Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Site Sponsors, Vendors > HouseofHID.com

Unread 2010-09-05, 02:09 PM   #1
EA
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 38
Likes (Received): 678
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 6
Default My "House of HID" Review, on my 1964 Caddy

So when I bought my caddy and drove it the 22 hours home from the east coast. Other then the fact that it had flat spotted tires, the MAJOR issue was the lack of lighting during the night portion of our drive.

I knew for a fact, the second I was back in KC, I would be making a call to Will over at House of HID. (If you don't know who he is by now, you live under a rock) I knew Will would have a solution for my issues, and make my caddy look uber dope when rolling at night to the local hang outs.

So, as I usually do, picked out the 6000k 35watt low beam kit from House of HID, and their 5.75" glass H4 conversion lamps. I just like the cool blue glow of the 6000k kits, I just can't help myself. Anyways, a few days later the lamps, and the HID kit arrived and I got to work.

The install, literally took 20min. (Would have taken 15min if I wasn't snapping photos)

Opening the box, I am greeted with this dope looking ballasts.

Here are the conversion portion, to allow a H4 bulb into the glass housing.

Couple screws to take off the chrome trim, and the old lamp starts coming out.

Testing the "plug and play" what do you know, even with the 46yr old wires, works PERFECT!

Temp solution to ballast mounting, just has to make it till winter. (engine bay overhaul)

And now the "Side by Side" comparisons.....words don't describe how much better it is.
Visibility is so greatly improved its almost mind blowing. Even though my Caddy already had upgraded headlights in it, it still was like two candles in front of the car.

Stock HIGH beams

HID Low beams

Stock low beams

HID low beams

And here is what is great. Since I have done the install, they haven't flickered once, nor have they had any of the "one eye willy" issues happen when you turn your lights on, and only one HID comes on. Like I said, even with the uber old 46 year old wiring from my caddy, and its pretty lack luster charging system, these ballasts and lights have been perfect.

My gal and I just took a 10 hour road trip to the ozark mountains in AR for a mini-vacation. And every night we would spend hours driving though the winding mountain roads. And now thanks to these HID's I had plenty of time to stop when small animals and other debris was in the roadway, that I normally wouldn't have seen.

Thanks again Will, and House of HID.
(Here is a trip from one of the roads I am talking about)
Not a place you wanna be at night, with poor lighting.

Viper GTS "No Bad Days"
Mercedes E-class "Hybrid Killer"
Mercedes E-wagon "Unicorn"
Mustang GT "Corner Carver"
Mustang GT "True Street 10.5"
Cadillac Coupe "The Mattress"
GMC Sierra "Slammed Hauler"
Honda CR250R "Woods Weapon"

-- I need to sell some cars
EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-09-05, 02:19 PM   #2
stangkilr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 106
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 13

Im happy with mine too!

2010 Camaro SS | Turbo | TH400 | G-FORCE 9 inch | E85 | JUSTUNE
2012 CBR1000RR
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-09-05, 04:10 PM   #3
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 42
Thanks (Received): 110
Likes (Given): 655
Likes (Received): 783
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 16

Nice, how is the cut off on them. I've been thinking of picking up a set for the Datsun.
freekwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-09-05, 08:20 PM   #4
b16gsr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 31
Likes (Received): 415
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 7

will has great stuff. i have owned many of his kits, and will continue to do so.
b16gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-09-05, 09:14 PM   #5
LS1969

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 30
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekwonder View Post
Nice, how is the cut off on them. I've been thinking of picking up a set for the Datsun.

...not that my headlights are terrible, but they're certainly not as bright as my VW's halogens. Is there a projector/cut-off/whatever in the housing so I don't blind others?
LS1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-09-08, 08:04 AM   #6
EA
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekwonder View Post
There is a bit of an odd "glare" that goes out to the sides, however I believe its caused by the HUGE caddy chrome housings that surround the headlight. And nothing to do with the stuff House of HID supplied. Nothing to worry about, looks like cool actually.

Viper GTS "No Bad Days"

Unread 2010-09-08, 08:05 AM   #7
EA
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1969 View Post

...not that my headlights are terrible, but they're certainly not as bright as my VW's halogens. Is there a projector/cut-off/whatever in the housing so I don't blind others?
Proper aiming will do wonders, then if you want, you can always put the chrome reducer on the lens.

Viper GTS "No Bad Days"

Unread 2010-09-08, 08:50 AM   #8
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 42
Thanks (Received): 110
Likes (Given): 655
Likes (Received): 783
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
There is a bit of an odd "glare" that goes out to the sides, however I believe its caused by the HUGE caddy chrome housings that surround the headlight. And nothing to do with the stuff House of HID supplied. Nothing to worry about, looks like cool actually.
Definitely won't question HOH quality, just asking since they are HID bulbs in a non projector housing. I'm definitely going to be talking to Will and getting a set for the dime here soon. Luckily I already have H4 housings, I just need the bulbs/ballasts.
freekwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-03-19, 10:38 PM   #9
volksmech
volksmech > God

Location: the dreams in which i die are the best i've ever had
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 632
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 5

if you passed through harrison or compton arkansas on yhour trip you drove through my home town. beautiful country

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun
I think it needs a LS1
volksmech is offline   Reply With Quote