Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2014-10-28, 05:35 PM   #1
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Default Avengers: Infinity War

At today’s Marvel Studios event, Marvel Studios showed a very brief teaser for Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 & Part 2. The Avengers: Infinity War teaser starts with a close-up of the Infinity Gauntlet filled with Infinity Stones.
Then, the video shows the Infinity Gauntlet slowly moving backwards to reveal Thanos’ face. The video then fades away from Thanos to reveal the Marvel Avengers: Infinity War logo.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WjBRUF_gew

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-10-28, 05:36 PM   #2
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 261
Likes (Given): 2195
Likes (Received): 1605
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

Avengers + GOTG to take on Thanos, yes please
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-10-28, 05:37 PM   #3
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Unread 2014-11-01, 10:49 PM   #4
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Hiddleston's 'Loki' To Play A Key Role In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR PART I & II

Remember when The Other told Loki that Thanos would make him pay if he failed him? While it was a given that the God of Mischief will return in Thor: Ragnarok, a new report reveals that Kevin Feige has confirmed that he will also play a big role in the Avengers: Infinity War as well...

According to Digital Spy, it has been confirmed that Tom Hiddleston's Loki will be featured "heavily" in a number of the recently announced Marvel movies. They state that Kevin Feige has revealed that the villain - who currently sits on the throne of Asgard disguised as Odin - will be back in both Thor: Ragnarok AND Avengers: Infinity War, something which obviously makes a lot of sense when you look back at the events of The Avengers. Loki lost the sceptre belonging to Thanos when he failed to take over Earth, and going into Avengers: Age of Ultron, it's now in the posession of HYDRA's Baron von Strucker. The Other (now dead at the hands of Ronan as we saw in Guardians of the Galaxy) warned Loki that there would be consequences if he failed his master and things really couldn't have gone any worse seeing as Thanos lost a huge chunk of his army, one of the Infinity Stones and the Tesseract. How do you guys feel about Loki being in Avengers: Infinity War?

Unread 2014-11-14, 07:12 PM   #5
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

New Report Indicates That Joe And Anthony Russo Will Helm AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Last month, a semi-reliable source revealed that Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo were in talks to helm The Avengers 3. Well, one of the trades has now weighed in and it sounds like the duo will indeed be in charge of Avengers: Infinity War!

A lot of sites are trying to get into the scoop game, and while some are more reliable than others, the trades remain the most reliable source of information before we get an official press release. A little while ago, it was mentioned that Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War directors Joe and Anthony Russo were in talks to possibly helm the third Avengers movie (this was before it the two-part Avengers: Infinity War was announced). This information came from the same site that said James Gunn had landed the job, so it was taken with a pinch of salt. However, Deadline have now weighed in on the matter and reveal that, "The Russo are building up their Marvel cred with this all-star outing, and I keep hearing they will step up to the ultimate Marvel all-star team and take the reins of The Avengers franchise from Joss Whedon, possibly with that next film that will shoot back to back." So, what does this mean for Joss Whedon? Does he simply want to take a break after The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron or is he moving on from the Marvel Cinematic Universe? The Russo brothers are a great replacement, but losing him will be hard to get over! In other news, the site also mention that they expect Sebastian Stan, Samuel L. Jackson and Scarlett Johansson to return for Captain America: Civil War.

Unread 2014-12-07, 07:40 PM   #6
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

‘Ultimately, It’s Thanos Against Everyone’ Says Josh Brolin of Avengers: Infinity War

Fans excited to see more of Josh Brolin’s take on Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe are likely to get a huge thrill out of his performance as Detective Christian “Bigfoot” Bjornsen in Paul Thomas Anderson’s stylish Thomas Pynchon adaptation Inherent Vice. After all, Brolin’s Bigfoot offers an imposing, antagonist authoritarian with a penchant for abusing his power and who is simultaneously imbued with darkly comic sensibilities. There’s more than a little crossover there with the character traits of Marvel’s Mad Titan.
ComingSoon.net today caught up with Brolin at the Los Angeles press junket for Inherent Vice. There, the star dropped a few details about Thanos and how he came to sign on for the role.
“I love the idea of Thanos,” says Brolin. “…Ultimately, it’s Thanos against everyone. Why wouldn’t you do that?”
Brolin also cited a certain Marvel Studios Co-President (and two-time “Marvel One-Shot” director) as the man responsible for getting him to sign on.
“Thanos came along because of my good friend Louis D’Esposito,” Brolin continues. “…He and I used to train together. We did ‘Hollow Man’ together. He called me up and started talking about this thing. It was nice because I could intimately talk to him about it. What I liked. What I didn’t like about the whole idea of it… It was really exciting because of the possibilities that it could be come. Not as an idea or as a blockbuster, but just as something different. It’s a character mentality.”
Although not completely confirmed, it’s looking quite likely that Thanos’ next big screen appearance will be in James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy 2 before he takes on “everyone” in the two-film Avengers: Infinity War, hitting theaters May 4, 2018 and May 3, 2019. Inherent Vice, meanwhile, opens in theaters in a limited release December 12 with plans to expand everywhere January 9, 2015.

Unread 2014-12-08, 09:01 AM   #7
djquik1

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 80
Thanks (Received): 58
Likes (Given): 544
Likes (Received): 322
Dislikes (Given): 21
Dislikes (Received): 15

This is going to be good...I can't wait
Unread 2014-12-08, 04:09 PM   #8
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 261
Likes (Given): 2195
Likes (Received): 1605
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

Although not completely confirmed, it’s looking quite likely that Thanos’ next big screen appearance will be in James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy 2 before he takes on “everyone” in the two-film Avengers: Infinity War,

this could mean so much, especially with the 2 movies inbetween part 1 and part 2.

Can you imagine GOTG, the inhumans and the avengers vs Thanos. I think these movies will break the movie industry lol

Last edited by ItalionStallion888; 2014-12-08 at 04:13 PM..
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-01-26, 06:38 PM   #9
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Joss Whedon Says It's "Very Doubtful" He Will Return For AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

There's been a lot of talk about who will end up directing the two-part Avengers: Infinity War, with Captain America: Civil War directors Joe and Anthony Russo named as likely candidates. What does this mean for Joss Whedon? Hit the jump for his comments in full...

There's been a lot of talk about who will helm Avengers: Infinity War, with various outlets reporting that Joss Whedon wouldn't be returning for the two-part movie. Since then, James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy) was mentioned as being a possible candidate, though it's Joe and Anthony Russo (Captain America: The Winter Soldier) who have since emerged as the favourites.

What does Whedon make of all this? Talking in the latest issue of Empire Magazine, it appears as if he definitely won't be returning to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for a little while following Avengers: Age of Ultron. "I couldn't imagine doing this again," he reveals, referring to the time and effort which has gone into the sequel. "It's enormously hard, and it be, by then, a good five years since I created anything that was completely my own. So it's very doubtful that I would take on the two-part Infinity War movie that would eat up the next four years of my life. I obviously still want to be a part of the Marvel Universe - I love these guys - but it ain't easy. This year has been more like running three shows than any year of my life. It is bonkers."

Whedon was similarly non-commital following the release of The Avengers in 2012, but it really does seem like he may be happy to take a break from Earth's Mightiest Heroes for a while based on these comments. Of course, there's nothing stopping him tackling another Marvel Studios movie...

Unread 2015-03-23, 06:04 PM   #10
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

The Russo Bros. Reportedly Close Deal To Direct AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Parts 1 & 2

We'd heard the rumors, but word is Joe and Anthony Russo are now officially locked in to follow up Captain America: Civil War by helming both Avengers: Infinity War movies for Marvel, which will shoot back-to-back in 2016 and 2017. Click on for more...

Badass Digest first reported that Joe and Anthony Russo were in the frame to direct Marvel's third and fourth Avengers movies, and now they reckon the deal has been finalized and they will shoot both films back-to-back over the next couple of years. Plus, it sounds as if they might have the writing team of Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely (Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Thor: The Dark World) back on board too. Apparently Civil War will be "instrumental in setting up infinity War", so if all of this pans out it's great that we'll have the same team calling the shots.

Obviously none of this is official until Marvel makes it so, but the site seems to feel an announcement is imminent so keep an eye on CBM for updates. Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 will hit theaters May 4th 2018, followed by Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 on May 3rd 2019.

Unread 2015-04-07, 11:33 AM   #11
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

It’s Official: Joe and Anthony Russo to Direct Two-Part Avengers: Infinity War

Previously reported three weeks ago, Marvel Studios has officially confirmed that Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo will direct the upcoming two-part epic, Avengers: Infinity War.
“It’s Thanos against everyone,” star Josh Brolin told us about the “Phase Three” capper late last year, which is believed to involve the Mad Titan’s quest to bring together the six Infinity Stones we’ve seen appear throughout the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn also chimed in previously on the idea of the Guardians meeting the Avengers saying: “When I’m asked about the Guardians and their future, and whether they’ll meet up with the Avengers I really don’t have all that much to say, because some of it isn’t decided yet, and I don’t want to give away what is decided.”
The Russos, who also directed the comedies You, Me and Dupree and Welcome to Colinwood in addition to episodes of “Arrested Development” and “Community,” recently signed a first look deal at Sony Pictures. There, the pair is attached to direct The Gray Man, a big screen adaptation of Mark Greaney’s 2009 thriller novel, with rumors swirling that they’re also planning a Ghostbusters film with Channing Tatum attached to star.
Production on the Russos’ Captain America: Civil War is set to begin soon in Atlanta, Georgia with the film targeting a May 6, 2016 release. The third film in the Captain America franchise will bring the classic storyline from the comics to life pitting Cap (Chris Evans) against Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), as well as introducing Black Panther to the Marvel Cinematic Universe with actor Chadwick Boseman ahead of his own film later in Phase 3.

Unread 2015-04-09, 09:52 PM   #12
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely Confirmed As AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Writers

Just like they first reported that Joe and Anthony Russo had officially signed on to direct Avengers: Infinity War parts 1 and 2, Badass Digest now reckon its a done deal and the brothers will be taking their Captain America: TWS scribes along for the ride...

And the CBM news just keeps coming! Before Marvel officially announced that Joe and Anthony Russo would replace Joss Whedon on the next two Avengers movies, Badass Digest got the jump on the news by a good week or so. Well now they're at it again, confirming that the brothers will re-team with Captain America: The Winter Soldier scribes Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely on the Infinity War flicks. These guys are veterans of the MCU writing game at this stage (having also worked on Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor: The Dark World and Agent Carter) and have proven that with the Russo Bros. they are a force to be reckoned with.

They'll first re-team for Captain America: Civil War on May 6, 2016, and then Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 on May 4, 2018, followed by Part 2 on May 3, 2019.

Unread 2015-04-27, 02:28 PM   #13
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR To Film For 9 Months, Starting Late 2016

As Captain America: Civil War filming kicks off, Chris Evans reveals that back-to-back filming for both parts of Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War will require Evans, Robert Downey Jr. Scarlett Johansson and co. to shoot for 9 months beginning late 2016.

Captain America actor Chris Evans says that filming Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2 will require 9 months of shooting. "That’s going to be like nine months to shoot both movies back to back." That means that the Avengers cast will most likely be unable to film any other projects in 2016. However, Evans seems unfazed by the prospect. "You know, you plan around the Marvel responsibilities."

Evans is definitely hinting a Marvel phase of his career. Shooting on Captain America: Civil War is expected to begin this week. Evans stated that filming on the 'Winter Soldier' sequel will go "till August or September." So Evans will have roughly a year off [aside from promotion requirements for Civil War, out May 6, 2016] before he begins shooting Avengers: Infinity War for the better part of a year. And that 9 months probably doesn't include any time for reshoots or pick-ups.

Unread 2015-06-23, 07:39 PM   #14
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Will 'Magus' Be A Part Of AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 1?

Auditions are currently underway in LA for lead and supporting roles in the first part of Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War, and word is the character of Magus (basically an evil version of Adam Warlock) is to be a major villain in the movie. Click on for the details...

Do we now know another villain that Earth's Mightiest will have to contend with in the third Avengers movie? We do know that casting is underway right now in Los Angeles, but Spoiler TV claim to have come across some very interesting extra bit of information. According to them, Marvel is casting the role of Magus - and alternate reality version of Adam Warlock created to be the heroic yin to Thanos' yang, but was then driven insane and become a force for evil. Here is their report in full.
“Auditions are now getting underway for the Marvel Studios feature film ‘Avengers: Infinity War – Part I’ lead and supporting roles. The auditions for new lead and supporting roles will be taking place in Los Angeles, CA. The film is the first in a two-part sequel in which Thanos plays a major role, along with the Magus. Adam Warlock’s bad side, the Magus, separates from his body and assembles the Infinity Gauntlet. Magus creates doppelgangers of Earth’s heroes as part of his plan to recreate a universe of evil. “Avengers: Infinity War – Part I” will be shot entirely on the IMAX/ARRI 2D digital camera.”
If the Magus is indeed in the movie, all of that Avengers doppleganger stuff is probably unlikely - but you can bet he will still play a part in the assembly of the Infinity Gauntlet. Plus, if Magus is involved, surely Adam warlock will be too? That's all speculation at this point, but let us know what you think in the usual place.

Unread 2015-08-30, 12:12 AM   #15
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Brolin Is Eager To "Bring The Wrath" As 'Thanos' In The AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Movies

Revealing whether or not he knows where he'll show up next as Thanos, Josh Brolin talks here about connecting with the Mad Titan and his fans, and the Guardians of the Galaxy actor also talks about his anticipation to take on every single one of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Considering his performance as Thanos has, so far, been limited to very brief appearances during Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers: Age of Ultron, it's no surprise that Josh Brolin can't wait to portray the Mad Titan in his full glory in the two-part Avengers: Infinity War movies. However, could we see the purple supervillain before then? Maybe during Captain America: Civil War post-credits? "I don’t know which one I’m in," Brolin told MTV News when asked. "That’s a Kevin Feige question. I know the trajectory of what they’re doing, but I don’t know exactly which one I’m in."

When asked about fan reactions to him being a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Josh Brolin says, "I love going into a comic book store and a guy connecting me with Thanos, and seeing the incredible regressive awe that happens. Like you see them lose 30 years in can’t-breathe awe. That’s fun, and I have a lot of respect for those fans. I’m excited about doing it, I really am."

Although Brolin once declared Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man as the Avenger he especially wants to go toe-to-toe with, the Oscar-nominated actor now says he wants all of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. "I don’t have a favorite because it’s me against all of them," he said. "I think the entirety is what I’m most looking forward to. Each and every one. I’m bringing the wrath." What do you think?

Unread 2015-09-30, 05:49 PM   #16
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Infinity War May Take Cues From Jim Starlin & Jonathan Hickman Comics

At Tuesday's press event for the Blu-ray release of Avengers: Age of Ultron, one of the film's producers, Jeremy Latcham confirmed that elements of Jim Starlin's 1992 The Infinity War six-issue comic book series and Jonathan Hickman's 2013 Infinity crossover event (six-issues) are being considered for Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 and Part 2.
"I was in an Infinity War meeting with the Russos earlier today and there are really old Starlin stuff, there's really new Hickman stuff, there's all kinds of stuff sitting on this table," Latcham said. "And it's really kind of chaotic, like 'Oh, there's a great issue here. There's a great moment here. Let's talk about all of them. Let's make sure we are looking at everything.' I think that's part of what's fun, it doesn't matter when it was written, in the books, if it's great it's great and we want to find a way to put it into the movie. Part of the job. Part of the fun."

Unread 2015-10-08, 01:27 PM   #17
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Guess How Much AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR May Cost Disney And Marvel Studios?

It's expected for Marvel and Disney to go all-out for the two-part Infinity War that will be the "end of the team as we know it," but now may know roughly how much cash the studios are dishing out to bring the Avengers vs Thanos showdown to the big-screen. Check it out!

The highly-anticipated culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Avengers: Infinity War, will not only see Earth's mightiest heroes finally face-off with the mad titan Thanos, but also the end of the superhero team as we know it. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that Marvel Studios and Disney are aiming for a massive-scale, epic spectacle. And while there was early indication of this when it was announced that the 2018/19 two-part event would be the first movies ever shot entirely with IMAX cameras, we may now know exactly how much cash the studios are dishing out.

According to Bleeding Cool, who learned the following "in huddled conversations with very well sourced comic book film insiders in New York bars last night," Avengers: Infinity War - Part I and Part II will have a "combined production budget of one billion dollars." Crazy right? Apparently four hundred million dollars of that billion alone will go to the screenwriters, directors, producers and principal cast members. Oh, also Robert Downey Jr. apparently gets "half of the actor budget."

What makes matters even more insane is that there is no script yet completed nor is there a finalized plot, despite screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely signing on back in May after completing Captain America: Civil War. Of course, we know the premise of Infinity War involves Thanos gathering the six infinity stones and the Avengers intervening. Anyhow, take all of what's being reported above with a grain of salt until confirmed. But if true, what do YOU think?

Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War will be directed by Joe & Anthony Russo, and is set to commence principal photography in October 2016 with Part I opening May 4, 2018, and Part II May 3, 2019.

Unread 2015-12-07, 09:26 AM   #18
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Integrating THE DEFENDERS Into AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Would Be "Complicated"

For those of you holding out hope that The Defenders, and to a lesser extent, the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. would possibly show up in Avengers: Infinity War. Well, co-director Anthony Russo provided his take on the whole situation, saying "it's complicated."

Ever since Marvel expanded into television and Netflix, fans have been clamoring to see some of these new small-screen heroes, specifically The Defenders, show up in Marvel Studios' two-part magnum opus, Avengers: Infinity War.

So, what's the verdict? Is there a possibility we get to see some of Marvel's popular and well-received Netflix Defenders show up to assist The Avengers in Infinity War?

Well, "it's complicated."

Speaking with SUPER Interessante at CCXP, co-director Anthony Russo fielded a question regarding whether any of The Defenders could realistically appear in Avengers: Infinity War. Instead of going into the likelihood of it actually happening, Russo chooses to touch on how difficult it would be to actually make it happen. "The films are controlled by a group led by Kevin Feige, so they function as a unit. Other products, even if they are from Marvel, are controlled by others." Breaking down what this means, outside of seemingly affirming rumors of a small divide between Marvel Studios & Marvel Television, is that even though all of Marvel's content takes place in the same universe, the creative decisions behind the films, the TV shows, and the Netflix series are made independently of one another.

So, essentially, it's up to Feige and the film division to decide on whether or not they want to feature a small-screen character in one of their big-budget films and then it's up to the television division to decide on whether they want to adjust their production schedule and allow that to happen. We may have seen film characters cross over into television before, but crossing television characters into films is considerably more complicated.

Read Anthony Russo's full answer below:
SUPER: The Marvel Cinematic Universe that we see in theaters today is much bigger than the one we first saw with The Avengers. There are many more heroes and there are new pieces being added with the ABC TV series and the Netflix series. How do you organize it? Is there a chance we see Jessica Jones battling Thanos (the villain) in Infinity War?

Anthony Russo: It's complicated. When we start to serialize the telling of stories it's difficult. You have to have a lot of control and focus on the course of history. The films are controlled by a group led by Kevin Feige, so they function as a unit. Other products, even if they are from Marvel, are controlled by others. Then there is the possibility of a crossover, but it's more complicated. It is a smaller scale version of the problem that exists when remembering that Fox holds the rights to some of Marvel's most popular characters, as does Sony and others. As storytellers, we only have control over what happens in Marvel movies, but everything is possible, Spider-Man (whose rights were held by Sony) became possible!
Never say never, but based on Russo's comments, it really doesn't sound like integrating Marvel's small-screen heroes into Avengers: Infinity War is particularly high on Kevin Feige's to-do list. Does this mean it won't happen? Absolutely not. They did after all manage to bring Spider-Man into the mix, which at this time last year, seemed like an impossible mission that only Ethan Hunt could conquer. However, when you consider that Spider-Man is and always will be an extremely popular film character with a rich and well-known history, it's easier to throw him into the mix story-wise versus adding a variety of pieces from television that by 2018 will all have their own on-going story arcs and extensive history that the general audience may or (more likely than not) may not be aware of.

Also, judging by Russo's comment, it could be inferred that The Defenders (and to a much lesser extent, the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.) would only be added to Infinity War and/or to any Phase 3 film if they somehow benefitted the story, which currently seems like a long shot at best. When you look at Infinity War and the vast amount of heroes that film will already be juggling, it's hard to imagine how any of Marvel's television characters could impact the story in a meaningful way and not just be glorified cameos.

Unread 2015-12-23, 03:07 PM   #19
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Russo Bros Explain Why AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Being Shot Entirely In IMAX Is “Appropriate”

We’ve known that Avengers: Infinity War – Part I and Part II will be the first movies ever shot entirely in IMAX, but now the directors have explained why they’re using the format to that captivity and also how much of it will be used for Captain America: Civil War. Check it out!

Not too long after Captain America: Civil War had begun filming earlier this year, it was announced that directors Anthony & Joe Russo would use new 2D digital IMAX cameras for an action sequence in the Marvel threequel, and later shoot the two-part Avengers: Infinity War entirely in the format. Now, while promoting their new China/LA based film studio, the filmmakers have elaborated on the decision to make IMAX history with the highly-anticipated “Phase Three” movies, and much more.

It's about 20 minutes of IMAX,” said Joe Russo when asked how much of the large format will be used in Captain America: Civil War. “It's our first time using these new Arri 65 cameras in the IMAX format and it's beautiful. Once we saw the 20 minutes of footage that we had shot, that's when we made the decision to do both movies of the Infinity War [entirely] in it. The scale is appropriate for superhero storytelling. There's a lot of characters in those movies, a lot of characters who are tall characters. Big characters who are much taller than regular humans.”

Though Russo was referring to Infinity War having tall characters such as Thanos or the Hulk, he might’ve hinted that those 20 minutes of Civil War IMAX is when we see a certain other giant hero. Unfortunately, this wasn't addressed in the interview, but Joe Russo further explained why the format is necessary: “So, when you have that beautiful IMAX top and bottom frame, it creates a much grander format for a movie like that to be viewed in. I just feel like the thing that distinguishes movies right now is that wide-screen format and the difference of why you go out of your house to go to the theater; it's to have that experience that you can't have at your house. For us, we wanted to really deliver on the promise of those movies. There're 20 movies behind them, so they're the culmination of 20 films and it needs a big beautiful format to tell that story.”

After reassuring he and his brother will employ a different large-scale format style on Infinity War, as opposed to the hand-held camera style from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Civil War, Joe Russo was asked which heroes we can expect to join the long-awaited battle against Thanos. “You won't be disappoint in the scale of those movies, or in the amount of characters that are in them,” he explained. “As mentioned, 20 films of storytelling will intersect in those movies. We don't have any surprises for anybody [right now]. Those movies are a couple years away. Let people speculate about who they want to see in those films, and why they want to see them. And we'll see how the storytelling continues to develop in the movies that have still yet to come out. But you won't be disappointed in the amount of characters.” We can guess, but time will tell.

Unread 2016-01-09, 06:40 PM   #20
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Joe Russo Promises “Physiological Realism” And “Greatest Threat” In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

The latest from the co-director of Captain America: Civil War, Joe Russo, has the filmmaker discuss he and his brother Anthony Russo's follow-up gig(s), Avengers: Infinity War, and how they plan to unite the Marvel Universe among other things. Check it out after the jump!

It seems Captain America: Civil War co-director Joe Russo also touched on the highly-anticipated Avengers: Infinity War during his extensive chat with the folks at Comic Book. We’ve heard the sibling filmmakers express how the two-part event will have the highest stakes of any Marvel film, but now Joe Russo has discussed the essential concept of the movies and how they’ll execute it.
However, he first touched on the longtime rumor, or speculation, that Avengers: Infinity War will see Earth’s Mightiest Heroes team-up or cross paths with James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy.

“That is another one that we would have to reserve as a surprise,” said Russo of the team-up. “But we will say this: People will not be disappointed in the amount of characters in the movie. The concept of Avengers: Infinity War is that the Marvel universe unites to battle the greatest threat to the world and universe that you’ve ever seen, and we’re going to honor that concept.”

Joe Russo was then asked if he and his brother, Anthony Russo, have thought about the cosmic nature of Avengers: Infinity War, and how it will differentiate from the Captain America movies. “Yeah, we certainly have,” he replied. “I sat in the theater and watched Empire Strikes Back seven times in a row when I was a kid. Yeah, we're science fiction fans as well, Dungeons and Dragons. We collected all the books when we were kids. We had figurines. Anything that you could think of that has to do with fantasy or sci-fi or superheroes was in our universe. We're just going to approach the cosmic side with the same fervor that we did the earthbound work we've been doing. We also are going to work really hard to bring a psychological realism. We obviously can't bring a naturalism to it because it doesn't really exist outside of science fiction, but we can bring that psychological realism to it, to the characters, and that's going to be our focus.” He continued, “Also, it's going to be our focus to explore the cosmic side, applying the same rules that we like to apply to the last two films that we've done. It ends up being the rules of physics always apply or apply as much as we can get them to apply based on what we're doing.” What do you think?

Unread 2016-01-10, 09:50 PM   #21
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Will AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Feature 67 Main Characters?

The Russos are currently hard at work on post-production for Captain America: Civil War but they're also simultaneously breaking story on Avengers: Infinity War. Just how big is the film? Perhaps bigger than anyone anticipated as the sibling directors drop new intel.

Expectations are extremely high for Avengers: Infinity War. It's the first two-part film from Marvel Studios and will finally unleash Thanos (Josh Brolin) in all his devastating glory. But just how big is the film. At Wizard World New Orleans, directors Joe & Anthony Russo teased the film's scope by revealing how many characters are central to the film's plot. When Anthony Russo mistakenly referred to Hayley Atwell's Marvel character as 'Sharon' Carter, his brother Joe came to his defense. "We have so many characters we're dealing with. We're breaking ground on Avengers: Infinity War. We have a board with 67 characters on it. You have to forgive him."

Thanos will surely be a challenge that requires all the Marvel heroes to unite and work together like never before but a large number such as 67 would indicate that there's more than just Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy and Thanos in play. Perhaps when the Mad Titan arrives on earth, he doesn't come alone?

Unread 2016-01-12, 11:43 AM   #22
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR To Shine Spotlight On 'Secondary' Avengers

"I think it's interesting that if you've seen four or five movies with the lead character having an arc, I want to see some story telling from some of the secondary characters...who potentially haven't had their own 'A' story arc...supporting Avengers are going to become primary Avengers."

The Russos were actually at several panels for Wizard World New Orleans so expect more news from the fan expo to make its way online in the coming days. In one of their smaller panels, the Russo touched on their desire to shine the spotlight on Avengers members in Infinity War who have yet to receive their own "A story arc". If true, it's likely that Infinity War won't be told through the eyes of any of The Avengers who have received their own standalone movie. Here's what Joe Russo stated.

"Everything is finite, right? Nothing can last forever. It's cyclical. Some New Avengers in phase 4 are going to become prominent and then maybe some Avengers might not be around anymore. So, we'll see how all this plays out but you have to treat every character with respect. I think it's interesting that if you've seen four or five movies with the lead character having an arc, I want to see some story telling from some of the secondary characters. We're focusing on that right now with Infinity War while we're breaking into those movies, [asking] which characters can we pull to the forefront who potentially haven't had their own 'A' story arc to this point. I think you'll see that the supporting Avengers are going to become primary Avengers."

In analyzing Joe Russo's comments, that would seem to rule out characters like Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch). By the time Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 is released on May 04, 2018, we'll also have seen solo films from Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) and Spider-Man (Tom Holland). In looking at the existing roster of Avengers, that would leave Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), Falcon (Anthony Mackie), Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), War Machine (Don Cheadle) and Vision (Paul Bettany) as strong candidates to have the spotlight shined on them in Infinity War. It's also possible that the focus could be on Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) and Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan) though it's arguable that these three have already received "A story arcs". Consideration also has to be given to new characters that could be introduced. There's a solo Captain Marvel film slated for release on March 8, 2019 but it's possible that the character could first be introduced in Infinity War, similar to how Spider-Man is being introduced in Captain America: Civil War.

Unread 2016-01-14, 11:27 AM   #23
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

‘Captain America: Civil War’ Directors on Landing Spider-Man, ‘Infinity War’ Shooting Schedule

Of the many movies we’re all looking forward to taking in with 2016 just underway, very few have the clout of Captain America: Civil War. In fact, only Rogue One and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice are even worth discussing in relation to the movie at this point, in terms of sheer fanbase and anticipation levels. So, it’s not surprising that after Collider’s IMAX screening of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, one of the MCU’s most durable volumes, our very own Steven Weintraub dug right into where directors Joe and Anthony Russo are in the editing process for Civil War, and how things are going in pre-production for the two-part Avengers: Infinity War saga. We’ll have a video of the entire interview up as soon as possible.
Image via Marvel

After fielding small anecdotes about having Robert Redford cook salmon for them when they first met the Hollywood legend, and getting hung up on where Captain America (Chris Evans) would store his shield in his modest apartment, the Russos got right into discussing Civil War. They began with comparing Civil War to Winter Soldier in terms of tone and narrative, with the brothers calling Civil War more of a “psychological thriller” than the political thriller that The Winter Soldier was so often cast as. Here’s what they had to say:
“Of course, Winter Soldier was a political thriller. We think of Civil War as a psychological thriller. It’s a complicated movie. And yes, it divides these people that you’ve known to not only be a team, but Cap and Natasha, in this movie, they’re evolving into a surrogate family for each other. So, it’s a closer group of people that’s being divided. That’s a difficult thing to do.”

“There’s a good portion of [Civil War] that’s actually funnier than Winter Soldier, because there are characters in that film, that come from worlds where the tone is more comedic. Not all the characters in that movie have the same history as the Avengers. They’re coming at the problem of the film, not embedded with that baggage.”

“They’re not tied to the central arc of the movie with the same motivation as the other characters, so they can be lighter. I think there are a lot lighter moments because there are much darker moments as well. We did have to work very hard at that.”
Image via Marvel

They went on to discuss where Spider-Man fits into the action, and what was important to them as far as reinventing the character. They began by discussing how they came to get permission to bring Spidey into Civil War. Here’s what they had to say:
“It was a very long process. Kind of thing we had to lobby for for months. What happens during a long process like that, you’re continuing to develop the movie and the character. During the time that it takes you to convince the powers that be to make the jump and let you do that, you’ve engrained the character so deeply into the story at that point that you’d have to destroy the story to take him out. So, by the time we found out that he’d be in the movie, it wasn’t so much elation than like ‘Thank God! We don’t have to blow the whole movie up.'”

“I’m a comic book fan and collector, since I was a kid, and he’s my favorite character. And to get a chance to reinvent that character…For me, I really wanted to see somebody cast who was very close to a high schooler’s age…What was so valuable to me about the character, when I was a kid, is that he’s a high schooler with this power and responsibility, and it makes him very distinct as a hero. It makes him distinct from the other characters in the Marvel Universe, who are confident, experienced superheroes. It’s super important to have that color of the movie, and we felt that it was invaluable and we do think it goes a long way. That character helps us balance out the tone of the movie.”
Image via Marvel

Next, they touched on where they are in the editing process and how far they are from finishing the film:
“The next month is the hardest part of the editing process cause we’re right at the point where we’re…I’d say in about a month from now, we’ll be what we call ‘locking picture.’ So the movie will be set in stone at that point. We’ll still have visual effects to work on for another six weeks or so after that point.”

“This has been the easiest post process we’ve ever had on a film. We’re very happy with how the movie was. Everyone is very happy with where the movie was. For us, the tricky thing is the effects because it’s a very complicated movie and there are some really big sequences in the film. The effects are on a much larger scale than the work we did on Winter Soldier. That’s the part that becomes really difficult because you don’t have a lot of time and everyone has very high standards. So everyone starts killing themselves at this point. We’re finishing up the music – Henry Jackman is back to score and we’re really happy with the score. He leaves for London in two weeks and we do a few reshoots next week…we’ll be done with the movie in 2 and a half months.”
Image via Marvel

From there they gave some early updates on where they are in pre-production on the monolith that is Avengers: Infinity War, the two-part culmination of everything that’s happened in the MCU since Iron Man first put on his suit. They were brief but stressed the tremendous scope of the films – “Thanos has a very large agenda,” as they said. Here’s what they said about scope of the film and the shooting schedule:
“We were being figurative when we said [67 characters] and people took it as literal but there’s a lot of characters. Infinity War is meant to be the culmination of the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe up to that point. It’s very ambitious in its scope, it wants to take everythign that you’ve seen before and coalesce into some kinda of climactic ending. It’s complicated , ambitious storytelling…We’re not talking about lead characters, just people that make an appearance.”

“We start shooting both of them later this year in November and we’re primarily going to be based in Atlanta again. That’s where we’ll do out stage work and some exteriors. There will be locations from around the world involved as well. We actually relocate to Atlanta in late July to finish up pre-production there. We don’t come back to L.A. until the following June.”

“We’re shooting them concurrently, meaning that some days we’ll be shooting the first movie and some days we’ll be shooting the second movie. Just jumping back and forth. We won’t look like this next year.”
And here’s what they said about where they are on writing with screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely:
“We have two excellent outlines from Markus and McFeely. They just went off and started writing the first draft of the first movie.”
Beyond that, they confirmed that they will be shooting the entire Infinity War on IMAX cameras, and that they will be working with their regular DP, Trent Opaloch, on both films. And when asked about appearances by any of the Marvel characters from Netflix’s series, they simply said that “anything is possible in Marvel,” which would qualify as the understatement of the decade.
Image via Marvel

Image via Marvel

Unread 2016-01-21, 04:39 PM   #24
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Could Marvel Recast Daredevil For Avengers: Infinity War? Here's What Charlie Cox Said

Since it was announced that Marvel and Netflix were teaming up to tell the stories of the characters that make up the Defenders, there has been speculation that these individuals could turn up in the movies somewhere down the line. The obvious spot for this would be the two-part Avengers: Infinity War event, which will include a massive array of superheroes. Charlie Cox, who plays Daredevil, hasn’t heard anything about such a crossover, but also wouldn’t be surprised to see his costumed alter ego recast on the big screen.

After receiving rave reviews in 2015, Daredevil Season 2 is set to drop in full on Netflix in March. At the Television Critics Association press tour, Entertainment Tonight caught up with Charlie Cox, who admitted he had no idea how such a move might work, and said:
Marvel TV and Marvel Studios are two very different things. So even if the character were to appear in that film, that doesn't necessarily mean that I would appear in that film. I will pick a fight with the guy that they choose!
That would suck. I was initially skeptical about Charlie Cox as Daredevil and his civilian day job as lawyer Matt Murdock, but he killed it in both roles. Especially following the disappointment that was Ben Affleck’s big screen turn as the Man Without Fear, I’d hate to see them recast the part so soon.

Also, that doesn’t seem to be the way that Marvel is playing things. While the DC Extended Universe will feature different actors than their TV counterparts—most notably the Flash will be played by two different people—Marvel has already shown they’re willingness to have some back and forth between formats. Phil Coulson from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. first appeared in the movies before moving to the small screen, as did Peggy Carter, and we’ve witnessed the events of the movies impact the action on television. These characters could recast, but that doesn’t seem to be their MO.

Further speculation that the Defenders—Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist—might show up in Avengers: Infinity War arose when directors Joe and Anthony Russo said they were choosing heroes from a stable of 67 characters. That was a bit of an exaggeration on their part, as they later cleared up, but the general gist is that there are going to be tons of characters in play as the MCU heroes try to stop Thanos from taking over, well, taking over everything.

Before we get to that, however, Daredevil will have plenty to do in Season 2. There’s the general grime and crime of Hell’s Kitchen to contend with, not to mention the daily struggles of a blind attorney, and we know that characters like Elektra and the Punisher will arrive on the scene. That’s bound to change the landscape drastically. And at some point he’ll come together with Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist and the Defenders will be born, so there’s that to look forward to.

Unread 2016-02-02, 05:50 PM   #25
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Brolin Teases Some "Very Exciting" Plans For 'Thanos' In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Detailing just how much work will go into playing Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War, Josh Brolin also teases an upcoming meeting with Marvel Studios to discuss his future in their Cinematic Universe.

So far, we've only seen glimpses of Thanos in movies like The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avengers: Age of Ultron, but with Infinity War just around the corner, his role in Phase 3 promises to be far more significant.

Talking to Superhero Hype recently, Josh Brolin had this to say about just how much work will be going into him playing The Mad Titan in the coming years. "It’s not voice work, it’s mo-cap. I’m there. I’m there and I’m not in a booth. I’m being filmed. I have a bunch of crap on my face. [laughs] I’m being filmed by like thirty-four cameras? Thirty-six cameras? Something like that. Every movement, everything. So, it’s very new to me, it’s very exciting, it’s very unnerving. But I sure trust these guys! You know?" That's very good to hear and should ensure that, as with Ultron, we really get to explore the dynamic between Thanos and Earth's Mightiest Heroes in a very personal way. After all, it wouldn't be the same if he just came in and recorded his lines after the fact!

As for what's next for the villain, Brolin wouldn't share any specifics, but did tease big things being on the horizon. "We’re supposed to get together very soon to talk about the trajectory of Thanos in the next few years and it’s very exciting. It’s one of the better decisions I think I’ve made."

Tags
black panther, black widow, captain america, dr strange, infinity war, iron man, spiderman, thanos