Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Computers, Teh Interweb, Gaming, Electronics

Unread 2012-04-10, 03:17 PM   #126
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

FUCK! YES!

Unread 2012-04-10, 03:29 PM   #127
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 1756
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 50

zomg inorite?
Unread 2012-04-10, 03:32 PM   #128
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe ill play my Mara again for more than just a few minutes to log in, check AH and maybe run a quick BT for the daily and weekly

ILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO UTILIZE MY 400lvl CREW SKILLS IN AN EFFECTIVE WAY!!!!! *supposedly*
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-04-10, 05:17 PM   #129
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.

Post Thanks / Like

lol. 250k for a full set of level 50 gear? GEAR ALL THE ALTS!
Unread 2012-04-10, 05:27 PM   #130
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

And companions too....3 of mine are in cent/columi gear anyways so it will just be suiting up the others and getting them all with the right shit completely.

Will help with soloing dailies quicker im sure.
Unread 2012-04-10, 10:40 PM   #131
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 121
Likes (Given): 677
Likes (Received): 721
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 16

Woooohoo! Right time to hit 50. I've been 50 since late late Sunday night/Monday morning. Grinding the shit out of warzones.

titaniumSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-04-12, 05:03 PM   #132
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Lost Island is pretty damn good imo.

They finally got some fun boss mechanics, and shit, even some of the trash fights have good mechanics to them.

Took us a few tries to figure out the big fucker on the pedestal that flings you out into the lava, but we got it. The last boss we got all the way to his 3rd phase and wiped on a stupid mistake but then got him down the next try.

Eager to see what its like on HM though.
Unread 2012-04-12, 09:27 PM   #133
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Taking out the World Bosses for the speeder quest...

Im under Gargath in this SS.

Unread 2012-04-13, 01:00 AM   #134
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what you fuckers did tonight. I was out at a show getting awesome with some friends.

Unread 2012-04-17, 01:48 PM   #135
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Tyler, have you been doing the world event? Or are you too busy with pandas?

I got 9/9 today and got my Containment Officer title. Also got both rakling pets (quest and dna samples) as well as got another green-black crystal to go in my crit crafted new lightsaber. w00t!
Unread 2012-04-20, 06:02 PM   #136
aznguyen316

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 50
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 0

Tera open beta this weekend. Think I'll try it out.
Unread 2012-04-25, 05:04 AM   #137
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am getting pretty tired of SWTOR already. I know it's early and improvements need to happen but it's impossible to gear up at this point in pvp. It's a pve oriented game and that's not really what I'm about. I think I'll take WoW's offer for a free 80 character and a week of free game time and head back there for my pvp needs. I get obliterated by war hero players everyday, and haven't gotten a daily pvp mission done in like a week. No thanks Bioware.

Unread 2012-04-25, 05:44 AM   #138
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah their scaling is way off for pvp. They didnt balance anything they just scaled things and it just made fights quicker. You either get your crits off and destroy someone in 2-3 seconds or get destroyed just as quick. The maps are fun and so are the objectives. The fighting is just so out of whack.

It really isnt about each class needing to be balanced either. There will always be classes that do certain things better than others in any mmo. This isnt about that though.

I stick mainly with pve though and really like what they are doing on that front.
Unread 2012-04-25, 06:04 AM   #139
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. It's just since I don't have the consistency in my schedule, I love just doing pvp here and there. It's something I don't have to be on at a certain time for. I've been watching some videos and this one actually sums it up pretty well. Not a huge fan of sacredheals but he conveys my feelings pretty well.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnKYF_ZZQDE

Unread 2012-04-25, 06:32 AM   #140
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Ive seen that video on youtube before and it just annoys me. Those arent the reasons i dislike PVP in SWTOR, though i must admit, i get so annoyed with that guy that i cant watch the whole video.

The knockback and stuns thing doesnt bother me at all. He gets annoyed with not being able to just walk to the goal, ummm thats what strategy is for. I think that is a good thing to have knockbacks. Then again, as a Marauder i dont have one. I have a couple of stuns though. Which is another point I disagree with, he says stuns arent unique because everyone has one. That might be true, but the way each classes stun works and the way they can be utilized are unique in most cases.

My problem with PVP is that there are SOOOOO many people that are just terribad. There are also a lot of good teams that group together all the time, this causes people without good teams that are just casual PVPers (like me and you who have to PUG them all the time due to schedule) to not get many wins.

PVP in SWTOR seems like its for the hardcore, which im actually fine with, i just wont PVP much until my schedule allows me to be more hardcore with it. That is on my Mara though, my Assassin tank is actually still pretty fun to fuck with now and then with the ability to pull people to the fire and sprint with the ball to the goal.

My mara however is just good at DPSing people down in an instant, sure a lot of people bitch like crazy about how OP maras are now, but imo they arent. That is just their role in the game, to have crazy DPS. It can be countered though very easily. Its VERY hard for me to go 2 on 1 against any sort of healer+anything combo. 1v1 though or when im not being focused i can do a lot of damage really quick, usually 8-10k in just 4 seconds then another 8-10k in another 5-7 seconds which will finish most people off. That is a quick fight.

It seems the devs are stuggling with a balance between wanting to make things fast paced and hectic and making things strategy based. They have made some good changes, and seeing as we are only at 1.2.1 right now, i think there are a LOT more changes to come.

I really wish people would stop comparing it to WoW too. Maybe if they were comparing it to WoW 1.2.1 then ok, but they arent. They are trying to compare a game thats been out for 4 months to a game that has been out for 7.5 YEARS and is on version 4.3

I think SWTOR is getting some great stuff into the PVE though and there is SOOOO many places they can go on that side. The new OPS and FP are awesome and have some great fight mechanics and they even changed their MO and added new fight mechanics for HM instead of just increased HP and an enrage.

Speaking of WoW though, whats the value of an 85 well geared Pally?
Unread 2012-04-25, 06:40 AM   #141
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's hilarious to point out the keyboard turners in pvp with my friend whom I am leveling with currently. It just irritates me when I can't even get full battlemaster because of baddies on my team that prevent that. I think the diminishing returns/resolve system needs a huge overhaul or something though since I can be stun locked for 5+ seconds and be killed within that amount of time. The damage is insane.

I've actually been pvp'ing with some of the guys in Prototype on our server and they're pretty good but still with 4/8 people working together, it's still tough to beat the Open Rebellion teams and shit who are war hero geared.

And there isn't much value in an 85 pally and honestly, you'd have to be pretty on top of things if you were selling the toon because new gear has been out for a bit.

All in all, I think the pve aspect of SWTOR is great but the pvp leaves a lot to be desired. One thing that was in that video was how people are comparing it to WoW. I kind of agree with him because WoW has been out awhile, so they've been able to perfect it. Then again, SWTOR just came out, but they can see what people have liked about the other mmo games and implement it into their game. It's just very irritating when I can't even gear a character because the matches in pvp are impossible to win. And I'm no scrub with my toon either.

Unread 2012-04-25, 07:22 AM   #142
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i know you arent, and neither am i. But a healer or a straight dps cant win a game on their own.

Especially against a powerhouse like OR. God they are ridiculous. Full on War Hero teams within a few days of 1.2

Do you work Friday night? Would be good to get you in a raid with us.
Unread 2012-04-25, 07:36 AM   #143
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like

I don't work Friday, so that would be fine. I'll probably hang out in vent so I know when to get on, because I may be on WoW instead with my friend.

Unread 2012-04-25, 11:49 AM   #144
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.

Post Thanks / Like

Join a Renegade Soldiers premade: profit?

I don't pvp much, as it's not very fun for my power tech tank and i don't wanna respec dps all the time.

I'm leveling a Jugg for PVP.

I can help carry you guys in PVE if you wanna help gear my GF's Merc healer when she's 50.

I'm 4/4 EC Hardmode, full rakata and some Campaign gear.
Unread 2012-04-25, 11:56 AM   #145
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

I wish i was on when you were. I would help her out no problem and take you up on that offer.

Yeah, RS is good usually in PVP, I like when i can get in with a group of 4 of them, it lets me focus on my role as a mara. Though there have been times where my PUG has taken out some RS premades in huttball and it made me giggle.

I like the guild im in, they are fun people, but more casual than id like for PVE. We only raid one night a week so its whatever ops that they decide to run and thats all i get usually.

Hopefully this week we run EC.
Unread 2012-04-25, 12:00 PM   #146
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.

Post Thanks / Like

I like that the new content is very challenging. However, I don't like raiding constantly.

the big thing I liked about joining RS was that we cleared everything in 1 night. ;(

What are the exact hours you are usually on, brobama

Last edited by offensive; 2012-04-25 at 12:03 PM..
offensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-04-25, 12:00 PM   #147
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like

I've even had some RS premades with my Prototype friends premades (since you can only queue with a group of 4), and we still get beaten. Also, I'm pretty sure they have me on a kill list. Every time I'm seen, even while pillar humping, they focus me down. And all that really takes is a melee to stun/snare me and a ranged to focus on me for 4 seconds. I will say though, pve is very balanced in this game.

Edit: oh, and I was thinking of joining RS just for the pvp. Sad thing is, I don't think they would even want me due to the lack of gear I have.

Unread 2012-04-25, 12:06 PM   #148
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumSS View Post
I've even had some RS premades with my Prototype friends premades (since you can only queue with a group of 4), and we still get beaten. Also, I'm pretty sure they have me on a kill list. Every time I'm seen, even while pillar humping, they focus me down. And all that really takes is a melee to stun/snare me and a ranged to focus on me for 4 seconds. I will say though, pve is very balanced in this game.

Edit: oh, and I was thinking of joining RS just for the pvp. Sad thing is, I don't think they would even want me due to the lack of gear I have.
OR smugglers eat me up bad. And some of the others i used to mess with and talk to on Ilum CA like to gang up on me just for fun.

I do the same to the ones that i know though, so its fair i guess. They really are a damn good guild in PVP, no clue what they are like for PVE but id bet they are just as good. A couple of them have told me to join OR if i make a pub toon, i just havnt had the desire to level a 3rd toon right now.

The new content is awesome imo for just what you said tyler, they actually made it a challenge more so than just having mobs with ridiculous HP. Shows me they will strive to come up with even better FP and OPS in the future.

as for your edit: they are always looking for healers, and with gear you would jump up their list of good healers. i like dagan a lot, but felt more comfortable in the FPs i did with you over the ones i did with her.
Unread 2012-04-25, 12:27 PM   #149
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
OR smugglers eat me up bad. And some of the others i used to mess with and talk to on Ilum CA like to gang up on me just for fun.

I do the same to the ones that i know though, so its fair i guess. They really are a damn good guild in PVP, no clue what they are like for PVE but id bet they are just as good. A couple of them have told me to join OR if i make a pub toon, i just havnt had the desire to level a 3rd toon right now.

The new content is awesome imo for just what you said tyler, they actually made it a challenge more so than just having mobs with ridiculous HP. Shows me they will strive to come up with even better FP and OPS in the future.

as for your edit: they are always looking for healers, and with gear you would jump up their list of good healers. i like dagan a lot, but felt more comfortable in the FPs i did with you over the ones i did with her.
Yeah, they definitely are extremely good in pvp. Wai-so-dim eats my shit up.

The problem is the with gear part. In WoW, you can grind out gear pretty quickly even with shitty teams. I like the aspect that pvp is very team oriented in this game but that also hinders it when gearing up against teams that are already geared. In WoW, you can basically queue up with 4 other people and rock faces pretty well enough to carry the game. And yeah, I've had some late night conversations with dagan about sorc healing. She took some advice I gave and can understand the new changes to the class after 1.2 (that neither of us liked), but she'll get better. I also think it's actually somewhat easier to heal in my 4 set pvp gear in pve now due to our ability that steals hp in order to give us more force. With 4 set pvp gear we don't lose our force regeneration like we do without the buff. It's a weird concept that still needs some tweeking but that is one of the many changes I feel can be made to make the game a tad better. If I keep leveling my marauder I may switch from annihilation to carnage as well. Seems to perhaps be a little stronger for leveling and pvp, even though I'm 95% of the time top damage in warzones as annihilation.

Unread 2012-04-25, 12:28 PM   #150
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.

Post Thanks / Like

our healers fucking disappear non stop, our pvpers are desperate for healers. Also pve.