Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2019-03-08, 04:06 PM   #976
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Kia Stinger GT Long-Term Update 5: Can a Kia Replace an Audi?

How our long-term Stinger GT matches up to an Audi A5 Sportback

Kia benchmarked the Audi A5/S5 Sportback when develop**ing the Stinger. In truth, the Stinger platform was co-developed alongside the Genesis G70, and Hyundai/Kia/Genesis very wisely choose to physically differentiate the two by making the Stinger's wheelbase 3 inches longer. Rather than get into the messy subject of platform sharing, Kia just came out with the odd notion that it's chasing after a car that sells something like 10,000 units per year between two models (A5 and S5) in the U.S. A weird car to single out, I agree, but it is what they say it is.

I do not own an Audi A5 or S5 Sportback, but I do happen to own (well, lease) an A4 Allroad. The A4 Allroad and A5 Sportback have the same engine, wheelbase, basically everything save for what's behind the C-pillar. Living with both cars as I have been for half a year, I'm in a somewhat unique position to compare and contrast the two. Here are some big-picture observations. Please keep in mind, this isn't quite an apples-to-apples comparison.
Where the Kia Beats the Audi

Price. As you'd imagine, you can tick every single box on the Stinger GT and come out right around the starting point for an S5 Sportback (about $53,000 or thereabouts in each case). A Prestige package S5 Sportback starts at $61K and goes up. Should you have a fully optioned Allroad like me, you're looking at $58K. Our RWD GT2 showed up with a $50,100 price tag.
Steering feel. Unlike the Audi, the Kia can (thankfully) be had as a rear-driver. Unless you really, truly, totally—be honest now—need AWD, I beg, plead, and implore you to go with the rear-drive Stinger. I've driven both versions back to back, and the RWD version steers, drives, and feels so much better. The rear-driver is 150 pounds lighter, and all of that extra heft sits over the front wheels. As for the Audis, all are Quattro (except for the loss-leader $349-a-month lease specials that are FWD), and although they drive well, there's no replacement for a proper rear-driver. Just the facts.

Where the Audi and Kia Are Equal

Street presence. Although Audi's design language may be a little long in the tooth, there's no denying how handsome and well executed the B9 A4/A5 family is. The Allroad (obviously!) looks the best, especially in Gottland Green. The Stinger helped redefine not only how people think of Korean automobiles, but also how said cars look. I've lost track of how many times I've heard a form of, "That's a Kia?" The Stinger's metal is quite premium-looking. The only downside to driving the Kia is that lots of people will come up and quiz you about it at gas stations. Of course, maybe you think that's a good thing?
Where the Audi Beats the Kia

Infotainment. Audi's Virtual Cockpit is still the benchmark in the segment. It not only looks premium, it works. And you can just write out addresses (or whatever) on the scroll wheel. Moreover, no maps beat Google Maps. That's just how it is. Kia's software, by way of counterpoint, is average (better than Infiniti, worse than Mercedes) at best, and is found in much less premium offerings. Some even have Hyundai badges.
Interior quality. With 20,000 miles on the odometers of both cars, I can tell you that the Audi's leather feels nicer, the seats feel better padded, and the interior trim looks better and more premium. Even the black plastics in the Audi appear to be holding up better. There's nothing wrong with the Kia, it's just that after a year-plus of use, the Audi feels and seems higher quality. Maybe this is where the extra money goes?

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-04-06, 09:01 PM   #977
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrjoqEyYzxc

Unread 2019-04-07, 06:40 PM   #978
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

📣HERE IT IS📣• •®️ Kia Stinger 2.0T GTSv2 front Lip•
• 🛠 hardware included •
• 💯 real Carbon Fiber•
• 2x2 Carbon Fiber •
• 3 piece design •
• winglets design•
• HoneyComb, color carbonfiber optional (extra cost)
• 🌎wide shipping •
•📞888-361-1555 •
• PREORDER OPEN•
• 💵💳 $650CF •
• 💵💳 $550 FRP •
• 💵💳 $650 gloss black •
• 💵💳 $770 HC or Color Carbon Fiber •
• Free Shipping • • Limited time offer so get your order in •

Unread 2019-04-07, 08:13 PM   #979
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kia Runs 11.9 Mods JB4, SSR Downpipes, SSR muffler deletes, AP intakes.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clo0Gqzr1MA

Unread 2019-04-12, 09:43 AM   #980
xXSTi-lynXx

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 219
Thanks (Received): 135
Likes (Given): 1225
Likes (Received): 1043
Dislikes (Given): 69
Dislikes (Received): 82

Shared in a Chevy SS group Im in.
lol
Unread 2019-04-12, 10:58 AM   #981
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Wtf yeah vids out or AU are still so good , I can see the butt hurt

Unread 2019-04-13, 06:08 PM   #982
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Force-Fed Performance

2 hrs ·

Well here we go! Final testing on the Pure Turbos stage2 turbo upgrades for the Stinger GT. There are still tuning advancements that will come available as the platform ages for a little more power but we have pushed this setup to its limits and ended up with 480whp and 575lb/ft of torque at 26psi holy crap! Keep in mind this car bone stock made 299whp and 384lb/ft of torque. Nearly a 200increase on both sides when these stage2 are still rather small. I foresee another larger set being made if these prove good results at the track. Street testing is pointless with no traction in lower gears so we are at the mercy of the weather holding up. Thanks to pure turbos to trusting us with efficient data and good testing comparisons and thanks to Burger Motorsports for helping dial in the methanol and boost control along with Pressertech for the bench flash and assisting us with torque limitations and throttle control. Our issue before was too much torque and the factory setting on the ecu would cause the throttle to close and hesitate horribly between shifts which should be solved now. This is certainly an awesome platform with the amount of abuse we have thrown at it and it hasn’t given us one mechanical problem. We would expect this setup to be around 530-540hp and over 625trq on a dynojet. This is all while still going through a 2.5” exhaust system all the way back. Stay tuned for more updates!

Unread 2019-04-13, 06:08 PM   #983
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.facebook.com/ForceFedPerformanceLLC/

Unread 2019-04-14, 05:55 PM   #984
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Lap3 and JB4 tuned cars were running side by side today.

Here were their best times and mods
12.15 @119.56, @Get Stung, (Panthera) 7.94 @92.04, 1.927
AWD, JB4 Map5, Secondary CAT bypass, Borla catback, Injen intake 93 octane+ Boostane

12.23 @ 116.26, @ScottyCole, (Ceramic Silver) 7.98 @91.03, 1.95

AWD, Lap3 Pro, K&N Intakes, UP HFC down/mid, Borla Catback, 93 octane + E85

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60r8YJY_JwY

Unread 2019-04-15, 09:28 AM   #985
Albatross

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 100
Thanks (Received): 190
Likes (Given): 277
Likes (Received): 1331
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 71

As I'm pushing the limits of mine, I'm discovering more and more nannies in the ECU/TCU.

The car needs an actual flash tune for either, to control the shift points, launch control, and speed of shifts. I could send mine to Tork and have them put their stage 2 flash, and piggy back it with my current JB4 to fine tune it and my WMI, and that would probably solve issues I'm running in to at my power level. The reason why very few have broken in to the 11's is because of the ecu/tcu restrictions from the factory. I wish there was a local track because I'm sure I would be at the top of the RWD cars that retain factory turbos and 0 ecu flash.

I still love the car, but as I'm producing more power, its frustrating that I can't fully make use of it imo.
Albatross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-04-15, 01:52 PM   #986
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

KIA STINGER RECEIVES FIRST-EVER J.D. POWER ENGINEERING AWARD FOR HIGHEST RATED ALL-NEW VEHICLE

Award Focused on Excellence in Automotive Engineering Bestowed on the Highest Performing Vehicle in Kia’s History
IRVINE, Calif., April 15, 2019 -- After ushering in a dynamic new era for Kia Motors, the 2018 Stinger sportback has been awarded the first-ever J.D. Power Engineering Award for Highest-Rated All-New Vehicle. Based on combined consumer evaluations included in the J.D. Power Initial Quality SM and APEALSM Studies, Kia is the first OEM to be recognized by J.D. Power for delivering the highest-rated new entry into the market for a model year.
“The Stinger is the result of years of hard work and dedication from the industry’s top designers and engineers. We turned what was once considered a dream car into a startling and enthralling new reality,” said Michael Cole, chief operating officer & EVP, Kia Motors America. “Being the first auto manufacturer to receive this prestigious award from J.D. Power, an organization known for excellence in research, is a true testament to Kia’s ‘Give It Everything’ philosophy.”
The J.D. Power Engineering Award for Highest-Rated All-New Vehicle combines the results of two well-known J.D. Power studies, the Initial Quality Study (IQS) which measures new-vehicle quality by the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles (PP100) as reported by consumers during the first 90 days of ownership; and the J.D. Power Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) award, which measures new-vehicle owners’ overall satisfaction with their vehicles within the first 90 days of ownership. Categories evaluated include exterior, interior, storage, audio, seats, heating and ventilation, driving dynamics, powertrain, visibility, and fuel economy.
“This is the first time J.D. Power has analyzed customer data in order to identify a remarkable achievement by a vehicle development team,” said Doug Betts, senior vice president of global automotive at J.D. Power. “This is feedback on both the quality and the performance of the vehicle taken straight from the owners of the vehicle. What we are seeing is a team of designers, R&D engineers and a manufacturing team that are working very effectively together to launch something quite exceptional.”
About Kia Motors America
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Kia Motors America continues to top quality surveys and is recognized as one of the 100 Best Global Brands and 50 Best Global Green Brands by Interbrand. Kia serves as the "Official Automotive Partner" of the NBA and offers a complete range of vehicles sold through a network of nearly 800 dealers in the U.S., including cars and SUVs proudly assembled in West Point, Georgia.*
For media information, including photography, visit www.kiamedia.com. To receive custom email notifications for press releases the moment they are published, subscribe at www.kiamedia.com/us/en/newsalert.

*The Telluride, Sorento and Optima (excluding Hybrid and Plug-In Hybrid) are assembled in the United States from U.S. and globally sourced parts.

Unread 2019-04-17, 12:32 PM   #987
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2020 Kia Stinger GTS Is an Orange Special Edition with a Drift Mode up Its Sleeve

A newly optional D-AWD system can now send up to 100 percent of the power rearward for those who want both AWD traction and tail-out antics.

• The Kia Stinger is getting a new special edition called the GTS with a few appearance tweaks and an optional all-wheel-drive system with a Drift mode.
  • To differentiate itself from the Stinger's conventional all-wheel-drive system, the GTS's "D-AWD" setup has selectable modes to control how much power is sent to the rear wheels.
  • The Stinger GTS should arrive sometime this spring or summer with a price estimated to start at $44,995 for the RWD model and $47,495 for the D-AWD car.
Kia's Stinger sports sedan is getting a new optional all-wheel-drive system with a Drift mode. The "D-AWD" setup is will be offered only on a new special-edition model for 2020 that's called the Stinger GTS, which essentially amounts to an appearance package for the V-6 Stinger otherwise and will also come in a rear-wheel-drive model.
D-AWD doesn't seem too different from the standard Stinger's already rear-biased optional AWD system, but its key distinction is that it offers three selectable modes that control how much torque from the twin-turbo 3.3-liter V-6 is sent to the rear wheels. Comfort mode puts the split at 60 percent rear, Sport mode sends 80 percent rearward, and Drift mode sends 100 percent to the rear (the non-D-AWD system can only send up to 80 percent of the power rearward). GTS D-AWD Stingers also get a standard limited-slip differential, previously available only on the RWD Stinger, and Kia says that it has changed mapping for the transmission, stability control, and steering to work with this new system.

The idea of a drift-oriented all-wheel-drive system might sound weird given that the standard rear-wheel-drive Stinger is perfectly capable of drifting on its own. But we suppose it makes it so that those who want AWD traction won't miss out on any tail-out shenanigans if they so please.

The other GTS tweaks amount to a special orange exterior color; different badging on the rear with a GTS emblem and a "Stinger" script to replace the Kia logo; carbon-fiber bits of trim for the mirrors, grille, and side vents; and faux-suede pieces for the steering wheel, center console, and headliner.

We appreciate Kia's pricing strategy for the GTS, which places it somewhere in between the GT and GT1 trims for the current car. Equipped with a sunroof and a Harman/Kardon audio system, the GTS has an estimated starting price of $44,995 for the RWD car and $47,495 for the D-AWD car.

Unread 2019-04-30, 11:05 AM   #988
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Kia Stinger long-term wrap-up: It's so hard to say goodbye

Would we still recommend this 2018 Roadshow Shift Award winner after a year in the saddle? Heck yeah, we would.

After a year in the driver's seat, it's time to say goodbye to Roadshow's long-term 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 test vehicle, belovedly nicknamed "Jerry Stinger." Like another famous Jerry, ours had a flair for the dramatic; whether we're talking neck-swiveling good looks or neck-snapping acceleration, the bright red grand tourer left a lasting impression on our staff and we're all pretty sad to see it go. But before we bid farewell, let's look back on some of the highs and lows of the past few months.

Ups and downs

As a GT2 model, our Stinger came fully loaded. In theory, the optional Smart Tailgate feature should have increased convenience. You just walk up to the rear end with the key in your pocket and the power-lifting hatch automatically opens. In practice, the tailgate would often accidentally trigger whenever I was just pumping gas, so we ended up disabling it pretty early on.
Pumping gas is something we did quite a bit of over our year behind the wheel. After a first-quarter average of 18.8 miles per gallon, the Stinger's fuel economy climbed to 21.9 mpg for the second quarter, and settled at 24.2 mpg for the final half of our year-long loan. That lands us nicely in line with the EPA's estimated 21 combined mpg for the V6-powered Stinger with all-wheel drive. On one hand, most of the miles logged were fairly smooth highway miles, which surely helped our average. On the other, it's surprising that we did so well considering the auto stop-start function was disabled for almost the entire time the Kia was in our possession. Also, nearly everyone who drove the Stinger immediately popped it into Sport mode and left it there to fully appreciate the 365 horsepower. It's just so hard to not have a lead foot with such satisfying acceleration at the tip of your toe.
Performance, no surprise, ended up being the aspect of the Stinger that we loved the most. From the responsive handling to the meaty 376 pound-feet of torque to the powerful brakes, we've had almost no complaints regarding the sporty nature of the Stinger.
The all-wheel-drive system didn't get too much of a workout during a year in oft-dry California, leaving me longing for the more dynamic rear-drive variant. Thankfully, our own Emme Hall was able to step up and put the AWD system through its paces, shoeing the Stinger with winter tires and taking it on a snowy holiday in mountainous Colorado.

I was more than satisfied with the Stinger's performance, but an encounter with 2019 Roadshow Shift Award-winning Car of the Year, the Genesis G70 Sport, slightly complicated my feelings. Mechanically, the G70 is nearly identical to the Stinger with the same powertrain and available tech, but I preferred the slightly sharper suspension, more compact dimensions and traditional sedan profile of the Genesis to the Stinger, which felt more laid-back by comparison. However, the Stinger's more spacious second row and liftback utility appealed more to other members of our staff. With very similar pricing, packaging and performance, I don't think you could steer wrong choosing either of these close cousins.
A clean bill of health

I encountered only one performance hiccup during the whole year: a bit of shake from the Brembo brakes that I noticed at around 10,000 logged miles. This was possibly due to the Stinger being driven hard during the break-in period by our sometimes impatient staff members. However, the issue disappeared more quickly than it had arrived. After just a few more trips, the shake had vanished even before we could take a look at the rotors.

The rest of the Stinger's medical record consisted of just one regularly scheduled servicing (oil and air filter change and a good looking-over) and a short stop at the paint shop after one of our SF Bay Area neighbors used the Stinger's bumper to aid in parking-by-feel.
While I'm nitpicking, the black chrome on our example looked fantastic when it was clean. However, I found it nigh impossible to keep the dark trim on the front bumper and wing mirrors clear of blemishes. From water spots to bug splatters, every spot stands out on this finish, which was a small point of annoyance. Keep some spray cleaner and microfiber towels handy if, like me, you're a compulsive detailer.
One thing that I noticed throughout the year with Jerry is the positive attention that the Stinger garnered around town. At least once a week, some stranger would compliment me with a, "Nice car, dude," or, "Is that your Stinger? Sweet." I've never gotten so many compliments on a review car -- not on the BMW M5, not even the Porsche Panamera e-Hybrid. I chalk it up to the Stinger riding the line between desirability and approachability. People love the premium look and performance, but it's got a Kia badge at either end, so it -- and the person behind the wheel -- feels a bit less hoity-toity.

A really sweet deal

Speaking brand perception, at least one staff member expressed a bit of hesitation at the $52,000-plus asking price for a vehicle that wears Kia badges. However, considering all of the technology, performance and features you get for that price -- and just how good Kia's lineup and reputation have gotten over the past decade -- most of our staff agree that the 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD is a pretty sweet deal. A comparably equipped Audi A5 Sportback or BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe -- both smaller cars -- would be thousands of dollars more expensive.
However, I think we could do a little better on the price. For 2019, pricing and packaging have been changed and simplified slightly, but my preference remains the same. I'd also step down from the GT2 model to a midtier GT1. That puts you at a sweet spot of about $46,295 delivered with all-wheel drive -- about $5,000 cheaper than a 2019 GT2. You lose Nappa leather and a few comfort features like the power liftgate, but the GT1 still features Kia's Drivewise advanced driver aid suite, the adaptive suspension and all of cabin tech and performance that matters. While I'm at it, I think I'd spec mine in Micro Blue Pearl; nearly every other Stinger I spotted in 2018 was red like ours.
In regions with milder climates year-round, I would also skip the all-wheel-drive upgrade in favor of a rear-wheel-drive model. Our staff who've driven both think that the rear-driven Stinger is a bit more dynamic, plus the 2019 RWD GT models now come standard with the handling-enhancing limited-slip differential. That potentially saves fair weather drivers $2,200 off the bottom line. Of course, if you've got money burning a hole in your pocket, the newly announced limited-edition 2020 Kia Stinger GTS seems like it'll be a no-compromises pick when it arrives later this year.
So would we still recommend this Roadshow Shift Award winner after a year in the saddle? Of course we would. Heck, we didn't want to give this one back. But it's time to make room for another long-termer, so we say farewell, Jerry Stinger. You'll be missed.

Unread 2019-05-02, 12:24 PM   #989
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Kia Stinger GT Long-term Update | Addictive power, less addictive response, fuel economy

It really packs a punch

One of the big draws of our long-term 2018 Kia Stinger GT is its twin-turbo 3.3-liter V6. With 365 horsepower and 375 pound-feet of torque hooked up to a rear-drive-based drivetrain (rear-drive is standard), it's an exciting proposition. In real life it lives up to the promise with only a few minor caveats.

First the good stuff: This engine is a real ripper. It feels much, much stronger than the numbers purport. Shove the throttle down and the Kia shoves you back and doesn't let up. Your only reprieve is at redline when it shifts, then the process starts again. This sensation is accessible anywhere in the rev band, too, a benefit of peak torque arriving at just 1,300 rpm. It's an exciting and addictive feeling, and it matches the Stinger's fierce appearance.

From the driver's seat, it sounds good but not great. It produces a smooth, deep growl, but it's flat. Other V6s have more of a gargle, or a howl or a shriek that provides personality. The Stinger's V6 sounds generic in contrast. Bystanders won't even get a generic growl, though, as the car is as quiet as a Camry from the outside. On the plus side, keeping the Stinger GT quiet does help it stay peaceful on commutes and road trips, but some kind of electronically adjustable exhaust would really liven up the Stinger GT's soundtrack without sacrificing refinement.

In addition to some better pipes, the Stinger GT could use better throttle response. We've become accustomed to wickedly responsive turbo cars nowadays, so it's a little surprising to hop in the Stinger GT and feel a moment's pause before the revs rise and the boost hits. The slow response works the opposite way, too, with acceleration continuing for a moment after releasing the gas pedal. Sport mode helps alleviate the lag, but it never disappears entirely. Still, you can adjust to accommodate the sluggish throttle response, but the Stinger would be an altogether more confidence-inspiring car without it.

Finally, when it comes to fuel economy, the Stinger GT meets expectations. The EPA rates it for 17 mpg in the city, 25 on the highway and 20 in combined driving, and almost every entry in our fuel log fits that range. There were a couple refuels that revealed numbers as low as 15 mpg, though our Green Editor John Snyder managed to break 29 mpg on a trip. I also saw 29 mpg average indicated on the outgoing leg of a road trip, followed by 30 mpg average on the return trip, so if you're gentle on the highway, it could surprise you, but don't count on it. If you're really looking for good fuel economy from a Stinger, definitely opt for the 4-cylinder that's rated for 21 in the city with rear-wheel drive, 22 with all-wheel drive and 29 on the highway in either configuration.

One added bonus to this engine specific to the Stinger GT is the price. This V6 is used on almost every rear-drive-based vehicle from Hyundai and Kia, which means it can be had in every Genesis sedan, as well as the Kia K900. The Stinger is the cheapest at a base price of $40,295 for a new one. The next closest is the Genesis G80 at $43,045. The smaller G70 is even more expensive than both at $44,745. On top of that, only the G70 with rear drive and the K900 have better fuel economy, and they only improve by 1 mpg in the city and in combined driving. So the engine is a good value when wrapped in the Stinger's stylish shell. All in all, we're happy with the Stinger's powertrain, but if Kia can hone some of the dull points, the Stinger will really be a stunner.
Featured Gallery2018 Kia Stinger GT

Unread 2019-05-06, 03:56 PM   #990
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

A little good news for Stinger, the BMS Kia Stinger Diff Brace is ready to roll! Improves traction especially around corners by removing a lot of the slop in the factory rear end. No increased vibration noise detectable within the cabin. Confirmed fitment for RWD vehicles. AWD to be determined. Will have it on our site tomorrow for $179.

Unread 2019-05-06, 04:21 PM   #991
Albatross

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 100
Thanks (Received): 190
Likes (Given): 277
Likes (Received): 1331
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
A little good news for Stinger, the BMS Kia Stinger Diff Brace is ready to roll! Improves traction especially around corners by removing a lot of the slop in the factory rear end. No increased vibration noise detectable within the cabin. Confirmed fitment for RWD vehicles. AWD to be determined. Will have it on our site tomorrow for $179.

I wonder if i can get this ordered and to me by friday before I go to the track
Albatross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-05-07, 02:12 PM   #992
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kia Is Practically Giving Away Stingers

We don’t need to remind you that the new Kia Stinger is a very good car. Though I will say that while the V6 model gets all the press, the cheaper turbo-four car is still a pretty awesome vehicle. And if you are in the market for a stylish and fun fastback, there are some incredible deals right now.
Currently, Kia is offering a slew of incentives and programs for Stingers, though there are different tiers of discounts depending on whether or not you choose the four or six-cylinder model. Good news: the better money is on the faster cars.

Among the programs is a $2,000 competitive cash rebate that would apply if you own practically any car that is at least a 2011 model year. In addition to that on there is a zero percent APR offer for up to 66 months, plus a $2,000 cash back program. Normally you can’t combine the customer cash with zero percent, but the fine print says that select inventory has been “specially tagged” to receive both programs. Though keep in mind that the program is VIN specific, so not every car will qualify.

Good things come to those who wait and while about this time last year, Kia dealers were putting markups on the Stinger, the situation is very different now. If you do a quick search on the major listing sites you can find Stingers advertised with discounts at $10,000 off the MSRP and beyond.

However, as we know, Kia dealers have a bit of a reputation for playing games with online pricing to get people in the door. Given the variety of rebate programs at play here, often dealers will stack these discounts on their ads knowing that most customers won’t qualify.

That being said I’ve brokered a few Kia deals recently and based on actual dealer quotes it is possible to get substantial discounts depending on the region and the rebates.

One of the main criticisms of the Stinger when it first launched was that it seemed kinda pricey for a Kia, despite the value proposition it offered. For those folks who were interested in the Stinger but found it to be a bit out of reach, these hefty discount programs should bring the car into a more competitive range.

Unread 2019-05-07, 04:33 PM   #993
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kia Stinger GT #2 Turbo Upgrade, over 600WHP+ Setting. This one is RWD. LAP3 ECU & TCU Tune, 7000+ RPM shift is unlocked w/ quicker shift time. 0-183MPH video with 4 passengers to get some grip off the start. The customer was running 275/35/19 in the rear, having issues w/ the traction. It will probably need ~300 width tires to hook properly.
To see more, join LAP3 Performance discussion page.
#LAP3 #AuthenticTuning #PossibleWithLAP3 #PROSS #HardcoreTuning #ECUTune #TCUTune #700BHP #600WHP #StingerGT #Stinger #KIA #Genesis #G70

Unread 2019-06-06, 11:32 AM   #994
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kia Stinger Beats Rivals By A Huge Margin In This Area

This hot sports sedan keeps getting better and better.
The Kia Stinger is a superb sedan and a worthy rival to German premium sedans like the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe, Audi A5 Sportback, and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. It looks great, is well equipped, and has excellent performance and handling. We can’t praise it enough. And now there’s now another great reason why you should buy a 2019 Kia Stinger.

After subjecting the Stinger to some extensive crash tests, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has awarded the Korean sports sedan with its Top Safety Pick Plus award, which is the highest possible rating. There is a caveat, though: the sedan only earned the reward when equipped with optional Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection and LED headlights. The Stinger’s TSP+ rating brings the total number of Kia vehicles with 2019 Top Safety Pick or Top Safety Pick Plus ratings to 10.

"No detail was too small to be obsessed over during the Stinger’s development process,” said Michael Cole, chief operating officer and EVP, Kia Motors America. "Stinger was engineered to be the fastest and highest performing vehicle in Kia’s history, undergoing the company’s most intense R&D effort to date, but it also continues Kia’s tradition of offering advanced collision avoidance systems. Earning another TSP+ award is just one more piece of evidence demonstrating our commitment to ‘Give it Everything.’”
To qualify for a 2019 TSP+ award, a vehicle must earn "Good” ratings in six crashworthiness tests: driver-side small overlap front, passenger-side small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength, and head restraint – as well as earn "Advanced” or "Superior” ratings for front crash prevention and a "Good” headlight rating. The Stinger earned "Good” ratings for all six crashworthiness tests, and a "Superior” rating for the optional front crash prevention system, which helped it avoid collisions in the IIHS’s 12-mph and 25-mph track tests. The "Good” rating for the headlights applies to the Stinger’s static LED projector headlights.

The Stinger was also the first Kia to introduce two new available safety technologies: Driver Attention Warning and Lane Keeping Assist. Driver Attention Warning is designed to help combat distracted or drowsy driving in certain conditions. The system monitors a number of inputs from the vehicle and will sound a warning chime as well as display a graphic alerting the driver to take a break if it detects unattentive driving. Lane Keeping Assist, on the other hand, is designed to detect and monitor the vehicle’s intended lane and in certain situations, alert the driver with an audible warning along while providing steering input to help maintain the vehicle’s position.

Unread 2019-06-16, 04:32 PM   #995
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bQRjcRrJPs

Unread 2019-06-26, 04:03 PM   #996
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Hexagonal CF pattern from Korean made trunk lid

Unread 2019-07-01, 02:45 PM   #997
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kia Stinger GT Looks Sharp On Vossen Wheels

This might be the most ferocious Kia Stinger we’ve ever seen.

The Kia Stinger GT is unflappably good. With a twin-turbocharged 3.3-liter V6 producing 365 horsepower (272 kilowatts) and 376 pound-feet (509 Newton-meters) of torque, it's quick in a straight line. With tuning from former BMW M boss Albert Biermann, it can carve corners, too. And with Kia's signature "Tiger Nose" grille, sharp headlights, and a svelte profile that rivals luxury competitors, the Stinger is great to look at.
But for as sharp as the Stinger GT is out of the box, it's even more impressive post upgrades. At SEMA, the company showcased two modded Stingers: one built by DUB with unique wheels and aero work, and the other destined for police duty in Queensland, Australia. But the one pictured here might be the sexiest Stinger we've seen yet.

Unread 2019-07-09, 01:23 PM   #998
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Outlaw Horses | 2019 Stinger GTS (Limited Availability)

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WBv2fmbGic

Tags
albert biermann, awd, kia stinger gt, peter schreyer, rwd