Lol, sure sounds like it.

https://www.supercars.net/blog/2002-honda-nsx-r-2/


Or a track-dedicated, Japan release only model that weighed 250 lbs less than the standard car.
So pretty much like a z06.
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:13 AM   #87
xXSTi-lynXx
 
xXSTi-lynXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: JOCO
Posts: 6,993
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 212
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1180
Likes (Received): 988
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky192 View Post
What world is this that an AWD car is calling for roll races?
Yep, STis gearing is great for 40mph rolls
__________________

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:18 AM   #88
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,264
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 925
Thanks (Received): 335
Likes (Given): 6334
Likes (Received): 2729
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
So pretty much like a z06.
Dude, it's pulled the ac out.

The majority of the weight loss on a z06 is the frc portion of the body and exhaust.

I'd hardly call that nsxr a street car in that sense.

Also, lyn, I've got you covered in a roll of you only have dyno #s in your sig, but I thought I recalled seeing somewhere you were closer to 400/400 now.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:25 AM   #89
xXSTi-lynXx
 
xXSTi-lynXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: JOCO
Posts: 6,993
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 212
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1180
Likes (Received): 988
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Dude, it's pulled the ac out.

The majority of the weight loss on a z06 is the frc portion of the body and exhaust.

I'd hardly call that nsxr a street car in that sense.

Also, lyn, I've got you covered in a roll of you only have dyno #s in your sig, but I thought I recalled seeing somewhere you were closer to 400/400 now.
Wanna find out?

Like I said, I stay door to door on a 40 roll with a 425hp camaro.

My dyno #s were taken with a heat soaked IC, in a 95+ degree shop.

Either way, I'll still walk you like it's hot if all you have is exhaust mods.
__________________

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:25 AM   #90
bimmertech
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,143
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 42
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 208
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Dude, it's pulled the ac out.

The majority of the weight loss on a z06 is the frc portion of the body and exhaust.

I'd hardly call that nsxr a street car in that sense. .
Never mind the thinner glass and removal of all sound deadening. I pdi'd those things back in the day and have been a corvette fanboy longer than i care to admit. The z06 is exactly the same vein. Just not quite as well done given its price point.
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:28 AM   #91
xXSTi-lynXx
 
xXSTi-lynXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: JOCO
Posts: 6,993
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 212
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1180
Likes (Received): 988
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81
Default

Also remember hanging with ls1 T/As and maros on rolls before the new motor /e85.


I gotcha bub
__________________

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:29 AM   #92
Squeaky192
 
Squeaky192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 11,896
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 260
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 2785
Likes (Received): 1318
Dislikes (Given): 141
Dislikes (Received): 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
You act like I was even taking about your car, or my Cobra.


I'd try to get an actual quick Cobalt, unlike yours, to race me and it's instant crickets.
I don't own a Cobalt, old man.
__________________

1998 Volvo V70 - I can't get away from them.
1971 Camaro Z28 RS - "Barn Find" -LS/4L80/Strange 9" Restomod Beater
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R - Trouble Maker
Squeaky192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:32 AM   #93
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,264
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 925
Thanks (Received): 335
Likes (Given): 6334
Likes (Received): 2729
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSTi-lynXx View Post
Wanna find out?

Like I said, I stay door to door on a 40 roll with a 425hp camaro.

My dyno #s were taken with a heat soaked IC, in a 95+ degree shop.

Either way, I'll still walk you like it's hot if all you have is exhaust mods.
Yep.

Headers and tooned. Heck I still even got the cats.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
Never mind the thinner glass and removal of all sound deadening. I pdi'd those things back in the day and have been a corvette fanboy longer than i care to admit. The z06 is exactly the same vein. Just not quite as well done given its price point.
It's (zo6)definitely more track focused, but imo, the nsxr takes it to Another level, like a scudiera Ferrari. Like I said, the main weight savings on the z is the FRC and exhaust. Still has ac, same seats, etc as a base.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:33 AM   #94
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 12,005
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 454
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3873
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky192 View Post
I don't own a Cobalt, old man.

And I don't own a Cobra, son, but that didn't seem to stop you from bringing them both up


I just remember that maroon Cobalt "Stage WTF" tucking and running at the mere suggestion of a dig run with my shitbox pickup truck
__________________
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:37 AM   #95
xXSTi-lynXx
 
xXSTi-lynXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: JOCO
Posts: 6,993
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 212
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1180
Likes (Received): 988
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
And I don't own a Cobra, son, but that didn't seem to stop you from bringing them both up


I just remember that maroon Cobalt "Stage WTF" tucking and running at the mere suggestion of a dig run with my shitbox pickup truck
If it was the maroon colbalt I raced once, he probably didn't think you were worth the race, that guy left me like I was standing still. Thing is fast AF.
__________________

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:40 AM   #96
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 12,005
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 454
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3873
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSTi-lynXx View Post
If it was the maroon colbalt I raced once, he probably didn't think you were worth the race, that guy left me like I was standing still. Thing is fast AF.

I'm friends with him.


We both knew I'd pull the front bumper off the front of that Cobalt with the vacuum created when I left the line.


Zero chance he wins.
__________________
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:42 AM   #97
xXSTi-lynXx
 
xXSTi-lynXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: JOCO
Posts: 6,993
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 212
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1180
Likes (Received): 988
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Yep.

Headers and tooned. Heck I still even got the cats.




It's (zo6)definitely more track focused, but imo, the nsxr takes it to Another level, like a scudiera Ferrari. Like I said, the main weight savings on the z is the FRC and exhaust. Still has ac, same seats, etc as a base.
So wanna get your shit pushed in by a 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine?
__________________

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:43 AM   #98
xXSTi-lynXx
 
xXSTi-lynXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: JOCO
Posts: 6,993
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 212
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1180
Likes (Received): 988
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
I'm friends with him.


We both knew I'd pull the front bumper off the front of that Cobalt with the vacuum created when I left the line.


Zero chance he wins.
Not the same dude then, the way this guy pulled away from me was unbelievable. He pulled away from me faster than my dad did in his GT.
__________________

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:49 AM   #99
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 12,005
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 454
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3873
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSTi-lynXx View Post
Not the same dude then, the way this guy pulled away from me was unbelievable. He pulled away from me faster than my dad did in his GT.


In a dig race?


And yes, it's most likely the same dude. He got that thing moving pretty good. One time we randomly ran into each other on I70 but my bottle was empty. We did a quick 40 roll for the hell of it and he hit it....shifted....the exhaust popped like a bag full of m80s going off....and he was gone


I laugh at STis from a dig in my truck. I think you're underestimating what a stalled L on slicks and spray is capable of.
__________________
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-04-13, 09:59 AM   #100
xXSTi-lynXx
 
xXSTi-lynXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: JOCO
Posts: 6,993
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 212
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1180
Likes (Received): 988
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
In a dig race?


And yes, it's most likely the same dude. He got that thing moving pretty good. One time we randomly ran into each other on I70 but my bottle was empty. We did a quick 40 roll for the hell of it and he hit it....shifted....the exhaust popped like a bag full of m80s going off....and he was gone


I laugh at STis from a dig in my truck. I think you're underestimating what a stalled L on slicks and spray is capable of.
I'm actually not a AWD is always better fan boy.

And I am very aware that a torquey big motor car/truck with slicks with the right set-up can own a similar powered AWD car in dig races.
__________________

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
all the race things, jw vs the world

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org