Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2014-10-28, 05:47 PM   #1
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Default Guardians of the Galaxy 2: What We Know

When Marvel announced its aggressive slate of titles today in Los Angeles, one of the ones that we already knew was Guardians of the Galaxy 2. In spite of rumors that the film would be titled War of Kings, all we got was an affirmation that it's still coming, what the release date is, and not much else.
So...what do we actually know about Guardians of the Galaxy 2?
The film will be written and directed by James Gunn, who co-wrote and directed Guardians of the Galaxy. It's due in theaters on May 5, 2017.
All of the principal actors playing the titular Guardians will return, including Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel. Josh Brolin is expected to return to reprise his role as Thanos ahead of the character's appearance in Avengers 3, which is expected to be titled The Infinity Gauntlet, Part 1. It isn't clear whether Karen Gillan's Nebula will return or not.
Gunn has said that the film will delve into the mystery of Star-Lord's father, introduced in the first movie, and that his screen father will NOT be J-Son, his father from the comics. It's widely assumed that because of Thanos's role in Infinity Gauntlet that the Guardians will cross over with The Avengers at some point in the film. Rumor has it Hulk may appear.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-11-12, 06:49 PM   #2
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

James Gunn Talks Thanos' Introduction And Who We May See In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2

Guardians of the Galaxy writer and director James Gunn talks here about the challenges of introducing Thanos (also adressing whether that scene really was inspired by Star Wars) and comments on which characters he's hoping to shine the spotlight on in the sequel...

There's nothing too revealing in James Gunn's interview with Entertainment Weekly to promote the upcoming DVD and Blu-ray release of Guardians of the Galaxy, but a few points do stand out. Firstly, the site asked the filmmaker about the comparisons to the introduction of the Emperor in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Thanos' first scene as well as the challenges that came with giving audiences their first look at such a major character. "We definitely talked about the Emperor. The most difficult thing was to introduce Thanos in a way where he’s cool, but not make our antagonist, Ronan, look like a wuss in the process. That was a real delicate balance." As for which of the characters from Guardians of the Galaxy he would most like to explore in future movies, Gunn added: "Yondu and Kraglin, the Ravagers. And I love Nebula. I think that she is underutilized in the film. I want to see more of her. The Collector. He’ll reappear. I don’t know if he’s gonna been the next one. I do think his story is really compelling, and I think he’s one of those very interesting shades of gray characters." What do you guys think?

Unread 2014-11-13, 08:39 PM   #3
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Was That Really 'Adam Warlock's' Cocoon Glimpsed In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY?

Many have assumed that the cocoon showcased in The Collector's collection was a reference to Adam Warlock and a hint the character would be introduced later, but James Gunn may suggest otherwise

Given it was glimpsed during the mid-credits tag for Thor: The Dark World, Adam Warlock's cocoon was the first of many Easter eggs spotted in The Collector's museum from Guardians of the Galaxy; or so we thought. Cinema Blend spoke with James Gunn during the DVD/Blu-ray press event yesterday and asked the director whether or not the set piece was a reference to the character, who in the comics was born in a cocoon and could spin one at will. "Yeah, there’s a cocoon that’s exactly like Adam Warlock’s," admitted James Gunn. "I wasn’t really thinking that much when I put that in. That was my idea to put that in there. They’re like, 'What should we put in?' So I went in the Marvel handbook and like just picked cool things that looked neat to put into the boxes." Gunn then discussed the cocoon appearing bursted open during the post-credits scene of Guardians of the Galaxy, and whether or not that could mean Adam Warlock is no longer in hibernation. "It looked like Adam’s Warlock cocoon, so now everyone thinks he’s out of there and you know… I don’t know," said the director, without denying the possibility of the character being properly introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. "There’s a lot of stuff in there and there’s also a lot of things that people think they see that I don’t think is in there – unless the visual effects guys were pulling tricks on me… which they could have!" Hmmm. It's rather interesting that James Gunn is now implying the cocoon may not be a reference to Adam Warlock considering he confirmed so during Empire's spoiler podcast back in August. Very interesting indeed. What do you think?

Unread 2014-11-13, 08:41 PM   #4
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

James Gunn On 'Star-Lord's' Father And Not Repeating Elements In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2

Revealing why Star-Lord's origins were changed for the movie, the Guardians of the Galaxy helmer says his space misfits are more flawed than the Avengers while explaining his approach to the sequel.

In anticipation of the Guardians of the Galaxy Blu-ray and DVD release next month, director/co-writer James Gunn took part in a press event yesterday when he talked in-depth about his space epic Marvel adaptation, as well as its summer 2017 sequel. When asked how (or rather if) the success of Guardians has influenced "Phase Three" of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Gunn said: "...Who knows how much we've influenced Phase Three, but I think the one thing is that the Guardians aren't backseat to The Avengers. Captain America, Thor, those other movies really do support The Avengers and they do take a back seat. But The Guardians are their own thing and the cosmic side of the universe is its own thing. Because the movie was so successful, and more successful than Iron Man was, that changed the way other people looked at it, but I still look at it the same way." About his approach to Guardians of the Galaxy 2, the director says, "the main thing with moving on is that we can't just repeat ourselves." He added, "We can't just say, 'Okay let's start with something sad and shift into something really happy with some music, and let's have the Awesome Mix work in the same way, but with songs from the '80s as opposed to songs from the '70s.' And all of those things... that doesn't interest me. For me, the shift is about getting to know the characters on a deeper level, knowing them more intimately, and uncovering facets of the characters that make them more real to us. Because at the center of it, I think what works about Guardians is that people like the characters."

James Gunn then reassured that the sequel will delve deeper into the characters' backstories. "Looking more deeply into the characters themselves and who they are and what they think and what their flaws are and what their strengths are, you know," he said. "They're a much more flawed group than The Avengers. They have major, major issues." While on the subject of exploring more backstories, James Gunn was then asked about the big Guardians of the Galaxy cliffhanger question: Who is Peter Quill's father? "[Star-Lord's] origins are different in the movie," he said. "I just thought there was a more interesting way to go for the Cinematic Universe that was more believable. There's things in the comic book that, on film, seemed to come out a little too Star Wars to me. And I'm not a great fan of the name J'son. So there will be a lot of difference. You know, this really is the Cinematic Universe and the fun of it for me, you know I always loved the Marvel Ultimate Comics that presented a different story on the way that we're used to, and we saw characters in a new light and they could show up in different places, different ages, different ways. And I think that's exactly what the Marvel Cinematic Universe is. We see things in a different light. They established that very well at the end of Iron Man where Tony Stark says 'I am Iron Man.' That was like Marvel Cinematic Universe's way of saying 'we're different from the comics.'"

Finally, before confirming "the story is written" for Guardians of the Galaxy 2, James Gunn said that he was indeed thinking of larger Marvel Cosmic Universe while making the first Guardians movie, however, that does not mean he was thinking of a third film; like recent headlines have suggested. "There was a big rash of 'James Gunn Was Thinking Of Ideas For Guardians of the Galaxy 3.' I don’t think I really said that. What I said was 'I had ideas for Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I knew what I was going to do for that, and I had ideas for beyond that.' That doesn’t necessarily mean Guardians of the Galaxy 3 because there are a lot of different characters in this movie that could go in a lot of different directions. And some of the characters I’m most interested in aren’t necessarily Guardians of the Galaxy." Anyhow, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 hits May 5, 2017.

Unread 2014-11-30, 09:30 PM   #5
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Nova Probably Won’t Appear In ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′

One character that has been the subject of speculation for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is Nova, the Earth-born hero who acts (in various incarnations) as a major warrior against the Kree and Skulls, fighting for Xandar and the planet’s Nova Corps in addition to getting into his own adventures.
Other members of the Corps showed up in Guardians of the Galaxy. We’ve seen concept art that reportedly represents designs for the character cooked up for the first Guardians, and some have guessed that Nova would be one of the characters set to debut in the sequel. Don’t bet on that, according to writer/director James Gunn, who says he wants to keep the emphasis on one single man from Earth.

Gunn, in a reply to his Facebook post about connected universes, was asked about including Nova in Guardians 2. He responded,
I don’t want Nova right now because I think Quill being the only earthling is important. That serves the entire movie going audience and not just the handful of Nova fans… I have nothing against Nova in future movies, but it doesn’t serve the movie right this moment.
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 doesn’t open until May 2017, and so it is far too early to say there’s no way Nova will show up. But Gunn has pretty firm control over what’s going on in the film, and so he’s the best indicator at the moment of what we can expect to see.
Gunn previously said of the sequel,
I think the main thing with moving on is we can’t just repeat ourselves. We can’t just say “Okay, well let’s start with something sad and shift into something really happy with some music and let’s have the Awesome Mix work in exactly the same way only with songs from the 80s instead of the 70s.” All of those things, that doesn’t interest me. For me the shift is really about getting to know the characters on a deeper level, knowing them more intimately and uncovering facets of those characters that make them more real to us. At the center of what works about Guardians is that people like the characters. … I mean more deeply into the characters themselves and who they are, how they work and how they think. What their flaws are, what their strengths are. They’re a much more flawed group than The Avengers. They have major major issues.

Unread 2015-01-23, 07:06 PM   #6
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Marvel Studios Can't Use Gladiator Or The Shi'ar

Marvel Cosmic fans won't be seeing Kallark in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 or any other Marvel movie.
Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn was asked about using Gladiator in which he responded he can't because Marvel doesn't own the rights.
"No. Marvel Studios doesn't own him. Otherwise I'd love to use him," Gunn responded on Facebook.
Gladiator is a member of the Imperial Guard - belonging to the alien race known as the Shi'ar- which is owned by Fox as a part of the X-Men.
Gladiator first appeared in X-Men #107 and was also used by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning in their Guardians of the Galaxy run that inspired the movie.
It's too bad Gladiator can't be used as now we can't see Rocket Raccoon taking on Marvel's version of Superman.

Unread 2015-01-23, 07:14 PM   #7
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Posted by: Staff

/ 2 hours 5 min ago

No Ronan For Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Last we saw of Ronan, played by Lee Pace, he was seemingly blown to smithereens at the end of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
As it is Cosmic, alien beings and infinite artifacts - anything is possible and Ronan could always come back in some way.
Well, it's learned it won't be in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 as director James Gunn confirmed no Ronan for the sequel.
“Who knows,” Gunn said in regards to Ronan ever showing up again in a Facebook QnA. “But not in 2, no.”
Lee Pace did state in a recent interview he would be up for playing The Accuser again, and Gunn does offer that it's possible.
“Perhaps someday," Gunn replied when asked again about Ronan.
James Gunn also stated he wouldn't be able to use Gladiator due to Marvel not owning the rights to the character.
With Ronan out as being the villain in the sequel, just who is Gunn going to go with?

Unread 2015-02-06, 06:32 PM   #8
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

James Gunn Further Teases Guardians of the Galaxy 2’s Story

This time last year the Guardians of the Galaxy were a B-list superhero team in Marvel’s comics and thanks to last year’s hit feature film, they’re now household names. Before the film even opened, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was already being planned, and writer/director James Gunn has big plans for the band of misfits.
Speaking with Alison Rosen on her podcast Alison Rosen Is Your New Best Friend (via Uproxx), Gunn elaborated on his idea for the film:
“It’s not really based on anything. The story for Guardians 2 is an original story that I came up with that I started working on actually while I was shooting Guardians 1, and it’ll answer some of the questions that were put forth in the first movie about Peter Quill’s father and who he is and what’s going on with that. We’ll get to know some of the characters a little bit more and then we’re going to meet a couple of new characters who will be very important to Guardians movies and probably important to the Marvel Universe as a whole.”
Gunn also reiterated that Peter Quill’s father will be a different character in the MCU than he is in the comics, and that Marvel Studios thought it was a risky move.
“It’s different than what’s in the comic books. Peter Quill’s father is somebody different in the comics. So then when the movie came out, we got green-lit on the sequel right away. I went in and I sat down with those guys and I’m like, ‘Okay, here’s what I think the sequel should be.’ And they were like, ‘Oh, whoa. That’s risky, but okay.’ Now I’m going to turn over the story in a few short weeks and we’ll find out how well it works.”

Unread 2015-04-05, 07:44 PM   #9
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

James Gunn Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 Start Date, Return Of 'Nebula', And More

James Gunn recently took part in a couple of different Q&A's, and the Guardians of the Galaxy director has offered up some more details about both the current state of the screenplay and when exactly production is expected to begin. He also teases plans for Karen Gillan's Nebula. Check it out!

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is still two years away, but writer and director James Gunn is keeping fans updated via his various social media accounts. After recently revealing that he's turned in the treatment to Marvel and will meet with them on Friday in order to start working on the screenplay next week, Gunn added that he's currently 70 pages in and called his pitch to Marvel Studios the best experience he's had with one to date. It's still unclear what the sequel will focus on.

He also confirmed that Karen Gillan's Nebula will make a return, adding that they may have this time found a way to avoid shaving the head of the former Doctor Who star (which you have to imagine will make her more willing to reprise the role). Interestingly, Gunn also told fans that Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will begin production next February and will shoot at Pinewood Atlanta Studios. The first movie was shot in London and featured a lot of British actors and extras. Both Ant-Man and Captain America: Civil War are being shot in Atlanta, so this does make sense.

Unread 2015-04-14, 04:23 PM   #10
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

SPOILERS: This "Phase 3" Marvel Movie Is Where We Will Next See THE HULK

Guardians of the Galaxy 2? Black Panther? Spider-Man? We now know where the Hulk will next appear in the MCU, and also have details on the Green Goliath's fate in Avengers: Age of Ultron, so read on at your own peril as there are MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD...

Badass Digest has dropped some details about the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron, and while many of us expected that this would be the case, you might want to stop reading this article right now! The site reveals that while early drafts of the sequel's script had the Hulk sent into outer space, the movie now ends with him trapped in a Quinjet high above Earth. We don't know how get gets there, but the fact that he's not quite in space means that the door has obviously been left open for him either to crash land to Earth in the near future or head to a Galaxy Far, Far Away.

In fact, the site adds that "I had heard that Marvel was considering sending Hulk into Guardians of the Galaxy 2, especially if the first film didn't hit - having a Hulk in the mix could goose the box office on the sequel." Guardians of the Galaxy was obviously a hit and doesn't need the Hulk's help, but the site theorises that the recent news about Universal holding the character's solo movie rights will mean that this sequel could be where he next appears. That would certainly lead to a very cool return for the Hulk if he were to bring the Guardians back to Earth during Avengers: Infinity War to battle Thanos. Would you like to see the Green Goliath join that team of A-Holes?

Unread 2015-04-14, 07:05 PM   #11
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Focuses On Fatherhood

Star-Lord is set to meet his maker in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
ADVERTISEMENT
Director and writer James Gunn opened up about his Guardians sequel during Avengers: Age of Ultron’s premiere last night, where he seemingly confirmed that Peter Quill/Star-Lord will finally cross paths with his estranged, intergalactic father.
"There's a lot of stuff I'm excited about in the new movie," he said. "Listen, I'm still excited about Star-Lord's character and where he goes,” Gunn revealed. “At its heart, Guardians is a story about families, and if the first film was about him and his mother, this is a story about fathers. So it's exciting to go there."
And after Gunn tells the story of Star-Lord’s father, it sounds like he may explore other branches in the Guardian’s family tree. Speaking further about his long-term plans for the franchise, Gunn suggested that he has a third Guardians of the Galaxy film mapped in his head.
"I knew for a long time what the story of the second one was gonna be," he teased to Vulture. "And the third one!"
What do you think readers? Could Gunn break the curse of the superhero “threequel” that’s plagued trilogy helmers like Sam Raimi and Christopher Nolan? Sound off in the comments below.

Unread 2015-06-03, 09:33 AM   #12
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Pratt Teared Up After Learning GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 Details

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 details made Chris Pratt tear up a bit. Unlike the first feature, the James Gunn sequel will have high expectations - can Marvel and co. meet them? If Pratt's reaction is anything to go by, they definitely will.

Jurassic World's Chris Pratt will soon be stepping back into his most famous role to date, that of Guardians of the Galaxy's Star-Lord. Speaking to Digital Spy, Pratt talked about his initial reaction to learning details about the sequel and what he hopes to contribute to the film's second outing.

On the potential of contributing to the sequel's soundtrack, Chris Pratt revealed that's something he's spoken to James Gunn about. "We've talked a little. I know some of the songs that are going to be on Awesome Mix Vol 2. All I can tell you because - obviously, I'm not allowed to say anything, nor would I want to beacuse it would be like telling a kid what's under the tree before Christmas morning; I would encourage people not to poke holes in the paper and peek, allow yourself the 'Christmas morning'. What I will say is that [Gunn's] pitch and his ideas legitmately put tears in my eyes. It is so good, it's so good. I can not wait to get started on it and I can not wait for people to see what he's going to pull off with this second movie. It's so big and so good. From what I understand, Marvel [heard Gunn's pitch] and they said nothing. [It] was that perfect. There was no micromanaging of the idea. They just love it so much they didn't have any notes for it. It's going to be remarkable. "

Unread 2015-06-03, 10:56 AM   #13
roman.GSR

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 55
Likes (Given): 292
Likes (Received): 391
Dislikes (Given): 52
Dislikes (Received): 54

Saw #1 the other day really enjoyed for not knowing anything about it and it was kinda funny.
Chevy Trailblazer- Snow mobile
roman.GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-06-25, 02:16 PM   #14
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Benicio Del Toro Uncertain About 'The Collector's' Return In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2

Hit the jump and check out the latest from Benicio Del Toro on whether or not he's set to return as The Collector in the sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy sequel (before Avengers: Infinity War?).

While promoting his upcoming romantic thriller Escobar: Paradise Lost, Benicio del Toro told IGN that he doesn't know if he will be reprising his Guardians of the Galaxy role as Taneleer Tivan, the Collector, in the 2017 sequel; despite writer/director James Gunn previously declaring that he will. "I would like to keep working on that character, though," said Toro. "It was kind of like a cameo. I'd like to keep developing the character based on what's written in the comic books. I'd like to see some different sides. I had a blast working with Gunn and the cast - but it's not up to me."

Considering The Collector has one of five Infinity stones that will surely play a role in the two-part Avengers: Infinity War event, Benicio Del Toro was then asked if Marvel Studios had informed of the direction they were heading before he officially signed on. "[In doing the research] I said, 'please help me out,'" recalled the Oscar-winning actor. "Because there are big, thick volumes about the characters. So they did point me in the right direction. I learned a lot about the character. One of the most interesting things that I learned about him is the reasons that he's collecting. He sees himself as putting together Noah's Ark. He sees himself as having that responsibility. He's collecting things, because eventually there's going to be an apocalypse in the universe and he wants to get things to safety. That's a really interesting aspect of the character."

Unread 2015-06-29, 02:05 PM   #15
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the official title of the sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
Kevin Feige recently let the title slip while doing Ant-Man press, which I'm really happy about because God knows I've let more than one thing slip accidentally while chattering away on this FB page.
Also, hats off to some intrepid fans who figured out the title a couple of days after I posted the cover page. More than one person guessed "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" - I wanted so badly to give you props at the time, but knew I had to wait.

Unread 2015-09-07, 06:18 PM   #16
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

James Gunn Completes The Second Draft of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

According to a Facebook post made early yesterday, James Gunn should have finished his second draft of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in the last twenty-four hours or so, inching closer to its expected 2016 production start.
Gunn said that his process involves "two primary drafts and then constant noodling until we shoot," so the film is, in substance, likely written at this point unless some of that noodling comes up with a surprisingly big change.
And, for those still keeping track, he told a fan who asked that he still sometimes muses about the possibility of a Hit-Monkey movie, one of the properties he said early in his time at Marvel that he'd like to do someday but has later dismissed.
"Some days I would," he answered when asked whether he'd still like to make one.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 opens on May 5, 2017. The film is expected to start principal photography in February 2016.

Unread 2015-10-05, 12:00 PM   #17
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Dave Bautista Teases New Look 'Drax' In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL. 2

Promoting his role in the upcoming James Bond movie Spectre, former WWE Superstar Dave Bautista talks about Drax getting a new look in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 and who he thinks would win in a battle between his character and The Rock's Black Adam. Check it out!

Dave Bautista's career is really taking off after he stole the show in Guardians of the Galaxy, and he'll soon be seen battling Bond in Spectre. However, the wrestler turned actor is going to be heading to Atlanta for Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 not too long from now in order to reprise the role of Drax, and he had this to say about what we should expect from the character in the sequel. "I put in my two cents with Marvel because I thought Drax needed a few more tattoos," he revealed. "I had some specific ideas, but what they want to do with Drax at the end of the day is up to the Powers That Be. But we are coming back, and there is going to be a lot more Drax."

More Drax? After the first movie, it's hard to complain about that! So, he may be coming back with a slightly different look, but will that include his badass beard from Spectre? "I wish!" he joked. "It might look a little different, Drax with a beard." As for who Bautista believes would win in a fight between his Drax and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's Black Adam, he confidently stated: "Drax!. Gotta go with my guy Drax." Be sue to check out his comments in full in the video below.

Unread 2015-10-07, 12:00 PM   #18
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Sneeper update: A couple weeks back I told you how the Marvel legal department advised against using Sneeper as an alien species in Guardians of the Galaxy because the word is "similar to the word meaning 'clitoris' in Icelandic."
Let it be known that I wasn't protesting this decision, I just thought it was funny, so I shared it. But the Marvel legal folks are sweet people and, after all of the online articles about me not being able to use the term Sneeper, they came back and told me that maybe it's not that big a deal after all: Sneeper is cleared for use.
So keep an eye out for at least one Sneeper somewhere in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Unread 2015-10-28, 05:20 PM   #19
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2 Casts Newcomer Pom Klementieff In A Key Role

In our first bit of casting news for the Marvel sequel, THR reports that French actress Pom Klementieff (the Oldboy remake, Radiostars, Porn in the Hood) has signed on in a mysterious, but key role. Click on for the details, and to speculate about which character she might be playing!

Looks like we have our first new Guardians Of The Galaxy recruit, as according to THR relative newcomer Pom Klementieff has joined the cast of the James Gunn-directed sequel in what seems to be a major role, but one that shall remain a mystery for the time being. The only clue we have is that the part is apparently ethnicity specific, as the site reports that "Marvel conducted a wide search for its mystery part, which called for an Asian actress, doing several rounds of chemistry reads."

Any established Marvel characters of Asian decent that could be drafted into space to fight bad guys with Star Lord and his team of intergalactic A-holes?

Shooting on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 commences early next year, for a March 5, 2017 release.

Unread 2015-10-29, 08:20 AM   #20
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Matthew McConaughey Passes On Lead Villain Role In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL. 2

Waiting on Dallas Buyers Club and True Detective star Matthew McConaughey to take on a role in a superhero movie? Well, it doesn't look as if he'll be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe just yet as he actually recently passed on the chance to play the lead bad guy...

Variety reveals that despite being wanted by both Marvel Studios and James Gunn, Matthew McConaughey has passed on the chance to play the lead villain in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2. It's not clear why exactly the True Detective star said no, but the search is now continuing for another actor, and the part of this unknown bad guy is expected to be filled in the coming weeks.

Back in May, the actor had this to say about the possibility of starring in a comic book movie. "I’ve read some Marvel and DC scripts. And I’ve talked about working with them on some scripts. Nothing has been right for me yet. But I’m sure open to it. It’s very simple for me. I look at the script. It starts with the story and character." Clearly Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 wasn't the right one for him then, and it's going to be interesting to see if either of the major studios manage to talk him around in the near future. Which character do you think he was being eyed for?

Unread 2015-10-29, 06:08 PM   #21
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Pom Klementieff's Mystery Role In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL. 2 Revealed

Well, that didn't take long! Less than 24 hours after the news broke that Marvel had cast Oldboy actress Pom Klementieff in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2, a very reliable source has revealed which character she's set to play in the MCU, and it's definitely a big one!

Many of you guessed that Pom Klementieff had been cast as Mantis in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2, and it turns out that you were right! In their story about the relatively unknown actress joining the James Gunn helmed sequel, Deadline confirms that their sources have told them that she'll take on the role of the character first introduced in the pages of Avengers #112 way back in 1973. Her origin (she's a half-Vietnamese, half-German martial arts expert with links to the Kree) is muddled to say the least, so it's easy to imagine Gunn completely reinventing that for this big screen take on the character. Mantis first became associated with the Guardians back in 2007 and has played a key role in many of their adventures since. With fans and moviegoers alike crying out for more strong female characters in these superhero movies, this is a great choice by Marvel and Gunn, don't you think? As always, be sure to let us know your thoughts on this casting news in the usual place.

Unread 2015-11-04, 02:59 PM   #22
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Dave Bautista Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2; Says Drax Will Be "A Lot More Badass"

In a recent interview, actor Dave Bautista revealed the little he knows about the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel. It seems he and director James Gunn had conversations about how they're going to make Dave's character Drax "a lot more badass". Check it out!

While promoting his newest film, Spectre, in Mexico City, Dave Bautista took the time to talk about the upcoming GOTG sequel, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. He first revealed how he didn't know much about the movie's script, but due to his conversations with James Gunn, he reckons his character Drax the Destroyer will be more of a badass!

"I haven’t read the script, and I’m being completely honest when I say that, but I think, having talked to James [Gunn] about the film, I know he’s… I hate to give any spoilers, but I know he’s really going to focus on Drax being a badass. Bautista said to Cinema Blend. "He’s still not really going to get metaphors, even though he thinks he does, but he’ll still be that very literal Drax, but I think you’re going to see a lot more badass Drax."

Later in the interview, he commented on the Marvel Cinematic Universe going forward, and if he knows anything about where his character will stand in the future. "As far as the storyline as a whole, I honestly don’t know, and if I did know obviously I wouldn’t tell you, but I hope they’ll continue on with that path." He then stated that he'd love to see the Avengers & the Guardians of the Galaxy onscreen together. "I hope that it will tie in with The Avengers somewhere down the road. I’ve only heard rumors, but I’m being honest, and I’ve been honest in the past, I hope that it ends up there because I would love to go there." I'm sure everyone would love to do so as well!

Unread 2015-11-05, 08:13 AM   #23
djquik1

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 79
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 539
Likes (Received): 316
Dislikes (Given): 20
Dislikes (Received): 15

I am actually really stoked for this
Unread 2015-11-18, 10:51 AM   #24
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

How Nebula Fits Into Guardians Of The Galaxy 2, According To Karen Gillan

Although she wasn't the main antagonist in Guardians of the Galaxy, Nebula shined as a force to be reckoned with against the eponymous team. Fortunately, unlike her boss Ronan, she managed to make it out of the story alive, and for good reason. Karen Gillan is set to reprise the blue-skinned, cyborg assassin in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and while the character’s hair situation is still a mystery, the actress has given a clue about we can expect from the villain in 2017.

Having already looked at the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 script (which she read with Awesome Mix Vol. 2 playing in the background,) Gillan told Comic Book Resources that she’s eager to see Nebula and Gamora’s relationship more deeply explored. As she put it:
I think what I'm really excited about it delving into the sisterly relationship between Gamora and Nebula. I think that we're going to see a little bit more of that, and it's going to be a bit more fleshed out.
Guardians of the Galaxy wasted no time setting up how dysfunctional Gamora and Nebula’s relationship is in the MCU. Both are Thanos’ adopted daughters, and one thing they shared in common was the torture and humiliation the Mad Titan put them through as children. The movie didn’t delve deeply into their past together past this shared pain, but it was clear Nebula despised Gamora for being Thanos’ favorite. When Gamora joined the other Guardians, that was the final straw, and she then tried to see her sister dead. Talk about having sibling issues…

After Ronan snatched the Orb (a.k.a the Power Stone) and kept its power for himself, Nebula agreed to help him destroy 1,000 planets if he would kill Thanos. Nebula fought Gamora during the climactic battle on Xandar, but was eventually overpowered. Rather than accept her sister’s help, she opted to flee the scene and flew away on a ship after detaching one of her cybernetic hands. Yes, she was willing to sacrifice an appendage to avoid a reconciliation. That’s dedication!

Nebula is one of the many characters that’s returning for another round in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, including the Guardians themselves, Yondu and his second-in-command Kraglin. We don’t know what’s in store Nebula during the sequel, but if this sisterly relationship is going to be delved into, then it’s fair to say that she’ll share a fair amount of screen time with Gamora. It’s not even certain if Nebula will be a villainous force this time around or is she might serve as a hesitant ally, though we think that Gamora and the others would be wise to keep an eye on her either way.

Unread 2015-11-24, 01:14 PM   #25
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Is [SPOILER] Star-Lord's Father In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, Vol. 2?

An infamous scooper would have you believe that this Marvel Comics superhero is Star-Lord's (Chris Pratt) father in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2. and that this particular role was the one that Matthew McConaughey turned down. Spoiler Warning

According to the infamous, superhero movie 'scooper' El Mayimbe, he's learned the identity of Star-Lord's father in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2. We learned from the first film that Star-Lord's father was described as an angel, composed of light. He was also described as an ass-hole by Yandu. Furthermore, according to the Nova Corps. Star-Lord's father comes from a race not seen in a very long, long time. Given these clues, it makes the report from Heroic Hollywood a bit of a head-scratcher as the name they supply doesn't entirely line up with all the clues we've previously been given.

According to HH, Star-Lord's father is Spoiler [Captain Marvel or Mar-Vell to be precise]. On paper, it seems plausible but when you examine the clues given in the first film, it doesn't line up with Marvel Comics lore unless Kevin Feige and co. are prepared to do some radical, re-imagining of this particular character's backstory. With that in mind, takes this news with the usual dosage of salt in hand but be prepared to give praise to the divisive El Mayimbe if this one proves true.