Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Business, Finance

Unread 2016-03-18, 11:15 AM   #26
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 998
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 63

I have about 18 years of experience conducting environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance, and corrective measures. I routinely conduct mergers and acquisition environmental due diligence for various clients including private equity companies, law firms, lending institutions, insurance companies, and corporations. M&A deals typically range a few million to ~$1B. I've worked for or any my hand in just about every major company and industry you can think of.

Project scopes typically include evaluating the target company with respect to known and potential environmental liabilities, regulatory compliance matters, and environmental capital expenditures (CAPEX). In an effort to quantify environmental business risk and liabilities, I help develop reasonable case and reasonable worst-case scenarios and costs to address the matters. These costs are typically used to lower the purchase price, may be set aside in escrow for a set amount of time, or the seller may indemnify the buyer and the seller keeps the known liabilities at the time of sale.

Hours can be nuts due to how quickly these deals move and routinely working with attorneys can be exhausting sometimes. Overall, the work is very interesting and has given me incredible insight into business, the transaction process, how deals are brokered, how entities are carved out of a business, and what's selling/what's not.

Last edited by Dave B; 2016-03-18 at 11:50 AM..
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-20, 10:05 AM   #27
87supraT

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 22
Likes (Given): 47
Likes (Received): 92
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1

I'm an Area Director for a company called OnSite Solutions. We detail cars for dealerships in a few markets across the US. I started in KC, but have since moved to Omaha. I've been detailing about half my life, but with OnSite for around 5yrs now.

I do not detail cars often anymore because I handle all of our operations in Omaha. I staff all of my customers detail departments and train them. I'm always researching new products/tool/procedures to help my guys be better than any other dealership detail department as well as offer my customers anything they would need in the form of detailing. Since detailing is something I'm passionate about, I get to sneak away and do some cars for personal clients every now and then. That's where it gets fun for me. Eventually, my company has talked with me about coming back to KC to run some classes for some of our site managers to help them with their techniques on paint correction.
Unread 2016-03-20, 08:12 PM   #28
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 257
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1932
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87supraT View Post
I'm an Area Director for a company called OnSite Solutions. We detail cars for dealerships in a few markets across the US. I started in KC, but have since moved to Omaha. I've been detailing about half my life, but with OnSite for around 5yrs now.

I do not detail cars often anymore because I handle all of our operations in Omaha. I staff all of my customers detail departments and train them. I'm always researching new products/tool/procedures to help my guys be better than any other dealership detail department as well as offer my customers anything they would need in the form of detailing. Since detailing is something I'm passionate about, I get to sneak away and do some cars for personal clients every now and then. That's where it gets fun for me. Eventually, my company has talked with me about coming back to KC to run some classes for some of our site managers to help them with their techniques on paint correction.
Hopefully you come back so we can get back to golfing

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-21, 09:54 AM   #29
Ebanks

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 137
Likes (Received): 583
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 5

We own a few companies that are all involved in helping smaller hospitals and multi-specialty physician clinics operate sleep labs in different ways. In one we provide staffing and equipment, in another we provide training/capital/daytime management, in another we provide home sleep testing equipment and back in technical support.

I have various titles depending on the company, although my actual functional role is basically that of COO.

I office from home and probably travel on-site 4-6 days a month on average. I have ultimate flexibility in my schedule as I am my own boss, but also have to be available 24 hours a day to at least take calls as I am the end of the line on any issues that come up whether that be with day staff or with overnight sleep techs.

This does allow us to do a lot of things we couldn't do if I had a normal job as my wife stopped working about 18 months ago. As long as my internet and cell service is adequate we can pretty much travel when and where we want, which is nice and something we value and take advantage of quite a bit.
Ebanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-21, 10:20 AM   #30
87supraT

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 22
Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Hopefully you come back so we can get back to golfing
There have been talks of me coming back for a few things, but not for 6months to a year...
Unread 2016-03-21, 12:07 PM   #31
sleek98

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 185
Likes (Received): 201
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 4

CPA

I work for a family office as a tax manager, I oversee their corporate returns as well as their individual returns. I also work with the controller on new projects that the family is investing in.
Unread 2016-03-21, 01:41 PM   #32
MxYfz2008

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 40
Likes (Received): 82
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 5

Purchasing Agent for Inventory Sales Company.

We supply most the major projects in Kansas City with, Strut, Clevises, anything to build the buildings with Supplying alot of the mechanical and electrical contractors in the city.

I am the only buyer in this branch, and i oversee the receiving department. It has its stressful days but i really do enjoy my job.
Unread 2016-03-21, 02:42 PM   #33
meangreenmachine

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 6
Dislikes (Received): 0

Manufacturing Engineer
10 years
-Plan and support the build process of large major assemblies
-Implement fab and assembly plans by coordinating with design and manufacturing teams
-Coordinate with engineering teams to provide feedback and input in regards to design
-Coordinate with supply chain team to support outside production and delivery
Unread 2016-03-21, 03:05 PM   #34
waphill

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 15
Dislikes (Received): 3

I own an insurance agency.

Very similar to Ricerking13, although I tend to spend more time on Property/ Casualty instead of Life and Annuities. I also spend most of my time educating, versus selling. If I have to SELL someone, then typically that isn't the kind of business that I'm after.

I really enjoy helping people, and get to do that on a daily basis. I set my own schedule, which is a great benefit for me (have 1yr old twins). I work on 100% commission, so sometimes my income can be somewhat unpredictable. That's about the only con I can come up with.
waphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-21, 08:16 PM   #35
Protege94

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 28
Likes (Given): 16
Likes (Received): 98
Dislikes (Received): 20

I work at NAIC as an analyst. I do all the admin/security and testing for our new applications.

1998 Civic EX
Protege94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-22, 08:34 AM   #36
black797

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 22
Likes (Received): 69
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 2

Director of IT at a large retail financial institution. Coming up on 10 years of IT experience ranging from tech support to consulting to management.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricerking13
...I'm retarded...
black797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-22, 04:31 PM   #37
tim_ws6

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 183
Likes (Received): 476

Architectural designer at a local architecture firm (BRR)

I work on a studio that focuses on remodeling of retail projects (mostly Walmart)

I manage projects anywhere from a thousand square feet, to a full supercenter remodel. I also travel a bit doing pre-project scopes, and post-construction observations. I am also one of the Revit (BIM) gurus in the company.

I love my job and the company is great. Good benefits and perks and they treat us right. Been there for 9 years now.

2002 CETA | 2012 Sierra Denali
tim_ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-22, 10:28 PM   #38
MymonteSS

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 119
Dislikes (Given): 21

This is a pretty cool thread seeing all the different jobs
Unread 2016-03-23, 10:35 AM   #39
Diamond Star

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 55
Thanks (Received): 111
Likes (Given): 10000
Likes (Received): 809
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 9

CPA at a Big 4 accounting firm

I deal with publicly traded partnerships, specifically MLP's (master limited partnerships). I deal with things from trial balances, tax returns, depreciation calcs, evaluating the effects of major transactions, and I deal a lot with SQL and system issues; which most CPA's wouldn't ever have to do but my group is very unique.
Diamond Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-24, 07:27 PM   #40
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 1308
Dislikes (Received): 25

For the past 30years I have floated between Engineering and Project Management positions in the Controls and Automation fields.

Mostly building mechanical and electrical systems, with a few years on the industrial side mainly in the oil and gas industry.

In the past I have worked for Siemens, Sprint, Trane and various engineering firms.

Over the years I have worked on probably a 1000 different projects, from small office buildings to complete University campuses. With Sprint my team managed the environmental systems for hundreds of buildings throughout the country.

I spent a year traveling to Korea and Brazil when I wrote the programming for an entire offshore oil platform.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes raCeR_X liked this post
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-27, 12:42 PM   #41
joekr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Received): 27

Pre-sales enterprise storage engineer

Began working in IT in 98. Started out in deskside support, moved to Solaris/EMC/Brocade administration, then went deep into storage area networking.

Got hired into the pre-sales realm about 3.5 years ago and never looked back. Stressful? Oh yes.. but the job is great since I have a damn good team I work with and I've grown a ton since joining the three letter company I work for that will not be named..

Job prior to that was working at Cerner as a storage engineer. Loved the job and the people but oncall was destroying me and I've got a 3 year old son.. Just needed more flexibility in my life and no more 3 AM calls for... whatever..
joekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-27, 09:02 PM   #42
evilpoptart

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 78
Likes (Given): 167
Likes (Received): 491
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 15

Man, I feel outclassed here. Lol

I'm a Plumbing Apprentice for P1 Group with the Local 8 Plumbers and Gasfitters Union.

We do a lot of hospital work. Admittedly, I had no idea what I was getting into when I took the job (thanks to KCShaner btw). Come to find out plumbers do a lot more than fix your sink.

I can now weld gas pipe, and do a lot of work with copper and cast iron as hospitals don't like pex and PVC very much. I've done anything from hospitals, to the new Truman corners, to schools. I've been in the program since July of 2014.

If you need any plumbing help, let me know!
Likes kcshaner liked this post
evilpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-27, 10:29 PM   #43
b16gsr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 31
Likes (Received): 415
Dislikes (Received): 7

Jack of all trades at our family owned truck stop/travel plaza of 37 years. Although we are not really your typical truck stop, we are in the truck washing business. We wash out livestock trailers on one side of the street and kosher/food grade tankers on the other, as well as truck exterior washing, and inside trailer washing of all kinds. We also have a tire shop which we service mainly large truck and ag customers, but have helped several members in the light truck and passenger world as well.

The most rewarding thing is knowing your customers. We see a majority of our customers 6 days a week, and I know many by name, carry on conversations and know their families.

I started back in the business in 2007 after being gone 14 years. We have since grown from 19 employees to 42.

2005 Porsche Carrera S
2004 Chevy 3500 HD SC 4X4 Flatbed
2003 Chevy 2500 HD EC/LB 4X4 Service Truck
1998 Acura Integra Type R

1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 door
1969 Chevrolet Corvette BB
b16gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-28, 10:01 AM   #44
redline5.0

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 34
Likes (Given): 126
Likes (Received): 285
Dislikes (Given): 13
Dislikes (Received): 18

Network admin for the FAA, work out of the Olathe center.
redline5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-28, 10:33 AM   #45
ForcFed93

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 94
Likes (Given): 332
Likes (Received): 660
Dislikes (Received): 29

So what I gather is KCSR is 98% IT people.
ForcFed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-28, 04:40 PM   #46
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post
Most popular.. but not overwhelming...

My count:

IT- 8
Insurance- 3
Skilled Labor/Manual labor- 7
Bio/Science/Med- 3
Design- 3
Engineering- 3
Investments/Accounting- 4
Service Industry- 1
Unsure how to identify- 2

Pretty diverse, IMO.
Unread 2016-03-28, 05:11 PM   #47
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 1308
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post
Soo, this is KCSR

Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes supersayianjim liked this post
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-28, 08:12 PM   #48
bryon123456789

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 59
Likes (Received): 53

I will be in the accounting/finance field. I am a little under a year from my bachelors in accounting and have been looking to get my foot in the door somewhere.

Currently i work for KVC which does foster care for most of the KC Metro area.
Unread 2016-03-29, 09:14 AM   #49
QWIK-GT

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 9
Dislikes (Received): 0

I'm a field service tech working on mobile rail equipment. specialize in anything that is manufactured by Nordco. I will fix just about anything if the customer is wanting it done.
Unread 2016-03-30, 08:16 PM   #50
Sully

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 57
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 4

I'm a Director in the drug research field. I oversee a group of ~30.
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote