Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Bureau of Alcohol and Tobacco

Unread 2015-12-23, 04:37 PM   #26
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 689
Likes (Given): 341
Likes (Received): 3959
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
To add to that, the AB distributors are not owned by AB. They are independent businesses, hence the need for AB to have to incentivize them vs just laying down the law.

They are here to make money.

My AB distributor in KCK brings in anything we want. They sell us more non-AB products than they do AB products, and have never tried to be pushy or muscle us in any way as what we bring in sells, and they make money off of those sales.
If you can get anything you want, will you do me a solid and find a way to bring in some lost abbey track #8?

I'll love you forever.
Unread 2015-12-23, 04:45 PM   #27
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 453
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3870
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
If you can get anything you want, will you do me a solid and find a way to bring in some lost abbey track #8?

I'll love you forever.

Well I will see what can be done.

We are currently doing our beer review for '16. I'm not familiar with that one and have not had it.

If it is brought into the US currently then it can be had. Just have to ask one of our distributors to apply for the license in this state.
Unread 2015-12-23, 04:48 PM   #28
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 689
Likes (Given): 341
Likes (Received): 3959
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Well I will see what can be done.

We are currently doing our beer review for '16. I'm not familiar with that one and have not had it.

If it is brought into the US currently then it can be had. Just have to ask one of our distributors to apply for the license in this state.
It's a bottle only beer and The Lost Abbey doesn't have distribution rights to KS, so it's really just a pipe dream....they make outstanding...and I mean outstanding beer though.

Track #8 is the best beer I've had to date.

Here's a review in which I had the same reaction in my head, amplified by 10.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN_6ghvp4XI
Unread 2015-12-23, 11:43 PM   #29
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Breckenridge Brewery president: I had to sell

Breckenridge Brewery officials, while rushing to assure fans that their beers will not change under their new ownership, also said in an interview that they had their backs against the wall and needed to find a new partner just as Anheuser-Busch InBev came inquiring about them.

AB-InBev announced Tuesday that it’s struck a deal to acquire the Littleton craft brewery known for brands like Avalanche Ale and Vanilla Porter and expects to close the deal in the first quarter of 2016. Financial terms were not disclosed, but Belgium-based AB-InBev will take control of Breckenridge’s new $36 million production facility and the company’s original pub in the town of Breckenridge, while Breckenridge-Wynkoop Holdings Inc. will continue to operate five restaurants in the state as well as Wynkoop Brewing of Denver and Phantom Canyon Brewing of Colorado Springs.
[IMG]http://media.bizj.us/view/img/8053752/j-todd-usry-breckenridge-brewery*750xx1125-1500-38-0.jpg[/IMG] Enlarge

Todd Usry, Breckenridge Brewery president
Courtesy of Breckenridge Brewery

Breckenridge Brewery President Todd Usry, who oversaw the construction of the new farmhouse brewery in Littleton for two years before its May opening, said that shortly after its completion, his partners from the four-year-old Breckenridge-Wynkoop joint venture approached him and said they were not interested in overseeing a company as large as Breckenridge was becoming. The brewery is the 50th-largest craft brewery in the U.S., distributed in 35 states, and can double its production capacity immediately with the new facility.
Sponsored by

After an initial burst of anger, Usry said he worked with those partners to bring on First Beverage Group to see if there were parties interested in acquiring the brewery. And after 25 years in the craft-brewing business, he admitted that he was not excited when The High End — AB-InBev’s division for imported and craft-style beers — came in to talk about a deal.

But Usry said that officials won him over by emphasizing that they were not looking to change any recipes, replace any leaders or to alter the way the brewery operates. Instead, they wanted to take the brewery that has gained a significant following, add it to a portfolio of six other former craft breweries that they have acquired and prime it for further expansion.

“A big motivator for me [in finding a new owner] was that, one, I was out-voted and two, we have a responsibility for our shareholder group,” Usry said. “I crossed my arms, did my posturing, gave them my best pissed-off face and listened to what they were interested in ... I was shocked. They weren’t interested in messing with what we do. It wasn’t immediate, but I aligned with their vision.”

In addition to providing stable finances, the acquisition will allow Breckenridge to tap into a nationwide distribution network, even though it plans to focus its immediate expansion on growing the number of its accounts within existing markets, said George O’Neill, sales and marketing director. It also will give it a boost with bar and retail-store accounts as the number of breweries nationally has passed 4,000 and more and more struggle to grab attention of beer purveyors, he said.

Usry is aware, however, that he will have to do work to maintain the craft-beer drinkers who have been his customers but who are known to turn their backs on breweries scooped up by an international giant like AB-InBev. And that, he said, is something he will work to do in the coming months by continuing to make the same core beers that they’ve come to love and by continuing to innovate in ways that big breweries might not. For example, Breckenridge will continue with plans to launch a line of nitrogenated beers, including Vanilla Porter and its Lucky U IPA, in cans during the first quarter of next year.

“There’s probably no more opinionated group of individuals than beer geeks. I know there will be some backlash and some haters,” Usry said. “My goal is to prove them wrong and to utilize this partnership to grow and better Breckenridge Brewery ... My message to these people is ‘Come see me in six months. It’s going to stay Breckenridge and it’s going to get better.'”

As for Breckenridge-Wynkoop Holdings, it will continue to manage its five restaurants and two breweries and will continue to use and promote the Breckenridge names, said president Ed Cerkovnik, one of the partners who was looking to move in a different direction after the opening of the farmhouse brewery.

While he does not plan any major growth for Wynkoop or Phantom Canyon, he said he wants to put some of the resources acquired in the sale of Breckenridge Brewery toward restaurants like Cherry Cricket or Amato’s, putting them in better position to compete against the growing number of eateries opening in the Denver area.
“Denver is, I think, moving to the forefront of the national food and beverage scene,” Cerkovnik said. “We feel strongly that we want to compete in that arena.”

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote