Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Unread 2015-11-15, 02:38 AM   #1
shaun y
Mr 49er

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 164
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 3408
Likes (Received): 1008
Dislikes (Given): 187
Dislikes (Received): 144
Default ROUSEY LOSES BY KO TO HOLM

YUSS
Unread 2015-11-15, 02:53 AM   #2
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 127
Likes (Given): 157
Likes (Received): 742
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 25

Her striking got exposed, badly. And her coach is terrible. She needs to switch camps but she won't. I wouldn't be surprised if she retires. Holly used an excellent gameplan and I was surprised she was able to keep Ronda off of her in the clinch and the ground exchanges. There goes WMMA. The EA Sports cover curse strikes quickly.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M3PErmAC_c

LOL

Last edited by Oblique; 2015-11-15 at 04:12 AM..
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-11-15, 04:12 AM   #3
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

She tried to stand in there and bang and you can't do that with a world champion boxer.

Gotta fight your fight. Not let your ego get ahold of you try to beat someone with their own game.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-11-15, 04:17 AM   #4
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
She tried to stand in there and bang and you can't do that with a world champion boxer.

Gotta fight your fight. Not let your ego get ahold of you try to beat someone with their own game.
She had no choice. She couldn't grab ahold of Holm and take her down. She tried to do what she always does. Bullrush her opponents with giant winging punches to close the distance and clinch with them for the trip. Holly was never there for it. She used her footwork to move out of the way and counter. And when they did end up grappling, Holly managed to keep her off and even took Ronda down. She is just too good at striking and has enough grappling defense to keep Ronda off of her. Ronda loses this fight 10/10 times.
Unread 2015-11-15, 08:02 AM   #5
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 923
Thanks (Received): 333
Likes (Given): 6311
Likes (Received): 2720
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131

Lulz at all the nutriders saying she could take Mayweather in a fight.
Unread 2015-11-15, 09:09 AM   #6
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 452
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 3856
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123

Yes.

Thank you Jesus and Holly.

So tired of hearing her talk.
Unread 2015-11-15, 10:28 AM   #7
Rob

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 169
Thanks (Received): 148
Likes (Given): 827
Likes (Received): 848
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 23

Finally. I'm so happy this happened. I can't tell you how happy I am. I was a Rousey fan when she was in strikeforce, but when she got so cocky I started hating her. She sure loves being famous. I'm so glad she got put to sleep.

Now Conor Mcgregor needs to lose and maybe the UFC can go back to being good again
Unread 2015-11-15, 10:33 AM   #8
johnson

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 20
Likes (Received): 168
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 7

Good. I was tired of hearing everyone talking about Rhonda.

I don't follow UFC and didn't even know who Holly Holm was until just this morning. Looking at some of her other fights, she's got a damn good left kick after getting her opponent to block her right punches.

Look at this footwork in the Allanna Jones fight. Basically turning the opponent's body 45* when setting up that kick.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jflw1elttGk
johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-11-15, 01:17 PM   #9
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 1304
Dislikes (Given): 1

I like Rhonda, I think she is a great fighter. With that, I am glad to see a kick boxer finally take down a wrestler.

MMA seems to be 95% grapplers with just a few strikers. A good fighter needs to have both abilities, my opinion.

She should have trained for the fight she was participating in, not honing her already good grappling skills.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes raCeR_X, mild83 liked this post
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-11-15, 03:17 PM   #10
PSNOUS

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 53
Thanks (Received): 72
Likes (Given): 469
Likes (Received): 281
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 2

Good fight. Probably the best thing to happen to Rousey. She needed a beat down to bring her back to reality. Now we'll see how good she is in the rematch, see if she's refocused and learn from this loss.
00 ZX-12- gone
Coming soon - Focus RS
PSNOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-11-15, 03:44 PM   #11
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's funny people talking shit on Rousey and acting like her pre fight banter and ego stuff wasn't just for promoting the fight.

Fighters do this all the time. Someone has to play the heel and get the fight built up.

Rousey got beat by a good fighter and there will no doubt be a rematch. Curious what she does in camp to prepare for Holm though.

As for McGregor, wtf is wrong with him? I love that guy. He's exactly what ufc needs. Anyone who doesn't like these personalities doesn't understand how much they are needed. Same with Mayweather and Tyson back in his day.
Unread 2015-11-15, 04:07 PM   #12
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNOUS View Post
Good fight. Probably the best thing to happen to Rousey. She needed a beat down to bring her back to reality. Now we'll see how good she is in the rematch, see if she's refocused and learn from this loss.
She said she wants to "take some time off and do some movies"

Shes done. Just like Gina carano...got beat down and now shes done
Unread 2015-11-15, 04:44 PM   #13
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 84
Likes (Received): 347
Dislikes (Received): 19

I don't watch mma mens or womens... but she is/was one of the best things for the sport on the womens side. She brought attention, money, fans, etc.

She got her ass beat yesterday though, she was very ill prepared for a boxer/fighter of that caliber for sure.

Someone with her personality will probably want to avenge the loss and the beat down.
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-11-15, 07:44 PM   #14
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

You know Dana had a lot to think about when he went home to Conor last night
Unread 2015-11-15, 10:18 PM   #15
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNOUS View Post
Unless she switches camps and takes one or two more fights before a rematch, she's done for. She's too loyal to switch and Dana will be pushing for this rematch so I don't see that happening. 2 losses to the champ and she is effectively retired.
Unread 2015-11-16, 09:34 AM   #16
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 452
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 3856
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123

Quote:
I think it's funny people talking shit on Rousey and acting like her pre fight banter and ego stuff wasn't just for promoting the fight.

Fighters do this all the time. Someone has to play the heel and get the fight built up.

Rousey got beat by a good fighter and there will no doubt be a rematch. Curious what she does in camp to prepare for Holm though.

As for McGregor, wtf is wrong with him? I love that guy. He's exactly what ufc needs. Anyone who doesn't like these personalities doesn't understand how much they are needed. Same with Mayweather and Tyson back in his day.

I agree 100%, but when you play the role of the heel nobody should be surprised that many were waiting to see you fall.
Unread 2015-11-16, 12:36 PM   #17
jasman18

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 247
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 18

Unread 2015-11-16, 02:49 PM   #18
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Why? Because climate change.

It's his answer to everything.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-11-18, 06:34 AM   #19
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

I've seen enough of Ronda to know it's not an act for the most part. She's very emotionally immature. It's crazy to see the amount of hate she's getting now everywhere though. Hard to think it's not mostly because she's a woman. I think most people got sick of her being shoved down our throats as this amazing athlete that could beat men and honestly she's more like the Royce Gracie of WMMA. Great at one style that other women weren't good enough to defend against. She believed her own hype and it went to her head. I've never seen such a sudden fall from grace before and I don't know how her ego will be able to handle this. She's already been seen at the airport covering her entire face with a pillow.
Unread 2015-11-18, 10:46 AM   #20
redlobster

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 39
Likes (Received): 319
Dislikes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
I've seen enough of Ronda to know it's not an act for the most part. She's very emotionally immature. It's crazy to see the amount of hate she's getting now everywhere though. Hard to think it's not mostly because she's a woman. I think most people got sick of her being shoved down our throats as this amazing athlete that could beat men and honestly she's more like the Royce Gracie of WMMA. Great at one style that other women weren't good enough to defend against. She believed her own hype and it went to her head. I've never seen such a sudden fall from grace before and I don't know how her ego will be able to handle this. She's already been seen at the airport covering her entire face with a pillow.
That could be because of her ego or the fact she got her face caved in by a leg kick. I think she needs reconstructive surgery on her lip though.

Dana White commenting sounds like a whiny bitch defending her, she got her ass kicked but she's his current cash cow.
redlobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-11-18, 12:39 PM   #21
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlobster View Post

Dana White commenting sounds like a whiny bitch defending her, she got her ass kicked but she's his current cash cow.
You know Dana is totally pissed that Holm won. I'm surprised he was willing to put the belt on her
Unread 2015-11-18, 12:51 PM   #22
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Lulz at all the nutriders saying she could take Mayweather in a fight.
Watched the fight and I still think she could. She might even have a chance in a rematch.

Her hubris got her. If she stuck to her game (bum rush and grappling) she may have still won but the idea that she was going to "beat her at her own game" was stupid. She waited to go to the ground and, by that point, she had already taken some pretty brutal shots to the head.

Holm on the other hand stuck to her strengths and made sure she had a plan to get out of holds that Rousey would do. So she was able to keep her at arms length (which was a huge advantage for her).

Floyd would win if it were boxing but in a ring he wouldnt have a response. He excels and playing the game. He isnt a knockout fighter, he just knows how to slow the match down and get more points, not really UFCs game.
Unread 2015-11-18, 01:22 PM   #23
mild83

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Watched the fight and I still think she could. She might even have a chance in a rematch.

Her hubris got her. If she stuck to her game (bum rush and grappling) she may have still won but the idea that she was going to "beat her at her own game" was stupid. She waited to go to the ground and, by that point, she had already taken some pretty brutal shots to the head.

Holm on the other hand stuck to her strengths and made sure she had a plan to get out of holds that Rousey would do. So she was able to keep her at arms length (which was a huge advantage for her).

Floyd would win if it were boxing but in a ring he wouldnt have a response. He excels and playing the game. He isnt a knockout fighter, he just knows how to slow the match down and get more points, not really UFCs game.
Bro, if Floyd wanted to knock someone out, he could. He'd drop 99.999999999999999999% of the walking population with a solid punch. No way Rousey could take him, unless it was strictly a wrestling match.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-11-18, 01:35 PM   #24
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Bro, if Floyd wanted to knock someone out, he could. He'd drop 99.999999999999999999% of the walking population with a solid punch. No way Rousey could take him, unless it was strictly a wrestling match.
Huuuurrrrdddddddddd

That is EXACTLY what I said. If she bum rushed him and took him to the ground. I actually said, "Floyd would win if it were boxing."

Against Floyd AND Holm Rouseys best bet was to stick to what she knows, go straight to the ground and go for the arm bar.
Unread 2015-11-18, 01:39 PM   #25
mild83

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Huuuurrrrdddddddddd

That is EXACTLY what I said. If she bum rushed him and took him to the ground. I actually said, "Floyd would win if it were boxing."

Against Floyd AND Holm Rouseys best bet was to stick to what she knows, go straight to the ground and go for the arm bar.
In the MMA ring, he'd likely do just as he does in a boxing ring. So, he'd still take her in a fight, regardless of what she does or how much she trains.

I took your post as saying she would take him in an MMA ring, which I don't think she would. All he has to do is stay on his feet.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote