Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Unread 2018-04-11, 05:01 PM   #76
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 88
Likes (Received): 354
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 20

Chiefs Host Former Lions and Rams OL Cornelius lucas on free agent visit. Lucas played OL at Kansas State
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-04-12, 10:07 AM   #77
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

NFL releases Chiefs' 2018 preseason schedule

The National Football League released its preseason schedule on Wednesday, and it won't take long for the Chiefs to face an old friend.

After a home game against the Houston Texans and a road game against the Atlanta Falcons, the Chiefs will head to Chicago in week three to face the Bears and new head coach Matt Nagy, who was the Chiefs' offensive coordinator in 2017 and had been on coach Andy Reid's staff since he arrived in Kansas City in 2013.

The Chiefs will then finish the preseason with a home game against the Green Bay Packers.

Dates and times for the contests will be announced at a later date. All four will be shown on KCTV5.

The NFL’s regular-season schedule likely will be announced soon as well. The league has announced it in mid-April the last two years.

The Chiefs already know that in addition to their annual home-and-away slate against their AFC West foes, they will have home games against the Cardinals, Ravens, Bengals, Jaguars and 49ers and road games against the Browns, Rams, Patriots, Steelers and Seahawks.

The NFL's preseason slate will begin Aug. 2 with the annual Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio. This year, the Bears will take on the Baltimore Ravens at 7 p.m.

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-04-15, 07:31 PM   #78
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Chiefs will sign former Cardinals running back Kerwynn Williams.
Unread 2018-04-19, 06:19 AM   #79
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Rams to Host Chiefs on Monday Night Football in Mexico

LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Rams will host a Monday Night Football game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Nov. 19 at Estadio Azteca in Mexico City, the team announced today. Kickoff is scheduled for 5:15 p.m. (Pacific Time) and will be televised by ESPN in the United States.

Monday Night Football will feature the Rams for the 60th time in the franchise’s history (27-32 overall record), with L.A.’s last appearance taking place during the 2016 season (at San Francisco, Week 1). The international contest also marks the Rams’ first regular-season game in Mexico and their first time ever facing the Chiefs in a primetime matchup.

Los Angeles will announce the remainder of their 2018 schedule on Thursday, April 19 at 5 p.m. (Pacific Time). For more information, please contact a member of the Los Angeles Rams communications department.

Unread 2018-04-19, 06:21 AM   #80
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Reggie Ragland leads Chiefs' reshaped crew at inside linebacker

Two years into an NFL career, he will asked not only to step up his game but become more of a team leader in the absence of a veteran presence.

Patrick Mahomes? Yes. But there is something of a defensive equivalent with inside linebacker Reggie Ragland.

The Chiefs see Ragland as an essential piece of defense that will feature several new parts, including at his position.

“He’s ready to take the next step,” defensive lineman Chris Jones said of Ragland.
Unlike Mahomes, who played one game as a rookie quarterback in 2017, Ragland appeared in 12 and started 10, and it wasn’t his first season as a professional.

But it was his first action after sitting out his rookie season with the Buffalo Bills. Ragland, a former SEC defensive player of the year at Alabama and the Bills’ second-round draft choice, torn an ACL early in training camp and spent his first pro year rehabilitating.
The Chiefs acquired Ragland for a 2019 fourth-round pick before last season, and he appeared in his first NFL game in the fourth week, against Washington.
Ragland is a run-stuffing linebacker who has faith he can play every down.
“I feel like I am underrated as a cover guy, but as a three-down guy you want to be the main guy out there calling everything, and you want to get the guys lined up,” Ragland said. “I did it in college, I did it in high school, so for me as a player I want to be on the field when it’s crunch time, and most of the time third down is when it’s crunch time.”
Also in the fold at inside linebacker is newcomer Anthony Hitchens, a free-agent signee who spent his first four years with the Dallas Cowboys, where he appeared in 60 games with 48 starts. During this week of volunteer workouts, Ragland and Hitchens have begun getting to know each other. The camaraderie actually started before then.

“I’d been texting with him since I signed here,” Hitchens said. “We actually went to the (Royals) game last Thursday, talked for seven innings, and then we ended up eating after that.”
Improving run defense becomes a priority for a defense that allowed 118 yards per game, which ranked 25th in the NFL. The numbers improved over the final few weeks of the regular season, not coincidentally that’s when Ragland said he had fully recovered from his injury.
“It wasn’t until we got to the Giants game (11th week),” he said, “that’s when my knee was feeling fine it stopped being tender.”
The Chiefs also have second-year pro Ukeme Eligwe and Terrance Smith at the position. Not there is Derrick Johnson, the team’s career tackles leader who hit the free-agency market in February and hasn’t signed.
Johnson may have lost a step last season as he recovered from his second Achilles injury, but he was a leader and a strong locker room presence, traits Ragland will look to mirror.

“Keep studying the game and learn to do it how he did it,” said Ragland, who remains in constant contact with Johnson.

Kevin Pierre-Louis, also part of the inside linebacker rotation last season, also has moved on as the Chiefs reshape a position that will feature Ragland.
“I’m very comfortable now,” Ragland said. “As far as the defense is concerned, I’m more comfortable now.”

Unread 2018-04-22, 07:06 AM   #81
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs suddenly have a crowd at running back

They’ve moved to fix that in recent weeks. The Chiefs signed two veteran backs, Damien Williams and Kerwynn Williams, and hope Spencer Ware can return from the knee injury that cost him all of last season.

They’ll join Hunt, who led the NFL in rushing as a rookie last season, and Charcandrick West, who led the Chiefs in rushing in 2015, to give Kansas City what appears to be a deep backfield.

"We’ve got a number of guys that have played and done well playing," Reid said. "In my mind and obviously in [general manager Brett Veach’s] mind, because he’s the one who did this, you can’t have enough of those guys. That’s a tough position and there was availability there. So we figured, listen, if we have a chance to get good players, let’s go ahead and better ourselves, let the competition be there and let’s see what happens.

"There’s going to be great competition right there. It’s going to be a pretty neat battle to watch."

Hunt will remain the starter. Reid has said the Chiefs would like to use Hunt more as a receiver. He was Kansas City’s leading receiver among backs with 53 catches, but he didn’t play a lot on third downs.

Otherwise, few things seem certain. Ware will have a role if he’s healthy. He rushed for 921 yards in 2016 to lead the Chiefs, but he injured his knee in the preseason last year and missed the whole regular season.

Some of the Chiefs’ activity at running back seems to be fueled by concerns that Ware won’t be ready to play when the regular season begins.

"I don’t know how much we’ll get him in [offseason practice] but he’ll be, I think, ready once we get to camp," Reid said.

Damien Williams and Kerwynn Williams both are four-year veterans, Damien with the Miami Dolphins and Kerwynn with the Arizona Cardinals. Neither has been a regular starter. Each has been effective at times, Damien mostly as a pass receiver. Kerwynn had his only career 100-yard game against the Chiefs in 2014.

West replaced the injured Charles as featured back in 2015. He lost the starting job to Ware the following season and was used mostly on third downs last year.

Unread 2018-04-22, 07:08 AM   #82
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Don't look for the Chiefs to change uniforms soon, if ever

President Mark Donovan inevitably is approached at NFL meetings and other gatherings by Nike officials hoping to convince him the time has come for the Kansas City Chiefs to change their uniform style.

Donovan’s answer is always the same: Not a chance.
While the Tennessee Titans this week unveiled their new look and the Miami Dolphins and Jacksonville Jaguars will soon follow, the Chiefs will stick with a uniform that’s stayed much the same since the team was founded in 1960 as the Dallas Texans of the old AFL.
The uniform worn by Spencer Ware and the rest of the Chiefs hasn't changed much since the franchise debuted in the AFL as the Dallas Texans. Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images

"If history holds true with the Hunt family, you’re not going to see many changes to the uniform -- nor would I argue for them, by the way,’’ Donovan said. “One of the things that makes our brand equity not unique but valuable is that we’re one of the very few that stuck to that tradition and honor that tradition.’’

The Chiefs added gold stripes around the jersey sleeves in the late 1960s and made the occasional modification with accessories like socks over the years. They changed the logo on their helmets in 1963 when the team moved to Kansas City and was renamed the Chiefs.

Otherwise, they could pass for the Texans 58 years ago. They don’t even alter anything for the Thursday night color rush games other than to go with their red pants with their red jerseys, a look that -- along with the red helmets -- makes the players look like giant hot dogs.

But that’s part of the organizational philosophy that started with founder Lamar Hunt and continued upon his death in 2006 when his son Clark became chairman.

“You get into the Thursday night color debate and you’re going to get strong opinions from a lot of different views on that,’’ Donovan said. “I actually like what we’ve done with the Thursday night games. I like the all-white [look]. I like the all-red. We’ve done some subtle things with socks to create our own take on it. I like that.

“I love some of the other teams’ jerseys and uniforms. I don’t like some of the other jerseys and uniforms on Thursday night. When you talk specifically about, ‘Could you sell more (jerseys by wearing alternate uniforms or changing the base uniform)?’ we have a lot of jerseys for sale that we don’t necessarily wear on the field: black jerseys, camo jerseys, red jerseys, white jerseys. There are a bunch of different color feels to that.’’

Donovan didn’t say the Chiefs would never change their uniforms. But he left the impression it’s highly unlikely in the foreseeable future, at least.

“I think it’s more important to us from a brand standpoint ... that we’re traditional,’’ he said.

Unread 2018-04-27, 10:04 PM   #83
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Kansas City Chiefs

2-46: Breeland Speaks, DE (Ole Miss)
3-75: Derrick Nnadi, DT (Florida State)
3-100: Dorian O’Daniel, LB (Clemson)

Chiefs current draft as of the end of the 3rd quarter. I don't know any of the guys and honestly don't know how they will do.

These are the remaining picks the chiefs have left for tomorrow:

4-124:
6-196:
7-233:
7-243:
Unread 2018-04-29, 05:46 PM   #84
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 101
Likes (Given): 704
Likes (Received): 455
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 3

stacking bodies on D

then trading up to get Raiders GM son lol
kellyrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-04-29, 09:47 PM   #85
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Only a matter of time. #Eagles losing assistant director of college scouting Michael Bradway to position w/Kansas City, per two league sources.

Bradway, who’s been with Eagles for seven years, teams back up with w/Chiefs GM Brett Veach, who came up thru Eagles scouting chain.
Unread 2018-04-30, 06:30 AM   #86
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2018 NFL Draft: Byron Pringle signs with Kansas City Chiefs
It’s a move that has drawn much praise from the considerable quantity of dual-fanbase fans.

Last night, former Kansas State wide receiver and kick returner Byron Pringle announced via Twitter that he has signed with the Kansas City Chiefs.

God you are truly amazing.Thank you @Chiefs for the opportunity this upcoming weekend

— Byron Pringle (@pringle_byron) April 29, 2018
The news was first reported by Terez Paylor, Chiefs beat writer for the Kansas City Star, to much excitement from the considerable number of K-State fans who are also fans of the Chiefs.

Pringle was expected to go in the last few rounds of the NFL Draft, but failed to get selected and then had the opportunity to pick up an offer from the Chiefs, who had shown interest in the 6’2”, 205lb Florida native.

The Chiefs went heavy on defense in the 2018 draft, and so far have only picked up one WR from the UDFA pool. With the addition of Pringle, the Chiefs continue to emphasize speed on the outside, and have added someone with the capability of taking some return load off of KC star Tyreek Hill.

Unread 2018-04-30, 06:31 AM   #87
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kansas City Chiefs get an A- draft grade

The draft grades for the Kansas City Chiefs are all over the place, with some analysts clearly unaware of how the Chiefs operate. This will clear things up.
If you happen to get your sports news from multiple sources, and I hope you do, You probably have no idea at how good or how bad the Kansas City Chiefs did during the 2018 NFL Draft. After careful analyzation of the draft and the experts that graded them, I give you an optimistic, yet realistic grade of my own.

An A- may seem like a bit of a stretch to some, but as you read along you will learn how the impressive grade came about. The Kansas City Chiefs did exactly what they wanted and needed to do during this draft. They needed to address the defensive side of the ball and that is exactly what they did, with every single pick.

It is important to understand how the Chiefs operate defensively. They have routinely rotated players into different positions, developing a somewhat hybrid style defense. In a draft full of hybrid style players, Kansas City is set to make some defensive noise during the 2018 season. A season which will be dominated by the potential of the offense.

Overall grade: A-
The Chiefs needed defensive bodies, now they have them. There is a good possibility that five of the six players taken see significant time on the playing field this season, which brings value to the grade immediately.

Kansas City needed help at the defensive end position, they have it. Another position of need was the outside linebacker spot opposite of Justin Houston. Check. The Chiefs needed safety help and they found it. A run stopping nose tackle was a huge concern, they found their guy there. Depth at the cornerback position was a must issue that the Chiefs needed to address, and they did so.

Kudos to Brett Veach for not straying away from the needs his team required. Another reason for this grade to be as high as I have it comes with the recent success the Chiefs have had in their past five drafts. They rank 2nd according to The New York Post.

There are some that will be quick to say current Browns general manager John Dorsey is the reason for that, but keep in mind that Veach was the director of player personnel during that time. He most definitely had a hand in choosing who the Chiefs were drafting.

The Chiefs didn’t have a first-round pick due to the trade in last years draft to move up for Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes would have likely gone first this year if he was thrown into the current mix of rookie quarterbacks. It’s hard not to consider this fact. The grade may have been higher if the players picked were true to their position. This is an experiment. One that might work wonders for the defense as it appears they are going to be throwing a plethora of looks at opposing offenses.

Unread 2018-04-30, 08:54 AM   #88
ReidStylez
Yahh Trick Yahh!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 947
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
2018 NFL Draft: Byron Pringle signs with Kansas City Chiefs
It’s a move that has drawn much praise from the considerable quantity of dual-fanbase fans.

Last night, former Kansas State wide receiver and kick returner Byron Pringle announced via Twitter that he has signed with the Kansas City Chiefs.

God you are truly amazing.Thank you @Chiefs for the opportunity this upcoming weekend

— Byron Pringle (@pringle_byron) April 29, 2018
The news was first reported by Terez Paylor, Chiefs beat writer for the Kansas City Star, to much excitement from the considerable number of K-State fans who are also fans of the Chiefs.

Pringle was expected to go in the last few rounds of the NFL Draft, but failed to get selected and then had the opportunity to pick up an offer from the Chiefs, who had shown interest in the 6’2”, 205lb Florida native.

The Chiefs went heavy on defense in the 2018 draft, and so far have only picked up one WR from the UDFA pool. With the addition of Pringle, the Chiefs continue to emphasize speed on the outside, and have added someone with the capability of taking some return load off of KC star Tyreek Hill.
He won't make it long in the NFL. Maybe a year or two, find a practice squad and then be done.
Unread 2018-04-30, 05:06 PM   #89
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReidStylez View Post
He won't make it long in the NFL. Maybe a year or two, find a practice squad and then be done.
why?
Unread 2018-05-01, 10:40 AM   #90
ReidStylez
Yahh Trick Yahh!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 947
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher View Post
why?
He was so up and down with K-State. Had major problems catching the ball. Hey may be able to make it as a ko or punt returner.
Unread 2018-05-01, 11:33 AM   #91
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The Kansas City Chiefs made three cuts Monday, according to the NFL’s transaction report.

TE Anthony Firkser, Harvard
NT Mike Purcell, Wyoming
DB Sheldon Price, UCLA
Unread 2018-05-02, 07:19 PM   #92
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs release safety Devin Chappell
Unread 2018-05-02, 07:20 PM   #93
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The Kansas City Chiefs will not pick up the 2019 fifth-year option on offensive lineman Cam Erving, according to Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network.
Unread 2018-05-02, 07:21 PM   #94
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Sources: the Browns are trading TE Randall Telfer to the Chiefs for LB Dadi Nicolas.
Unread 2018-05-03, 05:02 PM   #95
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Two more roster moves for the Chiefs. Waived for Missouri Tigers DT Josh Augusta and terminated the contract of vested veteran TE Orson Charles, per the NFL transaction report.
Unread 2018-05-04, 02:43 PM   #96
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Report: Raiders agree to terms with Derrick Johnson

The Oakland Raiders agreed to terms Friday with free-agent linebacker Derrick Johnson, a longtime member of the rival Kansas City Chiefs, according to NFL Network's Michael Silver.
Johnson had spent all 13 seasons of his NFL career in Kansas City, earning four trips to the Pro Bowl over that span. The 35-year-old saw action in 15 games last year, registering 71 tackles and one forced fumble.
The Raiders signed veteran linebacker Tahir Whitehead in free agency, but the position remains one of concern for Jon Gruden's crew as the offseason crawls along.

Unread 2018-05-04, 02:50 PM   #97
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 101
Likes (Given): 704
Likes (Received): 455
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 3

Fucking raiders
kellyrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-05-04, 05:54 PM   #98
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Less than 48 hours after the Chiefs acquired blocking tight end Randall Telfer from the Cleveland Browns for linebacker Dadi Nicolas, the deal collapsed ending with both players waived by their original teams.
Unread 2018-05-05, 11:11 AM   #99
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kansas City Chiefs: Meet your starting free safety, Armani Watts

The Kansas City Chiefs struck gold during the draft in nabbing safety Armani Watts. He should be a sure thing when it comes to starting week one.
Armani Watts was a steal in the fourth round of the 2018 NFL Draft. Watts was probably one of a few steals that the Kansas City Chiefs got away with on draft day. With Ron Parker gone, the free safety position is up for grabs, and Watts may already have it in his grasps.

Holes needed to be filled for the Kansas City Chiefs. Brett Veach and Andy Reid did just that through this draft. When the Chiefs selected Watts, the attention that the pick got put Watts in the spotlight, and he hasn’t disappointed in watching the film.

The knock on Watts was his tackling. Apparently, it was just the style of tackling that caused concerned. This kid can straight up play. He can defend deep, he can stop the run and boy can he stop the run nicely.

His college numbers as sweet as the Italian fashion brand he shares his name with. Over four years at Texas A&M he collected 324 total tackles, 24 for a loss. He snatched 10 interceptions and swatted away 17 others. Watts also forced seven fumbles and recovered five. These numbers are ludacris for a fourth-round pick.

The starting gig should be Watts for the taking his rookie year. He’s in a battle with last year’s sixth-round pick Leon McQuay III, new addition Robert Golden and Jordan Sterns. Armani appears to be head over heels more talented than all three combined and that’s not a knock on those three gentlemen at all.

Watts has a closing speed that’s just uncanny. As you will see in the video below, he comes out of nowhere to make some of these plays. He’s so fast to the ball, and when he gets there he usually comes strong. He does tend to play with reckless abandon, but his energy and aggressiveness are In a recent article by Jeff Shull of Gig Em Gazette, the FanSided site that covers Texas A&M, Shull wrote that Watts would be a perfect fit for the Kansas City Chiefs. Able to slide right in next to Pro Bowler Eric Berry, he can play deep as well as in the box and on blitz packages.

Unread 2018-05-05, 11:12 AM   #100
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kansas City Chiefs: Don’t be mad at Derrick Johnson

Kansas City Chiefs fans are full of angst after Derrick Johnson signed with the Oakland Raiders. Fans should not be upset with Johnson at all.
Kansas City Chiefs fans know the hurtful feeling all too well of longtime fan favorites signing with a division rival. It happened in the 1990s with Neil Smith, who wound up in Denver and won two Super Bowls with them. Not long after, Rich Gannon took his talents to Oakland and made it to a Super Bowl, but didn’t win it.

This time around, it’s longtime Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson who is causing a stir amongst Chiefs Kingdom. Adam Schefter broke the news on Thursday that Johnson was visiting the Raiders and on Friday, he signed with the black and silver.

I get the reason why Chiefs fans are upset, but this is a similar situation that fans faced with Jamaal Charles last year. In case you don’t remember, Charles was cut by the Chiefs and then went on to sign with the Broncos.

Quote:
Former Chiefs’ standout LB Derrick Johnson is visiting today with…the Raiders, per source.

If the Chiefs can draft Reggie McKenzie’s son, the Raiders can sign one of KC’s favorites.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 3, 2018

With Raiders expected to sign Derrick Johnson, as @MikeSilver noted, they now have cancelled Sunday’s previously scheduled visit with former Texans’ LB Brian Cushing.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 4, 2018
Charles’ situation, however, was a tad bit different in the fact that he said the whole “I’ve always wanted to be a Bronco” crap. Had he not done that, I don’t think Chiefs fans would have been as angry.

We all saw how ineffective Charles was in Denver last year and it honestly could be the same story for Johnson as a Raider this season. It wasn’t easy seeing Charles donning orange and blue, but at the end of the day, he was cut from the Chiefs for a reason. His replacement, Kareem Hunt, was ready to roll and he was missing a lot of games due to injury.

Johnson falls into the same category. While he still had some hard hits last season, he looked a lot slower and wasn’t the playmaker he once was on defense. The Chiefs saw a lot of production out of Reggie Ragland and he looked to be the answer at inside linebacker moving forward. For all of those reasons listed, Johnson was released by the Chiefs.

No other teams were interested in Johnson (at least not that we know of as of now), so he signed with the first team that brought him in, which was Oakland. Who could blame him for that? People who are mad about him signing with a rival need to understand that Johnson still wants to play football and he’s signing with the only team that offered him an opportunity to continue his career.