Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2017-01-31, 01:19 PM   #151
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

1957 and May 89 for the R32, the R32 GTR was '88

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Keboh liked this post
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-31, 01:19 PM   #152
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 202
Thanks (Received): 245
Likes (Given): 2438
Likes (Received): 1631
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 46

I wish I could get my hands on a c10 GTR. So hawwtttttt
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-31, 02:35 PM   #153
bimmertech

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 42
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 207
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post

ask the legal Skyline owners what the GTR did to their value (iirc it tanked it)
It has since rebounded and r32 prices now are on a steady climb.

A better comparo would be the nsx as both came in lhd/rhd and imported new. The nsx market has remained strong and rhd nsx's have matched the lhd prices. The supra will not fall in price.

C10 gtr's are hot shit.
Unread 2017-02-13, 10:57 AM   #154
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

"Official"

Toyota Supra name confirmed with brochure scan, specs revealed

What appears to be a scan of an official brochure for the highly-anticipated Toyota Supra has surfaced online, giving us a sneak peek of the front end and confirming some details.

The brochure scan was first published by Russian website Auto.Blog.rs, and it confirms there will be three engine options available, at least in some market regions.

Kicking off the range is a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol four-cylinder producing 141kW and 320Nm, followed up by a 185kW and 400Nm tune. At the top of the range is a 3.0-litre inline six turbo producing 250kW and 450Nm.

We already know Toyota and BMW have teamed up to produce the next-gen sports cars, with BMW set to use the same platform for its next-gen roadster known as the Z5. Up until now, Toyota was yet to confirm the ‘Supra’ name, but, if this brochure is official, the name will indeed be revived.
Just glancing at these figures we can see these are very similar to a range of BMW engines. In the 320i, for example, a 2.0-litre turbo develops 135kW, with the 330i producing 185kW. The 340i, meanwhile, generates 240kW from a 3.0L turbo inline six.
Interestingly, there is no mention of a hybrid option. It was heavily speculated but strongly believed Toyota would be utilizing its extensive hybrid technology for the new sports car.
Also confirmed in the scan are some external dimensions. It measures 4380mm in length, 1830mm in width, and stands just 1280mm tall. For comparison, the Toyota 86 respective measurements are: 4240mm, 1775mm, and 1320mm tall.
We suspect more details will be revealed very soon, especially if this brochure is legitimate. The last we heard Toyota was planning to unveil a concept version at the Tokyo motor show in October.

Unread 2017-02-13, 12:51 PM   #155
Wallace

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 113
Likes (Given): 252
Likes (Received): 895
Dislikes (Given): 9
Dislikes (Received): 21

Damn. Was really hoping for this to be near 400 HP for the top of the line car.
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-02-13, 01:46 PM   #156
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
Damn. Was really hoping for this to be near 400 HP for the top of the line car.
I guess it all depends on the market/level they are aiming for ..maybe the aftermarket will help

dang it is only 335 HP

Last edited by JDLM; 2017-02-13 at 01:54 PM..
Unread 2017-02-13, 01:57 PM   #157
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

looks like it is being outdated as completely fake

This 2018 Toyota Supra Brochure Is A Big Fake

http://jalopnik.com/this-2018-toyota...ake-1792295418

Unread 2017-02-13, 02:03 PM   #158
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I guess it all depends on the market/level they are aiming for ..maybe the aftermarket will help

dang it is only 335 HP
The HP offerings range from less than the last generation's HP (at the entry level) to basically the same HP as last generation (at highest trim). Most sports cars (since 1993) have doubled their power output, at least. Questionable decision by Toyota, to say the least.
Unread 2017-02-13, 02:04 PM   #159
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
The HP offerings range from less than the last generation's HP (at the entry level) to basically the same HP as last generation (at highest trim). Most sports cars (since 1993) have doubled their power output, at least. Questionable decision by Toyota, to say the least.
yeah the 2nd article just kind of blew this "brochure" out of the water...waiting game continues I guess

Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Keboh thanked for this post
Unread 2017-02-13, 03:20 PM   #160
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 910
Thanks (Received): 330
Likes (Given): 6276
Likes (Received): 2704
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 129

Quote:
This to a t.

This thing is going to be a colossal failure, guaranteed. It's going to be expensive as F, and slow compared to its other offerings at that price point.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-02-13, 04:09 PM   #161
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
This to a t.

This thing is going to be a colossal failure, guaranteed. It's going to be expensive as F, and slow compared to its other offerings at that price point.

Seems at this point in time what it would be going up against..I can't think of any other "larger" 2 door cars ...outside of Maserati.

Unread 2017-02-13, 04:20 PM   #162
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 910
Thanks (Received): 330
Likes (Given): 6276
Likes (Received): 2704
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 129

Quote:
Seems at this point in time what it would be going up against..I can't think of any other "larger" 2 door cars ...outside of Maserati.
The price is going to kill it, that's more my point. What is the competition here? At 335 hp, it should be around $30k. I mean it makes more sense to compete against a camaro or mustang, imo.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-02-13, 04:23 PM   #163
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
The price is going to kill it, that's more my point. What is the competition here? At 335 hp, it should be around $30k. I mean it makes more sense to compete against a camaro or mustang, imo.
I wouldn't take what the brochure says as gospel for HP rating since it seems to be seated deep into rumor and speculation.

Unread 2017-02-20, 03:29 PM   #164
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

SPIED: All-New Spy Shots Of The Upcoming Toyota Supra — Is Your Heart Racing Yet?

One of the coolest concept vehicles I've seen in recent memory was the Toyota FT-1.

Everything about the FT-1 just spoke to me.

All of the little details, all of the little touches and its overall design just made me weak in the knees. I wasn't the only one, either. Agent 001 was smitten as well.

I think you sort of have to be if you have a soul. The car just dripped sex, for a lack of a better word.

It seems pretty clear that this is the all-new, next-generation Toyota Supra. We can't think of a better way to bring back the Supra nameplate. People have been asking about when we'd see another one and it's clearer now than ever it's on the way.

Spied taking part in some developmental testing, it's still wrapped up pretty tight but there are some all-new details I am seeing for the first time. Namely:
  • Double bubble roof a la the Dodge SRT Viper
  • Integrated rear taillights that look like they're production spec rather than dummy units for testing purposes
  • Am I seeing an air curtain vent low down behind the front wheels?
  • Xenon headlights? Where's the LEDs, man?
  • Are those the standard BMW M3 18" wheels? Looks like it...

**See the FULL collection of Toyota Supra spy shots by clicking "Read Article" below!

Read Article

Article is in German so may have to translate

Unread 2017-02-21, 12:31 PM   #165
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

The BMW Z5 looks great with its top down, even in the middle of winter

Props to the BMW seat warmers.

The upcoming BMW Z5 and Toyota Supra twins have been making more and more appearances of late, which most likely means the end of development is drawing near. Though there have been plenty of photos of the cars in both sunshine and snow, until now we haven't seen pictures of the BMW with its new convertible soft top down.

This gives us a very good look at the top-down profile. The Z5's new soft top replaces the retractable hardtop on the outgoing, second-generation BMW Z4. Aside from giving the car a more classic look, the new top appears far more compact than the last Z4's roof when closed. And there's a very good chance it and its mechanism weigh less than the Z4's hard roof.

The Z5's mustachioed driver is apparently not bothered by the cold, as our spy photographer reported a temperature of 7 degrees Fahrenheit in this particular part of Sweden. Count a win for BMW seat warmers, and if this guy is lucky the new car has BMW's in-seat neck warmers sending warm air to his shoulders.

We still don't have a date for either car's full reveal, but the factory line that will produce the Z5 and the Toyota Supra has been on hold for months in preparation. Don't expect to wait too much longer to see the fruits of this Japanese-German joint venture.

Unread 2017-02-21, 02:53 PM   #166
TheRoach

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 29
Thanks (Received): 34
Likes (Given): 76
Likes (Received): 163
Dislikes (Given): 30
Dislikes (Received): 41

Looks a lot like a BMW....
Unread 2017-02-21, 03:38 PM   #167
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoach View Post
Looks a lot like a BMW....
Weird....
Unread 2017-02-21, 08:50 PM   #168
maynardDRIVESfast

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 40
Thanks (Received): 43
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 269
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 3

Quote:
Weird....
Lol
Unread 2017-02-21, 09:59 PM   #169
TheRoach

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 29
Thanks (Received): 34
Likes (Given): 76
Likes (Received): 163
Dislikes (Given): 30
Dislikes (Received): 41

..... I need some sleep.....
Unread 2017-03-29, 09:32 AM   #170
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Toyota files patent for more durable electric supercharger, filing hints at hybrid Supra

Has Toyota started the production of a new electric supercharger? Well, a patent that was recently published indicated that they might have. And this electric supercharger looks more durable and more practical to assemble.

The illustrations are very technical that not everyone would understand if it were presented to them. But it basically involves the assembly of the bearing that helps the turbo spin. Instead of the usual plate springs, the company will be using a coil spring, which applies a more consistent pressure. Not only will this making building easier, the coil spring also gives more durability and a better performance especially when revolving at very high speeds.
The newly published patent hints that Toyota, is not just looking into electric superchargers, but is now studying them and learning how these things work. Also, the company’s engineers are considering how they can build parts better, meaning that they must have gone through enough development to make a decision like this.
The United Stated Patent and Trademark Office published this patent on March 22, 2017, though the company had filed this almost two years ago, on May 8, 2015 to be exact. We should be expecting this technology soon enough in Toyota’s newer production vehicles, knowing that they have had access to this for quite some time now.
There have been rumors that the next-generation Supra will be one of the first vehicles to benefit from electric supercharging, as there might be a hybrid variant of the sports coupe when it is launched. Furthermore, a source from the company itself confirms that their engineers are helping them work on a turbocharged electric engine. However, he did not specify if this will be for the 2018 Supra. But then, this patent could apply to the Supra’s hybrid powertrain.
There have been a lot of news going around regarding the 2018 Supra. In fact, the two-seater coupe, was recently spotted at a gas station in Germany. Unfortunately, it came with a camouflaged body, which had extra panels fixed here and there, so we still do not know how the final version of the prototype looks like. If rumors are true, the Supra will be displayed at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show this October.
But take note, Toyota is not alone in this. Audi’s latest SQ7 TDI also promises the same use of electric supercharging as it boasts a 4.0-liter V8 diesel engine that can yield up to 429 horsepower (320 kilowatts) and 663.8 pound-feet torque (900 newton metres). From a standstill, the crossover can drive up to 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) at only 4.8 seconds.

Unread 2017-05-31, 03:26 PM   #171
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BMW Z4 Concept to preview next-gen model at Pebble Beach

Future model will retain Z4 moniker instead of adopting Z5 name, as previously rumoured

• Camera
    Hasselblad H4D-50

Focal Length
    50mm

Aperture
    f/11

Exposure
    64s

ISO

The next BMW Z4, as imagined by Autocar

BMW will offer an early glimpse of its next Z4 roadster with the Z4 Concept, which will be shown at the upcoming Pebble Beach Concourse d’Elegance this August.
The new open-top concept, currently in the final stage of construction, has been conceived to preview to the new third-generation Z4, which is planned to go on sale in late 2018 as part of what BMW’s head of sales and marketing, Ian Robertson, describes as the most comprehensive new model push.
The 2017 Pebble Beach Concourse d’Elegance kicks off on 16 August and runs through to 20 August.
Codenamed G29, the new 2019-model-year Z4 is being developed in a joint engineering program between BMW and Toyota, which will sell a coupé version as the Supra.
The two cars, which have been seen testing in development form on public roads for several months, will be produced alongside one-another at Magna in Austria.
BMW is said to have retained the Z4 name for its future model, rather than using Z5 as previously rumoured, because Z5 won’t fit with its naming structure, which uses even numbers for performance models.
This is backed up by internal correspondence relating to the G29 project, which all refer to the car as the Z4.
The production Z4 will arrive three months after the new 8 Series, which is due in 2018 and is previewed by the Concept 8 Series.

Unread 2017-06-05, 07:23 PM   #172
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2017 BMW Z4: exclusive images and spyshots show more of new Roadster

BMW's new Z4 convertible is being developed alongside new Toyota Supra, and is shaping up nicely ahead of reveal later this year

The next BMW Z4 is set to arrive at the end of this year, and our exclusive images show how the new two-seat roadster could look. It has already been spotted testing on multiple occasions, with the most recent spyshots showing it winter testing with a slightly more revealing disguise compared to earlier mules lapping the Nurburgring.
The new Z4 Roadster will replace the ageing second-generation model, in production since 2009, and be a fresh rival for the likes of the Porsche 718 Boxster, as well as a reborn Toyota Supra currently being developed in parallel and set to use the same platform.

Our exclusive images shows how the new car will ditch the current Z4's heavy metal folding roof for a lighter, more traditional fabric hood. This could mean it's being aimed more towards the Porsche 718 Boxster and away from softer, more refined cars like the Mercedes SLC. The soft-top will gain a rear window for production.

An insider told us that “this car will use the same lightweight body construction as the i3 and i8. And even with that type of construction, you can expect a price around the same as that of the current Z4."
The familiar set-back cabin, pert rear-end and long bonnet remain on the new model and the kidney grille looks to be larger than ever.
Mounted behind the front axle will be a range of BMW’s ‘TwinPower’ turbo petrol engines which will be offered in both four and six-cylinder forms. Expect at least 200bhp from base models, with top-end turbocharged straight-six variants nudging 300bhp. As before, all cars will be rear-wheel drive.
The Z4 will also use the same rear axle design as the M3 and M4, and it’s likely that a full M version will follow within a year, possibly using the M2’s 365bhp 3.0-litre straight-six.

The Z4 also provides a base for Toyota’s new super-coupe. Rumours suggest it will bring back the iconic 'Supra' name, though unlike the Z4 Roadster it'll be a hard-top coupe, influenced by the FT-1 concept from 2014.
The Toyota version has potential to receive a plug-in hybrid model, with electric motors boosting output instead of a turbocharger.

Unread 2017-06-06, 10:25 AM   #173
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Toyota Supra to get automatic gearbox and BMW electronics

Latest shots show Supra's look both inside and out; it'll share its underpinnings and gearbox with the upcoming BMW Z4

The hotly anticipated Toyota Supra will have an automatic gearbox and BMW electronics, as shown by a new sighting of a development car's interior.
Photographed testing at the Nürburgring, the two-seater model, which is twinned with the next BMW Z4, features BMW switchgear, including a dash-top infotainment system and accompanying rotary dial controller on the central tunnel, as well as BMW heating control buttons and a BMW automatic gearlever.
The Supra is expected to share its automatic gearbox with the BMW, albeit with different ratios, while also incorporating the same hybrid four-wheel drive set-up, comprised of a BMW petrol engine mated to electric motors with energy stored in supercapacitors - which will have technical links to the ones used in Toyota’s TS030 Hybrid Le Mans car.

Toyota has refrained from revealing any details about its new coupé, telling Autocar: "We don't comment on future products". However,ut sources claim that the car's use of a hybrid set-up means it will likely be offered exclusively with an automatic gearbox.
Design influence for the model comes from the FT-1 concept of the 2014 Detroit motor show. The Supra will be built on the same platform as the upcoming Z4, which will use BMW’s carbonfibre architecture from its current i3, i8 and 7 Series. However, unlike the convertible Z4, the Supra will only be available as a coupé.

Predicted to arrive in 2018, shortly after its Z4 counterpart, the new Supra is the long-awaited successor to Toyota’s discontinued coupé, production of which ended in 2002.
The new Supra will sit above the GT86 in Toyota’s line-up, making it the Japanese brand’s flagship sports car. It will also be considerably more expensive than the GT86, which is priced from Ł26,855, due to the Supra's advanced powertrain and construction.
Toyota first demonstrated the performance potential of a hybrid model back in 2013 with the Yaris Hybrid-R concept car, which used a 414bhp set-up comprising a 1.6-litre four-cylinder petrol engine and an electric motor on each rear wheel.

Unread 2017-06-07, 01:16 PM   #174
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Toyota Supra to return with automatic-only hybrid powertrain?

An unconfirmed report suggests Toyota will use the same gearbox found in the next-gen Z4, but with different gear ratios.
Toyota's oft-rumored Supra revival may not be available with a manual gearbox.
The resurrected Supra is expected to use the same automatic gearbox as its BMW sibling, the next-gen Z4, though the brands will likely employ different gear ratios, according to an Autocar report.
Both the Z4 and Supra are believed to be powered by a hybrid all-wheel-drive system, potentially powered by unique racing-inspired supercapacitors rather than traditional lithium-ion batteries. The technology is well suited to sports cars, delivering high instantaneous power while minimizing weight.
Sporting extensive camouflage, Supra development prototypes have been spotted by spy photographers during testing. Final styling will likely draw from the FT-1 concept that first appeared at the Detroit auto show in 2014.

Unread 2017-07-10, 09:18 AM   #175
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Some Lucky Bastard Is Already Driving The New Supra To The Best Roads

(Image Credits: Dale L.)
Concepts, renders and spy shots of the fabled 2018 Toyota Supra get us more excited than ants drowning in Mountain Dew. But this picture, of a test pilot taking what is almost certainly a new Supra prototype toward the beautiful Pacific Coast Highway, is enough to make anyone jealous.
All we really know about the upcoming Toyota sports car is that it’s been co-developed with BMW and is going to bow in earnest... eventually. Heck, Toyota has not even confirmed it will be called “Supra.”

But whenever it takes a name and takes off the camo, I’ll be waiting to rub my palms together and then rub my grubby mitts all over this beauty. I’m just envious of the people who don’t have to wait.

These photos, which were sent in courtesy of a reader (thanks again, Dale), don’t seem to show any significant details beyond what we’ve seen in other spy shots but we can see two fairly fat exhaust tips and red brake calipers. Those doors seem to have a major upswing though, don’t they? They’re almost Aston Martin-esque.

I like the way this thing is shaping up, though. Looks pretty close to the FT-1 concept and I think we can all live with that

Tags
2018, bmw z4, re-birth, toyota supra