Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Best of KCSR

Unread 2011-07-18, 12:48 PM   #51
Immaculate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Si View Post
He text and said call him. I didn't know he had him sitting there and even if I did I'm not sure it would change matters as I was in the middle of something I couldn't stop doing at the moment.

Had I known he had them sitting there I might have tried to get there to do something but I don't think I would have been able to be in the area he was in time.

It's all good. I got their car and plate and with some other info coming in I'm sure it'll get handled.
To be fair I called you 4 times standing there on speaker phone with Mike myself and them two sitting right there. I figured since we had spoken 20 minutes prior and I was telling you I knew where they were, and was heading there and got your # from you you would know what was up...

Just sayin'.
Immaculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 12:52 PM   #52
Immaculate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I apologize and I didn't mean to jam you up.

If I'd have known that you were putting that much time and effort into it I would have told you not to mess with it right then because I knew it couldn't leave to fuck with it at the moment.

I thought you guys were going to cruise by real quick based on our discussion and let me know if he was in this location. I didn't know you were going to confront them. I didn't know you were going seriously out of your way. I feel bad but at the same time I called back as soon as I could and got no answer.

I'm assuming you'd already dipped out and I wouldn't expect you to stay anywhere for me.

I do apologize if you felt your time was wasted but I was just looking for some basic info to hand over to the police. You couldn't give me the address of where you thought he was at and that's fine but I can't drop what I am doing at any given moment to deal with this problem.
It's not that big of a deal but you didn't say anything about being busy. I asked you what you wanted done and you said if I could get the stuff back without police hassel that would be ideal didn't you assume I would have to talk to them to do that?

and I called you the last time at 740 and didn't hear back until 851. So yeah it was too late.
Unread 2011-07-18, 12:53 PM   #53
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 89
Likes (Given): 458
Likes (Received): 501
Dislikes (Given): 40
Dislikes (Received): 21

I have one missed call. I don't doubt you called more with my phones less than perfect track record of missing calls but that's all I saw.

I had the phone on the charger and I checked it and saw the missed call and your text. I text back and said I couldn't deal with it just yet and I'd call as soon as I could which I did.

Sorry for the miscommunication but, as mentioned, had I known at what lengths you'd be going to at that given moment I would have told you to hold up.

Anyways... I again apologize if you guys feel like you wasted your time. I just needed more of a heads up I guess.
Unread 2011-07-18, 12:57 PM   #54
Immaculate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I have one missed call. I don't doubt you called more with my phones less than perfect track record of missing calls but that's all I saw.

I had the phone on the charger and I checked it and saw the missed call and your text. I text back and said I couldn't deal with it just yet and I'd call as soon as I could which I did.

Sorry for the miscommunication but, as mentioned, had I known at what lengths you'd be going to at that given moment I would have told you to hold up.

Anyways... I again apologize if you guys feel like you wasted your time. I just needed more of a heads up I guess.
I understand, and I'm not butt hurt over the whole situation. That being said god forbid something like this happens to you or yours again but should it maybe don't put out such a sense of urgency if it's not your #1 priority.
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:02 PM   #55
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 1756
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 50

So are these two still getting their cut of the reward?
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:04 PM   #56
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I'm not sure at what point I implied that I wanted them found ASAP.

I was looking for info. Wondering if anyone on KCSR knew who they were and where they were located.

I never expected anyone to go physically hunt them down for me and when you said you were going to run by and see if they were around I'd assumed that's all you were doing and that you'd report back to me with what you found out.

I'm not saying you did anything wrong but I never knew that you were going to be needing me to come handle it right then. I just couldn't do it.

Also... It's not even my personal deal. It's her moms. I can't just stop what I'm doing on and be there to deal with it at any given moment and if you'd asked me "If I find him there can you come over and deal with it" I would have said no because I was in the middle of something even as we chatted briefly on facebook.
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:05 PM   #57
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by offensive View Post
I'm giving the info they gave me to the police and provided it does I don't see why not.
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:06 PM   #58
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 43
Thanks (Received): 136
Likes (Given): 165
Likes (Received): 766
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26

Also, it was Sunday at like 7 o'clock. I kind of figured this was sort of an urgency mission being that the next day they could go pawn all the shit early and being Sunday, I figured you wouldn't be doing a whole lot, especially with this on your plate. I don't really think I need to say more than has already been said so I'll just chalk it up to miscommunication.
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:09 PM   #59
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I should have been more specific I suppose and had you said a bit more on your plans I maybe could have worked around it better.

I'm certainly not offended in anyway and I'd be annoyed too if I'd done what you guys had done and not gotten an answer since you didn't know I was pre occupied

My wife just found out last night and I posted something up really quick as soon as I found out on Facebook and on here and meant to just walk away and see what info I had when I came back.

In fact I was gone for about 10 minutes in between our chats on facebook you might have noticed because I was too busy to be checking that stuff. If my phone would have been on me and not on the charger things might have played out different.
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:10 PM   #60
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like

They robbed the place Friday night so urgency was kind of out of the window as I assumed everything was already gone. Again... I didn't specify that so my bad
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:12 PM   #61
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by offensive View Post
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:18 PM   #62
Immaculate

Post Thanks / Like

Have you hit up any pawn shops today?
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:22 PM   #63
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like

No. I had to meet with the home inspector on the house we are buying this morning.

I think they (her mom and sisters) were going to go do some of that today anyways.
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:28 PM   #64
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 142
Thanks (Received): 328
Likes (Given): 1573
Likes (Received): 1974
Dislikes (Given): 60
Dislikes (Received): 19

The $500 dollar reward makes it seem urgent. People don't offer up a decent reward if they just want it done whenever.

www.truenutrition.com discount code rys241 for 5% off all orders!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes elite_cyborg liked this post
Sylva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:35 PM   #65
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that. I mean... we want them caught but I didn't mean "IT HAS TO BE SOLVED TONIGHT"

Anyways... I'm done with this thread. If anyone wants to help that's great. Shoot me a PM.

Anyone that wants to try and imply that I'm some how a piece of shit for missing a phone call then you can keep on doing it right here.
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:35 PM   #66
Sunny Z

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 21
Likes (Given): 18
Likes (Received): 80
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylva View Post
The $500 dollar reward makes it seem urgent. People don't offer up a decent reward if they just want it done whenever.
I would have to agree with this.

1978 Datsun 280z - 5.3 - 78mm turbo - Magnum T56 - Custom 8.8 IRS. It's a hole in my garage I shovel money into.
If I had all the money back that I've spent on cars, I'd spend it on cars.
Sunny Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:37 PM   #67
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 142
Thanks (Received): 328
Likes (Given): 1573
Likes (Received): 1974
Dislikes (Given): 60
Dislikes (Received): 19

Offer up reward for street justice, get cold feet.

Don't make threads out of anger.

www.truenutrition.com discount code rys241 for 5% off all orders!
Sylva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:41 PM   #68
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Unread 2011-07-18, 01:42 PM   #69
HiLandR
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 150
Thanks (Received): 121
Likes (Given): 833
Likes (Received): 729
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 14

Sad situation, good read! Lessons learned. Karma will catch kids!
2007 Audi S4 - traded
2004 BMW 540i - sold
2001 C5 sprayed Corvette - sold
HiLandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:01 PM   #70
AF-IX

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 11
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Quote:

Don't make threads out of anger.
+1

----------------------
Attention All:
Mombassa Ahkmed Bin Laden
Wanted: Dead or Alive
$500 Reward
(but it's not really urgent, I mean, doesn't have to be right now...just whenever I guess.)

---------------------------
AF-IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:07 PM   #71
tommygun
"I've had better"

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 209
Likes (Given): 164
Likes (Received): 1354
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29

5 dollar tip line on kcsr

tommygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:14 PM   #72
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 1756
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 50

1800-KC-TROLL
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:21 PM   #73
Hibidi-Shibidi
Delivers

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 140
Likes (Given): 33
Likes (Received): 932
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 18

Quote:
To be honest I'm not sure at what point I implied that I wanted them found ASAP.

I was looking for info. Wondering if anyone on KCSR knew who they were and where they were located.

I never expected anyone to go physically hunt them down for me and when you said you were going to run by and see if they were around I'd assumed that's all you were doing and that you'd report back to me with what you found out.

I'm not saying you did anything wrong but I never knew that you were going to be needing me to come handle it right then. I just couldn't do it.

Also... It's not even my personal deal. It's her moms. I can't just stop what I'm doing on and be there to deal with it at any given moment and if you'd asked me "If I find him there can you come over and deal with it" I would have said no because I was in the middle of something even as we chatted briefly on facebook.
What a crock of shit. Call the cops and wish them luck.

Take all this shit down on here and stop posting about it every other hour on facebook if you don't want to imply any sense of urgency.

And if you can't stop what you're doing, give contact info for someone that cares enough that they will.

Last edited by Hibidi-Shibidi; 2011-07-18 at 02:25 PM..
Hibidi-Shibidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:30 PM   #74
Fatguy
BANNED!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Thanks (Received): 163
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 508
Dislikes (Given): 88
Dislikes (Received): 45

Wait, hold on. Two KCSR members had the two culprits presumably in one of their houses, and nothing was done?

You know, I understand that Kyle dropped the ball, but why didn't Oblique or Immaculate call the police and be like, "hey, a have two people in my house that are suspected of being burglars, we are having a nice cup of coffee, any chance you can come pick them up? And then of course give them Kyle Lackey's name and have them dig through some records to find out something had been reported etc.., and then just sit there and and keep the two occupied while the police show up.

Maybe I'm just missing a lot of details, but if they are the ones Kyle posted about that took his shit, why would anyone just let them "leave", furthermore, how did Oblique manage to find him? Sounds like he knows them. Not well enough to be best buds because he wouldn't have posted about bringing them over and helping shit out for Kyle's sake. Should have just arrested them right there.

If they were serious about handing shit over and not having the police involved, why didn't they just leave the stuff with you? Or did they and I just managed to miss that part?

From what I gathered, they were going to work this out by coming to Oblique's house to give the shit back without the cops getting involved, but then he said it looked like they were pretty messed up so the stuff was probably gone.

None of that makes any fucking sense at all in the way they were "brought in" when Kyle "dropped" the ball.

You can't "handle shit without the police" unless they were going to give it all back. There seems to be quite a bit missing from this puzzle here.
Unread 2011-07-18, 02:35 PM   #75
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatguy View Post
Wait, hold on. Two KCSR members had the two culprits presumably in one of their houses, and nothing was done?

You know, I understand that Kyle dropped the ball, but why didn't Oblique or Immaculate call the police and be like, "hey, a have two people in my house that are suspected of being burglars, we are having a nice cup of coffee, any chance you can come pick them up? And then of course give them Kyle Lackey's name and have them dig through some records to find out something had been reported etc.., and then just sit there and and keep the two occupied while the police show up.

Maybe I'm just missing a lot of details, but if they are the ones Kyle posted about that took his shit, why would anyone just let them "leave", furthermore, how did Oblique manage to find him? Sounds like he knows them. Not well enough to be best buds because he wouldn't have posted about bringing them over and helping shit out for Kyle's sake. Should have just arrested them right there.

If they were serious about handing shit over and not having the police involved, why didn't they just leave the stuff with you? Or did they and I just managed to miss that part?

From what I gathered, they were going to work this out by coming to Oblique's house to give the shit back without the cops getting involved, but then he said it looked like they were pretty messed up so the stuff was probably gone.

None of that makes any fucking sense at all in the way they were "brought in" when Kyle "dropped" the ball.

You can't "handle shit without the police" unless they were going to give it all back. There seems to be quite a bit missing from this puzzle here.
They were not at either one of our houses and I don't really feel like I owe you an explanation as to why I didn't give up the address where they were at. I did what I thought was wanted and when that didn't work, they left. Am I suppose to care more than the person who got robbed and can't even pick up a phone?