Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Computers, Teh Interweb, Gaming, Electronics

Unread 2015-07-08, 08:06 PM   #126
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

T-Mobile’s next Un-Carrier AMPED announcement will be here Thursday

John Legere has confirmed (through Periscope of all places) that the next T-Mobile Un-Carrier AMPED announcement will be here Thursday. The CEO dropped the news during a run through Central Park today, where he also confirmed we’d be getting another announcement next week.
If you aren’t aware, Un-Carrier AMPED is a series of announcements for T-Mobile’s existing Un-Carrier moves. The idea is that they will make them better (hence, amped). They’ve already dished out the first bit of goods by allowing folks on T-Mobile JUMP to upgrade 3 times a year, and without having to pay a $10 monthly fee for the privilege.
Unfortunately Legere didn’t give any hints as to which Un-Carrier feature they’d be amping up, but he did say that he’d also be talking about the “noise” being dished out about other carriers. We imagine Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure’s little rant last week might be a good talking point, and we certainly won’t want to miss it if he happens to bring it up.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-07-09, 09:12 AM   #127
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

T-Mobile Uncarrier Amped 2: Talk, Text, and 4G LTE in Canada and Mexico at No Extra Cost

T-Mobile’s Uncarrier Amped is back this morning with an announcement called “Mobile without Borders.” What’s that, you ask? According to T-Mobile, their Simple Choice plans now include talk, text, and 4G LTE data without extra cost when in Mexico or Canada. This is a “first-of-its-kind” move, because US carriers tend to rob you of every last penny when you take your phone across one of this country’s borders.
So how does this all work? Well, we are diving into this as deeply as we can today to try and explain all of the quirks (if there are any), but the basics are this. Starting July 15, calls and texts to, from, and between the US, Mexico, and Canada are included in the “latest” Simple Choice plans at no extra charge. If you are already a Simple Choice customer (prepaid or postpaid), you can opt-in online, by phone, or in-store by switching over to one of the new plans that is a part of “Mobile without Borders.”
You can use 4G LTE data when in Mexico or Canada as well, with data coming straight out of your plan, not through some add-on package. At this time, you won’t be able to pull from your Data Stash when in Mexico or Canada, but T-Mobile says that you will be able to later this year.
Wondering where exactly in Canada and Mexico this will all work? Here you go. This is a list of cities/areas.
And here is T-Mobile CEO John Legere talking about it all. The video is lengthy, probably includes swearing and bad hair, and may or may not be worth a watch. It’s up to you.

Unread 2015-07-09, 01:02 PM   #128
Prolific

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 446
Thanks (Received): 103
Likes (Given): 3802
Likes (Received): 840
Dislikes (Given): 110
Dislikes (Received): 22

That's awesome. I wish they could improve their coverage a bit here in the US, but I love the corner they're forcing all of the other carriers in to.
1995 Grand Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy has a EK View Post
your just a dumb ass fuck this im done with these dumdasses!.
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-07-09, 02:40 PM   #129
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 260
Likes (Given): 2189
Likes (Received): 1601
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

Yet I have zero 4g or bars at 55th and kansas ave lol
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-07-14, 09:57 AM   #130
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

T-Mobile family plan members now get 10GB each; add a fourth line free through Labor Day

T-Mobile’s latest Un-Carrier move is a big one. The company’s popular 2 lines for $100 deal bumps LTE data allowance up to a full 10GB at no extra charge per line. The previous allowance was about 4.5GB, so you’re getting more than double without having to pay a thing.
Don’t forget that adding lines is just $20 each, and each line you add will also get their own 10GB pool of data to eat from. To celebrate the occasion T-Mobile is putting on a special deal where you can add a 4th line for free, making a 4-line family plan just $120. That deal is available through Labor Day so there’s a fair bit of time to take advantage.
Of course, the other plan features remain the same, including unlimited data, talk and text, as well as all the great Un-Carrier stuff T-Mobile has dished out to date. The data bump is applied immediately starting today, while those who want to add that fourth line for free can head to Magenta tomorrow and get that squared away.

Unread 2015-07-14, 10:26 AM   #131
ChickenFlava

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 51
Thanks (Received): 14
Likes (Given): 77
Likes (Received): 35
Dislikes (Given): 9
Dislikes (Received): 8

Holy shit. T-mobile is fucking winning. Now If they can lower my 2 phone plan from 185 to 120 That'll be great.

2016 GTI- CTDP, JB4, AFE, KW Coilovers.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes KUweatherman liked this post
ChickenFlava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-07-14, 12:43 PM   #132
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 1756
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 50

Whelp, my plan is getting changed asap.
Unread 2015-07-14, 04:38 PM   #133
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 402
Thanks (Received): 363
Likes (Given): 4962
Likes (Received): 2124
Dislikes (Given): 121
Dislikes (Received): 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenFlava View Post
Holy shit. T-mobile is fucking winning. Now If they can lower my 2 phone plan from 185 to 120 That'll be great.
$171 here. Two Jump! monthly charges plus two phone monthly payments really adds to the price, lol.
KUweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-07-14, 04:44 PM   #134
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, thought mine was bad at 140 (1 jump phone) on the bill

Unread 2015-07-14, 05:30 PM   #135
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 1756
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 50

3 of the lines have an EIP charge of 31.24

$185 total for 4 lines, I am def switching to the new plan tomorrow, should lower my bill about $20
Unread 2015-07-14, 08:17 PM   #136
rambler

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 44
Thanks (Received): 37
Likes (Given): 194
Likes (Received): 114
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 5

I've had T-Mobile for years, and I see the service and quality keep dropping, less service where we live and work then before. Now they sent my wife a letter stating her phone won't work due time changes in network and will need a new one, already had to get new phones last year to go Wi-Fi calling as coverage at home is poor.
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-07-14, 09:13 PM   #137
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler View Post
I've had T-Mobile for years, and I see the service and quality keep dropping, less service where we live and work then before. Now they sent my wife a letter stating her phone won't work due time changes in network and will need a new one, already had to get new phones last year to go Wi-Fi calling as coverage at home is poor.

I have had the exact opposite experience (things have improved etc..)

What kind of phone does she have? T-mo (along with others) just bought spectrum they are factoring in so that's pretty common to phase out old tech

Unread 2015-07-14, 10:13 PM   #138
rambler

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 44
Thanks (Received): 37
Likes (Given): 194
Likes (Received): 114
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 5

I'll have to check, but her phone is less than. A year old, we bought a prepaid phone to replace her Garmin phone she loved
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-07-28, 11:23 AM   #139
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

T-Mobile will swap your iPhone 6 for the next model at no extra cost

If you've ever had to upgrade an iPhone months after launch, you've likely felt some anxiety: you need a new device right now, but you know you'll feel buyer's remorse when the next model shows up in September. T-Mobile thinks it can set your mind at ease, however. It's launching a promo that lets you swap the iPhone 6 for its successor while locking in the $15 per month JUMP On Demand lease price -- so long as you buy the existing handset by September 7th, you just have to trade it in to upgrade. You'll also get first dibs on the next iPhone if you order it from the carrier within the first two days of availability, so you shouldn't be waiting for days simply because you ordered a few minutes too late.
You're also getting a perk that applies whether or not you care for shiny new hardware. T-Mobile now includes Apple Music as part of its Music Freedom effort, letting you stream albums and playlists on the fledgling service as much as you like without denting your monthly data cap. It's not a surprising move (virtually every significant music provider is covered at this stage), but it'll definitely make life easier if you absolutely have to listen to some T Swift during your commute.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2_7D6VedHw

Unread 2015-07-28, 01:39 PM   #140
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 689
Likes (Given): 339
Likes (Received): 3951
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

Man...I don't know if it's my 5.0.1 OS on my note 4, or t-mobile's network, but I'm getting irritated as shit with this carrier.

shows 1 bar no mobile network, then turn on airport, turn it off, will get 3 bars 4g but won't connect to nothing, then 5 minutes later, BAM 4 bar 4g LTE and i've got network again.

This seems to happen frequently, all over the place. Making me think it's my version of lollipop. (hoping)
Unread 2015-07-28, 01:44 PM   #141
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

We've been with Tmobile for 10 years, our service is shit at the new place (merriam) and I've never had service at work (55th and kansas ave) I know it's not tmobile, but lollipop 5.0 made this gs5 completely worthless. I'm hoping the 5.1 that updated yesterday fixes it. I would go from 100% battery to less than 30% after 4 hours of normal use, when I first got the phone I could go all day and still have 40% left when I got home. Tmobile is just meh to use at this point. We have considered switching at some point.
Unread 2015-07-28, 01:52 PM   #142
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Tip for lollipop: Reset the phone back to factory and go from there (total night and day difference on my Nexus 5) just got it replaced did a "fresh install" and it's a different phone from my previous one.

Service @ home? Meaning in the house? If that is the case ask for a cell repeater and see if they will send you one https://support.t-mobile.com/communi...signal-booster

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Beowulf liked this post
Unread 2015-07-28, 01:56 PM   #143
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 689
Likes (Given): 339
Likes (Received): 3951
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
Tip for lollipop: Reset the phone back to factory and go from there (total night and day difference on my Nexus 5) just got it replaced did a "fresh install" and it's a different phone from my previous one.

Service @ home? Meaning in the house? If that is the case ask for a cell repeater and see if they will send you one https://support.t-mobile.com/communi...signal-booster
Did all that...and no not at home, I seem to get good signal here...it's just all over the place. In Sacramento I showed full bars 4g and it literally would not connect to mobile network to allow me to navigate or do anything else. I had to restart the phone and then it connected. Annoying as shit.
Unread 2015-07-28, 01:57 PM   #144
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post

the only times I have issues at home is when the wifi is out of range, ie working at the far end of the back yard, or sitting directly under the a/c shit in the basement. Work I just gave up all hope of being able to use my phone during the day, unless I walk 30 feet away from the branch.

Did 5.1 not fix anything? I would love to reset the phone but I don't want to deal with setting all of my apps up again. Do these phones just get so muddled they stop working correctly? I never had issues with my previous G phones, this gs5 was great until the update.
Unread 2015-07-28, 01:58 PM   #145
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
Did all that...and no not at home, I seem to get good signal here...it's just all over the place. In Sacramento I showed full bars 4g and it literally would not connect to mobile network to allow me to navigate or do anything else. I had to restart the phone and then it connected. Annoying as shit.

i've found that opening up Gchat seems to do the same thing as restarting the phone. If I get the "not on a registered network" pop up, I just open gchat/google talk whatever it is now and I get service, well a bar or 2 if that.
Unread 2015-07-28, 02:08 PM   #146
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I think it is that area (I was up there for work years ago and the same thing happened) so it's their towers etc.. I would believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalionStallion888 View Post
the only times I have issues at home is when the wifi is out of range, ie working at the far end of the back yard, or sitting directly under the a/c shit in the basement. Work I just gave up all hope of being able to use my phone during the day, unless I walk 30 feet away from the branch.

Did 5.1 not fix anything? I would love to reset the phone but I don't want to deal with setting all of my apps up again. Do these phones just get so muddled they stop working correctly? I never had issues with my previous G phones, this gs5 was great until the update.

I have 5.1 and it helped but the biggest was starting from the beginning (also helped I have google fiber) so the downloading etc.. went really fast

I stopped using Samsung phones due to their overlays, I can't do it..look at unlocked/vanilla Android phones when I am upgrading (Ie: OnePlus2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalionStallion888 View Post
i've found that opening up Gchat seems to do the same thing as restarting the phone. If I get the "not on a registered network" pop up, I just open gchat/google talk whatever it is now and I get service, well a bar or 2 if that.

That's odd

Unread 2015-07-28, 03:27 PM   #147
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 481
Likes (Given): 4077
Likes (Received): 4362
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 166

Quote:
Man...I don't know if it's my 5.0.1 OS on my note 4, or t-mobile's network, but I'm getting irritated as shit with this carrier.

shows 1 bar no mobile network, then turn on airport, turn it off, will get 3 bars 4g but won't connect to nothing, then 5 minutes later, BAM 4 bar 4g LTE and i've got network again.

This seems to happen frequently, all over the place. Making me think it's my version of lollipop. (hoping)
My 2013 Moto X is doing exactly this on Sprint and I'm going fucking nuts.
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-08-04, 05:37 PM   #148
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

T-Mobile officially passes Sprint to become third-largest US carrier

Sprint drops to last place among the major US carriers

Share on Facebook (2,844) Tweet (414) Share (39) Pin
It's a good day to be John Legere. Sprint's latest earnings report has revealed that the company has officially fallen behind T-Mobile US in total subscriber count and now sits last among major US carriers. The latest figures show Sprint with a total of 57 million customers and T-Mobile with 58.9 million. Whereas T-Mobile experienced another surging quarter that brought in 2 million new customers, Sprint added only 675,000. Earlier this year, Legere claimed that T-Mobile had already surpassed Sprint, but now the numbers back up the switch no matter how you look at them.
The drop to fourth place is undoubtedly embarrassing for Sprint (and likely to produce plenty of John Legere smack talk), but Sprint's performance this quarter was actually somewhat encouraging. It's managed to — for now — stem the bleeding of smartphone customers who've fled for rival carriers in recent years; Sprint lost only 12,000 postpaid subscribers versus the 620,000 that bailed in this quarter last year.
The company is also pointing to a record low churn rate of 1.56 percent as another good sign and evidence that its new David Beckham-led advertising campaign and attractive rate plans may be turning things around. As noted by Recode, Sprint has hired a new CFO and COO to serve under CEO Marcelo Claure, who was installed as chief executive after Softbank's purchase of the company.
"Over the past year, Sprint has made meaningful progress in our turnaround by improving our network performance and enhancing our overall value proposition," Claure said in a statement today. He and T-Mobile CEO Legere frequently exchange barbs on Twitter, with a prime example occurring earlier this month when Claure slammed T-Mobile's Uncarrier movement as "bullshit." Despite Sprint's progress in holding onto customers, today's numbers will be seen as a big win for that Uncarrier effort — even if Claure insists a turnaround is happening.

Unread 2015-08-04, 06:39 PM   #149
Rob

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 168
Thanks (Received): 147
Likes (Given): 826
Likes (Received): 848
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 23

5 lines on Verizon here for $205 per month, 10gb of share data, 4 iPhones and 1 iPad

I'll keep my good coverage
Unread 2015-08-04, 06:56 PM   #150
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 481
Likes (Given): 4077
Likes (Received): 4362
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 166

10gb of share data isn't shit bro
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote