Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2016-02-25, 09:40 AM   #1
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 257
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1932
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default 2020 Ford Bronco Concept Designed By a Fan Forum Is Absolutely Perfect

We are all rabid for a new, sixth-generation Ford Bronco. Rumor has it Ford is planning to build one by 2020. The automaker has been trolling Bronco fans for awhile now with teasers and winking hints. And whether you're a fan of the upright 1960s original or the early-'90s version of OJ Simpson fame, you're probably dying to see what a 21st-century Bronco looks like.

Well, we still haven't gotten a glimpse at what, if anything, Ford is planning for the Bronco nameplate. But that hasn't stopped the amazingly talented fans over at Bronco6G.com from taking matters into their own hands, rendering multiple versions of a concept 2020 Ford Bronco that absolutely nail what they, and we, want to see in a two-door 4x4.

"For our Bronco concept, we fused styling elements from previous Bronco generations, the 2004 Bronco concept, and modern Ford trucks and SUVs," Bronco6G.com administrator Tom told R&T in an email. "You can see the classic round headlights and square inset front grille evolved from the 1st gen Bronco, which was also showcased in the retro-futuristic 2004 Bronco concept."

"Our concept features a modern body-on-frame next-generation Bronco that retains a tall, boxy, tough, no-frills design with a strong focus on utility and off-road capabilities. We fitted separate versions with different grilles, wheel fender shapes, varying ride heights, and cargo rack for some different looks," Tom said.

Bronco6G.com intel says that the sixth-generation Bronco (for which the site is named) would most likely be built at Ford's Michigan Truck Plant in Wayne, Michigan, and that the automaker is benchmarking the Jeep Wrangler as its closest competitor.

We definitely dig what they've come up with. There's definitely some current Ford truck DNA in there—look at the shape of the windshield, clearly an F-150 piece—but the unadorned, slab-sided proportions and tidy, short-wheelbase layout is 100-percent Bronco.

Take a scroll through the full collection over at Bronco6G.com. Let them know what you think!

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-02-25, 10:23 AM   #2
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 482
Likes (Given): 4078
Likes (Received): 4368
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 168

I swear this stupid concept gets recirculated every 4 months.
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-02-25, 10:23 AM   #3
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

The "idea" behind a Bronco revival comes up all the time however this is a new rendering

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-02-25, 11:02 AM   #4
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 179
Likes (Received): 216
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 6

Remove the winch bumper which would never make it to production, slightly rework from the font bumper to production trim, 17 inch wheels with production level tires similar to Raptor, and give it the Ecoboost 2.7.
Unread 2016-02-25, 07:40 PM   #5
maynardDRIVESfast

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 40
Thanks (Received): 44
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 269
Dislikes (Received): 3

I love this rendering, and would definitely drive one. Pay attention, Ford.
Unread 2016-02-25, 08:44 PM   #6
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 925
Thanks (Received): 335
Likes (Given): 6333
Likes (Received): 2729
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131

Oh Truck Yeah!
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-02-25, 09:26 PM   #7
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 84
Likes (Received): 347
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 19

I think it looks awesome in that rendering!
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-02-25, 09:34 PM   #8
tim_ws6

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 183
Likes (Received): 476
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 2

That's exactly it, a 'fan forum'. No ford leaks, nothing legit. Why doesn't this concept just die?

2002 CETA | 2012 Sierra Denali
tim_ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-02-25, 11:48 PM   #9
gmzvip23

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 43
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosM3 View Post
Remove the winch bumper which would never make it to production, slightly rework from the font bumper to production trim, 17 inch wheels with production level tires similar to Raptor, and give it the Ecoboost 2.7.
It's 50-50 shot on the winch,ram power wagon comes with it and people buy them.

I think ford will have a shot if they took something like this or similar to this and made it a small but not too small, maybe like the original bronco. Not big like OJ Simpson style it could compete with jeep.
Unread 2016-02-26, 09:47 AM   #10
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzvip23 View Post

I think ford will have a shot if they took something like this or similar to this and made it a small but not too small, maybe like the original bronco. Not big like OJ Simpson style it could compete with jeep.
I could see a winch bumper as an option.

I was going to say the same thing, make it slightly larger than a Jeep Wrangler... but smaller than an F150.
Unread 2016-02-26, 10:05 AM   #11
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_ws6 View Post
That's exactly it, a 'fan forum'. No ford leaks, nothing legit. Why doesn't this concept just die?

due to increase in talks of a new Ranger have also lumped talks of a Bronco http://kcsr.org/showthread.php?t=163...ghlight=Bronco

Unread 2016-02-26, 10:56 AM   #12
Brick.

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 52
Likes (Given): 103
Likes (Received): 472
Dislikes (Given): 14
Dislikes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzvip23 View Post

Exactly. Make it the size of the Wrangler, offer a 2 and 4-door version, and profit.

Previous: 2008 535xiT, 2005 CTS-V, 1999 Corvette, 2005 Saab 9-2x
Brick. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-02-26, 11:16 AM   #13
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

like this?

(Ford bought this co a few years ago the rumors really started to pick up then)

Unread 2016-02-26, 11:28 AM   #14
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
like this?

(Ford bought this co a few years ago the rumors really started to pick up then)
Looks too much like a Jeep.

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-02-26, 12:12 PM   #15
maynardDRIVESfast

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 40
Thanks (Received): 44
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 269
Dislikes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Looks too much like a Jeep.
Yeah. Kinda like a cj had sex with an fj.
Unread 2016-10-04, 09:03 PM   #16
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Prediction: The 'New Ford Bronco' Isn't A Bronco At All

The fantastical imaginary “new Bronco” render everybody is optimistically excited about. (Image via Bronco6g.com)
Last week United Auto Workers union chairman Bill Johnson told The Detroit Free Press that a Ranger and Bronco would soon be made in Michigan. As a result, folks got all riled up over the idea of a hypothetical retro-futuristic off-roader. I think you’re all going to be disappointed.

While the Ranger hasn’t been with us here in America since 2012, the compact pickup truck has been going strong in just about every other country ever since. And it already has a platform-partner SUV. And it is definitely not the hardcore Jeep-style 4x4 enthusiasts have been passing optimistic renders of.

The Ford Everest, as sold in Australia. Well, I put the decorative license plate on it. (Image via Ford)
America, meet (what I think will be) your “new Ford Bronco.”

Some international readers may recognize that broad-faced four door 4x4 as the Ford Everest. And that is exactly what it is.
The Australia-designed Everest is close to an Explorer in size but more truck-like in personality thanks to simplistic body-on-frame construction. Despite kind of looking like a crossover it’s actually supposed to be okay off-road, and even has a terrain-response traction control system not totally unlike what we’ll soon get in the 2017 Ford Raptor.

The body style as seen in these pictures was introduced in 2015 along with the current Ranger, and the family resemblance is pretty easy to assess. The Everest is effectively a crew-cab Ranger with a cap. That said, both vehicles will probably be up for a refresh by the time they “come to America” if that’s really how things shake out, but they have been a bonded pair like this through a few generations now.

Over a decade later and this idea still looks damn good, frankly.
I guess it’s not impossible to imagine that Ford would get the guts to build something wacky like the “new Bronco concept” we met in 2004. After all, the company went out on a little bit of a limb in 2009 with the F-150 Raptor and ended up building a dynasty.

But its seems far more likely the company would rather build a vehicle people would actually buy. Especially when Ford wouldn’t have to start from scratch to get it.

Come on, it’s not that bad!
Let’s say Ford builds a true Jeep Wrangler rival. Not only would the company have to engineer a genuinely capable off-road vehicle from the ground up, which would be tough make to conform to regulatory guidelines and consumer’s standards for comfort while still being legit, but its only competitor would be one of the biggest powerhouses in the U.S. auto market. (The Wrangler, of course.)

And before you posit that “nobody’s tried to make a real off-roady Wrangler rival” I submit the Toyota FJ Cruiser (RIP) Nissan Xterra (RIP) and Hummer (see what I mean?)
With Jeep selling some 15,000 Wranglers a month I agree that there is an anomalous demand for charming, objectively bad vehicles.
But I do not think there are enough people who aren’t buying a Wrangler because it’s not a Ford Bronco combined with Wrangler people who would jump ship to justify a copycat vehicle.

And to play in this space the Bronco absolutely would have to be as close to a direct Wrangler ripoff as possible– convertible, removable doors, solid axles, the whole package or it’s just going to fall into another valley of irrelevance.
Unless it’s a vehicle that people actually want. Like the Everest.

Like an Escape with low range.
This scenario makes a lot more sense from where I’m standing: the “Bronco” badge brings dad into the dealership, the fact that it’s on a vehicle people can actually fit in gets the ok from mom. Or whoever does the accounting in your family.

And while the Everest is pleasant and practical, it’s got just enough off-road chops for the marketing team to call it a Bronco without cringing too hard.
The current Everest has 9 inches of ground clearance, a reasonably impressive 29 degree approach, 25 degree departing, 21 degree ramp-breakover angle and over two-and-a-half feet of water-wading depth. With a diesel engine, at least. Still.
The 4WD system has a legitimate low range, electronically locking differential, hill descent control plus specific traction control settings for snow, sand and rocky terrain.

Point is, with a decent set of tires, I’m sure you could get further off-road than most people take their Wranglers anyway.
I can’t see a better cost to likely-result situation than using the Everest as the American-market Bronco. Especially if the Ranger is supposed to be coming from the same facility. But what do I know? I’m just a nerd making suggestions for billion-dollar corporations from a borrowed computer on my couch.
But seriously, I bet the Bronco will be the Everest. Besides, we’ve already spotted the things stateside!

Unread 2016-10-05, 08:03 AM   #17
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like

It may be based on the Everest but I'm willing to bet the styling is closer to the fan renders...
Unread 2016-10-05, 08:24 AM   #18
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 689
Likes (Given): 341
Likes (Received): 3959
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

If it's the everest....RIP bronco.
Unread 2016-10-05, 08:28 AM   #19
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 207
Thanks (Received): 252
Likes (Given): 2471
Likes (Received): 1665
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47

I'd looove to see the render, but it's not really based on reality.

I am cool with them bringing the Everest over, I think it would sell well. Just don't use the Bronco name on it.
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-10-05, 09:00 AM   #20
TAILWAG

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 199
Thanks (Received): 128
Likes (Given): 355
Likes (Received): 777
Dislikes (Given): 29
Dislikes (Received): 10

everest looks like poo
TAILWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-10-05, 09:27 AM   #21
69Mach351

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 262
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 1792
Likes (Received): 1701
Dislikes (Given): 37
Dislikes (Received): 44

I like the "Bronco" better. I would like it even more if they offered a 'vert version. The everest is fine for what it is. I like to see a more manly SUV in the lineup (compared to what we get now). That said, it isn't as cool as the bronco.

One thing that would help the Bronco a lot, would be a half door, even if on one side. It would make it a lot more usable for a family.
69Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-08, 11:16 PM   #22
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

#NAIAS: EXCLUSIVE! SAY WHAT? Ford To Reveal BRONCO On Monday But NOT In Detroit At Cobo?

Well, that didn't take too long.

There are some seriously big rumors swirling around The Motor City this morning and we have to say, this one is HOT off the presses.

Let us clue you in.

According to what we're hearing on the street, word is that the all-new Ford Bronco is going to make it debut tomorrow. There's just one catch: It will NOT be happening in Detroit at the Cobo Center. We're hearing that a select few will be taking a trip to Dearborn during day one to see the all-new Bronco.

We'll keep you abreast of the latest and greatest news coming from Detroit. Keep your browsers locked into AutoSpies.com for the latest!

Unread 2017-01-09, 11:36 AM   #23
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
#NAIAS: EXCLUSIVE! SAY WHAT? Ford To Reveal BRONCO On Monday But NOT In Detroit At Cobo?

Well, that didn't take too long.

There are some seriously big rumors swirling around The Motor City this morning and we have to say, this one is HOT off the presses.

Let us clue you in.

According to what we're hearing on the street, word is that the all-new Ford Bronco is going to make it debut tomorrow. There's just one catch: It will NOT be happening in Detroit at the Cobo Center. We're hearing that a select few will be taking a trip to Dearborn during day one to see the all-new Bronco.

We'll keep you abreast of the latest and greatest news coming from Detroit. Keep your browsers locked into AutoSpies.com for the latest!

Apparently it's arriving 2020 and nothing was shown... Ranger arrives 2019.
Unread 2017-01-09, 06:57 PM   #24
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Ford finally confirms return of Bronco, Ranger

Ford Bronco logo, 2017 Detroit auto show
Enlarge Photo
The Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] Bronco is back—or at least it will be back in just a few years.
Ford confirmed on Monday at the 2017 Detroit auto show that it will revive the iconic Bronco nameplate in 2020 for a global mid-size SUV. Additionally, the automaker confirmed that a version of the Ranger mid-size pickup truck sold globally will return to the United States in 2019. That's a year later than we had last heard. The two vehicles will be twins under the skin.
What Ford didn't do is actually show us either the new Ford Bronco or the new Ford Ranger.
Ford did promise that the Bronco will be a true four-wheel-drive vehicle with a decidedly off-road focus. It's possible that it may be a version of the next-generation Ford Everest sold globally, the current version of which is shown here. Rumors about the Bronco have persisted for years and it's expected that some of its development will be completed in Australia. (Ford's Aussie outpost is responsible for global development of the Ranger, thus it makes sense the team also handles some Bronco development.)
2016 Ford Everest
Enlarge Photo
What we do know is that the bucking bronco logo will return. The Bronco nameplate was introduced back in 1966 but was killed off in 1996.
The Ranger, meanwhile, will likely be an American version of the pickup sold globally. By 2019, that model is due for a refresh, so it's likely that the American version will be different than the one currently assembled in Thailand, among other places.
Both the Bronco and Ranger will be built at Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan. That facility currently builds the automaker's Focus and C-Max compact vehicles. Production of the Focus will move to Mexico, but it's not clear just what will happen to the slow-selling C-Max. A fully electric crossover will be built in nearby Flat Rock, Michigan, which could spell the end of the line for the C-Max.
For more from the Detroit auto show, head to our dedicated hub.

Unread 2017-01-11, 10:28 AM   #25
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

annnnddddd Ford fails on design.