Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Computers, Teh Interweb, Gaming, Electronics

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2015-08-05, 09:18 PM   #151
titaniumSS
 
titaniumSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: BSMO
Posts: 18,282
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 121
Likes (Given): 677
Likes (Received): 721
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 16
Default

I'm really enjoying Windows 10 so far. The only problems I had was Nvidia GeForce Experience not being able to open because of an error. Uninstalled everything related to it and still got the error. Due to forgetting to update my driver to the Windows 10 ready one, my second monitor also wasn't working. I finally pulled my head out of my ass and just went into display drivers and installed the update through that instead and now everything works great. Nice job MS.
__________________
-Erik

titaniumSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-05, 09:44 PM   #152
SlowTA
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lees Summit
Posts: 7,051
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 43
Likes (Given): 121
Likes (Received): 132
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offensive View Post
I'm afraid I am going to shit out of luck unless I install 7 and then do the upgrade from there. I wasn't able to do the upgrade because the install of 10 got screwed up somehow and ended up costing me all of my data.

If I go back to 7 can I force the upgrade through or do I have to install all of the updates before it will allow me to "legally" upgrade to 10?
__________________
Insert witty something here.
SlowTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-05, 10:05 PM   #153
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.
 
offensive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 49,640
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 1756
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 50
Default

Install windows 7, add your license or whatever, download this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 hit upgrade. good to go.
__________________
offensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-05, 10:20 PM   #154
Karlen
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 32,547
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 482
Likes (Given): 4078
Likes (Received): 4368
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 168
Default

I'm getting random "loading" circle things on my cursor just browsing the internet. It's getting to be a real annoyance.
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-06, 05:15 AM   #155
NachO_SRT
 
NachO_SRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OP KS
Posts: 2,386
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 103
Likes (Received): 332
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlen View Post
I'm getting random "loading" circle things on my cursor just browsing the internet. It's getting to be a real annoyance.
Right click your task bar, open Task Manager - Then hit "advanced"


you should see a window with 7 tabs at the top - Processes, Performance, App History, Startup, Users, Details, and finally Services.


Go to App history - browse the web till you see the little circle thinggy, and then flip back to app history - you should see something aside from your browser consuming CPU - Trace this program as it's likely the reason your having spotty delays.


__________________
2017 Chevy 3500HD High Country - Daily Driver
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali - Sold
2004 SRT-4 - Monster
http://www.kcsr.org/signaturepics/sigpic826_1.gif
Quote:
Science will fly you to Mars, Religion will fly you into a building - N. Ruth
Nemo me impune lacessit
NachO_SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-06, 07:58 AM   #156
JustinCredible
 
JustinCredible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 19,352
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 178
Thanks (Received): 96
Likes (Given): 920
Likes (Received): 340
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Only issue I'm having so far is that I am unable to open the Xbox app. What's peculiar is that all other accounts on my PC can open the app with no problems. Not a terrible loss by any means but it's still annoying.
JustinCredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-06, 12:03 PM   #157
CrashNBurn
 
CrashNBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 6,349
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 33
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

No issues here. Working great.
CrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-06, 01:17 PM   #158
MountainDew
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mile High City
Posts: 18,710
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 282
Thanks (Received): 170
Likes (Given): 387
Likes (Received): 803
Dislikes (Given): 344
Dislikes (Received): 87
Default

Am I the only one who
Crashes GTA 5
CS Source won't even load
BF4 won't load or crashes too

I've been playing Roller Coaster Tycoon.
MountainDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-06, 03:07 PM   #159
Karlen
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 32,547
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 482
Likes (Given): 4078
Likes (Received): 4368
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 168
Default

BF4 ran great for me. I had been playing on high to keep my fps over 60, and now its on ultra at 60 easy.
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-06, 04:26 PM   #160
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.
 
offensive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 49,640
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 1756
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
Am I the only one who
Crashes GTA 5
CS Source won't even load
BF4 won't load or crashes too

I've been playing Roller Coaster Tycoon.
I'm not having any issues, but I ran DDU and installed all brand new drivers after update.
__________________
offensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-06, 04:52 PM   #161
JohnnyBravo
**Sponsor**
 
JohnnyBravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bravo Land
Posts: 4,922
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 389
Likes (Given): 207
Likes (Received): 1740
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Can't publish to .pdf. Can't print to any of my printers. Let Microsoft tech take remote control of my PC for an hour and 10 minutes and he couldn't fix it. My PC is basically a paperweight. I'm pissed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Are you ready for the MAYHEM?!
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-06, 09:17 PM   #162
LTe
 
LTe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No Man's Land
Posts: 2,102
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 105
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 823
Likes (Received): 289
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

I'm waiting to upgrade because of some proprietary hardware we use at work doesn't have windows 10 drivers yet. 8.1 for awhile. I keep hearing from a lot of people saying 10 shares a lot of info. I like my computers to not share info.
__________________
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf” – George Orwell
LTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-06, 09:26 PM   #163
shaun y
Mr 49er
 
shaun y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: الكافر المشرف
Posts: 15,767
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 164
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 3414
Likes (Received): 1009
Dislikes (Given): 187
Dislikes (Received): 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTe View Post
I'm waiting to upgrade because of some proprietary hardware we use at work doesn't have windows 10 drivers yet. 8.1 for awhile. I keep hearing from a lot of people saying 10 shares a lot of info. I like my computers to not share info.
Read this thread and you'll see how that's all super easy to turn off. I didn't even know about any of it beforehand and I selected to turn it all off as I was installing Windows because it's very easy and common sense. They aren't really trying to hide anything.
__________________
shaun y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-06, 09:43 PM   #164
JDLM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lenexa
Posts: 158,437
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Yeah, I turned off all the MS reporting nonsense
__________________

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF



JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-06, 10:18 PM   #165
Ricerking13
 
Ricerking13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 50,788
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offensive View Post
restore your power plans to default
Thanks for the suggestion bud... didn't get me anywhere... browser takes 1-2.5 minutes to "fire up" and start working well. It's possibly wifi related, or more like wifi to browser connection is bad for the first little bit.

EDIT: After posting that... I just went through another "blip" where everything was super slow.. still attempting to run a speedtest... it's just too slow... DL speed is pegging .22 mbps.

I know it's not just my wifi... phone at the same time pulled a miserable 2.88 mbps.

Granted I pay for 50mbps and normally see 20-30.

EDIT2: So I'm getting 100mpbs at my wired computer. The phone gets worse wireless, the asus laptop almost nothing at times... but then spikes up randomly to work okay. The asus laptop worked very consistently pre-windows 10.
__________________
2013 Chrysler 300

Last edited by Ricerking13; 2015-08-06 at 10:29 PM..
Ricerking13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-07, 07:14 AM   #166
kellyrx8
Super Moderator
 
kellyrx8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 14,351
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 702
Likes (Received): 450
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricerking13 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion bud... didn't get me anywhere... browser takes 1-2.5 minutes to "fire up" and start working well. It's possibly wifi related, or more like wifi to browser connection is bad for the first little bit.

EDIT: After posting that... I just went through another "blip" where everything was super slow.. still attempting to run a speedtest... it's just too slow... DL speed is pegging .22 mbps.

I know it's not just my wifi... phone at the same time pulled a miserable 2.88 mbps.

Granted I pay for 50mbps and normally see 20-30.

EDIT2: So I'm getting 100mpbs at my wired computer. The phone gets worse wireless, the asus laptop almost nothing at times... but then spikes up randomly to work okay. The asus laptop worked very consistently pre-windows 10.
whats your laptop model?
kellyrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-07, 09:49 AM   #167
Ricerking13
 
Ricerking13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 50,788
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Asus tp500l, i7
__________________
2013 Chrysler 300
Ricerking13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-07, 10:46 AM   #168
kellyrx8
Super Moderator
 
kellyrx8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 14,351
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 702
Likes (Received): 450
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricerking13 View Post
Asus tp500l, i7
can you tell what wifi adaptor its running? should be in device manager.

either Qualcomm Atheros or Ralink?
kellyrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-07, 11:02 AM   #169
Ricerking13
 
Ricerking13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 50,788
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrx8 View Post
can you tell what wifi adaptor its running? should be in device manager.

either Qualcomm Atheros or Ralink?
mediatek I believe.
__________________
2013 Chrysler 300
Ricerking13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-07, 03:02 PM   #170
JDLM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lenexa
Posts: 158,437
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Windows 10 Raises Some Hackles


"Tablet view is showing saved porn images," wrote Reddit user "FalloutBos."
"Woke up to wife asking why I set it to rotate all my porn images right on the desktop view. I have no idea [how] to shut that feature off and that computer is staying shut down until I do."
FalloutBos had started downloading Windows 10 onto his computer the night before, and it seems the new OS reached down into his "My Pictures" folder and created a slideshow.
That incident raised howls of laughter, but it points to one of the problems early users of Microsoft's new OS have reported.
Complaints began surfacing with the release of Windows 10 Preview, but many suspended judgment on the grounds that the OS was still in testing, and the kinks were being worked out.
Their continuation after Microsoft began rolling out the production release is grounds for concern, suggested Mike Jude, a research manager with Frost & Sullivan.
"This is Microsoft's last chance to remain relevant in the desktop space," he told TechNewsWorld. "If Microsoft wants to become a niche player, screwing around with this operating system is a good way to do it."

Glass Half Full?

Glitches are commonplace in the early days of a massive general software release.
"I think Windows 10, like any major new product, is having some teething problems, which I believe will be sorted out quickly," said Al Hilwa, a program director at IDC.
"In many ways, this is a test of the new, agile Microsoft, which has successfully externalized much of its beta testing processes through the Insider program," he told TechNewsWorld.
Microsoft's All-Seeing Eye

However, the criticisms aren't limited to angst over technical issues.
Privacy-minded users have complained about the huge amount of personal data the OS gathers and sends to Microsoft.
Users who click "Express Settings" during installation apparently give Windows 10 permission to access their contacts, calendar details, text and touch input, location data and other information, which it sends to Microsoft.
The company uses the information for personalization and targeted ads.
Sharing such data, especially keystroke logs, is a potential hazard, according to Jude, and it raises the question of whether it will be safe to conduct online banking on a Windows 10 PC, for instance.
"Many of the things I do on my desktop must be secure," Jude said. "I don't want somebody to look over my shoulder as I use my PC, or as I write something, which is what Google's doing with Google Docs -- you write a story on donuts and you get served up donut ads while you're writing."
Privacy "is going to be a major differentiator," Jude said. "People get really tense about it."
No More Playing DVDs

Microsoft has removed the DVD player in Windows 10, and it requires users to pay US$15 to download its DVD app.
That has aroused some anger -- but to be fair, Macs haven't had a CD or DVD drive for some time, and its users don't seem particularly put out.
Further, "now a lot of stuff is cloud-based, so do you really care what's on your desktop, so long as your browser works?" Jude asked. Streaming content seems the way to go these days.
The Browser Issue

Mozilla is hot under the collar about Windows 10 not playing nicely with the Firefox browser, and CEO Chris Beard sent Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella an open letter complaining about it.
However, setting Microsoft's new Edge as the default browser really isn't a departure from what Microsoft has done in the past with Internet Explorer, which nevertheless fell out of favor and lost its dominant position.
Installing Windows 10 doesn't uninstall third-party apps, including browsers, so for users who want to keep using Firefox, Chrome or any other browser, it's just a matter of manually selecting a preference.
__________________

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF



JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-10, 03:19 PM   #171
Justin 05 STi
 
Justin 05 STi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: foiling your fun
Posts: 4,738
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 415
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 11
Default

Over the weekend I bought a newer video card for my desktop in hopes of getting it to Windows 10 too.

Install went fine and I was ready to prod the GWX application to start my update, but no dice. It still lists my old video card as the reason I can't upgrade.

Microsoft has a writeup about manually refreshing the compatibility report (KB 3080351), but I tried their script and forcing the scheduled tasks on my own at an Admin command prompt to no avail. I get the "success" status but nothing changes.

The "What this report covers" link mentions that it runs automatically "about once a month". The scheduled tasks look to run a lot more frequently than that, so who knows. Just wondering if anybody has any bright ideas besides doing a clean install from scratch. I am fine waiting to do the in place update, it would just be nice to know if I can manually force it for real, or know exactly how long I'll have to wait for Microsoft to recognize my new hardware.
__________________
- Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025
In 2025, US aerospace forces can “own the weather” by capitalizing on emerging technologies and focusing development of those technologies to war-fighting applications.
Justin 05 STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-10, 03:24 PM   #172
kellyrx8
Super Moderator
 
kellyrx8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 14,351
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 702
Likes (Received): 450
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin 05 STi View Post
Over the weekend I bought a newer video card for my desktop in hopes of getting it to Windows 10 too.

Install went fine and I was ready to prod the GWX application to start my update, but no dice. It still lists my old video card as the reason I can't upgrade.

Microsoft has a writeup about manually refreshing the compatibility report (KB 3080351), but I tried their script and forcing the scheduled tasks on my own at an Admin command prompt to no avail. I get the "success" status but nothing changes.

The "What this report covers" link mentions that it runs automatically "about once a month". The scheduled tasks look to run a lot more frequently than that, so who knows. Just wondering if anybody has any bright ideas besides doing a clean install from scratch. I am fine waiting to do the in place update, it would just be nice to know if I can manually force it for real, or know exactly how long I'll have to wait for Microsoft to recognize my new hardware.
that was my initial issue.....basically I reinstalled 8.1 from scratch and once I was up and running on first boot it picked up the notification and upgraded me.

I would reinstall 8 if you have the time, and hopefully it will grab the update for 10.
kellyrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-10, 09:54 PM   #173
Ryan D
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,166
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 175
Likes (Given): 91
Likes (Received): 1288
Dislikes (Given): 28
Dislikes (Received): 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
Windows 10 Raises Some Hackles


"Tablet view is showing saved porn images," wrote Reddit user "FalloutBos."
"Woke up to wife asking why I set it to rotate all my porn images right on the desktop view. I have no idea [how] to shut that feature off and that computer is staying shut down until I do."
FalloutBos had started downloading Windows 10 onto his computer the night before, and it seems the new OS reached down into his "My Pictures" folder and created a slideshow.
That incident raised howls of laughter, but it points to one of the problems early users of Microsoft's new OS have reported.
Complaints began surfacing with the release of Windows 10 Preview, but many suspended judgment on the grounds that the OS was still in testing, and the kinks were being worked out.
Their continuation after Microsoft began rolling out the production release is grounds for concern, suggested Mike Jude, a research manager with Frost & Sullivan.
"This is Microsoft's last chance to remain relevant in the desktop space," he told TechNewsWorld. "If Microsoft wants to become a niche player, screwing around with this operating system is a good way to do it."

Glass Half Full?

Glitches are commonplace in the early days of a massive general software release.
"I think Windows 10, like any major new product, is having some teething problems, which I believe will be sorted out quickly," said Al Hilwa, a program director at IDC.
"In many ways, this is a test of the new, agile Microsoft, which has successfully externalized much of its beta testing processes through the Insider program," he told TechNewsWorld.
Microsoft's All-Seeing Eye

However, the criticisms aren't limited to angst over technical issues.
Privacy-minded users have complained about the huge amount of personal data the OS gathers and sends to Microsoft.
Users who click "Express Settings" during installation apparently give Windows 10 permission to access their contacts, calendar details, text and touch input, location data and other information, which it sends to Microsoft.
The company uses the information for personalization and targeted ads.
Sharing such data, especially keystroke logs, is a potential hazard, according to Jude, and it raises the question of whether it will be safe to conduct online banking on a Windows 10 PC, for instance.
"Many of the things I do on my desktop must be secure," Jude said. "I don't want somebody to look over my shoulder as I use my PC, or as I write something, which is what Google's doing with Google Docs -- you write a story on donuts and you get served up donut ads while you're writing."
Privacy "is going to be a major differentiator," Jude said. "People get really tense about it."
No More Playing DVDs

Microsoft has removed the DVD player in Windows 10, and it requires users to pay US$15 to download its DVD app.
That has aroused some anger -- but to be fair, Macs haven't had a CD or DVD drive for some time, and its users don't seem particularly put out.
Further, "now a lot of stuff is cloud-based, so do you really care what's on your desktop, so long as your browser works?" Jude asked. Streaming content seems the way to go these days.
The Browser Issue

Mozilla is hot under the collar about Windows 10 not playing nicely with the Firefox browser, and CEO Chris Beard sent Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella an open letter complaining about it.
However, setting Microsoft's new Edge as the default browser really isn't a departure from what Microsoft has done in the past with Internet Explorer, which nevertheless fell out of favor and lost its dominant position.
Installing Windows 10 doesn't uninstall third-party apps, including browsers, so for users who want to keep using Firefox, Chrome or any other browser, it's just a matter of manually selecting a preference.
Well, they already added a DVD player app in to Windows 10.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Ryan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-11, 06:57 AM   #174
TWEETY
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gardner ks
Posts: 2,143
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 217
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

3 days of using 10. No problems with update at all. No issues with Mozilla or graphics, etc. Only thing I had to do was rearrange my favorites.
__________________
2006 Mustang GT, 10 psi, 488RWHP
TWEETY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-11, 08:39 AM   #175
Justin 05 STi
 
Justin 05 STi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: foiling your fun
Posts: 4,738
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 415
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrx8 View Post
that was my initial issue.....basically I reinstalled 8.1 from scratch and once I was up and running on first boot it picked up the notification and upgraded me.

I would reinstall 8 if you have the time, and hopefully it will grab the update for 10.
So, the compatibility report refreshed itself overnight. Guess I just had to make my frustrations public. lol
__________________
- Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025
In 2025, US aerospace forces can “own the weather” by capitalizing on emerging technologies and focusing development of those technologies to war-fighting applications.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes kellyrx8 liked this post
Justin 05 STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cortana, windows 10

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org