Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2018-04-14, 03:33 PM   #4501
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 941
Thanks (Received): 340
Likes (Given): 6529
Likes (Received): 2786
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
So now what's the plan with Syria? Are we just going to keep lobbing missiles over there when Assad murders his own people as our "response"? I think it's utterly terrible about what's going on over there, but what's the point to all of this? Really?

The Russians aren't going to do anything either. They're all talk and will continue to simply be a major annoyance to the West just as they have been since Putin came to power.
I think that's it. That's all it should be imo. Why put bodies on the ground when it doesn't require it.
mild83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-04-15, 08:51 PM   #4502
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 43
Thanks (Received): 136
Likes (Given): 165
Likes (Received): 766
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26

I'm not entirely sure I disagree with the response to Syria but these past tweets from Trump are pretty hilarious regarding Obama and Syria.

http://time.com/4730219/syria-missil...-trump-tweets/

Why do we keep broadcasting when we are going to attack Syria. Why can't we just be quiet and, if we attack at all, catch them by surprise?

No, dopey, I would not go into Syria, but if I did it would be by surprise and not blurted all over the media like fools.

What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.

AGAIN, TO OUR VERY FOOLISH LEADER, DO NOT ATTACK SYRIA - IF YOU DO MANY VERY BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN & FROM THAT FIGHT THE U.S. GETS NOTHING!

Don't attack Syria - an attack that will bring nothing but trouble for the U.S. Focus on making our country strong and great again!
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-04-15, 10:16 PM   #4503
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 196
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 1350
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 25

Likw you always tell me. What has the past got to do with anything. Do you disagree with his actions.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-04-15, 11:11 PM   #4504
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
Likw you always tell me. What has the past got to do with anything. Do you disagree with his actions.
Someone's past words most definitely matter, especially when it lines up with his pattern of condemning someone for something and then doing that exact same thing. It's absolutely hilarious that he called Obama a fool for doing something that he is currently doing. Your comparison is a tad flawed to say the least and you completely misrepresented my point but you already knew that.

As of right now, no I don't disagree with his actions. I admittedly don't know enough about this sort of thing to be confident in my answer and see the possible ramifications of these actions but on the surface, I don't see how we can just let Assad use chemical weapons on innocent people and not do anything about it simply because it could embolden other countries. Doing the minimal amount to stop it, like just bombing the weapons, seems like a good measured response to me. But it also could escalate and turn into full out war. We'll see what happens but no, I am not against the actions with my current limited knowledge of the situation.
Unread 2018-04-17, 05:32 AM   #4505
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Trump is getting cold feet in regards to getting tough on Russia. I can't imagine what kind of sway they have over him in order for him to STILL continue to act guilty as fuck in regards to working with them after the Cohen raid. He must just also deeply believe he is untouchable from the law to some extent. I mean, he's gotten away with so much in his life with such little consequences, can you blame him?
Unread 2018-04-17, 07:26 AM   #4506
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
Looks like Trump is getting cold feet in regards to getting tough on Russia.
Really, you sure live in a different world than the rest of us. Are there pink elephants and unicorns in your world?

Obama was practically French kissing Putin with a lot of tongue as opposed to the missile strikes on Syria, sanctions and expelling agents.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2018-04-17, 07:43 AM   #4507
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Really, you sure live in a different world than the rest of us. Are there pink elephants and unicorns in your world?

Obama was practically French kissing Putin with a lot of tongue as opposed to the missile strikes on Syria, sanctions and expelling agents.
"Trump has tiny hands!"

Next DIY post: "Have you seen Obama's hands? They're just as small as Trumps! In fact, they're even smaller!"

I think you're projecting again DIY. Might want to check your reality with the facts, especially in the next couple of months.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/16/u...sia-syria.html
Unread 2018-04-17, 12:32 PM   #4508
icemangsr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 74
Thanks (Received): 68
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 426
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 10

Quote:

Trump wanted to see the evidence before anyone else.

He wants to see evidence......before others......in a case..........about him.

You don't see how ridiculous that is?

Also - show your work.

icemangsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-04-17, 02:06 PM   #4509
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Israeli intelligence reportedly says Trump's Syria strike failed, didn't take out much of anything

http://www.businessinsider.com/israe...-failed-2018-4

Quote:
"If President Trump had ordered the strike only to show that the US responded to [Syrian President Bashar] Assad's use of chemical weapons, then that goal has been achieved," Israel's Ynetnews quoted a senior defense official as saying. "But if there was another objective — such as paralyzing the ability to launch chemical weapons or deterring Assad from using it again — it's doubtful any of these objectives have been met."
Mission accomplished!
Unread 2018-04-17, 02:30 PM   #4510
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VjpE3Z1-bw

No collusion!

The part where the interviewer asks him if he has loans from Russian banks (1:40), the look on Trumps face, that is the look of a man who is obviously lying. The way he looks right into the camera too. Wow.

Last edited by Oblique; 2018-04-17 at 02:35 PM..
Unread 2018-04-17, 03:08 PM   #4511
mild83

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Looks like Trump is getting cold feet in regards to getting tough on Russia. I can't imagine what kind of sway they have over him in order for him to STILL continue to act guilty as fuck in regards to working with them after the Cohen raid. He must just also deeply believe he is untouchable from the law to some extent. I mean, he's gotten away with so much in his life with such little consequences, can you blame him?
Like Russia making idle threats to the USA about the Assad attack?
Unread 2018-04-17, 03:18 PM   #4512
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Like Russia making idle threats to the USA about the Assad attack?
Not entirely sure what connection you're making there but in my opinion, that idle threat plays right into the collusion narrative.
Unread 2018-04-17, 09:41 PM   #4513
mild83

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Not entirely sure what connection you're making there but in my opinion, that idle threat plays right into the collusion narrative.
Wait, so Russia says "don't bomb Assad or else".

We bomb Assad.

Russia sits on thumbs.

Trump is Russia's puppet for bombing a well-known Russian ally.

WAT?
Unread 2018-04-17, 10:08 PM   #4514
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Wait, so Russia says "don't bomb Assad or else".

We bomb Assad.

Russia sits on thumbs.

Trump is Russia's puppet for bombing a well-known Russian ally.

WAT?
Did you miss the reports of this attack doing nothing and being just for show? The idle threat is a way to show that Russia is really mad at Trump when they really aren't. It's all professional wrestling and you're a mark.
Unread 2018-04-17, 10:39 PM   #4515
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Mattis Wanted Congressional Approval Before Striking Syria. He Was Overruled.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/u...ia-attack.html

Well this is starting to make a lot more sense. Ask yourselves this, why would Trump go against Mattis?
Unread 2018-04-18, 01:20 AM   #4516
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-a...-1213256771946

The last line the anchor says in the video is really the story of Trump and his supporters. I hope Hannity gets exposed for the fraudulent Christian hypocrite that he is. He's obviously hiding something.

John 3:20-21
For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.

Luke 8:17
For nothing is hidden that will not be made manifest, nor is anything secret that will not be known and come to light.
Unread 2018-04-18, 04:32 AM   #4517
mild83

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Did you miss the reports of this attack doing nothing and being just for show? The idle threat is a way to show that Russia is really mad at Trump when they really aren't. It's all professional wrestling and you're a mark.
No, I saw the Israeli intelligence saying it was minimal damage.

I just think it is a reallllly far stretch, to now include England and France in the mix as well.
Unread 2018-04-18, 06:16 AM   #4518
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
No, I saw the Israeli intelligence saying it was minimal damage.

I just think it is a reallllly far stretch, to now include England and France in the mix as well.
Yea I'm not sure how to make sense of that myself with what little knowledge I have of how the attack was carried out and military operations in general. Possibly just a way to present a united front is my guess. It sends a much stronger message with 3 countries involved instead of one acting on it's own.
Unread 2018-04-18, 08:13 AM   #4519
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Russian news agencies say U.S. told Moscow no new sanctions for now

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1HP0ZT

I think Mattis might have seriously saved Trump's ass (and all of ours) here. From what the NYT article I posted claims about Trump's initial intentions about the attack, I think Trump was going to aggressively strike Syria to distract from Comey and to attempt to "prove" he isn't involved with Russia. He is probably shitting bricks about Cohen getting raided. If he's fucked from the information from the raid, then his only option is to start a war and go from there. Who cares if Russia uses their leverage if he's going down anyway. I think Trump probably calmed down a bit after the attack and got cold feet about going hard on Russia because he didn't need to anymore. They didn't do enough damage to warrant a real response from Russia and Trump got his goals accomplished. It's hard to discern Trumps true intentions from that article though as it gives kind of conflicting information.

Btw, remember the reports about Trump fearing he might get poisoned? Someone is either making up very unbelievable fantastical stories, or Trump is completely losing his mind, or maybe there is some foreign country who is known for using poison to kill people that go against them and Trump is always very aware of this for some reason.
Unread 2018-04-18, 08:28 AM   #4520
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-total-con-job

"A sketch years later about a nonexistent man. A total con job, playing the Fake News Media for Fools (but they know it)!"

I actually agree with Trump here, this whole sketch thing with Stormy Daniels is ridiculous. And if anyone would know what a con job looks like, it would be Trump.
Unread 2018-04-18, 01:02 PM   #4521
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 161
Thanks (Received): 116
Likes (Given): 400
Likes (Received): 633
Dislikes (Received): 36

Quote:
speaking of living in a different world than the rest of us...
Quote:
Requested Missile Strikes in Syria that aren't authorized under the 2001 AUMF (a fact that bothered Mattis but not Bolton/Trump)
Sanctions on Russia even without Congress making him do it
Expelling Russian agents/diplomats

if I didn't know any better I would think you were trolling... literally the things you think make Trump "tough" are the things that Obama either did or tried to do legally but was rebuffed by Republicans. not only is your hero a buffoon, he's apparently an unimaginative one just recycling what Obama did while criticizing Obama for the same actions... and you fell for it.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln

Last edited by phreakdna; 2018-04-18 at 01:05 PM..
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-04-18, 02:26 PM   #4522
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakdna View Post
speaking of living in a different world than the rest of us...

Requested Missile Strikes in Syria that aren't authorized under the 2001 AUMF (a fact that bothered Mattis but not Bolton/Trump)
Sanctions on Russia even without Congress making him do it
Expelling Russian agents/diplomats

if I didn't know any better I would think you were trolling... literally the things you think make Trump "tough" are the things that Obama either did or tried to do legally but was rebuffed by Republicans. not only is your hero a buffoon, he's apparently an unimaginative one just recycling what Obama did while criticizing Obama for the same actions... and you fell for it.
His reality completely changes depending on what the conservative news sites he reads tell him to believe that week. I would guess that he was against Russia before Trump told him to like them, just like almost every other Republican was. The 180 on them is astounding. Their ability to switch positions and pretend like they didn't is a weird thing to see in person. The new useful idiots.
Unread 2018-04-18, 05:07 PM   #4523
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Nope always been against what Russia is doing, just like Trump is. Only the Libs seem to wave with the breeze when their guy was in office.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2018-04-18, 05:55 PM   #4524
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Nope always been against what Russia is doing, just like Trump is. Only the Libs seem to wave with the breeze when their guy was in office.
Poe's Law in full effect here.

Serious question: why do you feel this undying loyalty for Trump so much so that you can't even criticize him? No president is perfect and above criticism so there has to be something you don't like about him. Can we at least agree about that? And what is your position about what to do if Trump is indicted and impeached? What is the right course of action after that?

If you don't give me at least a decent attempt at a real answer I'm going to have to block you because this is just a waste of time. I don't understand what you even get out of posting in here.
Unread 2018-04-18, 09:36 PM   #4525
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

I can criticize Trump, I don't like that he signed the 1.3T bill. He should have cut out the domestic crap and passed a 800B bill even if it shut down the government.

I don't like that he is keeping Sessions in DOJ. He should get rid of him, get a new one in that will start an investigation into Muellers crimes along with HRC.

There is no Russian collusion so if he is impeached it will be when the Dems take the house this year and they will impeach him on "He is a bad guy".

If he is impeached I hope he pardons everyone that Mueller convicted of BS stuff, including himself. Pense will be President and be swallowed up by the establishment.
or call (913) 226-3806

Tags
alternative facts, fake news, needs a safe space, not davebs president