Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Pets, Animals, Nature

Unread 2014-08-28, 08:56 PM   #1
LTe

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 105
Thanks (Received): 55
Likes (Given): 819
Likes (Received): 287
Dislikes (Given): 23
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default Free rabbit to good home or shelter?

So this guy right here is named Marshall. He is a good rabbit and about 2 years old, However I need to find a home or a shelter for him to go to. I'm not sure who would take a rabbit in. I refuse to take him to animal/aquarium store at the great mall as they don't feed the rabbits much and they are all just thrown in a bin. I feel bad about getting rid of him but I have to due to life circumstances which I really don't want to get into.

I'm hoping that someone here will like to have him. He is healthy and super soft fur.

He is cage trained and doesn't poop around the house if you let him run around as long as he has access to his cage. He will come with a cage that is 4 feet long and 2 feet wide. He will also come with a pet carrier to take him in the vehicle and a leash that goes around his shoulders if you want to walk him outside. He doesn't chew on wires or other stuff in a house.

The 2nd image shows him stretches out by the heater gate, that heater grate is about 12-14 inches long. He is a medium (normal) sized rabbit.

Unread 2014-08-28, 09:14 PM   #2
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 689
Likes (Given): 339
Likes (Received): 3951
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

Does he shed/bite? Do you know how he is with kids?
Unread 2014-08-28, 09:42 PM   #3
LTe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
Does he shed/bite? Do you know how he is with kids?
He doesn't really shed. I don't know his exact breed but once a year he will have some fur shed but it's very minimal which comes out with an animal fur brush. He does not shed fur loosely around a house. I got him because he doesnt shed like regular animals. I am a very clean person with a very clean house and there is never any fur anywhere in my house. I like cats and dogs but I won't get either because they shed and I hate animal fur, animal fur around a house kind of grosses me out so that's why we bought a rabbit. We also got him because our son isn't allergic to rabbits.

He doesn't bite. He is not aggressive. His personality reminds me of a cat. He is fine by himself. Sometimes I call his name in a high pitch and he will chase me around to play, other times he will just plop next to the heater grate and enjoy the air conditioning.

He is good with kids as long they don't handle him rough. But all animals do not like being handled rough. I pick him up and so does my stepson who is 13 and he doesn't mind being held/curled up in a ball. I think he kind of likes it cause I will rub between his ears and curl him up and hold him like a baby. Our 8 yr old boy doesn't know how to hold him so he only feeds him.

Basically treat him nice and he will interact with you. If your mean to him he will hide in his cubby in his cage.

The only time I have to put him away is when I'm eating dinner as he will smell what I have and come try to mooch off me and tug on my shirt or pants to give him some food.

I only really feed him Timothy hay but I do give him healthy snacks such as apple slices & various vegetables & greens. He loves popcorn but I only found that out because he stole my bag of popcorn once when I wasn't looking and I had to take it back. He cannot eat apple seeds, it's not good for rabbits, same with chocolate. I don't feed him rabbit food from the stores as it's not really healthy for them.

Last edited by LTe; 2014-08-28 at 10:00 PM..
LTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-28, 09:49 PM   #4
LTe

Post Thanks / Like

I will not give him to anyone who will hurt or kill him. I hope he goes to a good home.

There isn't a problem with him but it's a family reason why he needs a new home.

He is very easy to care for and low maintence. I do not use cat litter for his cage, I use "yesterday's news" from petco.

Last edited by LTe; 2014-08-28 at 09:54 PM..
LTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-28, 10:21 PM   #5
TAILWAG

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 198
Thanks (Received): 127
Likes (Given): 352
Likes (Received): 771
Dislikes (Given): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTe View Post
He doesn't really shed. I don't know his exact breed but once a year he will have some fur shed but it's very minimal which comes out with an animal fur brush. He does not shed fur loosely around a house. I got him because he doesnt shed like regular animals. I am a very clean person with a very clean house and there is never any fur anywhere in my house. I like cats and dogs but I won't get either because they shed and I hate animal fur, animal fur around a house kind of grosses me out so that's why we bought a rabbit. We also got him because our son isn't allergic to rabbits.

He doesn't bite. He is not aggressive. His personality reminds me of a cat. He is fine by himself. Sometimes I call his name in a high pitch and he will chase me around to play, other times he will just plop next to the heater grate and enjoy the air conditioning.

He is good with kids as long they don't handle him rough. But all animals do not like being handled rough. I pick him up and so does my stepson who is 13 and he doesn't mind being held/curled up in a ball. I think he kind of likes it cause I will rub between his ears and curl him up and hold him like a baby. Our 8 yr old boy doesn't know how to hold him so he only feeds him.

Basically treat him nice and he will interact with you. If your mean to him he will hide in his cubby in his cage.

The only time I have to put him away is when I'm eating dinner as he will smell what I have and come try to mooch off me and tug on my shirt or pants to give him some food.

I only really feed him Timothy hay but I do give him healthy snacks such as apple slices & various vegetables & greens. He loves popcorn but I only found that out because he stole my bag of popcorn once when I wasn't looking and I had to take it back. He cannot eat apple seeds, it's not good for rabbits, same with chocolate. I don't feed him rabbit food from the stores as it's not really healthy for them.
Sounds spoiled.

Hope you find him a good home.
TAILWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-31, 10:05 AM   #6
LTe

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone?
Unread 2014-08-31, 03:59 PM   #7
MymonteSS

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 119
Dislikes (Given): 21
Dislikes (Received): 1

I've got a guy who takes care of 2 bunnies already, if I could get your info, he could take him in or know of a good place to take him to. He's a bunny master.

My girlfriend also mentioned that Wayside, and Great Plains SPCA takes bunnies. Both no kill shelters. She recommends wayside over SPCA

Last edited by MymonteSS; 2014-08-31 at 04:02 PM..
MymonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-31, 04:06 PM   #8
xXSTi-lynXx

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 212
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1180
Likes (Received): 988
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81

If above plans fall through you can take him to Aquariums Wholesale, Pat, the owner is a good guy, he won't fee him to snakes or anything. He will find it a home.

Also, funny you mention the thing about apple seeds, I just found out the other day if a human were to consume 1/4 cup of apple seeds, the would likely die as the seeds contain cyanide.

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
xXSTi-lynXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-31, 09:08 PM   #9
LTe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSTi-lynXx View Post
If above plans fall through you can take him to Aquariums Wholesale, Pat, the owner is a good guy, he won't fee him to snakes or anything. He will find it a home.

Also, funny you mention the thing about apple seeds, I just found out the other day if a human were to consume 1/4 cup of apple seeds, the would likely die as the seeds contain cyanide.
That is the place where i didn't want to take him to. I bought him from there and he was ultra skinny and his fur was course. Now he is healthy and soft. A friend of mine used to work part time for them and they don't really feed much to the rabbits as they all fight for the same food and water. I myself have seen 1 dead rabbit in the cage and another rabbit die slowly while I told them about it and the workers didn't seem to care and when I went back the next day the rabbit was wabbling around and finally collapsed, I told them again and then the worker finally took him out after I had 6 kids ask my why if the rabbit was dead and what happened to it. They put a lot of time into the fish and other animals but the rabbits seem to get the short end of the stick. Maybe the owner is a good guy but some of the workers don't seem to care much.

As far the seeds, yea the cyanide is what kills the rabbits, a little bit in a core won't hurt but a lot will. I just cut out the core and give him the rest as a once a week treat. Don't want to give him too much fruits as the too much of juices will make them have liquidy stools.