Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > Video & Photography

Unread 2014-08-27, 12:20 PM   #26
Buford

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdiehl View Post
Mind if I ask what the G8 sold for?

New car looks great! Favorite color by far.
I started the bid at $35k, ended up selling it for $33k and a bought another transmission to throw in on the deal. I did sell the G8 to put my efforts and money toward the Mustang. Now, I realized I need multiple fun cars so if one goes down, I'm not overly stressing and rushing to get it done. I was just working on the Mustang putting a chute on it and it pissed me off so I got in the Shelby and went for a ride. Nice stress reliever!

As far as the color combo, it's quasi rare. I've only seen it a couple times and honestly, its the only reason I bought the car that day. Once I saw it, I wouldn't settle for another combo.
Buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-31, 01:19 PM   #27
05SRT

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 76
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 177
Likes (Received): 384
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 7

Looking good man. Pretty jealous.

// Turbo By Garrett // Turbosmart USA // Golden Eagle Mfg. // 425 Motorsports // Gearhead Performance // Adaptronic // PTP Turbo Blankets //
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Buford thanked for this post
Likes Buford liked this post
05SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-31, 01:38 PM   #28
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 940
Thanks (Received): 340
Likes (Given): 6502
Likes (Received): 2774
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 137

What mods are done?
mild83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-09-09, 09:34 AM   #29
Buford

Post Thanks / Like

Bolt ons and Team Z rear suspension. Makes 700rwhp/700rwtq. E85 goes on soon.
Unread 2014-09-09, 10:14 AM   #30
HiLandR
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 150
Thanks (Received): 121
Likes (Given): 833
Likes (Received): 729
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 14

Dude that thing looks sexy. That night shot!!!!!
2007 Audi S4 - traded
2004 BMW 540i - sold
2001 C5 sprayed Corvette - sold
HiLandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-09-10, 01:05 AM   #31
Buford

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dude!!
Unread 2014-09-10, 04:37 AM   #32
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 940
Thanks (Received): 340
Likes (Given): 6502
Likes (Received): 2774
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford View Post
Bolt ons and Team Z rear suspension. Makes 700rwhp/700rwtq. E85 goes on soon.
Damn. I'd love one of these. How are you liking it?
mild83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-09-11, 10:54 PM   #33
Buford

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Damn. I'd love one of these. How are you liking it?
Stock... It is disappointing. It was a confusing car. 662hp is nice but they put 285mm tires on it and made it feel like they built it for old people. It's too refined.. Even though the stock mufflers sound good, you can't hear it... Even with the windows down. It's nearly impossible to slam 2nd gear due to drivetrain flex. I've had to swap out shifters, motor mounts, add torque limiters, trans mount bushings all in order to hit 2nd. Now... It's perfect. The stock rear suspension needed work too. The stock geometry for the car was so far out of whack.

I'm nearly close to having it perfect but you'd think for the money, this car wouldn't need mods to hit 2nd gear or tires/suspension to make the car usable. Even a set of Pilot Sports would have been a major upgrade over Goodyear's.

Besides the negative stuff, car is a looker. It's gearing makes it a highway beast and it sounds amazing with just an off road h pipe on stock mufflers. The powerplant is silly. 700rwhp with 6 mods lol
Unread 2014-09-12, 04:11 AM   #34
uprrman23

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 267
Thanks (Received): 319
Likes (Given): 1963
Likes (Received): 2502
Dislikes (Given): 40
Dislikes (Received): 51

mother of god. I'm a chevy guy but Mustang hit the nail on the head with these cars. Simply gorgeous man. Jealous as hell.
uprrman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-09-12, 08:27 AM   #35
redline5.0

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 34
Likes (Given): 126
Likes (Received): 285
Dislikes (Given): 13
Dislikes (Received): 18

Ya Ford needs to be punched in the face for making remote mount shifters for the mt-82 and tr-6060. I almost have my 5.0 shifting the way I want after a twin disc clutch, ss line, mgw shifter and need to get a whiteline trans bushing. while the tr-6060 is better i'll prolly swap to the magnum when mine explodes.
Unread 2014-09-13, 10:41 PM   #36
Buford

Post Thanks / Like

The remote mounted shifter is a joke. The magnum XL is awesome and a no brainer if you want a better stick shifting experience. I miss having an automatic with this garbage.
Unread 2014-09-15, 11:53 AM   #37
Buford

Post Thanks / Like

Figured I would toss up a pic of the engine

Unread 2018-02-21, 10:44 AM   #38
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Since Justin is busy moving, I figured I would update his post and as you can see the car has changed a bit

Justin Young’s GT500’s New Look: Achieving the Perfect Wrap

Mustang guys know Justin Young from Mod Motor Mustangs and the group’s quickly-growing annual ModNationals drag race held at South Georgia Motorsports Park. Our readers will remember him from the recent coverage of his GT500 build. We absolutely adore Justin’s passion and attitude towards modern muscle cars, and his car has left a big impression on our staff and readers alike.
Over the last few weeks, Justin has been teasing the internet about an upcoming appearance change to his Shelby, and he’s giving us the first look at what he’s done. While he has at least let on that he’s having his car wrapped, he’s kept the color and/or graphics totally secret from the watchful eyes of the internet. So here it is:

The wrap was done by the artist at Elite Custom Installs in Fredericksburg, VA.
“We knew this wrap had to be absolutely perfect because the Mustang community would be waiting to offer their critiques, and we’re proud to present the new look of Justin’s Shelby.” -Chris, Owner and Wrap Artist at Elite Custom Installs
Something not many people consider is that no matter how careful you are with them, cars can get scuffed during normal operation. Towing to the track, and just driving around town, the body of any car can quickly become ‘too damaged’ to wrap, which can mean even minimal dents or paint scratches. We’ll talk more about the technique behind wrapping and this myth that you can wrap anything in an article that’s later to come.

#gallery-7 { margin: auto; } #gallery-7 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 50%; } #gallery-7 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-7 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; }

To get his car up to snuff for a proper, professional wrap, Young enlisted Extreme Custom Collision, a high-end body shop in Virginia, to fix the bumpers and repaint some spots needed to get the car ready to be enveloped in its new hue. They were also the ones who recommended Justin take his car to Elite Custom Installs to make sure he was in good hands to have the wrap performed and give the car new life.
#gallery-8 { margin: auto; } #gallery-8 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 25%; } #gallery-8 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-8 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; }

Justin Young is the kind of person who doesn’t make a move without some serious planning and reasoning behind it, so we wanted to know more about his choice to change the appearance, and why he went with the look he did. We once again got Justin to sit down with us and offer a little insight on his decision to change the color, and the choices he made along the way.
P&P: Why did you decide to change the color?

Photo by NJS Media

I absolutely loved the grey color with the Sonic Blue stripes. It looks so good in person. Unfortunately, Grey cars go unnoticed, and with the number of sponsors and vendors that were paramount in helping me build this car, I felt a color change would be just the ticket to get this car viewed by more eyeballs. The white-on-black theme will never get old and it looks amazing without being overdone.
P&P: Why did you decide to wrap instead of paint or dip?

Justin Young: I can’t paint a Shelby. If it was a base model, sure but not this car. But since it is a Shelby, a full and complete color change was needed. It’s a high-end Mustang, it deserves a top-notch wrap job. It looks like a paint job. The quality of today’s wrapping material is insane. Most people that’ll look at this car, will assume and believe it’s a paint job. The amount of detail that went into it is remarkable and you’ll have to look very hard and close to see the telltale signs that it’s a wrap.
“The shop set the bar high and I feel you’ll see more Shelbys getting wrapped like mine.”
The benefits of the wrap are many. Firstly, and specifically for a Shelby, you aren’t diminishing the value of the car by changing the color. People who buy Shelbys generally want an OEM color. If I ever were to sell this car, with or without the wrap, they have the option to go with an OEM color.

Secondly, protection of said OEM paint. This paint will be showroom condition as long as this wrap stays on. Thirdly, if I don’t absolutely love the color, it’s a lot easier to change than a full paint job.

Finally, if I do get scratches from the kid’s bike, or a door is dinged or scratched, we can just replace the vinyl piece that was damaged very easily and cheaper than paint. With the ceramic coat protection we added, this wrap could very well last 10 years with proper care.
P&P: Why did you choose this color?

JY: My whole life, it seems like I’ve been drawn to white cars, as I’ve owned my fair share of them, not even intentionally. Their starkness has always drawn me in.
We were so serious about this wrap and making the car white that every body panel that could be removed was. We wanted every piece of exposed grey to be white and as you can see, we went to the extreme. We even plastidipped the engine bay, inner body panels, door hinges and inner gas cap lid black to complete the transformation.
When I went to Memphis for the first year of ModNationals, I met John Bonner of Dynospeed Racing. John owns a very fast and very clean white S197 on Weld wheels and it spoke to me. That was the new goal with the car.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

Last edited by JDLM; 2018-02-21 at 10:47 AM..
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-02-26, 08:45 AM   #39
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 181
Likes (Received): 217
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 6

I may be in the minority but I think the original colors were more unique than another white Mustang... at least with the wrap it's easily reversible.
Unread 2018-02-26, 07:37 PM   #40
Wallace

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 113
Likes (Given): 252
Likes (Received): 899
Dislikes (Given): 9
Dislikes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosM3 View Post
I may be in the minority but I think the original colors were more unique than another white Mustang... at least with the wrap it's easily reversible.
Agreed
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-02-27, 07:23 AM   #41
realdiehl

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 108
Likes (Given): 558
Likes (Received): 776
Dislikes (Given): 16
Dislikes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
Agreed
x2 The white on black is a great combo, though.

The attention given on that wrap is incredible. Doing all the jambs and under hood area would be a major PITA.
realdiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-02-27, 10:13 AM   #42
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 194
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 1346
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosM3 View Post
Yes, but he explained why he changed the color.

Quote:
I absolutely loved the grey color with the Sonic Blue stripes. It looks so good in person. Unfortunately, Grey cars go unnoticed, and with the number of sponsors and vendors that were paramount in helping me build this car, I felt a color change would be just the ticket to get this car viewed by more eyeballs. The white-on-black theme will never get old and it looks amazing without being overdone.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-02-28, 08:49 AM   #43
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 181
Likes (Received): 217
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
Yes, but he explained why he changed the color.
Yeah I read what was written, I just disagree...
Unread 2018-02-28, 09:49 AM   #44
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

fwiw: Buford can't remember his login (un/pass) plus he is busy with travelling for work, moving etc.. I am sure he'll come and post when he can

Unread 2018-04-09, 03:32 PM   #45
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Justin Young is with Joe Goodnough and 3 others.

5 mins

VMP TVS 2650 / 2.8" / 20.5 degrees / 18.9 PSI peak
vs
BPS Trinity 2.3 / 2.4" / 22.5 degrees / 18.84 PSI

Read into this how you want but bottomline, the 2.65 is a bad bitch and I can't wait to see what it does on the '19/20 GT500. 1000whp on a stock engine will be easy.

Show more reactions