Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2011-02-15, 08:36 PM   #1
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Default The Terminator's Past and Future

After last year’s intense bidding war over the rights, plus the recent announcement that Arnold Schwarzenegger is getting back into acting, Deadline is now reporting that Hollywood is once again seriously interested in the Terminator franchise. Leading the charge, apparently, is Universal who would reportedly like to pair Fast Five director Justin Lin and screenwriter Chris Morgan with the world first created by James Cameron. Lin and Morgan raked in the dough for the studio with Fast and Furious and Morgan additionally wrote both Wanted and the upcoming 47 Ronin for them. It seems like Universal is very happy with Fast Five and would like to keep the pair around. Going cyborg might do the trick. Read more after the break.
Deadline’s story really doesn’t have much else in the form of hard information. There’s no guarantee that Schwarzenegger would return, Lin has a commitment to Summit to direct the new Highlander and the franchise doesn’t even have a deal in place with a distributor. So all of this, if it even happens, is pretty far out. But for Terminator fans, it’s encouraging just to know that the franchise is still being discussed around Hollywood board rooms. Also, don’t forget that producer Gale Anne Hurd has said on the record that she’d like to come back to the franchise.
The story also reminds us that uncredited co-founder of Terminator, William Wisher, has treatments already in place for films that continue the story McG’s Terminator Salvation already began. So there’s a chance that, if Universal or another studio locks down some kind of deal, they might just use one of those as the basis of the film. Here’s how Deadline describes those treatments:
His version continued the post-apocalyptic battleground scenario from Terminator Salvation, but added in the element of time travel. There was a reunion for Sarah Conner and Kyle Reese beyond their brief encounter in the original, and a role for Schwarzenegger in the finale. There were also plenty of hi-tech killers, including a swarm of “Night Crawlers,” 4 1/2-foot tall border sentries that are set like mines to spring up out of the ground and ambush rebel fighters with 10 MM pistols built into their wrists, and fingers and feet that are razor sharp. Also fresh off the Skynet assembly line in Wisher’s version are new shape-shifting cyborgs that can morph together in Transformers-like mode, and are more lethal than anything seen in previous Terminator installments. The blueprint also set out a resolution in mankind’s struggle with Skynet.
That sounds like it works. Do you want to see that version of Terminator, a Justin Lin directed Terminator or no new Terminators at all?

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4

Last edited by JDLM; 2018-03-05 at 03:45 PM..
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-02-15, 09:04 PM   #2
ctprelude

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 166
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 9

Hopefully it continues on from Salvation and includes Bale as Connor. And really I would prefer Arnold stay out of it.
Unread 2011-02-15, 09:10 PM   #3
QwikSHO

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 63
Likes (Received): 270
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 5

Where's my Terminator fan friend on here?

I am possibly one of the biggest Terminator franchise fans you'll ever meet.
QwikSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-08-11, 08:45 PM   #4
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Justin Lin Talks Terminator 5 with James Cameron and Arnold Schwarzenegger

The director of the hit movie Fast Five reveals that he has had preliminary talks with James Cameron and Arnold.

Terminator meeting
“ ‘Terminator’ is something I’ve been having a lot of fun with. Just even this week, I had a great meeting with Arnold and James Cameron, just sitting down unofficially. And James is so gracious because he’s not part of the project, he’s not going to be producing, but it was great of him just as a filmmaker to take time out to just talk.”

“I don’t know where it’s going to lead, but I never thought at this level I’m going to be able to meet filmmakers and be in situations where they’re that gracious and insightful and so inclusive. And that’s a franchise that I’m working on right now, but again, if I’m going to be kind of the gatekeeper to it, I want to make sure that I can hopefully build it up the right way – and so far that’s been the most fun. Just to be able to take James Cameron’s brain and for him to be so open even though he has no stakes in it, just as a human being, that’s something that I will always remember as a part of my journey as a filmmaker.”
Justin Lin is impressing me early with his vision for this sequel. In the last few weeks we've heard from the director that he'd like to bring back Sarah Connor. Basically correcting a fatal error in the series. He brought up a very good point when he told moviefone a month ago,"I mean, I’ve always been surprised how, in part 3, she was just like... It was like one line and she was gone." Seriously, how do you swerve so far from the bread and butter of the franchise? For me the first two films were much better then the last two because of Sarah Connor. The transformation of Linda Hamilton's character from a meek contemporary female in distress into a badass G.I. Jane gal with deep mental scars was delicious to watch. She really need a more fitting conclusion to her character and hopefully Lin can provide that.

If Arnold is comebacking to the franchise they will have to break out the de-aging technology. Let me put this out there. Maybe they could have Arnold play a human that Skynet modeled their terminator after. That could work.

Why he passed on Die Hard 5?
“For many of the projects, I feel very privileged, but I just know it wasn’t the right situation. And the first ‘Die Hard’ changed me as a kid when I watched it. But ‘Die Hard 5’ is just not something that I’m going to do, or I’m interested in.”
“Fast Five” arrives on DVD and BluRay on October 4th.

Unread 2012-01-26, 01:22 PM   #5
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

R-Rating For TERMINATOR 5 Confirmed

Despite concerns over the next Terminator installment being rated PG-13 (like the previous film), Annapurna Pictures owner Megan Ellison has confirmed that the film will indeed be rated R.

It's been a while since we've heard anything official about the next Terminator film, which would have Arnold Schwarzenegger reprising his role as the title character. But now, Megan Ellison - owner of Annapurna Pictures, which currently own the rights for the film - has answered a question from fansite The Terminator Fans regarding the rating of the film, confirming that it'll be an R-rated film. Various concerns have been made over the idea of another Terminator film being PG-13 after Salvation (the worries especially increased after The Expendables 2 was confirmed to be PG-13), but now those worries can be laid to rest.
TheTerminatorFans.com : @meganeellison We hope you can bring this franchise back from the brink of PG-13 HELL!

Megan Ellison : @terminatorfans We can't really tell you guys anything about Terminator BUT it will be an R rated film as God and James Cameron intended.
The film currently has no director (Justin Lin backed out a couple months ago to focus on Fast & Furious 6), and the rights are said to be reverting back to James Cameron in 2018. Share your thoughts below in the usual place.

Unread 2013-06-11, 10:07 PM   #6
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

TERMINATOR Distribution Rights Head To Paramount; Producers Now Attached

Despite Arnold Schwarzenegger's recent claims that work is still moving ahead on a fifth instalment of the Terminator franchise, it's been a long time since we heard anything concrete. Well, it is now being reported that Paramount want the rights and that two well-known producers are attached.

The Wrap reports that Paramount Pictures are now in negotiations to acquire the rights to distrubite the highly anticipated fifth instalment of the Terminator franchise. Laeta Kalogridis (Avatar) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) were hired to pen the screenplay back in January, although plans for Justin Lin to direct fell apart before that due to his commitments to Fast & Furious 6 (he was said to still be open to working on the project and is now free after deciding not to return for the next part of that franchise). What we DO know however is that Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures and David Ellison's Skydance Productions will produce the film and that it is hoped that production can begin as early as next year. How excited are you guys for this movie?

Unread 2013-06-20, 05:25 PM   #7
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson May Star In TERMINATOR 5; Will The Movie Be Set In The 1950s?

Actor and former WWE champion Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is apparently in talks to join the cast of Terminator 5. However, most interesting is the fact that it is believed that Arnold Schwarzenegger will play a human character in a movie which will see Skynet attempting to kill Sarah Connor's parents.

Annapurna Films hold the rights to the Terminator franchise and Paramount recently brokered a deal with them to distribute the long talked about fifth instalment of the franchise. It now appears as if we're finally getting some news about the project, as Examiner reports that the screenplay is being written specifically with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in mind to play the villainous 'Terminator' in the movie. This perhaps shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, especially as the wrestler and actor has helped to make franchises like Fast & Furious and G.I. Joe huge commercial hits. The site also reveals the following about the planned direction of Terminator 5.

A source close to the project says one idea being considered for the film could throw fans of the Terminator franchise for a loop. According to the scenario outlined, T5 may be a prequel set in the days of Sarah Connor's parents, marking the first time terminators have been sent back in time to kill a character that existed before both John and Sarah Connor.

Incredibly, Schwarzenegger may not play the role of a machine in the next film, but a potentially heroic human figure in or close to the Connor family. One theory is that Schwarzenegger's remarkable ability to protect the Connor family in the 1940s or 1950s with antiquated weaponry by today's standards ultimately inspired the machines to develop a terminator in his likeness that was eventually sent to 1984 when Sarah Connor was first targeted for termination.

R

Unread 2013-06-23, 06:50 PM   #8
QwikSHO

Post Thanks / Like

oh for Christ sakes, really?

Why can't they just set it in the future, so we can see how they started time traveling?
Unread 2013-06-23, 07:40 PM   #9
djquik1

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 80
Thanks (Received): 58
Likes (Given): 544
Likes (Received): 323
Dislikes (Given): 21
Dislikes (Received): 15

I actually liked the direction Salvation was going, I agree we need to have more futuristic Terminator movies. If not we are just adding special effects and re telling the first movie again.
Unread 2013-06-24, 09:12 AM   #10
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 261
Likes (Given): 2195
Likes (Received): 1605
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

God Damn the Rock is everywhere.
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-06-24, 09:18 AM   #11
djquik1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalionStallion888 View Post
God Damn the Rock is everywhere.

He is, but surprisingly he is not bad as a action actor, guess it shows that proffessional wrestling is partly an acting job as a few of them transistion easily onto the big screen
djquik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-06-24, 09:41 AM   #12
rambler

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 44
Thanks (Received): 37
Likes (Given): 194
Likes (Received): 116
Dislikes (Given): 4

I do enjoy "The Rock" movies,, I think he is pretty talented.. but maybe they can squeeze in...

Last edited by rambler; 2013-06-24 at 09:44 AM..
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-06-24, 09:52 AM   #13
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Oh don't get my wrong, I love the Rock movies. I just hope he doesn't oversaturate himself by doing so many movies.
Unread 2013-06-24, 10:17 AM   #14
icemangsr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 74
Thanks (Received): 68
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 426
Dislikes (Received): 10

Thing with Rock is, He's not just doing action movies, he's maknig movies he finds interesting/fun. And he's not beyond making a complete jackass of himself. I think that's partly why he's doing so well. He is wildly talented, and can make a family friendly movie just as much of a draw as a huge budget action film. He makes $ for studios, and entertains just about everyone. I think it'd be interesting, but I do agree, they need to stop with the past shit already, and show us the post takeover craziness, maybe even the full scale war, time travel, etc.

icemangsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-06-24, 01:04 PM   #15
QwikSHO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by djquik1 View Post
I actually liked the direction Salvation was going, I agree we need to have more futuristic Terminator movies. If not we are just adding special effects and re telling the first movie again.
Exactly. We've already seen the "go back in time to kill ______ before they're born."

Sounds like they're just taking the easy way out, cost-wise. Futuristic sets and CGI would cost too much.
Unread 2013-06-27, 06:35 PM   #16
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Fifth ‘Terminator’ Kicks Off Rebooted, Stand Alone Trilogy on June 26, 2015

Paramount, Skydance and Annapurna Pictures have just announced that Terminator 5, potentially starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, will be released June 26, 2015. It’s being framed as the first film in a new trilogy.
The press release refers to the film as a “reboot” and says the trilogy will “standalone” from the first four films. That suggests, unlike what we’d heard in the past, this new film won’t be in the same timeline as the James Cameron classics, or less classic Jonathan Mostow and McG films.
No director is yet attached, but Laeta Kalorgridisand Patrick Lussier are writing the screenplay.
Here’s the press release from Deadline:
Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted “TERMINATOR” movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.
The first in a stand-alone trilogy, “TERMINATOR” will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis (“Avatar,” “Shutter Island”) and Patrick Lussier (“Drive Angry”) are attached to write the screenplay.
Launched in 1984 with star Arnold Schwarzenegger as the title character, “TERMINATOR” spanned 3 subsequent films, which have earned over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.
David Ellison most recently executive produced, along with his partners at Paramount, “World War Z,” “Star Trek Into Darkness,” “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” and “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol”. A 5th installment of in the “Mission: Impossible” franchise is in active development, along with a 3rd film in the “G.I. Joe” franchise, among other films.
Megan Ellison most recently produced the Academy Award®-nominated “Zero Dark Thirty,” “The Master” and executive produced “Spring Breakers” via her Annapurna Pictures banner and has David O. Russell’s “American Hustle,” Spike Jonze’s “Her,” and Bennett Miller’s “Foxcatcher” set for release later this year.
Also of note in that press release is the absence of Schwarzenegger’s name in relation to this new film. That likely means he hasn’t signed yet, but it could also mean he’s not going to be part of the film. If this really is a total reboot, it would probably be wise to create a new icon instead of relying on an old one.
But would audiences really want to see not one, but three, new Terminator movies without some connection to the T-800, John Connor, Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese? That largely depends on the director chosen, the actors cast and how far they go with these new films.
Lots to digest here and we’re only at the beginning of the story. What are your thoughts on this new Terminator?

Unread 2013-06-27, 10:22 PM   #17
djquik1

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like a flop in the making
Unread 2013-06-27, 10:34 PM   #18
QwikSHO

Post Thanks / Like

They're so fucking stupid.

Fuck you Hollywood. Way to tarnish one of my favorite film franchises.
Unread 2013-06-28, 11:12 AM   #19
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

why are they remaking this? ugh
Unread 2013-09-05, 05:28 PM   #20
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

‘Thor: The Dark World’ Director Alan Taylor To Direct Fifth ‘Terminator’

He went from Westeros to the Nine Realms and now Game of Thrones and Thor: The Dark World director Alan Taylor is going past Judgement Day. He’s just signed on to direct the new, rebooted fifth Terminator film, which is set for a June 26, 2015 release. He reportedly beat out Ang Lee, Rian Johnson and Denis Villeneuve.
Variety broke the news of the deal.
Back in June, Paramount revealed the film would “reboot” the franchise and start a new trilogy. Also, this trilogy would “stand alone” from the first four films. All that suggests, unlike what we’d heard in the past, this new film won’t be in the same timeline as the James Cameron classics, or the less classic Jonathan Mostow and McG films. However, we don’t know for sure how that’s all going to work out.
The screenplay was written by Laeta Kalorgridis and Patrick Lussier and though Arnold Schwarzenegger has continually said he’ll be in the film, there’s still no concrete information from the studio.
Hiring Taylor should get that ball rolling, however. With a release date in place, he’ll have to move from Thor (which is out in November) straight over to the world of time travel, endoskeletons and the Conners. This also bodes quite well for Thor: The Dark World, in that Paramount wouldn’t hand over the keys to potentially their biggest new franchise without assurance he could deliver the goods.

What do you think about Taylor director the new Terminator film?

Unread 2013-09-09, 07:59 PM   #21
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

RUMOR: Linda Hamilton And Michael Biehn Also Set To Return For TERMINATOR 5?

While the source itself is questionable, a new report claims that original Terminator stars Linda Hamilton (Sarah Connor) and Michael Biehn (Kyle Reese) will return alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger for the Alan Taylor helmed Terminator 5. It IS supposed to be a reboot, right?!

The fifth instalment in the Terminator franchise is set to be directed by Thor: The Dark World's Alan Taylor, and it's thought that it will be a reboot of sorts, kicking off a new standalone trilogy of movies. Arnold Schwarzenegger has said numerous times that he's planning on returning, despite the fact that it makes little to no sense how the 66 year old actor could possibly reprise the role of The Terminator (which has also led to reports that the movie will be set in the 1950s, with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson taking on a lead role). Either way, The Mirror now claims that Schwarzenegger will be paid $20 million to return, while Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn will join him. Try getting your head around THAT, continuity buffs! Anyway, while it's best to take this report with a gigantic pinch of sale for the time being, it certainly leads to some interesting possibilities. Their sources apparently tell them that, "Paramount have hired Taylor because of the way he mixes extreme action with dynamic story telling. While these movies are are about action, their success has been down to the exchanges between the robot and men." What do you guys think?

Unread 2013-09-09, 08:53 PM   #22
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26

A reboot to a series that hasn't even really told the whole story yet??? I guess after the piece of shit that was Salvation, they just decided to scrap the whole thing. What a shame.
Unread 2013-09-16, 05:51 PM   #23
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Release Date Of Alan Taylor's TERMINATOR Reboot Pushed Back

Originally set for release on June 26th, 2015, Alan Taylor's (Thor: The Dark World) upcoming reboot of the Terminator franchise has now been pushed back. Don't worry though, as you won't have too long to wait...read on for details!

Paramount's TERMINATOR reboot will now boot up July 1, 2015 instead of June 26.
— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) September 16, 2013
So, only a delay of around five days, although it doesn't really move further away or closer to any other major releases as it's already surrounded by the likes of Jurassic World and Batman Vs. Superman. While it has yet to be officially confirmed, Thor: The Dark World director Alan Taylor is apparently the frontrunner to direct what will be the first in planned trilogy of standalone movies. Laeta Kalorgridis (Avatar) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) are attached to write the screenplay.

Unread 2013-09-17, 06:14 PM   #24
QwikSHO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
A reboot to a series that hasn't even really told the whole story yet??? I guess after the piece of shit that was Salvation, they just decided to scrap the whole thing. What a shame.
I think the Batman voice ruined it for me.

And I don't know why they need to call it a "reboot." If they're telling the story in a different timeline, then what's the need of a reboot?

I guess I just can't understand Hollywood.
Unread 2013-11-06, 09:10 PM   #25
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

TERMINATOR 5: Emilia Clarke And Garrett Hedlund Considered For Sarah and John Connor Roles

And they're not the only ones! Paramount are reportedly looking at a number of young actors for the roles of Sarah and John Connor in Terminator 5 (which will be directed by Thor: The Dark World's Alan Taylor is recent rumours are to be believed), and you can find the short list after the jump!

Follow Josh:

By Josh Wilding - 11/6/2013

According to Schmoes Know, their source has told them that Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Brie Larson (21 Jump Street) and Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall Street) are all being considered for the role of Sarah Connor in Terminator 5. The character was played by Linda Hamilton in the original movies and Lena Headey in TV series, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Her son John is also set to appear in the movie, with Boyd Holbrook (The Host) and Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy) both named as being on the short list of actors being considered. Actors who have played him include Edward Furlong, Michael Edwards, Nick Stahl and Christian Bale. So, is this a sequel? A prequel? It's hard to say, but it's obvious that time travel will play a big role in the fifth instalment!

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...FkvMrG97iOP.99