Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Best of KCSR

Unread 2010-12-30, 10:52 AM   #76
doomi

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 37
Likes (Given): 464
Likes (Received): 182
Dislikes (Given): 14
Dislikes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
Google Rolex GMTIIc and Tag Heur Monaco Chrono(black face). I would post now, but i'm at the g/f's house.

To everyone, the reason for the thread was not to brag, it was to prove that after a few years(6 months for my GMTIIc), they increased in value.
I think I remember you talking shit a while back about Rolex owners. Saying you wouldn't buy them because it is only used as a status symbol/brand name. That you like to buy expensive watches that nobody besides another watch connoisseur would notice. Just wondering what made you decide to go Rolex.

And usually (I'm not an expensive watch guy) just because an item appraises for an amount, it definitely doesn't mean it is worth it (wouldn't sell for remotely close to the amount). It is a replacement value.
Unread 2010-12-30, 10:58 AM   #77
Mantooth
What time is it?

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 89
Thanks (Received): 126
Likes (Given): 5978
Likes (Received): 1142
Dislikes (Given): 22
Dislikes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomi View Post
I think I remember you talking shit a while back about Rolex owners. Saying you wouldn't buy them because it is only used as a status symbol/brand name. That you like to buy expensive watches that nobody besides another watch connoisseur would notice. Just wondering what made you decide to go Rolex.

And usually (I'm not an expensive watch guy) just because an item appraises for an amount, it definitely doesn't mean it is worth it (wouldn't sell for remotely close to the amount). It is a replacement value.
I said everyone that collects should own a Rolex. However, I love the watch. I would probably buy another Rolex one day, too. It just feels solid and you can beat them to death(to an extent). I have a newfound love for them. Would probably never buy another Tag, though. However, they could bring something out that wows me. Who knows.

It's nice to know they were appraised well above what I paid for them, regardless if they sell for that now or not.

-'00 Jeep Cherokee
-'04 E55
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Flynn liked this post
Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-30, 11:00 AM   #78
Joe

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 151
Likes (Received): 80
Dislikes (Given): 16
Dislikes (Received): 8

Wish my house would increase in value. Haha.

I didn't realize the kind of prices a watch like that was (one of the googled sites were selling them). I would kill myself because I know I would screw it up. My black fossil I wear to work everyday has a scratch on it, I'm pretty rough on them. Some people think I'm crazy for keeping a car in a garage all winter, but to each their own. Interesting watches though. Fairly plain to the untrained eye (i.e. me).
Unread 2010-12-30, 11:02 AM   #79
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 1008
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 64

Just out of curiosity, how do you travel with these things? Are they in some sort of safe box or similiar? Do you take them into work with you? I'd have major problems traveling around like you do with $30K+ in watches, especially when you don't have a set living space. Sounds like a major hassle.
Unread 2010-12-30, 11:06 AM   #80
doomi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I said everyone that collects should own a Rolex. However, I love the watch. I would probably buy another Rolex one day, too. It just feels solid and you can beat them to death(to an extent). I have a newfound love for them. Would probably never buy another Tag, though. However, they could bring something out that wows me. Who knows.

It's nice to know they were appraised well above what I paid for them, regardless if they sell for that now or not.
Gotcha. I couldn't remember all that was said in the thread. But for some reason I thought I remembered you saying that about Rolex watches.
Unread 2010-12-30, 11:07 AM   #81
calispec

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 114
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynardDRIVESfast View Post
My vintage rolex is older than your girlfriend.
So? My Girard Perregaux and Breitling are probably older than your parents.

Step up you game son.
Unread 2010-12-30, 11:14 AM   #82
Mantooth
What time is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Wish my house would increase in value. Haha.

I didn't realize the kind of prices a watch like that was (one of the googled sites were selling them). I would kill myself because I know I would screw it up. My black fossil I wear to work everyday has a scratch on it, I'm pretty rough on them. Some people think I'm crazy for keeping a car in a garage all winter, but to each their own. Interesting watches though. Fairly plain to the untrained eye (i.e. me).
I wear the GMTIIc to work, a lot, and I've only dinged it once, and not even that bad. I buy them to wear them, not keep them in a safe. However, if I had enough money for more sought after, collectable pieces, I would probably be more cautious. I got a great deal on my Panerai 112 and wore it for nearly a year, nonstop, before I sent it to service to replace the crystal(had two nicks), bezel, and to be polished. I got it so cheap, that I can out on top even after the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
Just out of curiosity, how do you travel with these things? Are they in some sort of safe box or similiar? Do you take them into work with you? I'd have major problems traveling around like you do with $30K+ in watches, especially when you don't have a set living space. Sounds like a major hassle.
I have a watch case that holds two, plus two straps. I use the safe in the hotel(if they have one in the room) or I hide them strategically and put the do not disturb sign on the door. I'm just cautious. Never run in a shady area with the Rolex on, just a G-Shock or something.

-'00 Jeep Cherokee
-'04 E55
Unread 2010-12-30, 12:37 PM   #83
e.

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 273
Likes (Received): 282
Dislikes (Given): 30
Dislikes (Received): 19

Quote:
I have a watch case that holds two, plus two straps. I use the safe in the hotel(if they have one in the room) or I hide them strategically and put the do not disturb sign on the door. I'm just cautious. Never run in a shady area with the Rolex on, just a G-Shock or something.

Fuck the haters Wes.
e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-30, 12:44 PM   #84
Mobbes

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 79
Likes (Given): 161
Likes (Received): 360
Dislikes (Given): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. View Post

Fuck the haters Wes.
No doubt.

So Wes you still gonna pawn your Rolle to me for my wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar
New aids is still aids.
Mobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-30, 12:58 PM   #85
sebaz
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 85
Thanks (Received): 188
Likes (Given): 1565
Likes (Received): 1275
Dislikes (Given): 9
Dislikes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
Wes,

I honestly can tell you that simply due to the fact that you find it necessary to make off handed comments concerning what is essentially a niche market business, it has become more than evident that you are easily offended by what is at best described as simple misunderstanding.

Furthermore, it has become demonstrably clear that you lack the capacity to even engage in discussions relating to firearms and the firearms industry. Is it that you are somehow easily angered by those whom do not treat you like a child who must be guided by his mothers hand?

I may not be the most polite in my assertions, and I am certainly not the most cheery of persons, but do not mistake this as a post filled with hate or whatever misguided emotion you seem fit to equate to my words. What this is, is a firm dictation that I am quite simply at my end with your childish bantering that seems to follow any post I happen to make. Must you really seek to try and make half-witted comments in some attempt to try and see yourself as standing triumphant over someone who has done you no wrong? Do you truly find offense by the mere fact that I would not change a meet and greet event to a day that suited your needs, when you had no stake in the offer to begin with?

If it is truly that easy to offend you, simply by disregarding a simple request to change times for meeting up and shooting (and do let me remind you that the offer was for an AR shoot, I believe you lack the proper 'equipment' in this regard, do you not?), then I would surmise that it is in your best interest to stifle your comments and let the matter rest.

I am not the best shooter out there, I have not done it all, and I am a guy that decided to pursue the things I enjoy and that I love. Whether or not you and I share the same viewpoints on similar matters matters little, and it should not be the basis on as to why you believe me to be a tool. What it should be, is a basis for discourse between two people that seem common threads in what we both enjoy.

Now, I have kindly stated my position on your continued harassment. Does it truly need to go further simply because you feel offended? While I cannot offer my apologies in this matter, I do extend my hand in hopes that you will embrace it, rather than admonish it.

I love how everyone thinks they're a fucking baller on here.
Driving around in entry-level BMWs and Mercedes Benz, let me guess..you flaunt your keys and say "I drive a BMW." How about you just shut the fuck up. Get back to me when you own an Enzo and I'll be impressed. You aint a baller, you work a 9-5 and are a bitch slave to your boss who drives around in fucking Lamborghinis and owns seven homes, faggot

Moar copy paste.
Unread 2010-12-30, 01:51 PM   #86
KANE
Rules: I Make My Own

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 63
Likes (Received): 86
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 5

He has a forum he can go to where people care what he has to say about watches, yet he consistantly comes on here so 3 or 4 people in a thread full of hate can call other people jealous to make Wes feel good about himself then they congradulate him on being awesome because he is the richest person they know(not saying much) and though they have only met him twice they hope he might buy them something cool in the future because they continously give him props.

That is why Wes makes these threads.

That towel is purely decorative and don't shave your balls in the kitchen
KANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-30, 02:14 PM   #87
so.DOPE

Location: From a 70 mph roll, 2 red tail lights radically morph to one...
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 171
Likes (Received): 594
Dislikes (Given): 43
Dislikes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Holy shit, I think some people were neglected as children ......
Now you must be a baller as well. Don't forget to cup z' balls while you suck his dick, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebaz View Post
I love how everyone thinks they're a fucking baller on here.
Driving around in entry-level BMWs and Mercedes Benz, let me guess..you flaunt your keys and say "I drive a BMW." How about you just shut the fuck up. Get back to me when you own an Enzo and I'll be impressed. You aint a baller, you work a 9-5 and are a bitch slave to your boss who drives around in fucking Lamborghinis and owns seven homes, faggot

Moar copy paste.
poz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE View Post
He has a forum he can go to where people care what he has to say about watches, yet he consistantly comes on here so 3 or 4 people in a thread full of hate can call other people jealous to make Wes feel good about himself then they congradulate him on being awesome because he is the richest person they know(not saying much) and though they have only met him twice they hope he might buy them something cool in the future because they continously give him props.

poz

Spencer Davis Group - Blues in F
so.DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-30, 02:26 PM   #88
Ju
KCSR Queen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 198
Dislikes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE View Post

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Hit the jackpot in this one
Unread 2010-12-30, 02:46 PM   #89
xsnapshooterx

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 14
Dislikes (Received): 1

So he might own a couple nice watches but if I remember correctly Mantooth is one goofy sob.

Make a thread when you add an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean to the collection, no one cares about your Tag.
Unread 2010-12-30, 02:48 PM   #90
TRsixxx
Makes Tupac look like Barney, Bro

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when I had no idea who vtecsti was and I'd get IMs from him telling me about all the shit he bought for his STI and basically bragging about shit he buys, I didn't really get the full extent of how fucking lame this kid was until I saw him naked in a bathtub and realized his girlfriend was fucking 11.

And we're the ones that don't get it... we're the odd men out... not the other way around?

Ha.
TRsixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-30, 02:51 PM   #91
Hap Hazard

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 87
Thanks (Received): 172
Likes (Given): 215
Likes (Received): 1029
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRsixxx View Post
I remember when I had no idea who vtecsti was and I'd get IMs from him telling me about all the shit he bought for his STI and basically bragging about shit he buys, I didn't really get the full extent of how fucking lame this kid was until I saw him naked in a bathtub and realized his girlfriend was fucking 11.

And we're the ones that don't get it... we're the odd men out... not the other way around?

Ha.
And now that Chip has posted ITT, it is complete. @ the bold - I fucking lol'd. Twice.

edit - 3 times

edit #2 - Can't. Stop. Laughing.

Last edited by Hap Hazard; 2010-12-30 at 02:57 PM..
Hap Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-30, 02:53 PM   #92
TRsixxx

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, if you weren't coming on here to brag about your sick time pieces, why didn't you give us contact numbers or a little more than "The guy at AD" so we could like... get our watches appraised.
Unread 2010-12-30, 03:00 PM   #93
EuroTuned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Quote:
By the way, if you weren't coming on here to brag about your sick time pieces, why didn't you give us contact numbers or a little more than "The guy at AD" so we could like... get our watches appraised.

You should get your mad radical hair gel appraised.
Unread 2010-12-30, 03:00 PM   #94
TRsixxx

Post Thanks / Like

And to the people that support this bullshit, I've never ONCE seen any of you act like Wes does.

Coming on KCSR to be excited about something you bought is one thing. I encourage that. I can be interested in anything once or twice... Continually logging on because you're a person of no substance that is searching for acceptance of peers and addition of "friends" through buying really gay shit that 99% of KCSR could give a fuck less about is another thing...

I know plenty of people with baller ass watches. I don't have a baller watch, so they don't really tell me everything they do surrounding that baller watch. Because they know that I don't give a fuck. I think that 99% of KCSR falls into that category. Yeah, you have the right to post whatever you want... but we're all on to you and every time you post you pretty much humiliate yourself. You're oblivious to that apparently.
Unread 2010-12-30, 03:01 PM   #95
Mantooth
What time is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Because he's in my area, and no one else is. Go to your local AD if you want something appraised. I had a shitty day and lost a lot of money, so getting them appraised quick, and free made my fucking day. It's usually $75 to appraise each piece and requires 2 weeks of down time.

That's why.

-'00 Jeep Cherokee
-'04 E55
Unread 2010-12-30, 03:03 PM   #96
TRsixxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTuned View Post
You should get your mad radical hair gel appraised.

I would, but that was such a terrible attempt at a put-down that I can't seem to do much of anything right now.
Unread 2010-12-30, 03:04 PM   #97
TRsixxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Because he's in my area, and no one else is. Go to your local AD if you want something appraised. I had a shitty day and lost a lot of money, so getting them appraised quick, and free made my fucking day. It's usually $75 to appraise each piece and requires 2 weeks of down time.

That's why.
You should post about this on KCSR.
Unread 2010-12-30, 03:06 PM   #98
Joe

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 151
Likes (Received): 80
Dislikes (Given): 16

Quote:

Ha.
I wish I had a way to keep track of all the username changes over the years.
Unread 2010-12-30, 03:08 PM   #99
doomi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I wish I had a way to keep track of all the username changes over the years.
It would be nice if there was a big diagram that showed the changes.
I get confused as shit sometimes.
Unread 2010-12-30, 03:09 PM   #100
Mobbes

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 79
Likes (Given): 161
Likes (Received): 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnapshooterx View Post
So he might own a couple nice watches but if I remember correctly Mantooth is one goofy sob.

Make a thread when you add an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean to the collection, no one cares about your Tag.
Omega is better than Tag, but that GMT is worth way more than that Omega. If you own a Rolex you don't want a less expensive watch that looks exactly the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar
New aids is still aids.
Mobbes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bubble watches, going to prom this year, i'm not bragging, mr. bubble