Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2018-08-01, 01:19 PM   #751
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 113
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 419
Likes (Received): 237
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
Kia recalls Sunset Yellow Stingers to respray cracked paint

Owners of Sunset Yellow Kia Stingers at this point are likely aware of chipping and cracking paint finishes, and the brand has acknowledged the problem and will remedy the situation.
First reported by Australian publication Car Advice last month, Kia confirmed it will recall all Stingers finished in the beaming yellow hue for repainting.

A Kia spokesman has confirmed to Motor Authority that the recall includes approximately 400 cars in the United States, which feature the cracking Sunset Yellow paint. It was a special 2018 model year option.
According to Kia, the issue stems from an error in the paint process at the factory and affects "paint adherence that may result in some paint chipping on certain affected areas." Areas most likely to show chipping and cracking are the hood, doors, windshield pillars, and decklid.
Those owners of Sunset Yellow Stingers should have received a notification by mail last month that details Kia's potential solutions. Owners can opt for a dealership to arrange for repainting of affected areas in accordance with Kia's guidelines and paint specifications. If an owner chooses a respray, Kia will provide alternative transportation during the repainting process and a "financial goodwill gesture" of $5,000 for the inconvenience.
If a respray is not a desired option for a particular customer, Kia will also purchase the Stinger back outright or replace the car with an equivalent model. Since Sunset Yellow was a limited-edition hue, the replacement car will feature a different color. No other colors are affected by the adherence issue and customers that do opt for a repaint cannot choose a new color. Resprays will not affect the 3-year/36,000-mile warranty included with the Stinger.

Kia said it will give customers 30 days after completing the voluntary campaign to notify the company if they plan to return the car or seek a replacement model. Both secondary options will be available to owners until December 1, 2018.

Good for Kia. That's actually a more than fair deal with both options.

Street & Racing Technology
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-08-01, 02:20 PM   #752
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
KIA Stinger 3.3TT 0 to 100 MPH is 8.9 seconds!

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1v44iIuxqw

Good lord... this things is moving out! I think it has an 11 second pass in it now, so hopefully soon we will have it back on the track. Current mods: FMIC Primary Cat delete/off road pipe Secondary Cat delete/off road pipe Intakes HKS40 spark plugs gapped at .032 Muffler deletes Stage 1 Tune (18 psi, 91 octane pump gas) We will be adding oval dump exhaust, HKS 45 spark plugs gapped at .028, and water methanol (running 100% methanol) very soon. First.. oval dump exhaust system so we can see how sexy is sounds
Would this pass inspection?

Unread 2018-08-01, 02:45 PM   #753
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

what are you a C.A.R.B rep now?

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-08-01, 02:59 PM   #754
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 1012
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 64

Quote:
KIA Stinger Rear Sway Bar Install... best mod ever!!!

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmjkVYReJr4

If you get anything from this video... it should be that this is your first mod, period. If you drive aggressive, or autocross, this the mod you want. The rear sway bar is the biggest change in vehicle performance I have seen yet.
With absolutely no data to support his claims that it actually improves handling numbers. Sure, it cuts down on roll, but that doesn't necessarily mean the car is handling better.
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-08-01, 03:03 PM   #755
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
With absolutely no data to support his claims that it actually improves handling numbers. Sure, it cuts down on roll, but that doesn't necessarily mean the car is handling better.
Yeah considering how they built/designed this car... I'd be nervous to fuck with the suspension... motor sure... suspension? I'll pass.
Unread 2018-08-01, 03:05 PM   #756
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

There have been some road tests/track tests talking about body roll ..which is odd considering Biermann had them on the 'Ring etc.. curious to see that work out

Unread 2018-08-01, 04:58 PM   #757
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
SLEEPERACCORD says otherwise buddy. After he installed his on the accord, it handled like a vette and took off a whole second in the 1/4.....

Unread 2018-08-01, 06:26 PM   #758
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
what are you a C.A.R.B rep now?
Just sayin 😎

Unread 2018-08-02, 10:31 AM   #759
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricerking13 View Post
Yeah considering how they built/designed this car... I'd be nervous to fuck with the suspension... motor sure... suspension? I'll pass.
I've added bigger swaybars (many of them adjustable) to a handful of my own cars and I always needed up yanking them after a while. They certainly reduced roll, but they also caused a crappy, rocking ride over rutted and bumpy surfaces and could cause an unexpected slide under hard driving. I realized adding swaybars requires a lot of thought and additional suspension modification and alignment settings to make them really perform.
Unread 2018-08-02, 11:24 AM   #760
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

last car I did sways on was my IS300 but I also did full adjustable suspension and was corner balanced etc... before and after it was "better" and def change

Unread 2018-08-02, 02:20 PM   #761
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Ride Review: 2018 Kia Stinger

2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
In the past, larger hatchbacks had been hit-or-miss on in this country.
The first Volkswagen Dasher was a hit. It introduced us to a new kind of car from the Wolfsburg brand: water cooled front-engine with front wheel drive. But that was the mid-1970s, when there was an oil crisis and larger American cars were getting pummeled with blame for being inefficient.
Since the Dasher, there had been other cars. I recall the Merkur Scorpio, which was a 1980s European Ford sold at Lincoln-Mercury dealers. It was a well-designed car, but due to a lack of execution for the price it was commanding, it was unsuccessful.
A few decades later, Audi tried its hand on a large hatchback: the A7. Because of its Audi Sport variants—namely the hot RS7—it was a smash hit here in this country. This was followed up by the A5 Sportback, which also had its share of buyers here in the USA.
BMW had several hatchback models for the 3-, 4-, and the 5-Series. They had fastback versions of their SAV (read: SUV) lineup, the X4, and X6. All of these models had added some success to the Bavarian car marker.

The next entry to this list comes from the Republic of Korea. Lately, they have been adding luxury and performance cars to their portfolios to some success. It may have come as a surprise to some that Kia had created a large hatchback of their own. One that offers a lineup of turbocharged engines mounted on a rear-drive platform.
It sounds like a superb idea… except for one little problem: the badge.
Kia had been known for budget-to-mainstream models that appealed to the masses. Yet, they also dabbled in premium offerings, such as the Cadenza and K900. The idea behind the Kia Stinger was to create a halo car towards the upper end of the lineup that offered hatchback practicality, sports sedan performance, and great styling.
The buzz was loud and positive from our fellow media. It was our turn to find out whether the Kia Stinger will hit the premium car jackpot with this four-door sports hatchback and if the buzz is as good as everyone else had reported.

It begins with a sleek fastback look. The front end is lower than a lot of Kia models, but the “tiger” grille fits perfectly in-between a set of LED headlamp units. The hood is long, but that indicates its rear-drive roots. The roofline is swept back with a glasshouse taken from several Kia models, cutting short to a long C-Pillar blind spot area. The hatchback opens up from the bumper for enough room to load/unload cargo and luggage. LED tail lamps and bridged by a single strip crowing the rear end.
Our GT2 tester adds 19-inch alloy wheels exposing a Brembo four-disc braking system. This trim level also adds a specific grille texture with a protector for the driver’s assistance guide, additional lower aerodynamic aids up front and around the car, plus four exhaust tips and a diffuser.
The sporty atmosphere continues inside. This is the first Kia with a truly driver-focused cockpit with a low cowl, an instrument binnacle with a lot of information available to the driver, a heads-up display that is clear and informative, a steering wheel with the right controls for the adaptive cruise, infotainment system, the information screen between the dials, and the paddle shifters for the automatic transmission.
The center console features a shift-by-wire shifter that is a bit tricky to work for reverse and drive. The park button is behind the shifter. You also have a small knob for the drive modes—which there are five to choose from.

On top of the center stack is a tablet-like eight-inch screen for the UVO-driven infotainment system. Harmon Kardon provided 15 speakers of superb surround sound throughout the cabin. You can connect your smartphone through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as a choice of various sources for entertainment.
Our GT2 tester came with well-bolstered seats upholstered in a deep red Nappa leather. There is plenty of comfort to be had, but it is also supportive when doing more spirited journeys. Both the driver and front passenger seat have power rake, height, and recline adjustments, plus lumbar and seatback bolster adjustments as well. The rear seats are also upholstered in the same red Nappa leather and offer plenty of comfort. Legroom is great, but taller people will have to watch their heads as it will rest where the roofline starts sloping rearward.
The hatchback opens up to a cargo space that is expandable to 23.3 cubic feet. The rear seats fold down in a 60/40 split. The space behind the rear seat is long, but not deep.
Stinger models offer two choices in engine performance. Standard is a new 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 255 horsepower. Choosing any of the three GT models will upgrade you to a twin-turbocharger 3.3-liter V6 engine with 365 horsepower. Either engine is connected to an eight-speed automatic transmission sending power initially to the rear wheels. Our tester had the available all-wheel-drive system.

Needless to say, our Stinger GT2 AWD tester is very quick. It is also quite fast. The reason to buy a Stinger GT over the four-cylinder model is performance that has never been seen on a Kia—ever. And it is quite refreshing! However, we did observe an average for fuel economy of 22.7 MPG.
Being quick and fast means optimal vehicle control. The Stinger exhibits that with sharp reflexes and confidence through the curves. The handling is pretty darn good. The suspension setup is on the firm side, you can track-ready firmness in Sport mode. On the highway, there is plenty of feedback from the suspension system into the car, but it also has a high degree of control that enables the system to absorb road imperfections the best it can. We also like the grip from the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires shod on our tester.
Steering feel is superb with equally sharp reflexes from the wheel. On-center feel is good in all modes, which helps in maintaining control on turns and on the Interstate. Brakes are superb with excellent pedal feel and response. We found the Stinger to stop well in normal and panic situations.
Selecting the GT2 adds a suite of driver assistance features that work extremely well and will come in handy. These driver assistance features include front and rear Parking Distance Warning, Blind Spot Collision Warning with Lane Change Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Collision Warning, Forward Collision Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning System, Advanced Smart Cruise Control with Stop and Go, Lane Departure Warning System, Lane Keep Assist System, and Driver Attention Warning.

You can get the new Kia Stinger starting from $31,900 for a four-cylinder, rear-drive model that is far from basic in equipment content. Our GT2 AWD tester resides at the top end of the lineup, with a sticker price of $52,300 as tested.
If you do not pay attention to the badge on the front end, rear end, and the steering wheel, the Kia Stinger is a superb premium sports hatchback. It makes no apologies for the way it looks, or the way it drives. It is a great car for those looking for something different that is beyond just being sporty: select the right model, and your pulse is immediately quickened.
As for matching up the buzz the Kia Stinger garnered, when you drive around and people crane their necks in its direction, we can confirm that the hype is real. So is the badge. To every Soul, Forte, Sportage, Sorento, and Optima owner: you now have got a Kia that will fly your flag proudly.

Unread 2018-08-02, 03:52 PM   #762
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueburner View Post
Just sayin ��
Just sayin ..

You have been in or out of the car scene how long? I don't think that when people tune/modify cars (outside of cali they think about those things)

This is coming from a pretty decently modified BMW owner, who gave 0 fucks about "legality" the same when I had my IS300, I think my 1st mod was a catless X pipe that the dealership themselves were asking for part numbers for a race car

Unread 2018-08-03, 09:50 AM   #763
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lDo8TPoJtY
KIA STINGER VS GOLF

Unread 2018-08-03, 10:25 AM   #764
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Just sayin ..

You have been in or out of the car scene how long? I don't think that when people tune/modify cars (outside of cali they think about those things)

This is coming from a pretty decently modified BMW owner, who gave 0 fucks about "legality" the same when I had my IS300, I think my 1st mod was a catless X pipe that the dealership themselves were asking for part numbers for a race car
I've never left the car scene.

My point is being missed. All I'm saying is that it's not that impressive when you start to throw aftermarket parts on a car, especially when there not street legal, and you get big gains. It's to be expected to make power gains. ANY car can make big numbers like that. Cars are making power like this legally.
But in this thread has come to, "look how much power this car is making". Why is that so impressive? Is it because of what I've been saying? That it's impressive because it's a Kia, or it's impressive that aftermarket parts can make power for it the way it does? Any car can make gobs of power with aftermarket parts. So again I ask, what's so impressive about the power it's making since that's what this thread has turned into?

Unread 2018-08-03, 10:30 AM   #765
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is whatever is posted in it , you want to be a dick go elsewhere

"street legal" not street legal

What's funny, I was looking over the tune I had on the BMW "not for street use" then where else would this be used? The companies label their products as such an if you live in a state w/ proper testing etc.. then that is on the person buying said parts.

Aftermarket parts were created to "fix" or improve short comings in factory parts this is an age old deal once again

Last edited by JDLM; 2018-08-03 at 10:37 AM..
Unread 2018-08-03, 11:40 AM   #766
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

torqueburner: Take a day off site is too dead for someone to act like a cunt just to act like a cunt.

Last edited by JDLM; 2018-08-03 at 11:48 AM..
Unread 2018-08-03, 12:55 PM   #767
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
torqueburner: Take a day off site is too dead for someone to act like a cunt just to act like a cunt.
Unread 2018-08-04, 04:36 PM   #768
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByLXPaLmzJk

Unread 2018-08-05, 09:30 AM   #769
kcstreeter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 93
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 16

Theres 3 that Ive seen so far running around here in Blue Springs. Really is a good looking car. Id take one in Ceramic gray
kcstreeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-08-05, 08:33 PM   #770
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Stinger GT 3.3TT update...

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFmI-JJ3wCA

Nothing new to report about the tune... but, good news about the OCC's, spark plugs and overall engine health. OCC's are working, spark plugs look fantastic, bore scope shows engine is happy, tops of valves look fantastic!!!! I couldn't be happier with the project/build. It is good to see that our tune is keeping things clean, and the car is running fantastic with the Stage 1 Tune. Car has 5,xxx miles on it now, and those have been some very hard miles For more up to date info, check out our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/torktuned/ Our IG account at: https://www.instagram.com/tork_motors... For the great parts and the tune that has turned the Stinger into the beast that it is now, check out the website at damnfastdd.com Lets continue to grow the channel... and share this content with all your friends and family. Thanks, Tork Motorsports

Unread 2018-08-05, 08:59 PM   #771
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like

I give Tork's Stinger a few more months (maybe) before the tranny says enough.
Unread 2018-08-05, 11:25 PM   #772
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I give Tork's Stinger a few more months (maybe) before the tranny says enough.
They beat on it!

Can't figure out why beat on teh car that hard, and not go get better tires? See what it can do before it's too late... :-/
Unread 2018-08-06, 06:27 PM   #773
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Kia Stinger long-term update: Road trippin’

A quick blast from SF to SoCal reveals a few foibles.

I take a lot of road trips. See, my race car lives about six hours away, so if I want to drive it or work on it, some serious highway time is required. Fortunately, Roadshow's long-term 2018 Kia Stinger GT is a road trip warrior, making the miles whiz on by with plenty of power, comfort and tech.

Even though Kia Motors Europe designer Gregory Guillaume once said a GT, or Gran Turismo car, "is not about outright power," the Stinger GT sure has a lot of it. Our all-wheel drive GT2 model packs a 3.3-liter turbocharged V6 engine, mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Its 365 horsepower and 376 pound-feet of torque keep the Stinger buzzing, but not so much that I'll get in trouble. The torque comes on full blast midway through the rev range, so punching it results in a nice rush of power, usually without downshifting. I love this powertrain.

That said, a long road trip down boring highways can be made even easier thanks to the latest and greatest tech. And while our Stinger has bells and whistles galore, after several long drives, I've noticed some issues.

Dash of distraction

We here at Roadshow generally like Kia's UVO infotainment system. Its straightforward design makes it easy to use, the graphics are excellent and both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto come standard. Extended time with this system, however, leaves us wanting some tweaks.
First off, that 8-inch screen is bright. It's blowing my eyeballs out while driving at night, even on the most dim setting.

The real-time traffic seems to have some issues, showing green while I'm doing less than 25 miles per hour on the highway, stuck in a long line of traffic navigating late-night construction. Other times a long stretch of highway shows red, then green, then yellow before going back to green again, even though the conditions haven't changed.

UVO is operated solely via the touchscreen. There is no dial in the center console as in Mazdas or BMWs, and normally that'd be fine. There are large physical buttons for things like radio, navigation, media and setup, but there's a very important one that's missing: home.

Any time I want to back to the infotainment home screen, let's say to open up Apple CarPlay, I have to take my eyes off the road and aim for a tiny half-inch square tile in the top left corner of the display. It's not hard, necessarily, but having to hunt and peck for this tiny button time after time gets annoying.

There are plenty of ways a dial could make the whole UVO system less distracting. When listening to a podcast on Apple CarPlay, the skip/back tiles are very small. Further, to get back from the podcast screen to the native system I have to click the small Apple home button and then the UVO tile. In both cases my eyes are focused at the screen and not the road.

Everyone's experience is different, but for me, the time my eyes spend on the screen when using touch is much more than when using a dial-select system. Kia does have a customizable physical button that you can set as a makeshift shortcut to the home screen. But it also means you can't use this button for other useful go-tos like Bluetooth audio, an on/off switch for the display, UVO eServies or the phone menu.

Quality comfort

In terms of cabin amenities, this thing is top-notch. Outside temperatures range all the way up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit during my trip, but I am cool as the proverbial cucumber inside thanks to the car's cooled seats. The seats offer up enough support to keep my back nice and straight and the seat cushion is stretched a bit to accommodate those with longer legs. I arrive at my destination fresh and ready to turn a few wrenches.
When I arrive back home and do the math, I averaged 22.7 miles per gallon over my 665-mile round-trip, a far cry from the 24.7 mpg the computer tells me I got, and less than the 25-mpg highway rating from the EPA. However, I am a bit of a hot shoe, so your mileage may vary.

Quirks aside, overall, I love the Stinger. Our fully loaded tester comes out to $52,300 including destination, a fair price to pay for something that is comparable to a much more expensive Audi S5 Sportback. It gets even better if you're willing to go down a few trim levels and forgo all-wheel drive for rear-wheel drive. The GT trim with the 3.3-liter engine starts at $38,350, which for this much car is an absolute steal.

Unread 2018-08-07, 09:18 PM   #774
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

So I recently went to a few car meets and got the tuner itch again. I threw on my homemade CAI(cool air intake)system with heat shielding, but before I did I ran another stock 0-60 test to get a good baseline. I know video editing is not the most accurate measurement, but I’ve run consistent stock 4.8sec 0-60s using this method. I do my best to crop at the same frame for each run and was even a little conservative on the DIY intake run of 4.6sec. I’m amazed on the improvement just intakes made and can’t wait to add exhaust and see what that does next. See below for pics of intakes and video tests.

JfQgl7-OFa4&ap=%2526fmt=22&fs=1" width="858" height="508">JfQgl7-OFa4&ap=%2526fmt=22&fs=1" />Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: JfQgl7-OFa4" TARGET="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfQgl7-OFa4

One of my earlier stock 4.8 runs.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-qwjbp4eKw

The 4.8 confirmation run the day before intake swap.

MZ9FjJhG6-E&ap=%2526fmt=22&fs=1" width="858" height="508">MZ9FjJhG6-E&ap=%2526fmt=22&fs=1" />Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: MZ9FjJhG6-E" TARGET="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ9FjJhG6-E

The 4.6 run with DIY CAIs!

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFRwyeFj21w

A 4.7 run with DIY CAIs and Autohold launch. Little slower off the line but still faster than stock.

Gotta say it again..Love this car more and more everyday!

Last edited by JDLM; 2018-08-08 at 10:00 AM..
Unread 2018-08-08, 09:59 AM   #775
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Kia Stinger GT: Exclusive India Track Test | NDTV

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj0KDecWcac

Tags
albert biermann, awd, kia stinger gt, peter schreyer, rwd