Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2019-01-15, 09:35 PM   #1
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Default New GHOSTBUSTERS

Movie Set In The Original Universe In The Works From Director Jason Reitman

We have some great news to shake away those Tuesday cobwebs! It's been announced that there's a new Ghostbusters movie on the way from Jason Reitman, and it'll be set in the same universe as the original.

Who you gonna call?

There's a new Ghostbusters movie on the way, and this one will be set in the same universe as the beloved original!

Details are sparse, but Entertainment Weekly reports that director Jason Reitman (Tully, The Front Runner) will helm the project, following on from the narrative that was established in his father Ivan Reitman's iconic horror comedy back in 1984.

“I’ve always thought of myself as the first Ghostbusters fan, when I was a 6-year-old visiting the set. I wanted to make a movie for all the other fans,” Reitman explains. “This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ‘80s happened in the ‘80s, and this is set in the present day.”

Reitman penned the script in secret (which is why we're only just hearing about the project) with with Monster House and Poltergeist remake director Gil Kenan. Specific story details are still under wraps, but we do know that the new team will consist of four teenagers, two male and two female.

The new Ghostbusters movie is expected to hit theaters during the Summer of 2020, and is scheduled to commence production in a few months.

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-01-21, 12:09 PM   #2
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6W3VQp9Cc8

GHOSTBUSTERS Star Ernie Hudson On Original Cast Returning For The New Film: "Everybody Is In"

Ernie Hudson, who played Winston Zeddemore in the 1980s classics, reportedly says that the "everybody is in" for the new sequel, suggesting the original cast could return. Reitman, you know who to call!

There's a lot of excitement surrounding the recently announced Ghostbusters movie, which was revealed to be a true sequel to the original two films. But a lot of the hype is riding on the hopes that the original cast will return for the movie - something which hasn't been confirmed nor denied as of yet.

However, speaking to Daily Mail, original Ghostbusters star Ernie Hudson, who played Winston Zeddemore in the 1980s movies, has reportedly revealed that at least all of the original stars are willing to return.

It should be noted that Hudson didn't confirm that the original cast is definitely returning, as the Daily Mail headline suggests; but rather, he said: "everybody is in."
"Ivan Reitman is there and everybody is in. Now whether the studio will do it, I'm the guy who sits by the phone and waits for the call. So if they call, I'll answer. If not, I've got other stuff that I'm doing.'"
Hudson and co-star Dan Akroyd (who played Ray Stantz) have already expressed a willingness to return on social media. The only one who hasn't commented on it is Bill Murray, but Hudson's comment has been interpreted by many media outlets to mean that even he's willing to return under the right circumstances.

Of course, the only original star who can't return is Harold Ramis, who passed away in 2014. Hudson had nothing but glowing praise for Ramis, who played Egon in the films but is confident the studio could still make it work.

Unread 2019-02-16, 08:02 PM   #3
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

You want some Ghostbusters 3 details? Good, because we’ve got some. First: according to Discussing Film, the Jason Reitman-directed sequel/reboot is set to start filming May 13, which is surprisingly soon. In addition to that, HN Entertainment has some new character descriptions for the two main characters:
UNNAMED (LEAD BOY 2) To play 12 years old. Slender, pale, dark hair, piercing blue eyes, aquiline features, high cheekbones, withdrawn. He’s prodigious — bright, witty, stubborn, and remains playful in spite of hardship. He is also a brilliantly quick thinker under pressure, is at ease with technology, and has a high facility for problem-solving.
UNNAMED (LEAD GIRL 2): To play 13 years old. Fun-loving, a bit of an airhead. Always curious, haunted, charmed, dazed.
These descriptions are more or less in line with what we’ve heard in the past regarding the plot, which involves some precocious kids getting involved with bustin’ ghosts. Since May is right around the corner, I imagine we’ll start learning even more about this project soon.

Unread 2019-02-20, 01:24 AM   #4
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

'Ghostbusters' Sequel Director Claims Film Will Be a "Love Letter" to the Original Films

Ghostbusters fans were shocked earlier this year when a sequel was announced that would be set in the universe of the original films, directed and co-written by Jason Reitman, son of the director of those films, Ivan Reitman. The filmmaker recently commented on his plans for the upcoming film, teasing that it will deliver a film that fans have been wanting to see for decades.

“This is going to be a love letter to Ghostbusters. I love this franchise. I grew up watching it. I consider myself the first Ghostbusters fan," Reitman shared with the Bill Burr Monday Morning podcast. "I was like seven years old when that movie came out and I love it. I want to make a movie for my fellow Ghostbusters fans.”

It has been a dark time for fans of the franchise in recent years for a number of reasons. Following the announcement that there would be a gender-swapped reboot of the franchise from director Paul Feig starring Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, Kristen Wiig, and Melissa McCarthy, a subset of fans were enraged at the notion that any new performers could capture the magic of the original cast. When the first trailer arrived, campaigns were launched to make it the most disliked video on YouTube, which coincided with explicitly sexist campaigns against the reboot.

Once the film was released, the new Ghostbusters scored an impressive $229 million worldwide while earning 74 percent positive reviews as calculated by review aggregator site Rotten Tomatoes. These numbers might be impressive for your average film, but with the immense popularity of the brand, these numbers fell short of expectations, essentially ending the reboot universe before it could get any follow-up films.

This new film could revive interest in the franchise, as Reitman went on to explain that the studio was seemingly so impressed with his take on the material, even he was surprised to discover he would be allowed to move forward with his vision.

“I wrote the film in secret with my writing partner Gil Kena. We wrote it over the last year while we were finishing up Frontrunner and we turned it in December," the filmmaker recalled. "And I have to admit my presumption was it was going to be like any studio film that I had heard about where they do years of rewrites and they grind it into the ground and it never happens. I was fully prepared for this year to be a year of maybe taking a little time off and doing rewrites on Ghostbusters and instead, the studio read the first draft and said, ‘Yeah, go make it.'”

Unread 2019-02-21, 06:22 PM   #5
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

I'm Already Sick of This

I thought we were finally free. The 2016 Ghostbusters movie was released, it exists. Now, there’s going to be another Ghostbusters movie. Sure, it’s not going to connect to the 2016 movie, which kind of blows, but it’s not a big deal. Really, it’s fine. Everything’s fine. Or at least it was. For some reason, or no reason at all, this is all becoming a thing again. And I hate it.

Earlier this week, Ghostbusters 3 director Jason Reitman earned a bit of an eye roll when he told The Playlist that his upcoming movie would be handing Ghostbusters “back to the fans,” also noting that he’s “not making the Juno of Ghostbusters movies” (he also directed Juno).

“This is going to be a love letter to Ghostbusters,” said Reitman, son of Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman. “I love this franchise. I grew up watching it. I consider myself the first Ghostbusters fan. I was like seven years old when that movie came out and I love it. I want to make a movie for my fellow Ghostbusters fans.”

This might sound innocuous enough—if you weren’t aware of the months upon months of backlash against the 2016 Ghostbusters movie, which reinterpreted the franchise with an all-female cast. Certain groups, largely consisting of male fans of the original Ghostbusters, contributed to an online campaign against the film and those who supported it. This included down-voting trailers, tanking review sites, and harassing director Paul Feig and the film’s stars online—notably Leslie Jones, who faced a huge amount of racist and sexist trolls.

Given the climate surrounding this franchise, saying you’re giving the movie “back to the fans” after everything those so-called “fans” did, is bad PR at best and dog-whistling at worst. Reitman seemed to realize this and made a statement.

Quote:
Wo, that came out wrong! I have nothing but admiration for Paul and Leslie and Kate and Melissa and Kristen and the bravery with which they made Ghostbusters 2016. They expanded the universe and made an amazing movie!
— Jason Reitman (@JasonReitman) February 21, 2019

Director of the 2016 film, Paul Feig, stepped in to defend Reitman writing, “Jason was a supporter of mine at a time when I couldn’t get movies made. He has always been a true gentleman to me and a supporter of Ghostbusters: Answer the Call. I can’t wait to see his take on the Ghostbusters universe. Big love and respect to you, Jason. Your fan, Paul.”

Reitman’s follow up was all well and good, but in some ways, it feels a little too late. The online conversation has already started, and it’s already terrible.

I fully believe that both movies can exist—one already does. They don’t have to connect or validate each other, nor does one have to insult or negate the existence of the other. They’re movies. Who cares?

The next Ghostbusters movie isn’t coming out for another year, but it’s clear that this is going to be the conversation the entire time we’re waiting for the damn thing. I thought we were free of this, and I’m annoyed as hell that we’re not. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to mute the word Ghostbusters from my Twitter feed. Y’all can yell about it amongst yourselves. I’m done.

Unread 2019-02-26, 05:46 PM   #6
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

GHOSTBUSTERS Director Jason Reitman Clarifies Reboot Comments; Earns Support Of Paul Feig And Melissa McCarthy

Following the backlash from Leslie Jones and devoted fans of the 2016's GHOSTBUSTERS: ANSWER THE CALL, Reitman clarifies his intentions for the latest reboot, with Feig and McCarthy excited for the sequel.

When the surprise Ghostbusters sequel was announced earlier this year, fans of the property were generally curious of what it would offer. The reboot, which would follow the continuity of the first two films, is in the hands of Jason Reitman, taking the reins from his father Ivan Reitman, who started the franchise in 1984. With the core cast of the classic possibly returning with a major presence, fans have several reasons to be excited for the Summer 2020 film.

Recently, many have come out to confront Universal for ignoring the 2016 iteration entirely and throwing it away for another reboot, including star Leslie Jones. Unlike her co-star, Melissa McCarthy, who portrays Abby Yates, has nothing but excitement for the film.
I'm for anybody who's making movies. I talked to Jason about it, he's just always had this idea, and his goes back to the world where the guys did exist and I'm like, 'I want to see that.' I'm all for it. I say like, 'Tell the story.'
Even Paul Feig, director of the Wiig-McKinnon film, has shown outpouring support for the upcoming film. Reitman, also went on to praise Answer The Call, having to clarify his comments that other fans misinterpreted as shade towards Feig's iteration. One thing is for sure, both filmmakers are definitive class acts.

Unread 2019-02-26, 06:00 PM   #7
xXSTi-lynXx

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 222
Thanks (Received): 136
Likes (Given): 1228
Likes (Received): 1046
Dislikes (Given): 69
Dislikes (Received): 83

Im excited to see this, I was a hardcore Ghostbusters kid, had the proton pack, trap, slime gun, full jumpsuit etc etc.
Was obessed.

I walked out 20min into GB 3 (girl Ghostbusters) I hope this helps gives some much needed redemption for the franchise.
Unread 2019-03-01, 06:50 PM   #8
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Jason Reitman’s Ghostbusters Adds Carrie Coon and Finn Wolfhard

Jason Reitman’s Ghostbusters Adds Carrie Coon and Finn Wolfhard

There are still a lot of mixed feelings about Jason Reitman’s upcoming continuation of his father’s original Ghostbusters franchise. But if the latest casting announcements are true, it might be a little easier to get on board with the reboot. According to Variety, The Leftovers‘ Carrie Coon and Stranger Things’ Finn Wolfhard have entered negotiations to star in the new film.
The report indicates that Coon and Wolfhard will play a single mother and her son, respectively. Apparently, Reitman was hesitant to cast Wolfhard, given Stranger Things’ similarities and references to Ghostbusters. The show’s most recent season memorably featured him and his young castmates dressed up as the team for Halloween. Despite this, Reitman quickly changed his mind after being “blown away” by the actor’s audition.

Apart from Stranger Things, Wolfhard appeared as Richie Tozier in 2017’s It. He’ll next be seen in Warner Bros.’ adaptation of Donna Tartt’s The Goldfinch. He will also lend his voice to new animated versions of Carmen Sandiego and The Addams Family. Additionally, Wolfhard has his own band, Calpurnia, which released its debut EP last year.
Coon was seen as Proxima Midnight (a member of Thanos’ Black Order) in Avengers: Infinity War. She also stars on USA’s The Sinner, and previously earned an Emmy nomination in 2017 for her work on FX’s Fargo.
Reitman is directing Ghostbusters from a script he co-wrote with Gil Kenan. The film will start production this summer and is currently targeting a 2020 release date.
Are you excited to see Wolfhard and Coon in the movie? Do you have any theories about their characters’ connections to the series’ original stars? Give us your impressions in the comment section below!

Unread 2019-03-06, 08:40 PM   #9
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Ernie Hudson Reportedly Returning For 'Ghosbusters' Sequel

At the beginning of the year, it was announced that Jason Reitman would be following in his father’s footsteps by taking on a new Ghostbusters film, which is expected to be a direct sequel to the original two films from 1984 and 1989.

It’s been speculated that (most of) the entire original cast would be returning for the film, and it looks like that could include Ernie Hudson AKA Winston Zeddemore.

A recent report from Deadline about Hudson’s upcoming guest role on Arrow mentions that Hudson is signed on for Ghostbusters 3. While this could just be speculation, fans are hoping it’s confirmation that the beloved actor will be a part of the film. This is especially true considering Hudson told The Johnny Dare Morning Show back in January that no one had approached him about the movie yet.

“I don’t know. Nobody has approached me with a contract,” Hudson explained. “I think the Ghostbusters fans have been wanting [a ‘passing of the torch’] dynamic to happen, so I know whatever happens is going to be in that tradition… I’m excited about that. I’d be more excited if they called me and offered me a job, but no matter what happens the fact that they’re doing it is really cool.”

We suspect that Hudson will be on board considering he was one of the original cast members to cameo in Paul Feig's 2016 Ghostbusters reboot (although he did not return as Zeddemore).

While the original cast is expected to return, the only current names featured on the cast list are Carrie Coon (Avengers: Infinity War, The Leftovers) and Finn Wolfhard (Stranger Things, It). Plot details are currently scarce, but sources are saying that the film will focus on a single mom and her family. According to Variety, it is currently assumed Wolfhard will play the son and Coon to play the mother.
Reitman has said, however, that he plans on making this an homage to the original films.

“This is going to be a love letter to Ghostbusters. I love this franchise. I grew up watching it. I consider myself the first Ghostbusters fan," Reitman shared with the Bill Burr Monday Morning podcast. "I was like seven years old when that movie came out and I love it. I want to make a movie for my fellow Ghostbusters fans.”

While Hudson has not officially announced his part in the new Ghostbusters, the veteran actor does have other projects for you to look forward to. In addition to appearing in the Arrow episode "Spartan," which will air on April 8th, the actor is also in production for multiple films and shows. He was expected to appear in the upcoming Bad Boys' spin-off series, L.A.’s Finest, but the fate of the series is currently in question after a terrible on-set accident.

Unread 2019-06-27, 03:45 PM   #10
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Rudd Answers the Call for ‘Ghostbusters’ 2020 Sequel

Following confirmation earlier this month that most of the original cast of Ghostbusters has been lined up to reprisetheir roles for the sequel coming in 2020, the new movie has brought in a newcomer.
The all-around delightful Paul Rudd, known for everything from Clueless to Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, has landed a role in Ghostbusters 2020, which seems to be the working title for the movie for the time being. Find out who he’s playing below.
Variety has word on Paul Rudd joining the Ghostbusters 2020 cast. Funnily enough, Paul Rudd had been rumored to be part of Ghostbusters 3 from time to time when rumors of the sequel popped up over the years. However, if you were hoping to see him put on a Ghostbusters jumpsuit, you might be disappointed. In Ghostbusters 2020, Rudd will be playing a teacher. The actor confirmed his involvement with a fun video in front of a familiar location in New York City:

Ghostbusters@Ghostbusters

Look who accepted the call. #GB20
11:00 AM - Jun 27, 2019

8,940 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

That’s all we know about Paul Rudd’s role in Ghostbusters 2020 right now. But we can safely assume that he’ll be interacting with Finn Wolfhard and/or Mckenna Grace, the young new co-stars who will probably ending up picking up a proton pack and busting some ghosts. Joining them is also Carrie Coon, playing Wolfhard’s mother in the movie.
As for how the new characters tie into the original Ghostbusters franchise, that’s something we’re still waiting to find out. Director Jason Reitman, who is taking over the Ghostbusters series from his father Ivan Reitman, has been playing things very close to the vest. At Ghostbusters Fan Fest earlier this month, he hinted that not even the new characters know of their connection to some of the legacy characters from the first two films.
But Reitman is very much eager to work with Rudd on Ghostbusters 2020. The director said, “I’ve been wanting to work with Paul Rudd since my short film opened for Wet Hot American Summer at Sundance. I’m thrilled he’ll be joining this new chapter in the original Ghostbusters universe.” How’s that for some indie history?
As for the original cast, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver and even Annie Potts are all supposed to come back in some capacity. There’s been no word on Rick Moranis reprising his role, but if anyone could convince him, all these folks probably could.
Production in Ghostbusters 2020 is meant to start in a few weeks, and hopefully well hear more soon.

Unread 2019-07-08, 06:06 PM   #11
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

GHOSTBUSTERS 2020 Rounds Out Its Cast With Newcomers Celeste O’Connor And Logan Kim

Jason Reitman's Ghostbusters has added two up-and-coming actors to its ensemble cast. We have no details on their characters, but Celeste O’Connor And Logan Kim will be suiting up with Carrie Coon and co.

Sony Pictures and director Jason Reitman have rounded out the cast of their new Ghostbusters movie with a pair of young up-and-coming actors.

According to Variety, Celeste O’Connor and Logan Kim have signed on to star in key roles, although no details on their characters were provided. They'll join Paul Rudd, Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, and Mckenna Grace in the film, which is being envisioned as a follow-up to the original movies.

Sigourney Weaver, Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd are also expected to reprise their roles, but that hasn't been confirmed.

“Celeste and Logan are rare talents and we’re all grateful that they’ll be lending their unique voices to ‘GB20,'” Reitman said in a statement.

This will mark Kim's first major movie role, but O'Connor has appeared in Sundance fave Selah and the Spades, Netflix's Irreplaceable You and indie flick Wetlands.

Unread 2019-07-14, 07:00 PM   #12
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

‘Ghostbusters 2020’ First Look: Jason Reitman Reveals the Film’s Family As Production Begins

Before the weekend, Ghostbusters 2020 director Jason Reitman teased the return of the Ecto-1 with a photo showing that the paranormal investigation wagon probably needed a little love to get it back into shape. But he saved an even better look at the forthcoming sequel for later in the day with a Ghostbusters 2020 first look photo revealing cast members Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace and Carrie Coon as the family at the center of the story. Check it out below.
Ghostbusters 2020 First Look Photo

Mckenna Grace looks like she’ll make quite the new Ghostbusters, which is good since Reitman’s entire inspiration for this movie came when he envisioned a 12-year old girl sporting a proton pack. Grace has a look that feels reminiscent of Egon Spengler in the original Ghostbusters. Is there any chance that this family turns out to be connected to Harold Ramis’ character? Perhaps he had an estranged daughter who never knew him.
As you can see in the photo posted to Twitter, the film’s working title is Rust City. That title was used to develop the project in secret, but if you zoom into that photo, you’ll notice that the trademark ghost logo from the original Ghostbusters is peaking out from behind that triangle in the title on the slate.
The slate also reveals that Eric Steelberg is acting as director of photography on the movie. He’s worked with Jason Reitman on nearly every single one of his movies, from Juno in 2007 to last year’s Tully. The only movie that Steelberg didn’t shoot for Reitman was his directorial debut Thank You for Smoking.
Aside from the main characters at the center of Ghostbusters 2020, this photo is also a family affair because original Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman is there on set with his son. The senior Reitman is only producing this time, but he’s been preparing the young Reitman for this job his whole life. In case you missed it, Jason Reitman gave quite a touching tribute to his father when the two of them showed never-before-seen production footage to attendees of Ghostbusters Fan Fest.
So it’s safe to say that production is underway, and since Reitman’s photo of the Ecto-1 from earlier in the day indicated that he’s up in Calgary, Alberta in Canada, that’s likely where this neighborhood shot comes from. Maybe we’ll get some spy photos from the set to reveal even more from the movie. Then again, maybe Jason Reitman will keep updating us with photos from the set, especially when the sequel’s legacy cast members start showing up. Stay tuned for more.

Unread 2019-08-06, 03:50 PM   #13
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Ghostbusters 2020 Set Photos Feature Rusted Ecto-1 & Stay Puft Reference

New set photos from Ghostbusters 2020 feature a rusty Ecto-1 as well as a reference to the infamous Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Released in 1984, the original Ghostbusters followed the comedic exploits of a quartet of paranormal exterminators trying to save New York from a massive outbreak of supernatural activity. The unlikely success of that first Ghostbusters movie paved the way for a 1989 sequel, Ghostbusters II, that performed well at the box office but fell short in the eyes of many fans.
A third Ghostbusters movie would afterward often be discussed as a possibility but remained only a pipe dream, until plans were made for a reboot film that took place in a different universe and gender swapped the main Ghostbusters team. Unfortunately, the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot only created massive backlash and ultimately failed at the box office, putting the future of the franchise very much in doubt. However, in early 2019 Jason Reitman, son of original Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman and an Oscar-nominated filmmaker in his own right, announced surprise plans for a new Ghostbusters movie set in the original universe and involving a new crew of teenage Ghostbusters. Filming on Ghostbusters 2020 is currently underway in Calgary, Alberta with a cast headed up by Finn Wolfhard, McKenna Grace, Carrie Coon and Paul Rudd.

Understandably, fans are eager to know anything they can find out about Reitman’s new Ghostbusters movie, and those fans are in luck as several set photos have leaked to the internet providing a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the on-going Calgary shoot (via the Instagram accounts Nerd Nook and holisticmashedpotatoes). One set of photos features the rusted Ecto-1 as seen in previous teases while another set highlights a callback to the infamous Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. See the images in the space below:

As seen in the new photos as well as the previous teases, the Ecto-1 in the new movie is in bad shape from having been stored in a barn for several decades. The fact that the converted hearse is being shown on the street here confirms that it indeed comes out of the barn at some point and gets back to work. The second set of photos confirms that Mr. Stay Puft, the marshmallow mascot who came to life in giant form in the original Ghostbusters and menaced Manhattan, will at least get a shout out in the new movie. Not featured in the new images are any original Ghostbusters cast members, though Sigourney Weaver has said she's returning, and director Reitman himself confirmed that he's given the script to Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson.
These new Ghostbusters 2020 images certainly don’t give away anything new about plot, but they do provide a nice nostalgic tease for fans who can’t wait to see a Ghostbusters sequel that properly picks up the story from the original films. It remains to be seen if this newest attempt at bringing back Ghostbusters truly satisfies the fans, or again leaves them feeling that their hopes have been dashed.

Unread 2019-09-16, 04:57 PM   #14
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Ghostbusters 2020: Ivan Reitman Shares Details on Paul Rudd's Character

Paul Rudd will trade in Pym Particles for a proton pack next year when he stars in Ghostbusters 2020. While his character hasn't been named yet, producer Ivan Reitman -- who also directed the first two films in the franchise -- has given some details regarding Rudd's role in the upcoming movie.

In an interview with ETonline, Reitman described Rudd's character as a "seismologist who's come to this small town because they've been having mysterious earthquakes. He's also teaching summer school there." However, Reitman did not reveal any more information regarding Rudd's character. It was stated earlier this year that Rudd's character would be a teacher when the actor joined the film.

Aside from providing new information about Rudd's character, Reitman's words also add flesh out the plot of the film a little more. This description hints at a much more powerful and sinister force behind the aforementioned earthquakes, which could be a threat to the town.

Ghostbusters 2020 is directed by Jason Reitman, who also co-wrote the film with Gil Kenan. The film stars Finn Wolfhard, Carrie Coon, Paul Rudd and Mckenna Grace. The film is scheduled for release on July 20, 2020.

Unread 2019-09-16, 09:29 PM   #15
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Dan Aykroyd Is Officially Back For Ghostbusters 2020

Even though Dan Aykroyd spoiled the existence of a Ghostbusters sequel well before the announcement, his return wasn’t officially confirmed by the studio. But during a recent appearance on The Joe Rogan Experience, Aykroyd didn’t bother waiting for a studio announcement.
Via The Hollywood Reporter, Aykroyd said “I’m not in the pictures so much anymore. We’ve got the Ghostbusters movie that we’re working on now and I will have to be performing in that. Ivan Reitman’s son Jason has written a new movie called [Ghostbusters 2020] It will be all, most of the original people and then young stars.”

Aykroyd co-wrote the original Ghostbusters film and co-starred as Ray Stantz. He reprised his role on the big screen in Ghostbusters 2, and more recently lent his voice and likeness to Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

Although most of the original film’s stars are expected to return, Akyroyd seemed to suggest that Bill Murray has not been locked in for a cameo. Instead, Akyroyd shared his hope that Murray will return. Besides Akyroyd, only Sigourney Weaver has said she will appear in the sequel. But Ernie Hudson is also a safe bet.

Ghostbusters 2020 will star Carrie Coon and Paul Rudd in leading roles. So far, all we know about Coon’s character is she’s a single mother. Mckenna Grace and Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard are co-starring as the children of Coon’s character. Sony Pictures will release Ghostbusters 2020 on July 10, 2020.

Are you glad to hear that Akyroyd is officially back for Ghostbusters 2020? Let us know in the comment section below!

Unread 2019-10-20, 06:09 PM   #16
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

GHOSTBUSTERS 2020 Wraps Filming; Check Out A New Photo Of The Movie's Principal Cast

Up-and-coming actress Mckenna Grace (Captain Marvel) has revealed via Twitter that her upcoming movie, Ghostbusters 2020, has finally wrapped filming and has also released a fun new cast photo.

Ghostbusters 2020 has wrapped filming, according the film's leading lady Mckenna Grace (Captain Marvel) who has shared a fun photo of herself with director Jason Reitman (The Front Runner), producer Ivan Reitman (Ghostbusters) and co-stars Carrie Coon (Avengers: Endgame), Finn Wolfhard (It Chapter Two) and Logan Kim.

Additionally, Paul Rudd (Avengers: Endgame), Bokeem Woodbine (Spider-Man: Homecoming) and newcomer Celeste O'Connor (Wetlands) have been cast in key roles.

The upcoming sequel to the first two films will also bring back the franchise's original stars: Bill Murray as Peter Venkman, Dan Aykroyd as Raymond Stantz, Ernie Hudson as Winston Zeddemore, Sigourney Weaver as Dana Barrett and Annie Potts as Janine Melnitz.

Jason Reitman, who takes the directing reigns from his father, also penned the film's script.

Unread 2019-11-11, 04:59 PM   #17
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

New GHOSTBUSTERS 2020 Film Reportedly Headed To The AFTERLIFE According To Possible Title

The 2020 Ghostbusters film has been referred to as GB20 but a new report states that the film will be titled Ghostbusters: Afterlife. What do you think of this as a potential title for the sequel/reboot?

According to Italian pop-culture website BadTaste.IT the title of the new Ghostbusters film will be Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

The Jason Reitman-directed (who is the son of original director Ivan Reitman) 2020 Ghostbusters film is scheduled to be released in the United States on July 10, 2020 by Sony. The film will star newcomers Mckenna Grace, Finn Wolfhard, Carrie Coon, Paul Rudd, Logan Kim, Celeste O’ Connor, Bokeem Woodbine and Oliver Cooper. Reprising their roles from 1984's Ghostbusters and 1989's Ghostbusters II are Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver and Annie Potts reprising their roles from the first two films.

To date, all the only reveals from the project have been a smattering of cast previews and the below teaser poster and trailer. Filming recently wrapped in October after 68 days.

Unread 2019-12-03, 02:19 PM   #18
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

GHOSTBUSTERS 2020 Title Confirmed; First Trailer Expected To Be Released Any Day Now

The official title for the next Ghostbusters movie has finally been confirmed, while a BBFC listing points to the first teaser trailer coming our way any day now. Find out more details after the jump...

Last month, an Italian site claimed that Jason Reitman's Ghostbusters reboot will be titled Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Now, it appears as if that's been confirmed thanks to a British Board of Film Classification listing which also reveals that the first trailer will run for 2 minutes, 28 seconds.

With the likes of Jumanji: The Next Level and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker on the way, it's going to be a busy month for trailers and this one should be with us in time for the former.

The last Ghostbusters reboot (a female-led effort from director Paul Feig) was controversial to say the least but this effort is set to serve as a sequel of sorts to 1989's Ghostbusters II. A number of original cast members will reprise their classic roles but the focus will be put on a new cast which includes Finn Wolfhard, Carrie Coon, Paul Rudd, and Mckenna Grace

There's still a lot of excitement surrounding this "sequel," though, and our first look at Afterlife promises to be very interesting as the pressure is on Reitman to deliver something special.

Unread 2019-12-06, 07:50 PM   #19
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE Poster, Stills, And Story Details Revealed; First Trailer Arrives On Monday!

Plot details for director Jason Reitman's new Ghostbusters movie have finally been revealed, while we also have a teaser poster, official stills, and intel on when you'll be able to see the first trailer!

Vanity Fair has shared the first images from Ghostbusters: Afterlife and we now know that the movie is going to follow Callie (Carrie Coon), her science-obsessed daughter Phoebe (Mckenna Grace), and mechanics loving son Trevor (Finn Wolfhard) as they move to a small Oklahoma town after inheriting a property from Callie's estranged father.

Unlike the 2016 reboot, this movie will be set in the same world as the original Ghostbusters movies and the main link will be the "Manhattan Crossrip," a "technical term for that long-ago bizarre incident in New York involving an apocalypse-summoning skyscraper, a gargantuan killer marshmallow man, and four working stiffs who managed to fight back against an ancient Sumerian God named Gozer." How much do you want to be that Callie's dad is an original cast member?

After all, the house they inherit is packed full of links back to the team and according to director Jason Reitman, "Trevor and Phoebe are about to find out who their grandfather was and whether they’re ready to pick up the proton pack themselves." Their teacher, Mr. Grooberson, was a kid when the "Manhattan Crossrip" occurred and is set to serve as a metor of sorts.

It all sounds like it could make for a fun time and with these first official images comes a brand new poster. Oh, and the teaser trailer has now been confirmed for release this coming Monday!

To check out the Ghostbusters: Afterlife stills, hit the "View List" button below.

Unread 2019-12-07, 05:47 PM   #20
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

How Ghostbusters: Afterlife Connects to the Original Movie

With Ghostbusters: Afterlife set to bring the iconic franchise next year, new details have started to emerge about the film and its relationship to the larger Ghostbusters world. With the first trailer for the film set to be released next week, several photos and details about the plot have been officially released, and they're starting to paint a revealing picture of the upcoming film.

As confirmed by Vanity Fair, the film is set in the continuity of director Ivan Reitman's original 1984 film, unlike the 2016 Paul Feig directed reboot which set its action in a different universe. In the upcoming film, director Jason Reitman will pick up on one of the threads from the original movie, the Manhattan Crossrip. From the giant Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man to the stream-crossing final act that saved the day, the climax of the original film will have some sort of connection to the new movie, which takes place 36 years later.

While the Manhattan Crossrip will have a presence in the film, Afterlife won't be set in New York. As early teasers have suggested, the film will primarily take place in a more rural area with plenty of farmland. The film will follow a family that includes mother Callie (The Leftovers’ Carrie Coon), her son Trevor (Stranger Things' Finn Wolfhard), and her daughter Phoebe (I, Tonya’s McKenna Grace). While the farm has some ties to the family, it's also where the Ecto-1, the iconic Ghostbusters van is ended up in a state of disrepair.

Reitman strongly suggested that Callie is the daughter of one of the original four Ghostbusters.

“As the family arrives at an old farm, they begin to discover their connection to the original Ghostbusters,” Jason Reitman told Vanity Fair. “Trevor and Phoebe are about to find out who their grandfather was and whether they’re ready to pick up the proton pack themselves.”
While the director didn't say who the family was related to, it's worth noting though, that Coon, Wolfhard and Grace all bear a resemblance to the original film’s Egon, portrayed by the late Harold Ramis. Since Ramis co-wrote the film with Dan Akroyd, this could be a way to address his missing presence.

Ernie Hudson, Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Sigourney Weaver and Annie Potts are all confirmed to be reprising their roles, while Rick Moranis (whose acting credits have mainly been limited to voice-over roles the last few years) isn’t likely to be returning.

While the article doesn’t reveal if these ghost-busting Manhattanites will travel to the old farm town, it offers an intriguing take on how modern people view the Manhattan Crossrip. Apparently younger generations aren’t entirely sure it even happened, but there will be another new character in Ghostbusters: Aftermath who has a link to the incident.

Paul Rudd will play Mr. Grooberson, Trevor and Phoebe's teacher who has a fixation with the Manhattan Crossrip. He was a kid when it happened, but thinks about it constantly and wants to pass on what he remembers to younger generations. One picture even shows him holding an authentic. antique ghost trap, which clearly hasn’t been used for decades.

At the moment, it's not clear if this film simply isn't addressing the events of Ghostbusters II or ignoring that film altogether, Afterlife seems to be actively trying to summon the spirit of the original film/

Unread 2019-12-09, 01:45 PM   #21
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE Trailer Brings Ghosts Back Into The Real World...Along With A Familiar Face!

The first trailer for Ghostbusters: Afterlife has been released, and it's clear that this is going to be a very, very different movie to the 2016 effort from Paul Feig. Check it out after the jump...

These kids ain't afraid of no ghosts! Although that's probably because they don't even know they exist, which is evident from what we see in this first trailer for Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

Interestingly, it's also revealed that spirits haven't been seen for thirty years, even though 1980s New York was pretty much The Walking Dead according to Paul Rudd's character. However, things change when Phoebe (Mckenna Grace) and Trevor (Finn Wolfhard) uncover their grandfather's secret stash of Ghost-busting gear (he was clearly an original member) and ghosts once again start roaming the Earth.

Look closely in the final few moments of this teaser and you'll notice that they appear to be chasing down the iconic Slimer!

This is clearly a very different beast to the female-led 2016 reboot both visually and tonally. That's no bad thing based on the reaction to that effort from Paul Feig, of course, and it looks like this sequel will be a fun ride. After all, Bill Murray's narration makes it apparent that this is connected to the original films, and that's obviously going to be welcomed by fans.

Conspicuous by its absence? The classic Ghostbusters theme!

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZFCF--uRY

Unread 2019-12-09, 01:46 PM   #22
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE Trailer Screenshots Are A Must-See - Providing You Ain't Afraid Of No Ghosts

We've compiled an awesome gallery of hi-res trailer screenshots from the first Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer which offer a closer look at all those key moments and possible Easter Eggs. Check them out...

Earlier today, Sony Pictures released the first trailer for Ghostbusters: Afterlife, andfans of the franchise seem to be very happy with what they've seen so far (especially as the goofy tone of the 2016 reboot is nowhere to be found and it's more in line with the original two movies).

With the new lead characters related to one of the original Ghostbusters and Easter Eggs aplenty - including the apparent return of Slimer - it seems fair to say that this sequel has the potential to be something very special indeed. Not everyone is going to love the focus on child actors, of course, but the addition of Paul Rudd arguably more than makes up for that.

Now, we've rounded up a massive gallery of hi-res screenshots from the Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer so you guys can take a closer look at all the biggest moments and nods to the classic films.

To check out these images, all you guys need to do is click on the "View List" button below!

Unread 2019-12-09, 01:47 PM   #23
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Unread 2019-12-09, 01:47 PM   #24
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like