Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2014-03-10, 08:21 PM   #1
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Default 2016 Chevrolet Camaro to have evolutionary styling, could debut early next year

Will battle the redesigned Ford Mustang

The Chevrolet Camaro is going to be facing stiff competition from the 2015 Ford Mustang but fans shouldn't have to wait too long for the next-generation model as Edmunds is reporting it will likely be introduced at the 2015 North American International Auto Show.

Citing sources familiar with the matter, the website is reporting the 2016 Camaro will have an evolutionary design with all-new sheet metal. One source went on to say the design is "not drastically different" and it looks like a "worked-over current-model Camaro."
General Motors rarely comments on rumors but Chevrolet spokesperson Mike Albano told Edmunds "We won't discuss future product but I will tell you that any Camaro we do will have expressive design and will evoke the passion the previous-generation Camaros have done." He went on to say "[The] Camaro always has kind of moved the heart and the next generation will do the same thing when you see it on the road."
Regardless of what it looks like, the redesigned Camaro is expected to ride on the Alpha platform that underpins the Cadillac ATS and CTS.

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-03-12, 12:43 PM   #2
RiskyRick

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 77
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 384
Dislikes (Given): 51
Dislikes (Received): 19

Hopes:
Code 130R = Gen. 6 F-Body

Turbo 3.6 Caddy motor as an option.

Likelyhood: Snowball's chance in hell
Unread 2014-03-13, 08:11 AM   #3
RPOlt4

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 32
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 162
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 7

Hopefully it will lose some weight and look a little less like a brick.
RPOlt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-07-17, 05:36 PM   #4
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Chevy Camaro successor spied for the first time

It's entirely possible that these items could indicate that this is the next-gen ZL1 or SS 1LE.
We have our very first spy photos of the next-generation, 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, in what looks like a higher-performance variety. The heavily camo'd tester was spotted on General Motors' Milford, MI proving grounds alongside other GM vehicles, including a Chevy Impala and a Cadillac Escalade.

Despite the hefty amounts of camo, our spies' very long lenses reveal that the next-gen muscle car will sport a more aggressive and slightly more muscular aesthetic, with what appears to be a lower roofline and a shorter rear decklid. The area between the rear doors and the rear wheel also appears tighter, while the front wheels look closer to the car's corners. Obscured by the camo, it also looks like this new model may feature a more rounded rear end.

There are also a few high-performance bits and bobs on display here. The quad exhausts are rather prominent in the rear bumper, while large, flashy wheels aren't what we're use to seeing on a vehicle so early in its development. A rear spoiler can be seen poking off the rear decklid, while the hood sports what look like some cooling vents. It's entirely possible that these items could indicate that this is the next-gen ZL1 or SS 1LE.

Underneath the sheetmetal, a new, lighter Alpha platform is tipped to replace the current car's older Zeta platform, and has been given the codename A1BC. Under hood, six and eight-cylinder engines are expected to be offered, as well as the 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder found on Alpha-platform cars like the Cadillac ATS and CTS.

As for when we can expect it to hit showrooms, our spies claim production will begin in October of 2015 in Lansing, MI. Considering that, establishing a timeline points to a debut at either the Detroit Auto Show in January, or at April's New York Auto Show.

Of course, we'll keep our ear to the ground for any additional info. Until then, head up top and take a look at our expansive first-look gallery of the next-generation Chevrolet Camaro.

Unread 2014-07-17, 07:10 PM   #5
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 482
Likes (Given): 4078
Likes (Received): 4371
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 169

Looks like nothing changed.
Unread 2014-07-17, 09:00 PM   #6
RiskyRick

Post Thanks / Like

If it's still heavier than the new mustang I'm gonna be pissed... So I'm most likely gonna be pissed, since now it's said to be cts sized and not ats sized. Probably nothing worth talking about here.
RiskyRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-07-18, 04:59 AM   #7
RPOlt4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyRick View Post
If it's still heavier than the new mustang I'm gonna be pissed... So I'm most likely gonna be pissed, since now it's said to be cts sized and not ats sized. Probably nothing worth talking about here.
Well, we'll have to see what the plan is. Even it remains the same in terms of weight, if the SS is endowed with the LT1 at 455/46o hp and 450 tq, it will be a solid performer. If they tweak the looks a bit to make it look less like a machine gun bunker, this will be even better.

I remember back in '10, I was excited about the return of the Camaro, until I got look at one up close. I still think their alright, there are parts of the car that I really like, but I've always thought the 'whole package' fell a little short of what it could've been. However, judging from the little things they did in '14, it is entirely possible that this '16 may come a little closer to what it should be. My understanding is that the '16 Camaro is going to closer to being a two door SS, which of course is a G8 all gussied up. Even if it does resemble the CTS underneath, that may not be a bad thing either. If it has the suspension goodies from the V-car.

I agree however, that it should be at least as light as the Mustang. If they really wanted to win my heart with this car, they would dump the '69 reference all together and make a modern twist of the '70 design, that was always my favorite Camaro gen. Although that is completely subjective.
Unread 2014-07-18, 07:20 PM   #8
RiskyRick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPOlt4 View Post
Well, we'll have to see what the plan is. Even it remains the same in terms of weight, if the SS is endowed with the LT1 at 455/46o hp and 450 tq, it will be a solid performer. If they tweak the looks a bit to make it look less like a machine gun bunker, this will be even better.

I remember back in '10, I was excited about the return of the Camaro, until I got look at one up close. I still think their alright, there are parts of the car that I really like, but I've always thought the 'whole package' fell a little short of what it could've been. However, judging from the little things they did in '14, it is entirely possible that this '16 may come a little closer to what it should be. My understanding is that the '16 Camaro is going to closer to being a two door SS, which of course is a G8 all gussied up. Even if it does resemble the CTS underneath, that may not be a bad thing either. If it has the suspension goodies from the V-car.

I agree however, that it should be at least as light as the Mustang. If they really wanted to win my heart with this car, they would dump the '69 reference all together and make a modern twist of the '70 design, that was always my favorite Camaro gen. Although that is completely subjective.
Aside from moving on from the first-gen retro theme, I really am not too worried about the styling. What I do care about is downsizing and becoming more of a driver car than a mullet-mobile.

Whether or not my opinion is valid, I think that a pony car should be small, nimble, and be quick by virtue of having little weight and good power. Having too much bullk, and overcoming it with more power isn't appealing to me in a vehicle because: worse handling, worse braking, worse fuel economy, harder on parts, and also the fact that the vehicle will tend to feel more sluggish to the driver even if in reality it's not.
RiskyRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-12, 07:40 PM   #9
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2016 Chevrolet Camaro spied with an evolutionary design

2016 Chevrolet Camaro / SB-Medien
Should be lighter and faster than its predecessor

Chevrolet recently confirmed the 2015 Camaro will be "its final year in the fifth generation" and our spies have finally snapped photos of the next-generation muscle car.
Caught undergoing testing in Michigan, the prototypes reveal the sixth-generation Camaro will have an evolutionary design that closely echoes its predecessor. The camouflage hides a lot of details but we can see the car will have familiar proportions, a higher beltline and restyled mirrors. We can also see an evolutionary front fascia and what appears to be a sportier rear end with a four-tailpipe exhaust system.
Chevrolet has been tight-lipped about specifications but the model will reportedly ride on the long-wheelbase Alpha platform that underpins the Cadillac CTS. This could enable the 2016 Camaro to weigh several hundred pounds less than its predecessor.
Engine options are still shrouded in secrecy but they are largely expected to carryover with minor modifications for improved performance. There have also been rumors about a new turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that could produce at least 272 bhp (202 kW) and 295 lb-ft (399 Nm) of torque.

Unread 2014-08-12, 09:52 PM   #10
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like

By evolutionary they mean the front end got longer?
Unread 2014-08-12, 10:04 PM   #11
kcstreeter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 90
Dislikes (Received): 16

By evolutionary do they mean you can see out the back window now?
kcstreeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-12, 10:40 PM   #12
roman.GSR

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 55
Likes (Given): 294
Likes (Received): 391
Dislikes (Given): 52
Dislikes (Received): 54

My guess is they're going with more rounded body lines
Chevy Trailblazer- Snow mobile
roman.GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-12, 10:43 PM   #13
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3831
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

Why in the fuck are they doing turbo 4s in these? Same as the mustang. Just dumb.

Make it a turbo 6 or don't even bother. Especially since it isn't even coming close to the turbo 4 ford has.

The spied versions look barely different from the outgoing model. Nothing looks evolutionary about it at all. Just another heavy boat they will incentivize the hell out of to give away.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-13, 02:33 AM   #14
RPOlt4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
Why in the fuck are they doing turbo 4s in these? Same as the mustang. Just dumb.

Make it a turbo 6 or don't even bother. Especially since it isn't even coming close to the turbo 4 ford has.

The spied versions look barely different from the outgoing model. Nothing looks evolutionary about it at all. Just another heavy boat they will incentivize the hell out of to give away.
I agree, the turbo 4 might be a waste of time. But GM likes to cross shop the parts bin, and the ATS motor would be no exception. They are probably also betting that the turbo 4 is something that might steer many to the Mustang.

However, if it were me making the decision for engine options, they would range from a standard V6, the TT V6, the LT1 and the LT4.
Unread 2014-08-13, 08:18 AM   #15
TWEETY

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Received): 218
Dislikes (Received): 5

I'm sure this restyle would be just like 2010 Mustang vs 2009. Its obvious the same roofline is there. Just different sheetmetal, face and butt. Get an upgrade to the interior so its not so cheap, and weight isn't really a factor anymore. Lets face it, hardcore performance minded people are a minority. They will sell a ton of normal Camaro's and offer specialty versions to cater to those minorities as time goes. Ford has done an exemplary job of that with this past generation of SN197's.
Unread 2014-08-13, 04:29 PM   #16
RiskyRick

Post Thanks / Like

Everything I keep hearing/reading is conflicting info, so I assume it's all 99.99% speculation.

I like the turbo ecotec personally

Can't say I'd buy one unless it was available with a serious handling package and considerably less weight than the current gen, though.
Unread 2014-09-29, 05:32 PM   #17
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2016 Chevy Camaro makes camo'd appearance in Germany

After our initial round of spy photos revealed a heavily camouflaged prototype of the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, we've been on the lookout for anything new on the next-gen muscle car. And now, we have it.

This is the best look we've had of the 2016 Camaro yet, and while it may be wearing a Michigan manufacturer's plate, this tester is zipping about on Germany's Nürburgring. As with our first batch of photos, this appears to be a more potent version of the Camaro, potentially an SS 1LE or ZL1, judging by the power bulge in the hood, the quadruple exhausts, the meaty wheels and a significant rear spoiler.

Aside from those items, most of which were available in the July round of photos, our spies point to an even slimmer roofline, which leads into a smaller rear decklid and a rounded rear end. Out front, we can see an evolution of the current Camaro's wide, narrow grille (more than one Autoblog editor points out that there's a Scion tC-like quality to this car's nose, although we'd like to point out that's largely the fault of the camouflage) and a front axle with wheels pushed towards the outer corner of the car.

It's not clear what sort of engine is sitting under this Camaro's hood, although considering it's sporting touches, we're betting it's some sort of V8. Other engines that could arrive on the new Alpha-platform Camaro include the usual suspects – GM's 3.6-liter V6, which is found in the current car, and the 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder found on the next Camaro's platform-mates, the Cadillac ATS and CTS.

Take a look at our full battery of spy photos of the 2016 Chevy Camaro.

Unread 2014-09-29, 05:53 PM   #18
uprrman23

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 267
Thanks (Received): 319
Likes (Given): 1963
Likes (Received): 2502
Dislikes (Given): 40
Dislikes (Received): 51

I wish Ford/chevy/dodge would realize that it's back to Horsepower wars. Make versions of these cars that don't have all the bells and whistles, lose a ton of weight and make a car that is reasonable in price but already built for more of a racer mentality without a $70K window sticker.
Unread 2014-09-29, 07:32 PM   #19
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 112
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 414
Likes (Received): 237
Dislikes (Given): 17
Dislikes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprrman23 View Post
I wish Ford/chevy/dodge would realize that it's back to Horsepower wars. Make versions of these cars that don't have all the bells and whistles, lose a ton of weight and make a car that is reasonable in price but already built for more of a racer mentality without a $70K window sticker.
^^this ×2. Use to be having a well built car that was fast, was your status, now it's how nice the interior is and how much electronic bs you can cram into it that determines that. So unfortunately they'll probably never get that memo.

Street & Racing Technology
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-09-29, 07:32 PM   #20
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post

Lol.

You know nothing of gm turbo 4,especially saying Ford has done it better.
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-09-29, 07:33 PM   #21
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 943
Thanks (Received): 343
Likes (Given): 6571
Likes (Received): 2799
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138

I agree with the above two posts. Used to be you could get into a stripper LS1 Fbody for around $23k with everything you needed.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-09-30, 05:52 AM   #22
uprrman23

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 267
Thanks (Received): 319
Likes (Given): 1963
Likes (Received): 2502
Dislikes (Given): 40
Dislikes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
I agree with the above two posts. Used to be you could get into a stripper LS1 Fbody for around $23k with everything you needed.
to be fair, that also was when you could get a gallon of gas for $1.50, lol
uprrman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-09-30, 06:36 AM   #23
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 943
Thanks (Received): 343
Likes (Given): 6571
Likes (Received): 2799
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138

Quote:
Agreed.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-09-30, 08:18 AM   #24
69Mach351

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 262
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 1797
Likes (Received): 1701
Dislikes (Given): 37
Dislikes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Quote:
It is a combination of things. Some people don't want all the bells and whistles, but a lot of people won't buy a car without bluetooth and other things now. Easier to make it standard for the 98% of people that want it.

I like what Hyundai did with the genesis coupe. You could buy it decked out, or you could order the R-spec, which had the same engine, but minimal features, bigger brakes, and performance oriented tires. They didn't make it a 600hp track monster, but they gave it a fun package at a reasonable price.
69Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-09-30, 08:58 AM   #25
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 112
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 414
Likes (Received): 237
Dislikes (Given): 17
Dislikes (Received): 4

^^very true. Having Bluetooth is nice and the other luxury amenities are nice as well, but I want that in my cruiser not my race car. I prefer exhaust note over my radio anyway when I'm out fishing or just cruising. For us "spirited drivers", give us the stripped down version and I'll go to Wally world and by a cheap 150$ aftermarket radio if I need Bluetooth.

Street & Racing Technology
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote