Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2011-11-14, 07:20 PM   #76
turbotuner20v

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 22
Thanks (Received): 83
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 1009
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 10

looks like a corvette, a 599, and a GTR had a baby... I don't think it's too bad... but I wonder how it will look in a 'z06' or 'base' version.
turbotuner20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-11-14, 09:11 PM   #77
Brick.

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 52
Likes (Given): 103
Likes (Received): 472
Dislikes (Given): 14

The back half looks like a last gen celica...and not in a good way (if that is even possible).

Previous: 2008 535xiT, 2005 CTS-V, 1999 Corvette, 2005 Saab 9-2x
Brick. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-11-14, 10:46 PM   #78
BluBeaSSt

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 612
Likes (Received): 651
Dislikes (Given): 33
Dislikes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick. View Post
The back half looks like a last gen celica...and not in a good way (if that is even possible).
Reminds me more of a 458 IMO
BluBeaSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-11-14, 11:15 PM   #79
Slowleen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 175
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 7

I hope someone at GM is trolling the Internet and this is not true.

Then again, as a life-long Corvette fan, I can feel relief that I won't being wanting this and can keep my money in my pocket.
Unread 2011-11-15, 12:51 AM   #80
dstock1088

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 106
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 476
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick. View Post
Last gen celica owner checking in.

Not a fan of the vette though.

PM me for custom cabinets and other home remodeling needs.
dstock1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-11-15, 07:54 AM   #81
early93viper

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 21
Likes (Given): 195
Likes (Received): 145
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 4

I like the curves of the C5 and the C6 much better.
early93viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-11-18, 10:45 AM   #82
mrstage1

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 30
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 2

It has potential. The rendering's 2D probably leaves out some panel curvature and bulges so I'll pass judgement til I get to see one in person.

If it has bulges in the places on the rendering it looks like it may...could be a very good looking car. Let's see if they reduce the weight even more as they stated they would. A 3200lb or less ZR1 with a bump in power would be awesome.
785-856-4555
Just ask how we can make your imagination into reality.
mrstage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-11-29, 12:24 PM   #83
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Possible threats of termination are a sure-fire confirmation your Corvette images are real

I've always believed reports of threats of termination disseminated through Facebook are obviously the best form of confirmation that you've got the real deal when an image of a new car leaks way early. Like what a user over at VWVortex claims happened when he posted a link to our exclusive 2014 Corvette / 2015 Corvette ZR1 renderings over on Facebook.
I pasted the Jalopnik link on my FB page, and had a very interesting email sent back.
I have a friend of mine who works for GM just email me on Facebook....
"Someone is getting fired over that."
Just a guess here, but it sounds like the drawing is legit.

GM issues weak-ass denial on our 2014 Corvette exclusive

Chevrolet's PR/marketing apparatchik, via the Corvette Facebook page, publicly — and weakly — denied the renderings we revealed earlier today were of the 2014 Corvette / 2015 Corvette ZR1.
General Motors has a standing policy not to comment on speculation of future product. Which would mean, that, since they did comment here, maybe it means it's not "speculation" but it is, as we claim, actual future product:
Today Jalopnik posted renderings of what they think the next-gen Corvette will look like. We appreciate their enthusiasm but you'll have to wait a little longer to see what the next Corvette will actually look like.
OK, so my internal link scenario here is slightly tenuous, but whatever GM, it's a weak-ass denial and you're not goading me into giving up my sources by showing more of what I've got!

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-11-29, 12:33 PM   #84
volksmech
volksmech > God

Location: the dreams in which i die are the best i've ever had
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 632
Dislikes (Received): 5

The silver one on top looks like a fucking hyundai tiburon from the side. yuk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun
I think it needs a LS1
volksmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-19, 09:40 AM   #85
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2014 Chevrolet Corvette: First Photos

Two months ago we brought your exclusive first renderings of the 2014 Chevy Corvette. Those images, in ZR1 trim, were based off our first-hand look at the new sports car. As you'd expect, they ignited a firestorm across the automotive world, with many believing what we showed you were fake. Hell, even GM — an automaker who claims they never comment on future product — issued a weak-ass denial of the authenticity of the images.
But now this morning, thanks to our friends at KGP Photography, we have these first spy photos of a pre-production version of the new Corvette.
You never should have doubted us.

View the gallery

These images show the 2014 Corvette — the seventh generation C7 Corvette — testing in the real world as a production-spec IVER prototype. And as you can see, everything seems to match up quite nicely to our exclusive renderings. For starters take a good look at that rear end — four pipes in a trapezoidal exhaust opening.
Check out the hint of Camaro-esque taillights. Yup, that's totally the distinctive look we revealed in the middle of November.
Next, look at the roofline. Does it look familiar? It should — it's the exact same one we showed you back in November.
Or the front end with that big open-mouthed grille? Yes, that's precisely the look you saw in our renderings.
The A pillar? Totally what we showed you. The kick at the bottom right corner of the door? It's there too.

View the gallery

Take a look through both sets of shots and compare for yourself. I think you'll see why we were so excited to bring you those renderings back in November. Those who were in our corner — thank you. Those that weren't? Don't worry about it — we know it won't happen again.

Unread 2012-01-19, 10:28 AM   #86
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 179
Likes (Received): 216
Dislikes (Received): 6

Well to clarify, the Corvette already competes with Porsche and Ferrari...

I think GM intends to refine the Corvette a little, increasing so touch materials, and giving the interior a more upscale finish. I'm sure the seats will be nicer looking versions of whats currently offered, with the addition of a more track oriented seat ala the CTS-V with the Recaro option. Beyond that I don't expect the next gen Vette to be a revolution as much as an evolution.

The spy shots don't tell much as GM often puts the last gen body on the new version, but the LED tails peaking out are a good step forward. Can't wait to see what they have come up with...
Unread 2012-01-19, 10:51 AM   #87
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosM3 View Post
Well to clarify, the Corvette already competes with Porsche and Ferrari...

I think GM intends to refine the Corvette a little, increasing so touch materials, and giving the interior a more upscale finish. I'm sure the seats will be nicer looking versions of whats currently offered, with the addition of a more track oriented seat ala the CTS-V with the Recaro option. Beyond that I don't expect the next gen Vette to be a revolution as much as an evolution.

The spy shots don't tell much as GM often puts the last gen body on the new version, but the LED tails peaking out are a good step forward. Can't wait to see what they have come up with...
GM obviously doesn't think they compete since it was their own VP who said they need to step it up.

Unread 2012-01-19, 12:04 PM   #88
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 179
Likes (Received): 216
Dislikes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
GM obviously doesn't think they compete since it was their own VP who said they need to step it up.
He was most likely referring to prestige...

Let me clarify the Corvette already competes with and exceeds Ferrari and Porsche in a number of different ways. The only car faster than the ZR1 on the Nurburgring for example was the Porsche 911 GT2 RS and it was a "claimed" lap time of 7.18 from Porsche. The ZR1 had a verified laptime of 7.19. Even the "plebian" Z06 is faster than the Enzo at the ring with a verified 7.22 compared to the Enzo's 7.25. The ring is obviously only one test to consider, price would be another... ZR1 around $100k-$120k based on options and time frame on purchase, base price for the GT2 RS is $245,000...

GM wants to sell the Corvette in Europe successfully and will based on that need to polish it up a bit. I could realistically see Corvette stealing sales from the 911 there if done right, but Ferrari's are purchased because they are Ferrari's...
CosmosM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-01-19, 12:35 PM   #89
early93viper

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 21
Likes (Given): 195
Likes (Received): 145
Dislikes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosM3 View Post
Let me clarify the Corvette already competes with and exceeds Ferrari and Porsche in a number of different ways. The only car faster than the ZR1 on the Nurburgring for example was the Porsche 911 GT2 RS and it was a "claimed" lap time of 7.18 from Porsche. The ZR1 had a verified laptime of 7.19. Even the "plebian" Z06 is faster than the Enzo at the ring with a verified 7.22 compared to the Enzo's 7.25. The ring is obviously only one test to consider, price would be another... ZR1 around $100k-$120k based on options and time frame on purchase, base price for the GT2 RS is $245,000...
The 2010 Viper ACR was faster: http://jalopnik.com/5840489/dodge-vi...nd-some-change

7:12

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5STmCZT_2E8
early93viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-07-09, 01:29 PM   #90
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette fascia gets accidental web preview

Whoops. No matter how hard an automaker tries to keep its future products under wraps – both literally, in the form of heavy cladding and swirly paint jobs, and figuratively – all that effort can be undone with one faulty click of the mouse.

Such is the case with the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette. The final design of the so-called C7, due to hit the market as a 2014 model, has mostly been kept under lock and key. Automotive supplier Omega Tool Corp., though, has inadvertently revealed what appear to be digital renderings of the car's front fascia and the metal tooling used to mold it.

Granted, the pointy-nosed face of the Corvette was all but a forgone conclusion, considering that every 'Vette has been blessed with such a beak since the late 1960s. Still, any sneak peek at the C7 Corvette is worth taking a good long look at. Not surprisingly, the video was removed from the web shortly after it went up... but not before a full spate of screen shots were captured. See for yourself in our high-res gallery of screen shots above.

Last edited by JDLM; 2012-07-09 at 03:12 PM..
Unread 2012-09-05, 11:36 AM   #91
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

This Image Will Make You Fall In Love With The 2014 Chevy Corvette
Matt Hardigree
Much to GM's dismay, we've been all over the 2014 Corvette since last November when we showed you exclusive first renders. Then we showed you 2014 Corvette spy photos that confirmed the renders and leaked renders of the nose from a supplier.

Last month we brought you the first 2014 Corvette video put together by our friends at Trinity Animation.

Today, we're proud to bring you Trinity's latest render of a C7 Corvette in stunning black that's a better preview of the car everyone expects to see at next year's Detroit Auto Show.
Doesn't it just make you love the new Corvette? The animators at Trinity seem to have captured more of the seductive, Euro-inspired shape than we were able to with our first renders. After some back-and-forth with us and looking at other sources they've further refined their take on the next generation 'Vette.

Our first images were of a ZR1 Corvette and this appears more like what we've been led to believe the base or Grand Sport will look like when it debuts. We're proud to bring this to you exclusively.

If you didn't like the first images does this change your mind?

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Bustin Dailey liked this post
Unread 2012-09-05, 12:34 PM   #92
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 925
Thanks (Received): 335
Likes (Given): 6334
Likes (Received): 2729
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131

Kind of looks like a 612?
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-09-05, 12:48 PM   #93
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

If GM is really, really serious about trying to take on the big boys then I think they shouldnt do it with the Vette. Keep the Vette what it is, a pretty flexible platform that can be had on the cheap (relatively, for the standard model) to play with M3s and then on on the top end as a cheap way to run around the track with the big boys.

But if you really, honestly want to say you are going to take on Ferrari in style, quality and performance in a single package then it really needs its own bespoke chassis. Not a tarted up version of a chassis that any commoner can get.

Keep the Vette F/R and cheap, make an all alum (or CF if you dare) new car with a mid engine and monocoque with 40 cows inside to give them a run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBeaSSt View Post
Reminds me more of a 458 IMO
LOL, No.
Unread 2012-09-14, 09:25 AM   #94
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Due next year as a 2014 model, the next iteration of the Chevrolet Corvette, the C7, won't be a completely revolutionary design, but it will be largely new, and it will almost certainly get a new base engine. These latest spy shots of a prototype give us our best look yet at the car, reaffirming our previous prediction that the C7 will be a tighter and more focused car than the C6.

Unfortunately, the bodywork is almost completely obscured by heavy camouflage. Nonetheless, a few details are discernible, and the fact that its out and about means more revealing images could be coming soon.

So what can we see of the new car's design? The front overhang appears to be shorter than the previous C6's, though the front fenders look to be slightly longer--there's more space between the door and the wheel well--and the rear cargo may be just slightly smaller.

Quad exhaust tips at the center of the rear bumper are similar to the C6's, but without the slight gap between pairs--the C7's are all right next to each other, and reside in a fully-enclosed surround instead of simply hanging below the bumper as in the current Corvette. A new high-mount brake light is also visible at the top of the rear deck, the tail lights themselves appear to be LED-based. Overall, the look is reminiscent of 2009’s 50th Anniversary Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept.

At the front end, a narrower, taller air inlet sits above the front splitter, and the headlights look to be wearing a new shape and internal design. The side mirrors are also smaller and sleeker, while the roof appears to be identical to the C6's.

Inside, the next Corvette is expected to amp up the luxury factor with improved materials and more attractive styling. At the same time, weight will be kept in check with extensive use of composite materials, both in the cabin and in the car's structure. A special new high-tech gauge cluster is also possible.

As for the engines, we think GM's upcoming 5.5-liter V-8 will get the nod, improving fuel economy while maintaining the power levels Corvette buyers expect--up to 440 horsepower in its base trim. Performance models like the track-focused Z06 and flagship ZR1 should keep their respective 7.0-liter and supercharged 6.2-liter V-8s, however. Transmission choices are expected to include a seven-speed manual, just like the Porsche 911, as well as a seven-speed automatic.

Handling is expected to improve as well, with the development program focused on improving feedback to the driver for greater controllability at the limit.

Production of the car will once again take place at GM's plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky, which was recently retooled for the start of C7 production.

We'll keep you updated with more photos and details as they develop, so check back often. However, in the meantime, check out this previous spy video of a prototype.

Unread 2012-09-14, 09:33 AM   #95
69Mach351

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 262
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 1792
Likes (Received): 1701
Dislikes (Given): 37
Dislikes (Received): 44

Will reserve judgement. The black drawing looked cheap IMO.
69Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-09-18, 08:49 AM   #96
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2014 Chevrolet Corvette prototype spied

These are the latest spy shots with the upcoming 2014 Chevrolet Corvette (C7) that promises to be more focused than the C6. From what we can tell, the front overhang seems to be shorter while the front fenders are most likely a bit longer. In addition, we notice that there’s more space between the door and the wheel well.

It has the same quad exhaust tips of the current model but without that slight gap between the pairs. Unlike in the C6, the exhaust tips are residing in a fully enclosed surround rather than just hanging below the rear bumper. At the top of the rear deck is a high-mount brake light, while the taillights will most likely get the LED treatment.
The front of the car reveals a taller and narrower air inlet located above the front splitter, while the headlights will probably get a new internal design and also a different shape. As for the side mirrors, these seem to be smaller and sleeker, while the roof will probably remain just about the same as on the C6.
The interior of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette will receive improved materials for a more premium finish, as well as a more attractive styling. Composite materials will be used to lower the curb weight of the car, while a high tech gauge cluster is a possibility for the C7.

Unread 2012-09-18, 08:51 AM   #97
69Mach351

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 262
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 1792
Likes (Received): 1701
Dislikes (Given): 37
Dislikes (Received): 44

<---- This guy really wants to see it without the cover
69Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-09-18, 09:05 AM   #98
turbotuner20v

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 22
Thanks (Received): 83
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 1009
Dislikes (Given): 4

Aftermarket companies better ramp up production of rear defusers for the C6 that look like that C7 pic, guys are going to be buying those up like crazy.
turbotuner20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-09-18, 11:13 AM   #99
TAILWAG

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 199
Thanks (Received): 128
Likes (Given): 355
Likes (Received): 777
Dislikes (Given): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post

This Image Will Make You Fall In Love With The 2014 Chevy Corvette
Matt Hardigree
Much to GM's dismay, we've been all over the 2014 Corvette since last November when we showed you exclusive first renders. Then we showed you 2014 Corvette spy photos that confirmed the renders and leaked renders of the nose from a supplier.

Last month we brought you the first 2014 Corvette video put together by our friends at Trinity Animation.

Today, we're proud to bring you Trinity's latest render of a C7 Corvette in stunning black that's a better preview of the car everyone expects to see at next year's Detroit Auto Show.
Doesn't it just make you love the new Corvette? The animators at Trinity seem to have captured more of the seductive, Euro-inspired shape than we were able to with our first renders. After some back-and-forth with us and looking at other sources they've further refined their take on the next generation 'Vette.

Our first images were of a ZR1 Corvette and this appears more like what we've been led to believe the base or Grand Sport will look like when it debuts. We're proud to bring this to you exclusively.

If you didn't like the first images does this change your mind?
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew...just puked a little in my mouth. That thing looks fugly and weak.
TAILWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-09-18, 12:50 PM   #100
Bustin Dailey
Fanboi 4 lyfe

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 879
Thanks (Received): 106
Likes (Given): 1432
Likes (Received): 597
Dislikes (Given): 53
Dislikes (Received): 21

Quote: