Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Best of KCSR

Unread 2011-07-18, 05:04 PM   #226
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Fatguy ban... thread SILENT... amazing.
Ricerking13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:05 PM   #227
AF-IX

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 11
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomi View Post
Immaculate/Oblique I hope you have learned your lesson... you should never offer to help unless you are 10000000000% sure you can.
But they DID help, they tracked down the clowns and had them on a silver platter for the OP to take the next step...whether that was forgiving & forgetting, or fucking them up for taking advantage of a naive Christian's misplaced values.

Immaculate & Oblique should get their own bounty-hunting show on A&E, tracking down other vagabonds and misfits.

Last edited by AF-IX; 2011-07-18 at 05:18 PM..
AF-IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:05 PM   #228
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 43
Thanks (Received): 136
Likes (Given): 165
Likes (Received): 766
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26

Quote:
The correct response obviously would have been to ignore the call for help even though there was a chance that they could help. Immaculate/Oblique I hope you have learned your lesson... you should never offer to help unless you are 10000000000% sure you can.
Do you realize if he would have just answered the phone, this would have all been over right then? STOP TALKING EVERYONE PLEASE!
Oblique is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:07 PM   #229
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 142
Thanks (Received): 328
Likes (Given): 1573
Likes (Received): 1974
Dislikes (Given): 60
Dislikes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
Do you realize if he would have just answered the phone, this would have all been over right then? STOP TALKING EVERYONE PLEASE!
Easy killer, pretty sure he was being sarcastic and mocking fat fuck

www.truenutrition.com discount code rys241 for 5% off all orders!
Sylva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:07 PM   #230
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 403
Thanks (Received): 364
Likes (Given): 4988
Likes (Received): 2126
Dislikes (Given): 123
Dislikes (Received): 174

When I went to bed this morning, the thread was sane. When I woke up, holy shit. brb, going to read the whole thing before it gets sent to the nether regions of the interwebz.

btw, lol @ Fatguy getting banned again.
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:07 PM   #231
Steven
aka "The Joker"

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 84
Dislikes (Received): 2

Well then. This thread escalated quickly since I left. Hope your wife's parents get their belongings back Kyle. Whole deal sounds shitty.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:09 PM   #232
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylva View Post
Too many ignorant comments to keep them straight from the sarcastic ones.

Sorry doomi.
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:09 PM   #233
JustinCredible

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 178
Thanks (Received): 96
Likes (Given): 920
Likes (Received): 340
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 4

And for a short while peace once again returned to KCSR.

Last edited by JustinCredible; 2011-07-18 at 05:21 PM..
JustinCredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:13 PM   #234
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like

insanity!

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes offensive liked this post
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:15 PM   #235
doomi

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 37
Likes (Given): 464
Likes (Received): 182
Dislikes (Given): 14
Dislikes (Received): 3

Quote:
lol, my input in this thread has nothing to do with the miscommunication between you two. I was commenting, sarcastically in case it wasn't obvious, towards Fatguy's argument that you shouldn't have said you might be able to help out if you didn't know you 100% could. I know you're not going to but I've already stated my opinion a few times that you guys did what you could do. Nothing more nothing less.

And yes, I do realize if he had answered the phone it would have been over right th.... wait a minute this is KCSR. That wouldn't have happened anyway.

Quote:
si

Quote:

Sorry doomi.
No worries dude, I suck at internet sarcasm anyways.
doomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:18 PM   #236
Furious Goat

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 102
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 259
Likes (Received): 531
Dislikes (Given): 40
Dislikes (Received): 20

Ok since Fatguy got banned, tell me the whole story all over again from the beginning and I'll tell you how you're all wrong.
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:19 PM   #237
AF-IX

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 11
Dislikes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF-IX View Post
But they DID help, they tracked down the clowns and had them on a silver platter for the OP to take the next step...whether that was forgiving & forgetting, or fucking them up for taking advantage of a naive Christian's misplaced values.

Immaculate & Oblique should get their own bounty-hunting show on A&E, tracking down other vagabonds and misfits.
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry doomi.
Oooh:

AF-IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:20 PM   #238
Hibidi-Shibidi
Delivers

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 140
Likes (Given): 33
Likes (Received): 932
Dislikes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY View Post
Are you kidding? Is that the level of fraternity on this board? Reward offered or not, I would refuse it. I'm not going to be motivated to help a fellow member out on this board for some monetary gain. Shame on all of you. Of course, maybe that's just my own personal view...
The reward comment was to only drive home the point. I've done more than my fair share of work for people on this board with no monetary gain. Even after people have tried to shove the money down my throat.

My point was that someone put out what seemed to be an urgent call for help. Hard to deny that it didn't scream of urgency. Especially if you are friends on Facebook with him. He offered a substantial reward for this as well, which would be hard to argue didn't motivate people a little bit more.

People came to that call for help and went beyond what was asked of them.

When they tried to contact the person that yelled for help, they were no where to be found and then said that it really wasn't that urgent.

My whole grievance with this is that when people go out of their way, and possibly put themselves in harms way as well, the people that cried for help should at least be able to be contacted at any given time. Especially if they put out a sense of urgency for it all.

Don't tell people that you want someone found, have people find them, and then not do them the common courtesy of answering your phone. That's just plain jerking people off.
Hibidi-Shibidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:32 PM   #239
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibidi-Shibidi View Post
The reward comment was to only drive home the point. I've done more than my fair share of work for people on this board with no monetary gain. Even after people have tried to shove the money down my throat.

My point was that someone put out what seemed to be an urgent call for help. Hard to deny that it didn't scream of urgency. Especially if you are friends on Facebook with him. He offered a substantial reward for this as well, which would be hard to argue didn't motivate people a little bit more.

When they tried to contact the person that yelled for help, they were no where to be found and then said that it really wasn't that urgent.

My whole grievance with this is that when people go out of their way, and possibly put themselves in harms way as well, the people that cried for help should at least be able to be contacted at any given time. Especially if they put out a sense of urgency for it all.

Don't tell people that you want someone found, have people find them, and then not do them the common courtesy of answering your phone. That's just plain jerking people off.
Again, thank you.
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:47 PM   #240
FURY
Officer Doodiehead

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 60
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 193
Likes (Received): 1120
Dislikes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheaMyRyceGo View Post
JB + Tommy team up to sue Fatguy for slander = KCSR EPIC!!!!!!

It is not. I resent that. Slander is spoken. In print, it's libel.
Unread 2011-07-18, 05:51 PM   #241
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 89
Likes (Given): 458
Likes (Received): 501
Dislikes (Received): 21

Quote:

I personally don't think Oblique/Immaculate did anything wrong in this situation at all. They tried to help out and it didn't go through. We can't expect them to do anything to put themselves in a bad position to try to get to the bottom of things. I also don't feel like Kyle did much if anything wrong in this situation, other than possibly making it sound more urgent than it really was.

This thread pretty much sums it all up.

I said I wasn't going to post in here but I really feel as if some damage is being done to my character and I don't like that so let me spell it all out for you guys.

1. My in-laws house was "robbed" by people my sister in law was trying to be nice to on Friday night.

2. I found out about it on Sunday when they call and tell my wife about it.

3. I post about it on Facebook to see if I can get any info.

4. The wife mentions a reward so I make a post about it on KCSR.

5. I'm contacted by Immaculate over Facebook messenger and we talk about it a little bit. I learn he may know where the guy is staying.

6. I ask him if he can give me the location or if it will jam up anyone he knows and he let's me know that it really isn't an option.

7. He says he'll check on it and I tell him to text me if he finds out anything.

8. My phone is near dead so i put it on the charger at some point during all of this.

9. I keep on living my life.

10. Later, while busy with some family stuff, I check and see he'd tried calling and text me telling me to call him. It doesn't say "I found him and you need to come here". It doesn't mention anything about that. I tell him I'll call him when I am free to deal with it.

11. I call. No answer.

12. I find out they had the guy but he's gone. They tell me they have the make/model of the car and a plate number.

Let me clear when I say I never preferred to handle this without police. If it came off like that then I'm sorry but I was figuring the best way to go about it. As Fury mentioned we'd already been talking about it over PM.

What would I have done if I had answered the phone? They still didn't want the police to have the address and I think me going over and saying "Give me my shit back" around a bunch of people I don't know is about the worst idea ever.

I very much appreciate both of them checking on it for me and after reading this thread it does seem they went the extra mile to find the guy and corner him but without the ability to contact the police and point them to the kids it did my absolutely no good so I'm not sure answering the phone would have made a shit's bit of difference anyways.

I'm awfully sick of some of you jumping in here and attacking me about some shit you really don't understand. It seems like they don't even care half as much as the rest of KCSR who has no involvement aside from reading this thread.

I am sorry if I made it seem like it needed to be resolved that night.

I am sorry if I made them waste their time.

I am sorry about any miscommunication since first making this thread.

I am not sorry about not being around to answer a phone call I didn't expect to be coming in that time frame.

When he told me he might know where the guy is why should I have taken a stance to sit and wait for a possible call? He didn't even know for sure.

It's pretty shitty being on this end of the KCSR gun range. Some of you guys are real fucking pricks without knowing what the fuck you are running your mouths about.
Unread 2011-07-18, 06:01 PM   #242
Ju
KCSR Queen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 198
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 6

What a goldmine.
Ju is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 06:02 PM   #243
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like

Even after reading that post, I still feel this best sums up what has happened here.

Quote:

Unread 2011-07-18, 06:03 PM   #244
FURY
Officer Doodiehead

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 60
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 193
Likes (Received): 1120
Dislikes (Received): 30

Quote:

You and I have different concepts of "urgency".

Secondly, while the intentions were good, circumventing the police to enact your own "street justice" is not the wisest of ideas. I'm aware that in some departments, there are officers who deliver less than standard or expected quality of police service, however, obtaining information for police is what you SHOULD do. There are some things you can do without police involvement, and there are some things you shouldn't. It may be too late before you find yourself in a situation that can put you or friends in a bad situation. For example, IF they had a weapon and attacked you, you could be harmed. If you harmed them in the process of recovering stolen items, you yourself are now subject to possible criminal charges, as well as (potentially) Kyle for offering payment for your "services" rendered.

My point is, if you circumvent law enforcement to take the law into your own hands, know that you are doing so at your own risk, and the risks can be as small as placing your own personal belongings at risk (keyed car, busted window, etc.), and can be as heavy as someone winding up in jail, or worse, someone dead. Be careful, and don't say you've been warned.
FURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 06:04 PM   #245
Immaculate

Post Thanks / Like

Now you're assuming because we didn't want to bring down a shit storm on an innocent parties house that I wouldn't have been perfectly fine with getting the police involved. I talked to Oblique about following them while on the phone with you so you could get the police involved and have them arrested.

Plain and simple I asked what you wanted done and you said it would be ideal to do it without police involvement. These are the facts. Whatever opinions people are going to make has nothing to to with this. But please don't throw me under any buses to try to save face.
Immaculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 06:07 PM   #246
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

Secondly, while the intentions were good, circumventing the police to enact your own "street justice" is not the wisest of ideas. I'm aware that in some departments, there are officers who deliver less than standard or expected quality of police service, however, obtaining information for police is what you SHOULD do. There are some things you can do without police involvement, and there are some things you shouldn't. It may be too late before you find yourself in a situation that can put you or friends in a bad situation. For example, IF they had a weapon and attacked you, you could be harmed. If you harmed them in the process of recovering stolen items, you yourself are now subject to possible criminal charges, as well as (potentially) Kyle for offering payment for your "services" rendered.

My point is, if you circumvent law enforcement to take the law into your own hands, know that you are doing so at your own risk, and the risks can be as small as placing your own personal belongings at risk (keyed car, busted window, etc.), and can be as heavy as someone winding up in jail, or worse, someone dead. Be careful, and don't say you've been warned.
Not that I don't agree with you. But this is what kyle asked people to do and offered up his price and people jumped. Now that it actually happened it seems like he wants to shy away and thats BS imo.

Unread 2011-07-18, 06:10 PM   #247
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Si View Post
What would I have done if I had answered the phone? They still didn't want the police to have the address and I think me going over and saying "Give me my shit back" around a bunch of people I don't know is about the worst idea ever.

I very much appreciate both of them checking on it for me and after reading this thread it does seem they went the extra mile to find the guy and corner him but without the ability to contact the police and point them to the kids it did my absolutely no good so I'm not sure answering the phone would have made a shit's bit of difference anyways.
We had them scared, willing to sit there and talk to someone (you, your sister in law) about what happened. If we could have got a hold of you, then you could have got a hold of whoever in your family and we would have escorted the kids to them and go from there.
Unread 2011-07-18, 06:12 PM   #248
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like

Show me where I said "I do not want to involve the police"

I got the impression that you didn't want the cops at this location when i asked something to the effect of "is it an address you can give me or would that jam up someone you know" and you basically told me you didn't want to jam them up.

I'm not throwing you under any bus. I am simply stating that, as I stated many times previously, there was a miscommunication.

You clearly didn't understand me and I clearly didn't understand you. That doesn't make you a bad guy and it doesn't make me a bad guy. It just means that two people were talking and didn't understand each other.

It was a quick convo over a fucking Facebook chat for crying out loud. You never told me you were going to find him and hold him for me. You said that you were going to check and let me know so I assumed that's what was going to happen.

If you've got a problem with how I handled this then you need to come and talk to me.

You are assuming a lot of what I wanted based on a conversation had online.

Oh and Hibidi... you keep talking about how I kept posting about it... I posted my status about it and then posted the kids profiles last night and then I reposted the profiles this morning. Hardly the "constant" posting you speak of.
Unread 2011-07-18, 06:12 PM   #249
Immaculate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

How is it a bad thing to try to get someones shit back without the police being involved? I never once said the words street justice nor did imply that's what we were doing. We had a chance to help someone out per their request, and tried to do so. Then everyone assumes because that was what we tried first that that was the extent of what we were willing to do. You guys don't know shit about the details so how can you even form an opinion on what we did?

All I'm saying is if he answers his phone the situation certainly would have ended differently.
Immaculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-07-18, 06:13 PM   #250
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
We had them scared, willing to sit there and talk to someone (you, your sister in law) about what happened. If we could have got a hold of you, then you could have got a hold of whoever in your family and we would have escorted the kids to them and go from there.

I know this now but I had no idea that was your plan. Had I know I'd have told you not to do it because I for sure wasn't going to come talk to them.

You even said it looked like they'd spent it on drugs anyways so chances are it wouldn't have done any good.

I wanted to know where they were so I could send the police there after them or I wanted them to give the stuff back. Obviously the latter was not a very hopeful wish but it'd have been nice all the same.