Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2014-03-24, 05:55 PM   #1
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Default Prometheus 2 Set for 2016, Michael Green Boards as Writer

On the heels of last week's announcement that 20th Century Fox has set a mystery Ridley Scott film for March 4, 2016 comes confirmation, via The Wrap, that the project in question is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus (and a prequel to the rest of the Alien franchise).
The outlet also reports that Green Lantern scribe Michael Green, who has been working with Scott on the proposed Blade Runner sequel, will rewrite Prometheus 2 and that the script calls for multiple versions of David, the synthetic played by Michael Fassbender in the first film, which also starred Noomi Rapace, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, Logan Marshall-Green and Charlize Theron.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-03-24, 05:57 PM   #2
evilpoptart

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 78
Likes (Given): 167
Likes (Received): 491
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 15

I liked the concept of Prometheus, hopefully they'll capitalize on this.
Unread 2014-03-24, 06:02 PM   #3
KCzx2MO

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 108
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 567
Likes (Received): 108
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 6

I was so let down by Prometheus...
KCzx2MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-03-24, 06:16 PM   #4
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 906
Thanks (Received): 327
Likes (Given): 6240
Likes (Received): 2689
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 127

I thought it was ok, not sure i need another alien flick.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-03-24, 06:18 PM   #5
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 688
Likes (Given): 337
Likes (Received): 3944
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

I loved Prometheus. Looking forward to the next.
Unread 2014-03-24, 09:04 PM   #6
djquik1

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 80
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 543
Likes (Received): 318
Dislikes (Given): 20
Dislikes (Received): 15

Hold on, the guy that wrote Green Lantern? That movie was a failure.....please don't ruin more of the Alien franchise. Prometheus was good, the extended version was even better when it was released after theaters
Unread 2014-03-24, 10:08 PM   #7
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Martin Campbell ruined Green Lantern not the writer

Unread 2014-11-19, 06:39 PM   #8
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

PROMETHEUS 2 Will Have A New Alien

We may not be seeing the Xenomorphs any time soon, but in a recent interview, director Ridley Scott ("Blade Runner") revealed plans to include a "fresher form of alien" in the Prometheus sequel. Hit the jump to check it out.

In Prometheus, Dr. Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) became "pregnant" with an alien creature. She had it removed with the do-it-yourself surgery pod. That's when we see it's a slimy creature with tentacles. Later on when the Engineer attacks Shaw, her alien infant leaps upon the Engineer, rescuing her. During the alien-on-alien battle Shaw's alien smothers the Engineer's face. When the camera pulls back we see Shaw's alien is actually a large Face Hugger. The final shot in the film is of the Engineer's chest bursting open and a Xenomorph-like creature emerging. Director Ridley Scott acknowledged to The Australian that the final creature is “awfully close to the alien” from 1979's Alien.

If you're hoping the Prometheus sequel will bring something new to the table, when it comes to aliens, you're in luck. Scott said, "So with Prometheus 2 what I’m trying to do is reintroduce a fresher form of alien in the third act.

Unread 2014-11-20, 09:40 AM   #9
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 178
Likes (Received): 216

In a recent artle quoted on Nerdist Ridley Scott said in it he'll be, "getting away from Gods and Dragons... if I see one more dragon... stop the dragons." While I understand the saturation of dragons between The Hobbit, Game of Thrones, etc. I'm really hoping his reference to Gods was a nod to Exodus and not the subject matter of Prometheus 2.

Prometheus was all about Gods and creation, and where we come from, and the darker side of that... Prometheus 2 really needs to expand on that and deliver what everyone was hoping for in the first. Not just a new alien in the third act though I agree the Deacon needs to be replaced with something better.
Unread 2015-09-23, 11:26 AM   #10
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Ridley Scott Says We Could Possibly Get Three More PROMETHEUS Films Before The Next ALIEN Movie

It's true! In Ridley Scott's latest interview, he reveals that we could possibly receive three more films in the Prometheus franchise, before we switch gears back to the Alien franchise! What does this mean for Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5? Check out all the details HERE...

With Prometheus 2 scheduled to begin filming this February, director Ridley Scott revealed - in an interview with German website FilmFutter, that the Prometheus franchise will extend quite a bit before we can get back to Ripley and her adventures with the deadly Xenomorphs! How much of an extension are we talking? Well, according to Scott, we could possibly lay eyes on three more films! "Yes. But it won’t be in the next one. It will be in the one after this one or maybe even a fourth film before we get back into the Alien franchise." Ridley said referring to Prometheus' connection with the Alien films.

So, if these films were to be made, what would they consist of? Would it reveal just how the very first Xenomorph was created? Or would it go even deeper and reveal why the Engineers created the humans, and suddenly wanted to destroy them? I'm sure you have many more questions, ask do I, but the one big question a lot of people are asking is - What does this mean for Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5? Will we no longer see that?

Luckily, Ridley Scott touched up on that, and revealed that his job is to pave the path to the Alien films and answer many questions along the way. "The whole point of it is to explain the Alien franchise and to explain the how and why of the creation of the Alien itself. I always thought of the Alien as a kind of piece of bacterial warfare." He then added, "I always thought that that original ship, which I call the Croissant, was a battleship, holding these biomechanoid creatures that were all about destruction.

So, before we begin to create more storylines for the Alien creature, we must find out its origin, and everything around it! At least that's what Ridley Scott is suggesting! Will Noomi Rapace & Michael Fassbender appear in all of these films? Who knows, but I'm sure that all will be answered in due time! Are you ready to lay eyes on three more Prometheus films? I know I am! Share your thoughts in the comment section below!

Unread 2015-09-23, 01:46 PM   #11
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 178
Likes (Received): 216

Ridley Scott just needs to go away... Prometheus wasn't done well enough to justify three more films. He needs to fix the first one with the second, focus on the engineers and let Blomkamp get to work on Alien 5.
Unread 2015-09-24, 01:26 PM   #12
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Prometheus 2 To Be Called Alien: Paradise Lost

After just one installment, Prometheus filmmaker Ridley Scott has apparently decided that sequels to that film would do better with the Alien franchise explicitly attached.
During an interview released today, Scott revealed that the forthcoming film previously known only as Promehteus 2 will in fact be titled Alien: Paradise Lost.
You can check it out below.
Last year, many thought that Scott’s Prometheus follow-up would land in March 2016, but the director decided to tackle The Martain, an adaptation of Andy Weir best-selling sci-fi novel first. Now Alien: Paradise Lost is expected to begin production in January. The Prometheus sequel will pick up where the last movie left off, in that, Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw and Michael Fassbender’s David the android will be headed to homeworld of the Engineers to have them answer a very important question: Why did they create humans and then try to eradicate us?

Unread 2015-09-24, 03:14 PM   #13
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 183
Thanks (Received): 259
Likes (Given): 2184
Likes (Received): 1601
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

so what's the alien 5 movie going to be called then?
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-09-25, 08:20 AM   #14
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Ridley Scott Explains Why PROMETHEUS 2 Has Become An ALIEN Movie

Earlier today, Ridley Scott revealed the surprising Alien themed title of Prometheus 2, but what led to the change? The Martian director explains that here, and it sounds like the sequel will be tied closely into the 1979 classic. Read on for details!

Earlier today, Ridley Scott revealed that the Prometheus sequel will be titled Alien: Paradise Lost. That came as a major surprise, especially as Neill Blomkamp is supposed to be working on the fifth instalment of the franchise. So, why Alien: Paradise Lost? "Well, because we're heading back to why and how and when the beast was invented," the filmmaker told HeyUGuys earlier tonight. "We'll go back into the back door of the very first Alien that I did thirty years ago." It sound like the movie will do what Prometheus didn't and actually start linking up to the events of that sci-fi classic then, but what do you guys hope we see? Weigh in with your thoughts and theories below.

Unread 2015-09-25, 09:03 PM   #15
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Ridley Scott Reveals Major ALIEN: PARADISE LOST Details On 'Ripley', 'Xenomorphs', And More

Sir Ridley Scott has dropped some huge new details on Alien: Paradise Lost, confirming the return of the Xenomorphs, ties to Ripley, whether we'll be seeing Michael Fassbender as a disembodied head for the entire movie, and much more! Hit the jump to check it out...

Yesterday, Sir Ridley Scott revealed that his Prometheus sequel is going to be titled Alien: Paradise Lost, and he's now shed even more light on what we should expect from the movie. Asked to go into further detail by Empire Online about the reason for the name change, The Martian helmer explained: "Years ago, I kept mulling over what Alien 2 could be. I was fiddling around with some ideas. I was always fascinated with why this thing [the xenomorph] would be made, by whom, and for what purpose? The planet it was on – and I was looking at the dark side of the moon – would be called Paradise. Paradise is a very ominous word..." It's clear then that this movie is going to have some very close ties to Alien, something which Prometheus was sorely lacking. However, the name change hasn't caused too many changes. "In a way it is Prometheus 2. It’s exactly the same story. But it was always in the works to be called that [Alien: Paradise Lost]. Is Prometheus actually taking us off course from where I’m going, which is actually backing into the first Alien... I’ve even got connections with Ripley [in this], but I’m not telling you what."

The fact that it will feature ties to Ripley is obviously very exciting news for Alien fans, but those same fans have no doubt spent the past 24 hours fretting about Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5. After all, surely they're not going to release that movie just a couple of years after a prequel to the first instalment in the franchise? Won't that just confuse moviegoers? Whatever the answer may be, it's definitely still happening! "I’m producing it," Scott confirmed. "The design is for it to go out next, after this. This will go out first. It’s more associated with Ripley, it’s a completely different angle, it’s more of a sequel. I’m coming in from the back end." Oh, and here's where things get really exciting; the filmmaker has changed his stance on bringing back the Xenomorph! "I think I have to go again. We will see who made it, and why. That’s what’s interesting." Finally, he addressed the possibility that we'll be spending the entirety of Alien: Paradise Lost seeing Michael Fassbender play little more than a disembodied head! "It’s going to be better than that," he laughed. "It’s a very nice big idea I’ve got. It’s really great. You’re going to have to wait..." What do you think?

Unread 2015-09-29, 08:09 PM   #16
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Ridley Scott Reveals Major ALIEN: PARADISE LOST Details

Sir Ridley Scott certainly hasn't shied away from revealing new details about Alien: Paradise Lost during the press tour for The Martian, and in a new interview with Yahoo Movies, he shed more light on what we should expect from the recently retitled Prometheus sequel which is set to build towards the events of the original Alien. "It continues after the last one, where Elizabeth Shaw [Noomi Rapace] says, 'I wanna go where they came from,'" the filmmaker explains. "And you’ve got Michael Fassbender in two parts, so she’ll slowly put him back together. They will go to the world of the Engineer." Asked to clarify if that means the duo will be arriving on the planet belonging to the Engingeers, he confirmed: "That’s where they’re going to go. They will find out who would design such an awful bio-mechanoid creature, like a massive piece of bacteria."

Unread 2015-10-07, 10:51 AM   #17
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

‘Alien: Paradise Lost’ Will Introduce New Explorers to Get Mercilessly Slaughtered in Space

No one in the universe wants a sequel to Prometheus more than director Ridley Scott, who has been talking about a follow-up to his Alien prequel ever since it left audiences baffled and divided three years ago. Now titled Alien: Paradise Lost, the film that once was Prometheus 2 has charted a course for an early 2016 start date and Scott has been slowly spilling plot details to anyone who will listen. The latest news: the survivors of the first film will be joined by a new crew of characters. After all, what good is an Alien movie without a body count?
Everything we know about this so far can be found after the jump.

Speaking with Gregory Ellwood at Awards Campaign, Scott revealed that Noomi Rapace‘s Elizabeth and Michael Fassbender‘s David will not be alone on their quest to track down the mysterious Engineers. After all, a movie about a dangerous space voyage where 50% of your cast is literally a severed head doesn’t sound like much fun. Anyway, our intrepid space travelers will apparently encounter a new group of people along the way:
“It’s going to be it’s own separate thing because they are going to the planet of the Engineers and they are going to see what happened there. It was a disaster. And they will be in that alien craft that takes them there, but with a new group that’s incoming, a new group of travelers in the beginning of the first act.”
So put on your prediction caps, Alien fans. Who could this new “group of travelers” represent? If the movie wanted to make a cheeky reference to the original franchise, they would be a crew of space marines, possibly even a rescue party. They could be rival scientists, exploring the same turf as Dr. Shaw and her late, crushed/blown-up/ripped-to-shreds brethren. Maybe they’ll be space truckers, totally average folks who find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. In any case, most of them will probably become fodder for an angry Xenomorph at some point.
With The Martian going over like gangbusters with critics and audiences, Scott has been using his new supply of goodwill talk about Alien: Paradise Lost without sounding like a total crazy person. Prometheus was a mixed bag – a gorgeous, technically jaw-dropping, dumb-as-a-pile-of-moon-rocks mixed bag – so everyone was rightfully skeptical when he started going on about Prometheus 3 and Prometheus 4. Still, The Martian is Scott’s best movie in years, maybe even decades. If he wants to ride this high into another Alien movie, bless his heart. We’ll follow him down this rabbit hole.

Unread 2015-11-11, 05:47 PM   #18
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Ridley Scott Talks ALIEN: PARADISE LOST; SPECTRE Scribe John Logan Will Co-Write

Ridley Scott recently explained how his Prometheus sequels would tie-in into the original Alien, suggesting we'll eventually learn the origin of the Xenomorphs. It seems he'll also be working alongside a new writing partner: Spectre scribe John Logan. Read on for more!

It sounds like we're finally going to find out who (or what) created the Xenomorphs in Ridley Scott's upcoming Prometheus sequels. Speaking to IGN, the director confirmed that the first sequel, Alien: Paradist Lost, will begin shooting in February, and eventually they'll answer the questions originally posed in 1979's Alien. "There will be another after [Paradise Lost]," he insisted, "And then maybe we'll back into Alien 1, as to why? Who would make such a dreadful thing?”

Last week, Scott revealed to Variety that he is currently rewriting the movie's script. He elaborated on that further with IGN, claiming "I'm trying to keep this for myself. I let the other one get away from me – I shouldn’t have… I’m trying to re-resurrect the beast and let if off the hook for a while because I’m coming back into the back-end of Alien 1. I’m gradually getting to Alien 1."

However, he won't be handling script duties alone. Working alongside Scott will be Skyfall & Spectre scribe John Logan. The three-time Oscar nominee also worked on one of Scott's most beloved movies: Gladiator. Despite Spectre's mixed reviews, he's a solid choice - and an improvement on Prometheus writer Damon Lindelof (who many blamed for that movie's shortcomings). Hopefully Logan can help Scott create another great sci-fi movie to follow The Martian.

Unread 2015-11-15, 03:20 PM   #19
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Prometheus Sequel Will Now Be Called Alien: Covenant According To Ridley Scott

The saga of the next Prometheus movie continues as Ridley Scott dropped a new name for his upcoming sequel. While at the AFI Film Festival, Scott took part in an hour long conversation with fans about his entire career revealing new bits of information here and there.
Now, up to this point, the movie has been going by the name Alien: Paradise Lost but you know how these things go. As Scott works on the movie, things change, and in this case - so did the title. The crazy part is that the name was casually dropped during a story about his most recent hit, The Martian.
“I was going to be doing what will be called ‘Alien: Covenant,’ which starts shooting next February, and we were struggling then with the screenplay there and then there was a phone call, somebody saying, ‘Listen, we’ve got this thing which is completely written called ‘Martian,’ and I said, ‘Huh.’ And I sped read it in an hour and by mid-afternoon, I talked to Fox and said, ‘I need to talk to ‘Drew [Goddard]…’”
So what do you think ComicBook.com readers? Is this the final name or will we get a few more iterations before work finally begins on it? Let us know in the comments below!

Unread 2015-11-16, 06:41 PM   #20
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Alien: Covenant Official Synopsis, Logo & Release Date

Fox has revealed an official synopsis, logo and release date for the Prometheus sequel, which is titled Alien: Covenant.
Synopsis: Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in Alien with Alien: Covenant, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with Prometheus -- and connects directly to Scott's 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
The most surprising pieces of info from this synopsis are that Noomi Rapace and her character Elizabeth Shaw appear to be left out; this film will "directly" connect to 1979's Alien, which launched the franchise and starred Sigourney Weaver as Ripley; and Alien: Covenant is the second film in a trilogy. Rapace had been expected to return. At the end of the last film she and David the android headed toward the Engineer's home world in search of answers. A "direct" connection to Alien wasn't expected to come this soon as Scott had said that would come further down the road. As for the trilogy, Scott had recently said he wants to make 3 Prometheus sequels, so a fourth Prometheus film appears to be nixed.

Unread 2015-11-27, 10:06 AM   #21
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Ridley Scott Says to Expect Three More Alien Prequels

Ridley Scott says to expect three more Alien prequels

On November 16, 20th Century Fox officially announced a title, release date and synopsis for the Prometheus sequel and first of the Alien prequels. The film, which is titled Alien: Covenant, is starting pre-production in Australia now for filming to begin at Sydney’s Fox Studios in March of 2016 for 16 weeks. Coming to theaters on October 6, 2017, Alien: Covenant was described by the studio as follows:

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
Fast forward to today, and Scott says that the line-up of Alien prequels to come are actually more like what James Cameron is planning for the three Avatar sequels, where Prometheus serves as the first film and will be followed by three more movies before linking back up to Scott’s 1979 release, Alien. So, unlike what the synopsis says above, Alien: Covenant will actually be the second movie of four in total.
“Its a very complex story. Its an evolution of what I first did with Prometheus 1,” Scott revealed at a press conference in Sydney, Australia, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “Prometheus 1 was borne out of my frustration that on Alien 1 in 1979 – I only did one as I don’t normally do sequels. I was amazed that in the 3 that followed that no-one asked the question ‘why the Alien, who made it and why?’ Very basic questions. So I came up with the notion of Prometheus 1, which starts to indicate who might have made it and where it came from.”
He added: “So I’m now going to the next one, which is the next evolution directly connected with the first one, which was this Shaw, when [s]he replaced Michael Fassbender in two pieces and we’ll kind of pick it up there and it will evolve. When that’s finished there’ll be another one and then another one which will gradually drive into the back entrance of the film in 1979… So in other words, why was this space jockey there and why did he have an Alien inside him? And those questions will be answered.”
Michael Fassbender is set to reprise the role of the android David. Other casting has not yet been confirmed, but the director did clarify that Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw will only appear briefly in Alien: Covenant. Jack Paglen (Transcendence) and Michael Green (Green Lantern) are providing the screenplay.

Unread 2015-12-13, 02:35 AM   #22
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Alien: Covenant To Include Familiar Aliens

In Alien: Covenant, filmmaker Ridley Scott told TheWrap that fans will see the familiar aliens from the Alien franchise.
During a wide-ranging interview following The Martian's nomination for a Golden Globe, Scott acknowledged that there's been some discussion over the years as to whether the Alien franchise is still relevant, leading up to its reinvention in Prometheus.

"They’re going to go to the planet where the engineers came from, and come across the evolving creature that they had made," Scott said. "Why did they make it? Why would they make such a terrifying beast? It felt bio-mechanoid, it felt like a weapon. And so the movie will explain that, and reintroduce the alien back into it. There was always this discussion: Is Alien, the character, the beast, played out or not? We’ll have them all: egg, face-hugger, chest-burster, then the big boy. I think maybe we can go another round or two."

Alien: Covenant is expected in theaters on October 6, 2017.
Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Unread 2015-12-18, 12:16 AM   #23
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

ALIEN: COVENANT Casts Katherine Waterston In The Lead Role Of 'Daniels'

Here we have our first bit of casting news for Ridley Scott's direct follow up to Prometheus, Alien: Covenant. It's being reported that Fantastic Beasts and where to Find Them actress Katherine Waterson will play Daniels, who seems set to be the movie's main character...

It seems even if Noomi Rapace does return in some capacity, Alien: Covenant is to have a new female lead. According to Deadline, Katherine Waterston (Inherent Vice, Fantastic Beasts and where to Find Them) has been cast in Ridley Scott's Prometheus sequel as a character named Daniels. No other information is provided, but it is mentioned that she'll be playing the lead.

Plot details are also under wraps for now, but it's believed the plot will focus "the crew of the colony ship Covenant, bound for a remote planet, who discover what they believe is an uncharted paradise but is, in fact, a dark, dangerous world, the only inhabitant of which is David (Michael Fassbender), the “synthetic” and survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition."

Unread 2016-01-02, 01:12 AM   #24
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Alien: Covenant Is Set A Decade After Prometheus

While promoting the Blu-ray/DVD release of The Martian, costume designer Janty Yates shared a piece of information pertaining to her next collaboration with director Ridley Scott. She told Collider that Alien: Covenant is set "10 years in the future beyond Prometheus."
The flash-forward will probably go a long way to explaining why Noomi Rapace’s Dr. Elizabeth Shaw is being relegated to just a brief appearance in the sequel. Last time we saw her, she and a body-less David (Michael Fassbender) were flying away in an alien spacecraft headed to the Engineer's homeworld.
Prometheus was set in last week of 2093, 28 years before the events that took place in the original 1979 film that starred Sigourney Weaver ('Ripley'). Now that the sequel will shorten that gap to 18 years.

Unread 2016-02-11, 08:23 AM   #25
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Danny McBride In Talks For ALIEN: COVENANT

Yes, you read that right. The Eastbound And Down actor/comedian is apparently in early negotiations to join Michael Fassbender and Katherine Waterson in director Ridley Scott's follow-up to his divisive 2012 sci-fi flick, Prometheus. More past the jump...

In what must be considered a major change from his usual type of role, Danny McBride looks set to join the cast of Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant. The Wrap reports that the actor is in early talks to join Michael Fassbender as the returning android David, and Katherine Waterston as the new female lead.

McBride's exact role is still under wraps, but there's a pretty good chance he'll be a member of the crew of the Covenant - the ship that discovers the planet inhabited by David. The story will take place ten years after the events depicted in Prometheus, but it's been confirmed that Noomi Rapace will not reprise her role as Elizabeth Shaw despite the character surviving the carnage of the first film.