Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2018-09-14, 03:10 PM   #826
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

LAP3 USA 4 hrs ·

LAP3 Pro-Tuner - Kia Stinger work-log on a brand new dynojet we just installed!
465.7ps/67.5kgm (458WHP/488ft-lbs) @ 19psi
93 octane, Intake, Downpipe, Catback

More to come! *see photos*
Join LAP3 Performance page to see more!
www.lap3usa.com

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-09-18, 12:45 PM   #827
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

widebody in S. Korea

Unread 2018-09-18, 12:58 PM   #828
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

First Look: Kia Stinger D-AWD
Revised all-wheel-drive system adds dollops of fun into a daily driver

NAMYANG, South Korea – When the Kia Stinger was launched, there were two very different versions. The first was the 2.0-litre rear-drive car complete with its full-on drift mode. The second was the 3.3L V6 twin-turbo GT and its all-wheel-drive system. The latter delivered the level of grip needed to tackle inclement road conditions with tenacity. This, obviously, ruled out any drifting possibilities.
As with most things in life, it is all about evolution — incremental steps that make the next-generation better than the previous. In this case, it is the new dynamic all-wheel-drive or D-AWD that’s set to debut in Stinger GT. The revised system has the latitude to make the GT both a drift car and a foul-weather conqueror. That’s not easy given the bandwidth needed to accommodate two very divergent disciplines. The next-gen system accomplishes both with remarkable ease, and the only real physical change is the addition of the mechanical limited-slip differential from the rear-drive Stinger. The rest is done through the magic of computing.

stinger 02 First Look: Kia Stinger D AWD
Kia Stinger D-AWD Kia

The D-AWD’s driving characteristics are changed through the Drive Mode selector. In Comfort mode, the system sends 40 per cent of the power to the front wheels and 60 per cent to the rear, but shifts the drive torque between the axles according to the conditions right up to an even 50/50 split. This gives it the stability needed to handle a wet or wintery road without the back-end breaking away. Select Sport mode and the split shifts to 20 per cent front and 80 per cent rear. This makes the back-end much livelier. However, the driving fun has only just begun.

Hitting the ESC button once engages Sport+. It partially disables the traction nanny and reapportions the torque split yet again — 85 per cent of the drive is now sent to the rear wheels, which makes it tail-happy enough it’s possible to induce a mild drift. The coup de gras is found in the new Drift mode. Holding the ESC for a handful of seconds turns off all electronic intervention and directs 93 per cent of the drive rearward.

stinger 05 First Look: Kia Stinger D AWD
Kia Stinger D-AWD Kia
So far so good, but if the transmission does not cooperate all of this work would be futile — a forced upshift mid-drift puts an enormous crimp in the tail-out, tire-smoking fun.
To this end, the transmission has been rethought. In Sport and Sport+ when using the manual mode the transmission only upshifts when the engine hits the rev-limiter. This is a smart solution because it gives the driver a great deal of latitude while keeping the transmission and engine in self-preservation mode. Now, Drift mode goes one further — it becomes a 100 per cent manual mode that will not upshift even if the driver crashes into the rev-limiter.

stinger 08 First Look: Kia Stinger D AWD
Kia Stinger D-AWD Kia
To demonstrate D-AWD’s considerable dynamic prowess, there were two very different test disciplines. The first involved a massive skid pad with a lonely pylon sitting in the middle. The objective was to see how far the Stinger could be drifted around said pylon. Using the Scandinavian flick — a trick that calls for a one-quarter turn away from the corner before turning into it (this action upsets the car’s balance) and combined with a lead boot, the tail slides out as if the tires are on ball bearings. It worked like a charm — a 270-degree drift around the pylon before I over-cooked it and ended up doing a 500-degree spinout. This produced a cloud of white smoke and a grin from ear to ear!
It was then out to a wet handling track to prove that all of the jiggery-pokery done to the all-wheel-drive system to make it drift did not hamper its primary goal —stability and traction in inclement conditions. Looping the handling track proved the system to be completely seamless as it provided the grip needed to negotiate a fast corner without drama. It manages this by shifting the power around proactively. The system looks at the longitudinal, lateral and yaw forces, steering, brake and gas inputs, as well as engine output, the selected gear and whether the torque convertor is locked or not to determine the right torque split ahead of time.

stinger 07 First Look: Kia Stinger D AWD
Kia Stinger D-AWD Kia

The result proved to be an easy ebb and flow of power to the wheels with the best grip. The system is also smart enough it is used as the first level to counter oversteer and understeer by shifting the power away from the slipping wheels.
This Stinger was the first example of what Albert Biermann, Executive VP of vehicle testing and high-performance development (and he of BMW M fame) calls Kia’s performance philosophy. In simple terms, he says it is as important for a car to have excellent everyday drivability and reliability as it is for it to have some true driving dynamism. This philosophy is not limited to gas-powered models either. The new Niro EV, which will make it world debut at the upcoming Paris Auto Show, has a true sport mode — it ups the electric motor’s work ethic and puts more weight in the steering. Asked if this performance thrust could extend to a true electric sports car, Biermann did not rule it out — could this mean a Stinger-like Tesla fighter?

Unread 2018-09-19, 12:08 PM   #829
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

The Kia Stinger GT Is What a Sports Sedan Should Be

The new benchmark is a... Kia? Really?

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlO-Le8roCo

Kia isn't the first name you'd think of for a sports sedan. It might actually be the last name. The company is well known for its crossovers and economy cars, for long warranties and low prices. But it's not known for taking on cars from BMW or Mercedes. It's not known for luxury. It's not known as a company for car enthusiasts.
The Stinger aims to change that.

As part of a major investment over the past few years, Kia (and parent company Hyundai) has played Supermarket Sweep with top executives from all the premium German automakers. One of the biggest names that they wooed away would have to be Albert Biermann, a man with a dull-sounding name who is able to create some truly outstanding cars.

Before Kia, Biermann was head of BMW M. Yes, that BMW M. And he was there for 32 years, working on some of its most renowned and celebrated cars. It's that touch that makes the Kia Stinger such a delight.

The thing about the Stinger is that it doesn't really have one standout attribute. The steering is good, but not great. Same with the brakes and how it handles. The engine, the company's ubiquitous 3.3 liter turbo V6 with 365 horsepower, is nothing to write home about.
On paper, it's just a sedan that looks like a BMW, an Audi, and a parrot fish got together one night. But all those ingredients work in harmony to create one of the most fun cars in its class. It's good enough that it doesn't need to be looked at as a value proposition, which is good because the Stinger GT can cost more than $50,000.
It's refreshing to see a company enter the segment with a car that actually has the chops to compete against a BMW 3-series and doesn't need to rely on an overwrought ad campaign in a vain attempt to prove that they too can build a competent car.

Kia's has proven that if you invest in the right people and areas, an automaker can still make something special. That's what this is.

Unread 2018-09-19, 08:15 PM   #830
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Stinger GT vs Chevy SS (street race)

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGEVvYxDI-U

(IB4 tourquedoucher posts something stupid)

Unread 2018-09-23, 09:43 PM   #831
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Stinger https://www.kia.com/us/en/vehicle/stinger/2019/features

Unread 2018-09-27, 08:17 AM   #832
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

The Cheap Kia Stingers Are Coming

The Kia Stinger is a fantastic car. While some dealers tried to capitalize on this premium sport sedan with stupid markups, the hype has died down a bit and some dealers are throwing some serious discounts at these things. If you shop carefully you can score a deal up to 25 percent off MSRP.

A reader who was interested in upgrading his 2014 Camry to something more exciting emailed me an ad for a deal in New York that looked “suspiciously cheap.” There was a brand new Stinger 2.0T with an MSRP of $32,980 for a sale price of $24,980. Given my experience with Kia dealers in general, the alarm bells went off and I assumed that this price was probably bogus due to rebate stacking or some other caveats to get that sale price.

Naturally, I told him what I tell everyone else if they see a price that seems too good to be true—request a written out the door price that itemizes the sale price, tax, fees and the total.
Here is what he sent me:

VIN and stock no. removed for privacy reasons.

It turns out this was a totally legit $8,000 discount on a brand new Stinger. The only additional charges were sales tax and a completely reasonable paperwork fee of $147.50.
There are other cheap Stingers out there as well, with some dealers advertising discounts up to $10,000:

Despite the fact that the Kia dealer in New York played the game the right way, you always want to have your guard up with some of these advertised deals. However, if they turn out to be legit, now is the time to get some rear-wheel drive Stinger fun with significant savings.

Unread 2018-09-27, 01:06 PM   #833
xXSTi-lynXx

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 217
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1204
Likes (Received): 1023
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
widebody in S. Korea

Would look decent if it wasn't stanced out to shit and just had spacers instead.

I had no idea there was such a big aftermarket for these cars. Like I stated in my other thread I still have a stigma against Kia's otherwise Id be looking at them.
However, I want to stay away from turbocharged cars and stay away from having to add mods to get the power I want.
Very impressive #s those are throwing out with minimal mods though. Im a little surprised

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-09-27, 01:22 PM   #834
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the aftermarket has grown a lot from back when I owned 2 Hyundai's ..no more making intake in the garage

The stigma shouldn't be a thing, Hyundai/KIA/ Genesis have really put their foot where their mouth it and opened their check book and that shows by the talent that they have been hiring and have hired. The Stinger is proof of those hires (with Albert Biermann)

I think even stock they should be fine, no real info if there will ever be a NA motor tossed into the car, KIA hasn't really gave a 100% clear game plan on the Stinger except that it will be getting "feature and color" updates through the years.

Unread 2018-09-27, 02:01 PM   #835
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Just read that "cheap Stingers" article... looked local... some solid GT1/2's for mid $40k's... this car in the mid 30's is so sick!
Unread 2018-09-27, 02:24 PM   #836
xXSTi-lynXx

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 217
Likes (Given): 1204
Likes (Received): 1023
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
Yeah the aftermarket has grown a lot from back when I owned 2 Hyundai's ..no more making intake in the garage

The stigma shouldn't be a thing, Hyundai/KIA/ Genesis have really put their foot where their mouth it and opened their check book and that shows by the talent that they have been hiring and have hired. The Stinger is proof of those hires (with Albert Biermann)

I think even stock they should be fine, no real info if there will ever be a NA motor tossed into the car, KIA hasn't really gave a 100% clear game plan on the Stinger except that it will be getting "feature and color" updates through the years.
Lol, I made a intake out of 3" PVC fittings back in highschool for my 540i because I couldn't bring myself to pay $500 for the Dinan one.

I know they have significantly changed over the past decade or so in terms of quality and design as well as dramatically in performance.
Its just, buying a performance luxury car from an automaker that not too long ago was selling crap boxes like the Spectra or Sophea is just hard for me to grasp.

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-09-27, 02:27 PM   #837
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah you named 2 cars that don't exist in this current iteration of KIA , that is what Peter brought from Audi when he came over, he wanted more brand recognition and face so to speak

Unread 2018-09-27, 02:41 PM   #838
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 1012
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 64

The Stinger GT RWD on MPS4 tires didn't make a spectacular showing at the 2018 Lightning Lap and needed $700 "Stinger GT euro" spec pads to run the lap. It's as quick around the track as a current gen WRX with the performance wheels/tires.
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-09-28, 01:29 PM   #839
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Kia Stinger GT New Dad Review: Wait, This Thing Is a Kia?

The Koreans whip up a sporty four-door hatch that works well as gran turismo and paternal transport alike.

I finally did it: I'm a dad. The funny thing is, I've always owned dad cars, even before I needed to. Owning anything with less than four doors never made much sense, which is how I ended up with a stable of souped-up grandpa cars from the Sixties and Seventies. Now that I'm a father, the '74 Oldsmobile sedan I brought my wife and son home from the hospital in seems a bit dated. And that, my friends, is how I found myself on this quest to find the perfect new dad car. The most recent contestant: The 2018 Kia Stinger GT2.
The 2018 Kia Stinger GT2, By the Numbers

Base Price (Price as Tested): $50,300 ($52,300)
Powertrain: 3.3-liter twin-turbo V-6, 365 horsepower, 376 pound-feet; eight-speed automatic transmission; rear- or all-wheel drive
Fuel Economy: 19 mpg city; 25 mpg highway
0-60 MPH: 4.6 seconds (Car and Driver testing)
Random fact of your choosing: The Stinger is so good at straight-line launches, you'll probably never see 19 mpg in one unless you forget Sport mode exists.
Most new cars are unremarkably similar in appearance. Even an Audi A5 Sportback, as handsome as it is, looks a lot like the Audi that came before it, which look like the one that came before it, which looks...you get the picture. Not the Kia Stinger GT, though. Nearly every time I pulled up at a light behind the wheel of this distinctive gran turismo fastback, people were either gawking at it or offering compliments. "Hey, that's a nice looking car!" they would say. Because coming at you, speeding by, or disappearing quickly towards the horizon, this car is a beauty.

KIA

The Kia Stinger GT is a fresh wind that blows from afar—although not all the way from South Korea, where Kia is based. The Stinger was designed at Kia's studio in Frankfurt, Germany, so if it bears some resemblance to the basic form of an Audi, you can probably guess why. Peter Schreyer and Gregory Guillaume, who led the design program, managed to create something that still looks distinctively like a Kia, but carries that aesthetic on a serious-looking, European-style frame. A uniquely-shaped grille, thoughtful body sculpting, and bright red Brembo brake calipers peaking out from behind attractive, thin-spoke 19-inch wheels let the world know that this car means business.
In one of the (confusingly-named) GT trims—the ones that comes with a 365-horsepower twin-turbo 3.3-liter V-6—the Stinger GT is a blast to drive. I must qualify that "fun to drive" for me—a dad who must drive this car in all conditions, including "late for work," "late for pediatric appointment," and "late for now-ever-so-rare date with wife"—the Stinger fits the bill just fine. It has been said by other reviewers that its handling falls apart at or near "the limits," but when your limits are, by and large, determined by underfunded roads, traffic, and your child's schedule, the Kia seems to keep itself composed through all of it. In fact, I found myself leaving later for things than I usually do because I figured the Kia could make up the time I'd frittered away watching kookslams videos on Instagram. Sorry junior/Mrs. Preston, looks I'll be late again. Too many 60-foot cliff bellyflops to watch today.
The Kia, while it sliced and diced around those pesky left lane dawdlers with so much ease, could not overcome the inexorable force of thickening traffic. But it sure did make my attempts to defeat traffic fun, especially in Sport mode, which stretched out the eight-speed transmission's shift points and sprinkled in a little electronically-enhanced engine noise for good measure. Make no mistake, this car is meant for the open road, if you can find one nearby. (I had to settle for the Long Island Expressway—far from ideal.)

KIA

But enough about me and what I want. Let's talk about my kid. He can't drive yet; hell, he can't even complain yet when I drive like a maniac. (Although I may have heard a few concerned gurgles from back there once or twice.) But he can fit comfortably into the Stinger, replete with all of his little baby accessories. The back seat is huge, and big back doors make access while holding a child safety seat and an armload of junk relatively easy. And the LATCH safety seat anchors are simple enough to use, although I admittedly prefer cars with exposed LATCH loops.
For the dad who has neither station wagon nor minivan (nor, I begrudgingly say, crossover), a hatchback is a must. You can try to stuff strollers and diaper bags and that mountain of extra stuff you're required to bring every time you leave the house for more than 15 minutes into a sedan, but why kill yourself? I fit all that junk into the back of the Kia, no problem, and was able to fold down the rear seats to fit boxes and longer items into the car as well. The Stinger's is not a particularly deep cargo hold—it's long and flat, but not wide, and rather shallow—but it's a big improvement over most sedans.
Safety is always a big issue for parents, but the Stinger has not yet been rated by the federal government or the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. I like this car, and would like to postulate that since it looks to be roughly the same size as an Optima, which is an IIHS Top Safety Pick+, the Stinger could be, too. But we all know that's not how things work. We can, however, make an educated guess based upon other top-rated Kia models that Kia's engineers have probably dotted their i's and crossed their t's where safety is concerned. They way people will want to drive in this car, they damned well better have.

KIA

Great as it is, the Stinger is by no means a perfect car. It's luxurious inside and out, but somehow lacks the polish European cars are so famous for. But that's okay, because it's significantly cheaper than its highfalutin competitors. Try getting a similarly-equipped Audi A5 Sportback for $53,000. Not happening. A Mercedes-AMG C43? Not a chance. A Jaguar XE? Ha! But this Stinger comes fully loaded at that price. It's one of those have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too deals. You can make your family seasick with 0-to-60-mph launches that take less than five seconds (and they can get rid of you when you get thrown in jail for hitting the car's 167-mph top speed with a baby onboard), and save a few thousand for the kid's college fund (if you don't have to spend it all on a lawyer to defend yourself against reckless driving charges).
And don't worry about driving a Kia instead of a fancier brand for appearance's sake. In a few years, neither your kid nor anyone else will think you're cool, anyway.

Unread 2018-09-28, 01:31 PM   #840
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kia Stinger is so much more than just a great name

Sept 21, 2018By
  • Jimmy Dinsmore

Car names. I both love them and loathe them. All these numbers and letters are befuddling and annoying. They don’t say anything about a car and I wish all manufacturers stuck with actual names. So, for this reason and for so many others, I was excited about my tester this week.
The Kia Stinger has about the best moniker of any car on the market today. But what’s in a name? There’s so much more to this car than just that uber-cool word. The Stinger is almost tough to categorize. It’s considered a luxury small car, but that’s not really correct. With the Kia name badge alone, it will lose credibility as a luxury car – even though it is extremely luxurious.

Its looks and engine could make it a small sports car, but again, some of the bigger V8 cars would run it out of the segment. So, rather than try to define this car, let’s just categorize it as an awesome small car.

When I saw this vehicle at the Detroit Auto Show, it was love at first sight. The Stinger was my favorite new car reveal. The looks are stunning. I’ve often said that Kia had an underrated quality to much of its product line – even the Optima has boast-worthy good looks. But the Stinger is sexy, sleek and has European cues all over. Is it a BMW? It could almost be.

Every good sports car needs engine options. And the Stinger has that. There’s a 2.0-liter twin turbocharged four-cylinder, which is what my tester came with. But there’s the Stinger GT (aptly named) that has a powerful V6. I’ll say this, the four-cylinder is peppy and quick; don’t be deceived by its 255-horsepower rating. It performs better than that. Off the line and in the higher gears, the Stinger can go. The eight-speed automatic transmission is tremendous with little to no turbo lag.

My tester came with optional all-wheel drive, which as most of you know, I prefer. The steering is responsive, and the Stinger’s diminutive size helps it hug the road. But a comfortable suspension disqualifies this from a sports car rating, and that’s a good thing. It’s what you want a small car to be. Fun, peppy and comfortable, with superior handling.

Admittedly I think the Stinger would’ve been even more attractive as a coupe, but two-door cars aren’t in vogue now, so the Stinger’s four doors are adequate. It does make entering the interior easier.

The back seat has an amazing amount of legroom. For a car this size, I was surprised at how spacious the back seat is. Two adults can comfortably sit back, and a third child could join them. The sloping roofline, which makes the car so attractive, eats a little bit of the headroom, so taller passengers might want to call shotgun and leave the back seat for the shorter people.

The sportback-styling gives the Stinger a hatchback-like feel and thus a tremendous amount of cargo room. There’s 23.9 cubic feet of space behind the second row. And those seats have a 60/40 split which expands overall cargo area to 40.9 feet. This is an impressive amount for a small car.
While the interior of the Stinger is nice, this is where it’s hard to call it a luxury car. The touch points are quality, and this is one of the best interiors I’ve seen in a Kia, but it’s still not “European” enough to compete in the luxury category. Don’t throw the “L” word around and you won’t have false expectations. Expect it to be nice and high-quality and you won’t be disappointed.

The infotainment system is outstanding. Kia’s UVO system is one of the easiest to use. It has all the technology features you could want, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The seven-inch touchscreen is attractive and responsive.

The non-GT Stinger has two trim options only (hallelujah). My tester was the base trim with AWD. The starting price is $34,100. With the advanced driver assistance package my tester had a final MSRP of $36,100.

The AWD Stinger with the 2.0-liter engine has an EPA rating of 21 mpg/city and 29 mpg/highway. In a week’s worth of driving, I averaged nearly 25 mpg.

The Stinger is so much more than its cool name. It’s a new entry by Kia into the market. Whatever the market segment it’s trying to compete in is irrelevant. It is fun, punchy and so very sexy. The Stinger will be on my top 10 favorite cars of 2018 list.

Unread 2018-09-29, 05:26 PM   #841
kcstreeter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 93
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 16

Saw a red one today looks so good in red but I like the grey better
kcstreeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-10-01, 11:30 AM   #842
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to be an interesting trend coming out of the Stinger aftermarket community.

They are really into air ride and wide body kits for some reason

Molding starts in a couple of weeks. And will be available for pre-order soon. Check out carbonpixels.com for updates.

Unread 2018-10-01, 12:21 PM   #843
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 112
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 418
Likes (Received): 237
Dislikes (Given): 17
Dislikes (Received): 4

That's too much. Looks terrible from behind.

Street & Racing Technology
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-10-01, 12:35 PM   #844
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

guess the guy updated and said he is reworking the rear haunches

Unread 2018-10-03, 10:49 AM   #845
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

*NEW PRODUCT*

VelossaTech BIG MOUTH Ram Air Intake Ducts/Snorkel

Unread 2018-10-03, 11:29 AM   #846
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder how dangerous that would be during a rain? If not bad, that's awesome!
Unread 2018-10-03, 07:54 PM   #847
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kia Stinger GT a sellout success in Australia, police interest a huge help

But it's too early to call the project a win for Kia globally, with pressure on the US to sell the car in big numbers

Every single Kia Stinger GT that arrives is immediately sold, giving the company the best kind of problem with its performance halo -- supply.
The company has sold about 2000 units in around a year since the big rear-drive liftback sedan arrived, and it has clearly changed how people see its brand.
A bonafide muscle car is worth its weight in gold, meaning the 272kW twin turbocharged V6 GT version is the one doing the heavy lifting, compared to the more modest turbo-four.
“We sold 130 Stingers this month, I’d say 129 were the V6,” Kia Australia’s communications manager Kevin Hepworth said this week.
“Every single V6 that hits the ground is sold. Be that supply to police or private purchasers,” he added. While supply levels are tolerable, demand is outstripping available stock in many areas.
This isn’t a huge surprise given the continued level of interest in the car from you guys reading and watching CarAdvice.
That police angle is an interesting one, with both the Queensland and Western Australian police forces buying them as replacements for their V8 Commodores and Falcons.

Both South Australia and the Northern Territory are believed to be considering making the same decision as we speak.
“As soon as we announced Queensland, it went almost viral, in the US, on the police blogs,” Hepworth added, saying the company Korean headquarters was also beyond excited to see the Stingers decked out in sirens and stickers.
Interestingly, we had a chat with Kia Europe’s head designer Gregory Guillaume at the Paris motor show this week, and he turned the tables conspiratorially to ask us a question.
“Is it true you have Stinger police cars there? That’s so cool…” he said.
“As an aspirational point of view, definitely [the Stinger has been a success],” he said more formally.
“For the first time in Paris I was in a Stinger in traffic and it was when all of the kids come out from school and they were all staring saying, ‘Look, a Kia!’ This is all brand building...

“I think it was the best thing Kia could do to build the Stinger. I pushed the whole thing along from day one, but it was definitely the right thing to do.”
However, Australian police sales and excited kids in Paris aren’t the sole determiners of what makes a car successful, and Guillaume said it was to early to call the project a success. We’re a small market after all.
“Whether there will be a replacement is too early to say,” he said.
“We are in a company that even if they do understand the potential of the value of this brand building object, we still have to be economically successful with that vehicle.
“We never planned to do it in Europe and with a car like that it is very difficult, but there are other parts of the world where it can work, we believe.
“We launched the car last year, so we have to give it a bit of time, but the intention is America for example. They need to sell the car, they need to do volume with that car.
“Marketing guys in Europe understand that and still put a lot of money into communicating that car but are not hoping to have such an enormous return on that product, but for the brand, it was the best thing that could happen.”

Unread 2018-10-04, 10:38 AM   #848
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

The most powerful stock turbo record - Brought to you by LAP3 Performance

LAP3 USA 4 mins ·

*NEW RECORD*
Our R&D only continues with the Kia Stinger & Genesis G70 3.3T platforms.
540BHP (485WHP with ~10% powertrain loss on RWD)
LAP3 Pro-Tuner Remapping
491.9ps/69.89kgm(485whp/505ft-lbs)
- Intake, Full Exhaust, Meth Injection Kit
The car is now making 175HP+ over stock 365HP!

The LAP3 Pro-Tuner release is just around the corner.
Join LAP3 Performance discussion page to see more!(Link Below)
www.facebook.com/groups/lap3usa

Unread 2018-10-05, 08:30 AM   #849
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kia Hasn't Decided Whether The Stinger Will Get A Second Gen

It's good at bolstering the brand's image, but it needs to be a commercial success to survive.

Previewed by the GT Concept in 2011, the Stinger debuted in production form last year and has been enjoying positive reviews from media outlets ever since then. Even though it’s turning out to be an efficient tool to improve Kia’s brand image, it doesn’t necessarily mean the grand tourer will be renewed for a second generation. Business is business, and the Stinger will only survive on the market beyond the current model’s life cycle if enough people will buy it.

The reveal was made by the company’s head of design, Gregory Guilliame, this week during an interview with Australian media at the Paris Motor Show. He noted the Stinger has all the right ingredients to serve as a brand ambassador for Kia, but it’s too early to decide whether it will stick around in the long run:

“We still have to be economically successful with that vehicle. It’s very, very difficult in Europe with a car like that.”

Guilliame is well aware of the crossover craze and that people aren’t into sedans and hatchbacks like they used to be, which is why he’s being cautious regarding the Stinger’s fate. He told Which Car that Kia’s marketing department catering Europe has been investing heavily in promoting the car even though the model’s chances of success are relatively small: “It’s very, very difficult in Europe with a car like that.”

At the end of the day, the Stinger needs to be more than just a pretty car offering a well-rounded package in the eyes of reviewers – it needs to sell. Guilliame mentioned it’s more of a niche model for Europeans, but he believes there are some parts of the world where it could generate decent sales. It’s too early in the model’s life to decide whether it’s living up to Kia’s expectations, hence why a decision concerning a second generation hasn’t been made yet.

Unread 2018-10-11, 08:33 AM   #850
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQlQB2kbb6c
Lap3 ProTuner "Mode 2" Kia Stinger/Genesis G70 3.3tt review

A review of the new Lap3 ProTuner "Mode 2" for the 2018 Kia Stinger GT, GT1, GT2, and Genesis G70 platform. Mods: Injen intake (Thanks to SoCal Garage works) HKS M45il spark plugs Shell 91 octane (boooo)

Tags
albert biermann, awd, kia stinger gt, peter schreyer, rwd