Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Computers, Teh Interweb, Gaming, Electronics

Unread 2014-06-17, 12:02 PM   #76
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch: KC could lose ‘Sprint Center’ and much more in T-Mobile merger

If the Sprint name goes away, what are we going to call Sprint Center in the future? T-Mobile Center? Softbank USA Center? Or something else?JOHN SLEEZER/The Kansas City Star
The rumors are flying about what happens if Sprint merges with T-Mobile.
And while the financial outcomes might be great for stockholders in a $32 billion or so deal, Kansas City could lose a lot in the deal. This merger bus is being driven by Sprint’s majority owner, Softbank.
First, we soon could be saying goodbye to the Sprint name. It’s believed to be history if a merger occurs.
Second, Sprint CEO Dan Hesse reportedly would not be in charge of a newly merged company. So there goes a powerful and longtime civic leader.
Third, the wildly successful Sprint Center most likely would have to get a new name if the Sprint name goes away.
Fourth — and this is the biggest unknown — Kansas City could be in danger of losing jobs after the merger, especially if the new CEO wants to move the corporation’s top dogs to California (closer to Japan, home of SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son) or T-Mobile USA’s headquarters in Bellevue, Wash.
So what’s the likely successor when it comes to names?
Some people are putting their eggs in the T-Mobile basket, pointing out that it is a widely know brand worldwide, with decent marks for quality. And if the new company wants to put some fear into Verizon and AT&T — the big players in the cellphone market — the new firm has to be a recognizable brand.
So that might mean in the future we will be going downtown to something called “T-Mobile Center.”
But there’s apparently some thought that the new company might be called Softbank USA.
So ... grab your friends and let’s go catch a basketball game at “Softbank USA Center”?

Hmm. Actually, that has a nice ring to it.
Of course, Softbank USA — or T-Mobile or whatever the name of the new company becomes — will sound even better to Kansas City officials as long as it keeps paying the annual naming rights for the arena.
However, if the city loses jobs because of the merger, that could put a damper on a lot of excitement that now surrounds Sprint’s future plans.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-17, 01:28 PM   #77
BrixDaddy

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 134
Likes (Received): 137
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrx8 View Post
Nah they rent most of it out to other companies for office space.
Where are you getting that information? We only rent out space in 7 of the 20 buildings. Two of those seven are completely rented. The other five are single floor.
Unread 2014-06-17, 02:09 PM   #78
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 702
Likes (Received): 450
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrixDaddy View Post
Where are you getting that information? We only rent out space in 7 of the 20 buildings. Two of those seven are completely rented. The other five are single floor.
cool, so stroll on down there and ask? it was just an observation

I just noticed quite a few companies in there, I dont have a floor plan or anything to verify.....I have heard some bullshit stories about friends that worked/still work on campus....guess that kinda feeds back to 7 or 20 buildings occupied.

Last edited by kellyrx8; 2014-06-17 at 02:18 PM..
kellyrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-17, 03:18 PM   #79
BrixDaddy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrx8 View Post
cool, so stroll on down there and ask? it was just an observation

I just noticed quite a few companies in there, I dont have a floor plan or anything to verify.....I have heard some bullshit stories about friends that worked/still work on campus....guess that kinda feeds back to 7 or 20 buildings occupied.
I don't need to stroll anywhere to ask, I work for Sprint Real Estate. We lease out less than 500k sf of our 4mil. It's not like it's a money maker either at $16/sf.

What i'm getting at is Softbank complains about having to fly to Kansas (which is why we got them a satellite office in San Carlos). They would much rather stop on the East coast, conveniently where T-Mobile has their headquarters. It would be a huge loss to Kansas City's 11,000 employees.
Unread 2014-06-17, 03:20 PM   #80
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I don't need to stroll anywhere to ask, I work for Sprint Real Estate. We lease out less than 500k sf of our 4mil. It's not like it's a money maker either at $16/sf.

What i'm getting at is Softbank complains about having to fly to Kansas (which is why we got them a satellite office in San Carlos). They would much rather stop on the East coast, conveniently where T-Mobile has their headquarters. It would be a huge loss to Kansas City's 11,000 employees.

Tmobile's HQ is west coast

Unread 2014-06-17, 03:29 PM   #81
BrixDaddy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
Tmobile's HQ is west coast
Damn that's what I meant to say. Long day.

All I know is I'm not moving to Bellevue.
Unread 2014-06-17, 04:12 PM   #82
carlos64030
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 391
Thanks (Received): 284
Likes (Given): 2785
Likes (Received): 1586
Dislikes (Given): 16
Dislikes (Received): 19

Quote:

You were supposed to had learned left from right in kindergarten...

One owner, 1997 WS6 Trans Am - Far from stock.
carlos64030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-17, 09:49 PM   #83
Billy Mild

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 2535
Likes (Received): 581
Dislikes (Given): 84
Dislikes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos64030 View Post
You were supposed to had learned left from right in kindergarten...
And everyone wants to know why sprint hasn't turned a profit in 20 years....
1991 Corvette ZR-1 #1599 of 2,044 airlid mod
2016 RAM 1500-Roll coal
1986 Yamaha RZ350-blown up
1971 Yamaha AT1c-In the middle of restoration
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes carlos64030, Karlen liked this post
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-18, 11:59 AM   #84
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

AT&T CEO says Sprint/T-Mobile merger isn’t happening

When AT&T tried to acquire T-Mobile back in 2011, Sprint CEO Dan Hesse said that there was no way AT&T should be allowed by regulators to acquire T-Mobile — only Sprint should be allowed to acquire T-Mobile. It took three years, but Sprint will soon see how regulators feel about its plans to merge with T-Mobile. Hesse was incredibly vocal in opposing AT&T’s attempted T-Mobile takeover. While it looks like AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson won’t fight the Sprint/T-Mobile deal quite as vigorously, he did have some thoughts to share on the matter.
“The problem as I see it is the way the government shut our deal down. They wrote a complaint and a very specific complaint. You’re consolidating the industry from four to three national competitors,” Stephenson said during an event in Washington, D.C., according to Re/code. “If you think of Sprint and T-Mobile combining, I struggle to understand how that’s not four going to three.”
As far as T-Mobile is concerned, the worst-case scenario here is that it collects another massive breakup fee. AT&T paid out $3 billion in cash and another $1 billion or so in spectrum rights after its merger attempt fell through, and reports suggest Sprint has agreed to a $2 billion breakup fee.
Sprint is in a far worse position if the deal falls through, as the carrier continues to shed subscribers each quarter.

Unread 2014-06-18, 12:12 PM   #85
BrixDaddy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mild View Post
And everyone wants to know why sprint hasn't turned a profit in 20 years....
Yeah, because the property management group has so much to do with the crappy network.
Unread 2014-06-18, 01:17 PM   #86
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 42
Thanks (Received): 110
Likes (Given): 655
Likes (Received): 783
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 16

Quote:

You wouldn't move to Bellevue, overpriced. Issaquah isn't far and cheaper. Most people I know that work in Bellevue live east of it in/around Issaquah, or north in Redmond.
freekwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-23, 08:39 AM   #87
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Sprint is close to taking another huge step toward buying T-Mobile

It looks like Sprint is really gearing up to buy T-Mobile, whether regulators want to see it happen or not. Reuters‘ sources say that Sprint is very close to raising a $40 billion debt package from eight different banks that it will use to buy up T-Mobile, including “a bridge loan of roughly $20 billion from Japan’s Softbank Corp to Sprint.” Reuters expects that the package will be finalized within the next month, which will take Sprint another big step close to buying up the so-called “Uncarrier.”
We learned earlier this month that Sprint parent company SoftBank and T-Mobile parent company Deutsche Telekom had agreed to a deal that would see SoftBank acquire a majority stake in T-Mobile for $40 per share in a deal worth $32 billion. SoftBank has argued that it needs T-Mobile to build Sprint into a truly competitive wireless carrier, although its arguments have been greeted with skepticism by regulators so far.

Unread 2014-06-23, 12:10 PM   #88
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 260
Likes (Given): 2191
Likes (Received): 1602
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

so if this goes through, will all of the changes Tmobile made this year go away?
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-23, 12:14 PM   #89
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

No idea, still has to pass DOJ and all other hoops

Unread 2014-07-14, 08:57 AM   #90
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Agreement on Sprint, T-Mobile merger

Japan's SoftBank and Deutsche Telekom of Germany have reached a basic agreement for a merger between their US affiliates Sprint and T-Mobile US, the business daily Nikkei reports.
Eight financial institutions, including Japan's top three megabanks Mizuho, Mitsubishi UFJ and Sumitomo Mitsui, will provide a credit line of about four trillion yen ($A42.20 billion) for SoftBank's purchase of T-Mobile through Sprint, according to the report.
The combined customer base of Sprint, ranked third among US mobile phone firms, and fourth-ranked T-Mobile roughly equals those of the sector's two leaders -- top-ranked Verizon Wireless and AT&T, Nikkei said on Saturday.
The US Federal Communications Commission will examine the proposed merger from a communications policy standpoint while the Department of Justice will scrutinise it for antitrust issues.
SoftBank chief Masayoshi Son has been actively lobbying in Washington to win over regulators, who appear content to keep the market dominated by four players.
Sprint, acquired by SoftBank for $US21.6 billion in July last year, was the only one of the top four US carriers to log a net decrease in subscribers over the January-March quarter.
Having been less aggressive to invest in its wireless network, the company has not been able to shed the perception its network is slow and has poor coverage, Nikkei said.
T-Mobile, owned 67 per cent by Deutsche Telekom, enjoyed the largest net increase in subscribers over the three-month period.

Unread 2014-08-05, 06:37 PM   #91
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Sprint said to be giving up on buying T-Mobile

After months of anticipation that Sprint was nearing an agreement to purchase telecom giant T-Mobile, the company is now reportedly giving up such a deal. Citing an unnamed source, The Wall Street Journal reports that the company's "abandoned" its pursuit of Sprint, suggesting that there would have been too many regulatory issues as part of such a deal. Bloomberg, which also reports that talks between the two companies have ended, adds that Sprint will announce a new chief executive to replace Dan Hesse as soon as tomorrow.
The news comes just hours after a report from Bloomberg claiming that T-Mobile was planning to turn down a $15 billion bid from from Iliad in order to try and get a higher amount from the French telecommunications company. Iliad jumped into the competition to buy T-Mobile just last week with an all-cash bid, potentially throwing a wrench in the tentative agreement between T-Mobile parent company Deutsche Telekom and Sprint.

Developing…

Unread 2014-08-06, 09:02 AM   #92
BrixDaddy

Post Thanks / Like

Bye Bye Dan Hesse

Quote:
Sprint named Marcelo Claure, the founder of mobile-phone distributor Brightstar Corp., as its new chief executive officer, according to a statement today. Claure, 43, will replace Dan Hesse, who has led the company since 2007.
Unread 2014-08-06, 10:49 AM   #93
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 121
Likes (Given): 677
Likes (Received): 721
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 16

Yep, in comes the Softbank era.

titaniumSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-06, 08:03 PM   #94
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

T-Mobile’s John Legere directs twitter tirade at Sprint, new CEO Marcelo Claure

John Legere, the opinionated CEO of T-Mobile, unleashed a series of tweets Wednesday directed at rival Sprint.

He poked fun at Sprint and its soon-to-be CEO, Marcelo Claure, and derided Sprint’s Framily marketing plan. From the tweets, one would think that he didn’t have much hope for the possible Sprint bid to merge with T-Mobile.

You could wait to find out what the #framily is going to do, or you could go with what works - @TMobile, #uncarrier.
Pro-tip for @marceloclaure, tell people how to pronounce your name now...#leegair?

Looks like @sprint has a new #framily member...and he’s got a lot of framily therapy to do, asap. #justsayin

Join T-Mobile now and jump off the Sprint bus before it crashes! #framily #unleash

If you’re a @sprint customer, you’re in the middle of a #framilyfeud and it’s time to up and go! To @TMobile

Is Sprint a melting ice cube?....looks like it to me...join the cool brand NOW! #T-Mobile #Unleash

If you needed just one more reason to leave Sprint and join T-Mobile...Now you might just have it....total Chaos at Sprint! #sprintlikehell.

Unread 2014-08-06, 08:12 PM   #95
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 482
Likes (Given): 4078
Likes (Received): 4368
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 168

Lol
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-07, 10:10 AM   #96
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 260
Likes (Given): 2191
Likes (Received): 1602
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

love it
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-07, 10:37 AM   #97
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 207
Thanks (Received): 252
Likes (Given): 2471
Likes (Received): 1661
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47

At first, I thought TMO's CEO was kind of funny, and novel for a CEO because he spoke his mind. Anymore though, he just comes off like a twat.
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-07, 11:07 AM   #98
BrixDaddy

Post Thanks / Like

John Legere is an outspoken prick.
BrixDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-14, 06:22 PM   #99
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Sprint to introduce ‘aggressive’ pricing plans next week as new CEO attempts to shake up the industry

Ask just about anyone and it’s clear the wireless industry could use a little more shaking up. While we applaud the strides T-Mobile has made in recent months, it’s time for the nation’s other major wireless providers to take the initiative instead of simply following T-Mobile’s lead. No doubt feeling the heat of T-Mobile’s explosive customer growth, Sprint could be finally ready to make some big moves of their own.
During a company “town hall meeting,” newly appointed CEO Marcelo Claure mentioned his plan to introduce a “disruptive” new wireless plan next week. Of course, that might not sound too enticing especially if you (or someone close to you) has ever had to endure Sprint’s painfully slow network. Claure knows this, acknowledging that Sprint’s network has “fallen behind” when compared to rival networks. This is the reason he feels they first need to compete with aggressive pricing if any work is to be done overhauling their network, (unlike previous CEO Dan Hesse who saw it the other way around).
With T-Mobile closing in quick on Sprint’s #3 spot, they better do something fast. Hopefully the new change in management will be exactly what the doctor ordered.

Unread 2014-08-14, 06:31 PM   #100
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 482
Likes (Given): 4078
Likes (Received): 4368
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 168

Apparently my bill has gone to $107. So bring on your "aggressive" pricing you gouging fucks.

The fuck, this shit was $65 total not 6 months ago.

Last edited by Karlen; 2014-08-14 at 06:35 PM..
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote