Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Best of KCSR

Unread 2011-07-18, 02:40 PM   #76
tommygun
"I've had better"

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 209
Likes (Given): 164
Likes (Received): 1354
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29

no police involved > police involved

police wont do jack shit imo

tommygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:40 PM   #77
Immaculate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatguy View Post
Wait, hold on. Two KCSR members had the two culprits presumably in one of their houses, and nothing was done?

You know, I understand that Kyle dropped the ball, but why didn't Oblique or Immaculate call the police and be like, "hey, a have two people in my house that are suspected of being burglars, we are having a nice cup of coffee, any chance you can come pick them up? And then of course give them Kyle Lackey's name and have them dig through some records to find out something had been reported etc.., and then just sit there and and keep the two occupied while the police show up.

Maybe I'm just missing a lot of details, but if they are the ones Kyle posted about that took his shit, why would anyone just let them "leave", furthermore, how did Oblique manage to find him? Sounds like he knows them. Not well enough to be best buds because he wouldn't have posted about bringing them over and helping shit out for Kyle's sake. Should have just arrested them right there.

If they were serious about handing shit over and not having the police involved, why didn't they just leave the stuff with you? Or did they and I just managed to miss that part?

From what I gathered, they were going to work this out by coming to Oblique's house to give the shit back without the cops getting involved, but then he said it looked like they were pretty messed up so the stuff was probably gone.

None of that makes any fucking sense at all in the way they were "brought in" when Kyle "dropped" the ball.

You can't "handle shit without the police" unless they were going to give it all back. There seems to be quite a bit missing from this puzzle here.
You are doing a TON of assuming.
Immaculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:41 PM   #78
tommygun
"I've had better"

Post Thanks / Like

FATGUY REACHING ITT

Unread 2011-07-18, 02:43 PM   #79
AF-IX

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 11
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Quote:
but why didn't Oblique or Immaculate call the police .
Because the OP had already mentioned that he just wanted to "get his shit back".

Quote:
but why didn't Oblique or Immaculate call the police and be like, "hey, a have two people in my house that are suspected of being burglars, we are having a nice cup of coffee, any chance you can come pick them up? And then of course give them Kyle Lackey's name and have them dig through some records to find out something had been reported etc.., and then just sit there and and keep the two occupied while the police show up.
Because this is KCSR justice, not Dateline w/Chris Hansen.

Quote:
You can't "handle shit without the police" unless they were going to give it all back. There seems to be quite a bit missing from this puzzle here.
Ugh, yes you can...it's called street-justice. Someone takes something of yours and doesn't return it...you smash their face, break some fingers, teach them a lesson, etc.

Last edited by AF-IX; 2011-07-18 at 03:56 PM..
AF-IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:44 PM   #80
Hibidi-Shibidi
Delivers

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 140
Likes (Given): 33
Likes (Received): 932
Dislikes (Received): 18

Quote:
Wait, hold on. Two KCSR members had the two culprits presumably in one of their houses, and nothing was done?

You know, I understand that Kyle dropped the ball, but why didn't Oblique or Immaculate call the police and be like, "hey, a have two people in my house that are suspected of being burglars, we are having a nice cup of coffee, any chance you can come pick them up? And then of course give them Kyle Lackey's name and have them dig through some records to find out something had been reported etc.., and then just sit there and and keep the two occupied while the police show up.

Maybe I'm just missing a lot of details, but if they are the ones Kyle posted about that took his shit, why would anyone just let them "leave", furthermore, how did Oblique manage to find him? Sounds like he knows them. Not well enough to be best buds because he wouldn't have posted about bringing them over and helping shit out for Kyle's sake. Should have just arrested them right there.

If they were serious about handing shit over and not having the police involved, why didn't they just leave the stuff with you? Or did they and I just managed to miss that part?

From what I gathered, they were going to work this out by coming to Oblique's house to give the shit back without the cops getting involved, but then he said it looked like they were pretty messed up so the stuff was probably gone.

None of that makes any fucking sense at all in the way they were "brought in" when Kyle "dropped" the ball.

Lol. You are seriously trying to turn the guys that found the robbers into the bad guys?
Hibidi-Shibidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:48 PM   #81
Monster180

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 29
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 251
Dislikes (Received): 6

Strong title change
Monster180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:55 PM   #82
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Lmao, great thread...

Cliffs:
KCSI and his family get "robbed" by some teens they invited over for the night.

He realizes this and 2 days later offers a reward on the internetz for anyone providing info to get these thieves.

Oblique/Immaculate somehow manage to get these people to a location... but are unable to get ahold of KCSI

KCSI says it wasn't really urgent, and he had other things going on.

Whole thread seems semi-pointless, and a waste of a good ending.

Fatguy accuses Oblique/Immaculate of being the bad guys...

Hilarity continues to ensue.
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:57 PM   #83
Fatguy
BANNED!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Thanks (Received): 163
Likes (Received): 508
Dislikes (Given): 88
Dislikes (Received): 45

ITT: Whole bunch of people jumping on my case for taking literal statements word for word and trying to figure out the "sense" of it all.

Obviously Oblique/Immaculate knows one. Pretty sure Oblique said one looked familiar, and told Kyle he might be able to get it all handled without the cops, great.

Said they showed up, looked messed up and made the assumption that they likely already pawned it all off. Calls Kyle, Kyle doesn't answer.

If the whole purpose was to arrange a meet and greet so that the cops didn't get involved, why didn't Oblique/Immaculate just have them leave the shit there and then call Kyle to pick it up?

If the shit was already gone, why not just call the cops and have the two arrested, collect your 500 dollar reward and move on?

I'm just trying to make sense of this, and I'm certainly not reaching because I literally took words out of the posts they made in this thread.

And for the record, I'm not saying Oblique/Immaculate are the bad guys, just trying to figure out why they didn't do anything about getting the stuff back for Kyle if they were to handle this without the police. The idea of handling it without the police, is they give the shit back.
Fatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:58 PM   #84
WheaMyRyceGo

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 56
Likes (Given): 98
Likes (Received): 247
Dislikes (Given): 41
Dislikes (Received): 18

This thread has given me a great laugh.

Accusing the guys who caught the thieves = priceless
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:59 PM   #85
TRsixxx
Makes Tupac look like Barney, Bro

Post Thanks / Like

You're seriously retarded.
You're putting some sort of fauxnews wanna be investigative journalism thought process. Just because they didn't think to get the shit first, doesn't mean they weren't trying to do the right thing.

I don't see why you guys are freaking out at anyone. What, do you think he doesn't want the shit back?

Sometimes shit happens.

The task was to retrieve the stolen goods, I would have got that shit and THEN got ahold of kyle.

What's kyle going to do on the phone with the kid?

"Hello?"
"Oh, yeah... hey this is Kyle, I need this stuff back!"
"Oh, we don't have it, click"

I think everyone should quit being butt hurt, it's not really that huge of a deal.

If I recovered that shit with such little effort, I wouldn't even ask for the reward money, I'd spit in those little fuckers faces.
Likes Prolific liked this post

Last edited by TRsixxx; 2011-07-18 at 03:11 PM..
TRsixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:59 PM   #86
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

You are making up a "literal statement" about immaculate/oblique having ANY involvement in the merchandise at all.

They just simply got the people where the next step could be taken... the step WASN'T taken because KCSI was busy.
Unread 2011-07-18, 03:00 PM   #87
TRsixxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
ITT: Whole bunch of people jumping on my case for taking literal statements word for word and trying to figure out the "sense" of it all.

Obviously Oblique/Immaculate knows one. Pretty sure Oblique said one looked familiar, and told Kyle he might be able to get it all handled without the cops, great.

Said they showed up, looked messed up and made the assumption that they likely already pawned it all off. Calls Kyle, Kyle doesn't answer.

If the whole purpose was to arrange a meet and greet so that the cops didn't get involved, why didn't Oblique/Immaculate just have them leave the shit there and then call Kyle to pick it up?

If the shit was already gone, why not just call the cops and have the two arrested, collect your 500 dollar reward and move on?

I'm just trying to make sense of this, and I'm certainly not reaching because I literally took words out of the posts they made in this thread.

And for the record, I'm not saying Oblique/Immaculate are the bad guys, just trying to figure out why they didn't do anything about getting the stuff back for Kyle if they were to handle this without the police. The idea of handling it without the police, is they give the shit back.

You don't have any sense, why do you swoop in and try to organize everyone's thoughts. We'd appreciate the help if you weren't retarded. But you are.
Thanks Fully-Loaded thanked for this post
Unread 2011-07-18, 03:03 PM   #88
TRsixxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricerking13 View Post
Lmao, great thread...

Cliffs:

He realizes this and 2 days later offers a reward on the internetz for anyone providing info to get these thieves.

Oblique/Immaculate somehow manage to get these people to a location... but are unable to get ahold of KCSI

I think Kyle probably didn't realize what EXACTLY they were doing, so he didn't camp out by his phone. I bet he would have if he knew what was going on.

Which brings me to my next point.

Shit happens, no one is at fault here.

No one dropped the ball.
Likes Fully-Loaded liked this post
Unread 2011-07-18, 03:04 PM   #89
tommygun
"I've had better"

Post Thanks / Like

20 dollars. someones getting paid

Unread 2011-07-18, 03:06 PM   #90
Fatguy
BANNED!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
They were not at either one of our houses and I don't really feel like I owe you an explanation as to why I didn't give up the address where they were at. I did what I thought was wanted and when that didn't work, they left. Am I suppose to care more than the person who got robbed and can't even pick up a phone?
You didn't specify where they were at. But the idea is that if you were going to get things handled without police involvement, why didn't they give you the stolen goods. Your original post said you literally had them sitting there willing to work things out. You didn't specify where. My bad for assuming you guys had them over. Point being is that you were able to contact the guy, and wouldn't have gone all the way out there if they didn't have his stuff, then you posted about how they looked fucked up and probably pawned it off. First thing you should have done is asked to see the items so you didn't waste your time or his. Why spend so much time there waiting on Kyle if the stuff wasn't there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
You are doing a TON of assuming.
I made a few, not a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
FATGUY REACHING ITT
Not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF-IX View Post

Ugh, yes you can...it's called street-justice. Someone takes something of yours and doesn't return it...you smash their face, break some fingers, teach them a lesson, etc.
That one went way over your head, but gave me some roffles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibidi-Shibidi View Post
Lol. You are seriously trying to turn the guys that found the robbers into the bad guys?
Not at all. Not once did I say they stole anything or worked with the people who stole from him. What I questioned, was them handling the deal, waiting on Kyle who didn't pick up, then not getting a deal made. First thing you do is ask to see the stuff. If it isn't there, you walk. Don't waste anybody else's time.

Quote:
Lmao, great thread...

Cliffs:

Jesus Christ, I'm not accusing them of anything other than wasting time by not confirming that his shit was there and not pawned off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheaMyRyceGo View Post
This thread has given me a great laugh.

Accusing the guys who caught the thieves = priceless
Again, not accusing them of anything other than wasting their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRsixxx View Post
You're seriously retarded.

I don't see why you guys are freaking out at anyone. What, do you think he doesn't want the shit back?

Sometimes shit happens.

The task was to retrieve the stolen goods, I would have got that shit and THEN got ahold of kyle.

What's kyle going to do on the phone with the kid?

"Hello?"
"Oh, yeah... hey this is Kyle, I need this stuff back!"
"Oh, we don't have it, click"

I think everyone should quit being butt hurt, it's not really that huge of a deal.

If I recovered that shit with such little effort, I wouldn't even ask for the reward money, I'd spit in those little fuckers faces.
I like how you call me retarded, and then pose a hypoethetical scenario that does exactly what I'm saying they didn't do.
Quote:
You are making up a "literal statement" about immaculate/oblique having ANY involvement in the merchandise at all.

They just simply got the people where the next step could be taken... the step WASN'T taken because KCSI was busy.
I'm really not. I'm taking what they said, and questioning it. Why didn't they ask to see the stuff? If they did see the stuff, why didn't they ask to take it on behalf of Kyle? If the stuff wasn't there, why were they calling Kyle to get stuff handled? That's not how you do these things.
Unread 2011-07-18, 03:07 PM   #91
Steven
aka "The Joker"

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 84
Dislikes (Received): 2

Maybe KCSI wasn't in a position at the time to answer when Imm/OB rang him?

(This is why we have the option of using the wonderful services provided to us by our carriers called VoiceMail. Not saying one wasn't left.)

Last edited by Steven; 2011-07-18 at 03:09 PM..
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 03:08 PM   #92
TRsixxx

Post Thanks / Like

Fatguy, you're spinning the story. It's quite simple. Shit didn't work out.

It's nothing fishy, it just was bad timing.
Unread 2011-07-18, 03:09 PM   #93
Fatguy
BANNED!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
You don't have any sense, why do you swoop in and try to organize everyone's thoughts. We'd appreciate the help if you weren't retarded. But you are.
I have plenty of sense.

Oblique knows the people who stole it, contacts them about getting stuff handled without the police. Goes to meet with them to work it out.

He apparently doesn't ask to see the items the very first fucking second he walks through the door and proceeds to waste time waiting and calling Kyle to get it handled.

You ask if they have it. If they say no, you walk away.

If they say yes, you ask them to return it to Kyle, or to give it to you so that you can give it back to him.

The last option being the most probable because they probably don't want to walk into a trap thinking they'll just turn it all back over to Kyle and he'll call the police anyways.
Unread 2011-07-18, 03:11 PM   #94
tommygun
"I've had better"

Post Thanks / Like

Fatguy - Obli knew the dude, went to a location where dude hangs out and they were not there to get KCSI's stuff, they were there to located the person, like he stated. Its not his job to go get the laptops, thats in the hands of KCSI and his family. Obli did his job in finding shady fucks, id bet he didnt even mention why he was around, probably a casual encounter and he tried to make it so KCSI knew where they were at that moment so he could show up and disrespect his familys.

Unread 2011-07-18, 03:11 PM   #95
Fatguy
BANNED!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Maybe KCSI wasn't in a position at the time to answer when Imm/OB rang him?

(This is why we have the option of using the wonderful services provided to us by our carriers called VoiceMail.)
Precisely. So, if he doesn't answer, instead of wasting your own time, you see if they have the stuff, if not, you leave tell kyle they didn't have it, move on.

Quote:
Fatguy, you're spinning the story. It's quite simple. Shit didn't work out.

It's nothing fishy, it just was bad timing.
Read the above.

I'm not spinning the story, I'm literally questioning why they didn't ask to see the stolen goods instead of bitching and moaning about wasting their time because Kyle didn't answer.

Did they call Kyle and say "Hey, at 5:30 we're going over there, make sure you answer the phone?", I doubt it.

This was just bad communication on their part, but more-so bad "detective" work by not confirming if his shit was there in the first place.
Unread 2011-07-18, 03:12 PM   #96
tommygun
"I've had better"

Post Thanks / Like

Oblique never said he would get it handled aka get the shit back

he said he would find the fool and let kcsi handle it from there

spinners gunna spin

Unread 2011-07-18, 03:12 PM   #97
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

You are adding to the story Fatguy, they got the people involved there, there was never a discussion about returning merchandise that was stolen or anything of the sort... WHATSOEVER... so your entire "theory" is based on something YOU added in.
Unread 2011-07-18, 03:13 PM   #98
Oblique
Buckwheat 2.0

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 140
Likes (Given): 190
Likes (Received): 777
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26

Quote:
You didn't specify where they were at. But the idea is that if you were going to get things handled without police involvement, why didn't they give you the stolen goods. Your original post said you literally had them sitting there willing to work things out. You didn't specify where. My bad for assuming you guys had them over. Point being is that you were able to contact the guy, and wouldn't have gone all the way out there if they didn't have his stuff, then you posted about how they looked fucked up and probably pawned it off. First thing you should have done is asked to see the items so you didn't waste your time or his. Why spend so much time there waiting on Kyle if the stuff wasn't there?
The only person I'm willing to explain my actions to is Kyle. Which he can PM me at any time for details. I'm sure he'll be more than ok with what went down. I'm not willing to "waste time" explaining something to you when you don't really matter in this at all.
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 03:13 PM   #99
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun View Post

spinners gunna spin
Yep. And add in shit that was never there to begin with, lol.
Unread 2011-07-18, 03:14 PM   #100
tommygun
"I've had better"

Post Thanks / Like

Its like a sitcom, he adds his own jokes and lines.