Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2014-10-13, 07:45 PM   #76
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BMW's upcoming M2 will reportedly be significantly more powerful than the current M235i and the retired 1-Series M Coupe.

The M division may have squeezed as much as 374 horsepower and 384 lb-ft of torque out of the 3.0-liter turbocharged straight-six, unnamed sources have told Auto Bild in a report spotted by BMW Blog.

If true, the tuning will add more than 50 ponies and as many lb-ft of twist to the M235i configuration. Previous rumors have varied, some as low as 360 horsepower and as high as 400.

The M2 is expected to borrow several pieces of technology from its larger cousins, the M3 and M4, including the steering system, brakes and active M differential, but with a price tag around $55,000.

Rumors suggest the new M car will begin production late in 2015, with market arrival in 2016.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-12-13, 10:27 PM   #77
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BMW 2-Series Coupe receives 1.5-liter 3-cylinder engine, xDrive for 220d

BMW 2-Series Coupe

Four new trim levels also added

BMW has introduced a series of improvements for the 2-Series Coupe model.
First, the company has added a 1.5-liter 3-cylinder petrol unit to the vehicle's engine lineup. Dubbed the 218i, the model has the same engine as the 2-Series Active Tourer, which means it has 136 HP (100 kW) and 220 Nm (162 lb-ft) of torque. When equipped with this power plant, the coupe averages at 5.1 – 5.6 l/100 km or (55 – 50 mpg UK), while the 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) sprint should take no more than 8.8 seconds for the manual and 8.9 for the eight-speed automatic. The top speed is rated at 212 km/h (132 mph).
Besides the new engine, the Bavarian company has revealed the 220d Coupe modification will be available with the xDrive all-wheel-drive system. Until now it was offered only for the range-topping 235i version.
Last but not least, BMW has introduced four new trim levels. The Advantage model features, in addition to the basic equipment, multifunction buttons on the steering wheel, cruise control with braking function, Park Distance Control with sensors at the rear, a storage package and fog lamps. The Sport Line and the Luxury Line levels add new 17-inch light alloy wheels, a light package and ambient light with variable color change function, as well as exclusively designed door sills, seat upholstery, interior trims and car key. The M Sport variants offer 10 mm lower suspension, unique 17-inch rims and an M aerodynamics package with larger air intakes at the front, bespoke side sills and a diffuser at the back.

Unread 2015-01-27, 10:04 AM   #78
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

New BMW M2 Coupé spotted testing

New 400bhp M2 to arrive in late 2015 and be priced from £45,000, with a manual transmission and rear-wheel drive offered as standard

• The new BMW M2 is set to go on sale in the UK in the final quarter of this year
  • The M2 Coupé should cost around £45,000
  • The M2 Coupé has yet to be officially confirmed by BMW
  • The M2 Coupé will offer close to 400bhp
  • The M2 will indirectly replace the old limited-volume 1-series M Coupé
  • New BM2 M2 Coupé spotted testing
  • New BM2 M2 Coupé spotted testing

These are the latest pictures of the upcoming BMW M2, which is due to go on sale towards the end of this year at a price of around £45,000.
BMW's M division is preparing to revive the intrinsic spirit and driving appeal of its original six-cylinder powered M3 with the new racy two-door, which will sit between the existing M235i and the fifth-generation M3 in its line-up. Power for the new model will come from a 370bhp-plus turbocharged 3.0-litre six-cylinder engine.
Its price point will see the new M2 Coupé compete directly with an upgraded version of the Mercedes-AMG A45 and the upcoming second-generation Audi RS3 when it reaches UK showrooms this summer. A public debut for the new BMW in lightly-veiled concept car guise is planned for this year’s Frankfurt motor show in September.
While the new M2 Coupé has yet to be officially confirmed by BMW, new M division boss Frank van Meel has said he would "love to do something" in the same vein as the previous limited-volume 1M Coupé, which the M2 will indirectly replace in the BMW M line-up.
The M2 Coupé will be powered by a turbocharged 3.0-litre in line six-cylinder direct injection petrol engine. It won’t, however, be the powerplant used by the larger and more expensive four-door M3 and its mechanical identical two-door sibling the M4, according to departing M division boss Friedrich Nitschke.
Described as an all-new development, the S57 B30-designated unit is based around the German car maker’s upcoming B57 powerplant that is planned to make its debut in the sixth-generation 7-series later this year - rather than the older N55 engine that forms the basis of the unit that powers the M3 and M4, the so-called S55 B30.
A heavy cloak of secrecy surrounds the new engine, which is also earmarked to power a range of future petrol powered ‘M Performance’ models for BMW M’s subordinate go-faster brand. Nitschke revealed it could develop up to 400bhp in production form, beating the future power output of the four- and five-cylinder engines of the A45 and RS3.
“Four hundred is the magic number,” said the BMW M division boss, referring to the power output of the M2’s new engine. “With forced induction it is no trouble to achieve this, but we have to make sure it doesn’t get too close to the power level of the new M4,” in reference to the engine used by the M2 Coupé’s larger sibling, which delivers 425bhp.
BMW M division insiders say initial prototypes of the M2 Coupé run an engine tune that gives it 375bhp.
Channelling those reserves will be a standard six-speed manual or optional seven-speed dual clutch transmission with remote steering wheel mounted shift paddles – both featuring automatic stop/start and brake energy recuperation alongside a thermal energy recovery function.
Although nothing is official ahead of the new car’s planned unveiling in concept car form, BMW M division sources suggest the new M2 Coupé will be geared for a 0-62mph time of 4.4sec in seven speed dual clutch guise – 0.5sec inside the time quoted for the 335bhp 1M Coupé and 0.2sec slower than the M4. The model's top speed, as with all existing M-cars, will be limited to 155mph in standard guise.
Early examples of the M2 Coupé will be sold exclusively in rear-wheel drive configuration, complete with an electronically controlled limited slip differential that incorporates a torque vectoring function for enhanced traction.
The combination of six-cylinder power and rear-wheel drive is set to provide the new price-leading BMW M car with what Nitschke describes as “a unique selling point” in a market segment he says is “completely dominated by four-cylinder four-wheel drive performance cars”.
Autocar understands BMW’s M division is planning to make a four-wheel drive xDrive option available for the M2 Coupé in selected markets later on as part of a broader sales strategy that will see it offered as an option on all future series production M models.
Further performance-enhancing initiatives include the use of a number of lightweight components aimed at bringing the M2 Coupé’s kerbweight well down below 1530kg to be lighter than the existing M235i. Among them will be a carbonfibre strut brace within the engine bay and composite plastic panels – developments first seen on the new M3 and M4.
Differentiating the new M2 Coupé from the existing M235i Coupé will be uniquely styled front and rear bumpers, front wings, sills, boot lid and standard 19-inch wheels.
The M2 Coupé is planned to be produced on the same production line as the standard 2-series Coupé at BMW’s Leipzig plant in Germany, with the first examples scheduled to land in showrooms during the final quarter of 2015. It will be followed in 2016 by a new M2 Cabriolet.

Unread 2015-01-27, 10:30 AM   #79
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 998
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 63

Ummmmmm......wow.
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-01-27, 02:36 PM   #80
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

Absolutely gorgeous.

Wish they'd have bumped the power up on the M5 and M3/4 so they could put this one at 400. Still though, a single turbo variant of the S55 will be nice and tunable. 450+ tune and e30 is my guess.

Really wish I was still in Germany and could do another deployment to pay for one.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-01-27, 04:00 PM   #81
AUR11

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 31
Likes (Given): 47
Likes (Received): 272
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 9

Wow!
Unread 2015-05-08, 04:24 AM   #82
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Some very interesting news here. This car is shaping up to be pretty damn amazing.

Btw, this person is well respected for having very solid sources. I know this guy personally and he wouldn't make this post unless he was absolutely sure about the info.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1123520

Quote:
BMW M2 (F87) launch colors and latest N55 engine info
COMMENTS

Today is a good M2 news day!! My sources, deep within BMW HQ have told me some very interesting M2 news.

COLORS

The BMW M2 initial color offered when it begins production in November will be:

Alpine White
Black Sapphire metallic
Long Beach Blue metallic
Mineral Grey metallic

I am sure later on in the M2's production, more colors will be added. I would like to hear which color you guys would like (and why), so be sure to vote in the poll above.

So, these are the four colors in which the M2 will be built at SOP. But hey, it's more colors than we got with the 1M! And we ARE getting a BLUE!

ENGINE

I also have some news about the M2 engine.

Again, the engine will be an N55 and it will produce 370 PS (DIN) (= 365 hp) and 465Nm torque (= 343 lb-ft). The engine will also feature an "over boost" of +35Nm (25 lb-ft), in the low to mid range rpms. This is similar to our beloved 1M.

UPDATE May 7th, 2015

INTERIOR

Found out another interesting tidbit today... as some of you already guessed... the interior will only be available in BLACK with BLUE accent stitching. No other interior will be offered. Who says history doesn't repeat itself!

Dackel
Unread 2015-05-08, 10:32 AM   #83
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 998
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 63

Hmmmmm....how much are they thinking this thing will cost? $50K?
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-05-08, 11:52 AM   #84
TAILWAG

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 199
Thanks (Received): 128
Likes (Given): 355
Likes (Received): 777
Dislikes (Given): 29
Dislikes (Received): 10

hmmm...I still like the M1 looks better... : /
TAILWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-05-08, 02:09 PM   #85
Mike V

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 40
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 412
Likes (Received): 401
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
Hmmmmm....how much are they thinking this thing will cost? $50K?
It's easy to option out an M235i north of $50k. I'm afraid the M2 will be in the $60s for the options that I would want.

Saw a M235i on base today. I'd be happy with that, especially since limited slip is an option. Looked great in dark gray.
Mike V is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-05-08, 02:38 PM   #86
Wallace

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 113
Likes (Given): 252
Likes (Received): 895
Dislikes (Given): 9
Dislikes (Received): 21

If its gonna cost as much as an M4, it better have an S55 in it.
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-05-08, 03:52 PM   #87
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

50s starting is what I've been seen as the rumor.

Makes sense considering the M4 is 60s starting.

I'm sure an M2 optioned out will be close to a base M4. That's typical with BMWs and their options system.

This thing might be 3300lbs or less though and a full on M car. Should be amazing.
Unread 2015-06-17, 09:09 AM   #88
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZP5tyZ4z9E

2016 BMW M2 Coupe spy photo / S. Baldauf / SB-Medien

BMW is putting the finishing touches on the highly-anticipated M2 and our spies have recently caught the model on the Nürburgring.
Looking undeniably aggressive, the M2 has a sportier front bumper, aerodynamic side skirts and a four-tailpipe exhaust system. The model also has five-spoke alloy wheels that are backed up by a high-performance braking system.

BMW has been tight-lipped about performance specifications but the car is expected to have a 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder engine that develops 370 PS (272 kW) and 465 Nm (342 lb-ft) of torque - 500 Nm (368 lb-ft) with overboost. This should enable the model to easily outrun the M235i which can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in as little as 4.8 seconds before hitting a limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).

Unread 2015-07-29, 11:30 AM   #89
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2016 BMW M2 confirmed with standard 6-speed manual and optional 7-speed DCT

2016 BMW M2 spy photo / S. Baldauf / SB-Medien

Available exclusively with black 19-inch alloys

A member of the 2addicts forums has managed to acquire the options sheet for the 2016 BMW M2 Coupe which he has on order for a March 2016 delivery.
BMW has decided to please everyone as they are about to offer the new M2 with both the standard six-speed manual gearbox and the optional seven-speed DCT. There aren't a lot of choices in terms of body paint as only the Black Sapphire, Alpine White, Long Beach Blue and Mineral Grey hues are being offered while the interior comes exclusively in black leather combined with blue stitching.
The small high-performance coupe from Bavaria will ride only on black 19-inch alloy wheels and will benefit as standard from Navigation Pro, carbon fiber cabin inserts, rear parking sensors and shadow line in black. At an additional cost, the M2 can be customized with power heated front seats, rearview camera, Harman Kardon sound system, adaptive headlights and Internet access. Those willing to spend more can also order tinted rear windows, one of the two telephone system options along with an extended 5-year warranty.
We still don't know how much power the turbocharged 6-cylinder 3.0-liter engine generates, but latest report indicates it will develop about 370 PS (272 KW) and 465 Nm (500 Nm with overboost). The 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint should take less than four and a half seconds en route to an electronically-capped 155 mph (250 km/h). There's no word just yet about the availability of an optional M Driver's Package to bump that limiter to 170 mph (274 km/h) or so.
All the details will be available in less than two months as the 2016 BMW M2 Coupe is expected to receive its world premiere in mid-September at the Frankfurt Motor Show, but an online reveal could occur by the end of August.

Unread 2015-08-10, 11:38 AM   #90
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Parked 2016 BMW M2 Coupe spied up close in Germany [video]

2016 BMW M2 Coupe

Will have 6-speed manual and optional 7-speed DCT

A near-production prototype of the BMW M2 Coupe has been spotted in a parking lot in Germany.
It was wearing the final specification front bumper with beefier air intakes and breathers while the fuel cap was round whereas the one the M235i is square. Also noticeable are the blue brake calipers, trunk lid spoiler, quad exhaust setup and the 19-inch wheels similar to those on the bigger M4.
We know for sure it will be offered with a standard six-speed manual gearbox and an optional seven-speed DCT, with both teamed up to a six-cylinder, 3.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine pushing out around 370 PS (272 KW) and 465 Nm (500 Nm with overboost). Body hues will be limited to Mineral Grey, Long Beach Blue, Alpine White and Black Sapphire combined with a black leather interior featuring blue stitching.
The BMW M2 Coupe will likely premiere in the weeks to come, so stay tuned for the full scoop.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO2BvkudT4A

Unread 2015-10-13, 08:57 AM   #91
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BMW M2 teased ahead of today’s reveal; could cost $51,000 in United States

BMW M2 teaser

Will have 370 PS (272 kW)

BMW released on Periscope a short teaser for the highly anticipated M2 Coupe set to debut later today.
The wait is finally over as BMW will unveil the first ever M2 tonight at 6 PM (EST) and according to a new report the model will cost $51,000 in United States while a previous rumor suggested a €54,000 starting price in Germany. Yesterday we received yet another confirmation the inline-six 3.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine will develop 370 PS (272 kW), so it should be a very potent machine.
We already know BMW has plans on offering the M2 with a standard 6-speed manual gearbox and an optional 7-speed DCT along with an M Driver's Package that is expected to boost top speed from an electronically-limited 155 mph (250 km/h) to 171 mph (275 km/h). The high-performance coupe will get 19-inch wheels as standard and it will be interesting to see whether that rumor about an optional xDrive setup for select markets will come true.
BMW will offer the M2 only with Mineral Grey, Long Beach Blue, Alpine White and Black Sapphire body colors and a black leather interior cabin with blue stitching. All the cars are getting rear parking sensors, carbon fiber inserts, Navigation Pro and shadow line in black while for more money clients will be able to add a rearview camera, power heated front seats, adaptive headlights, Harman Kardon sound system, Internet access and tinted rear windows.

Unread 2015-10-13, 05:43 PM   #92
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BMW M2 leaked, will have 364 bhp

BMW M2 leaked picture

The highly-anticipated BMW M2 has leaked to the web ahead of its debut later today.
Spotted by Jalopnik in an upcoming issue of Auto Express, the high-performance coupe features an aggressive front fascia, an M-branded grille and front fender vents. The model also has a sportier rear bumper and a four-tailpipe sports exhaust system.
Power is provided by a 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder engine that develops 364 bhp (271 kW) and 465 Nm (342 lb-ft) of torque - 500 Nm (368 lb-ft) with overboost. It can be connected to either a six-speed manual or an optional seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. With the latter gearbox, the car accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 4.3 seconds before hitting a limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).
Full details will be released later today but the article says the car will feature an electronic limited-slip differential and high-performance brakes sourced from the M4. The car will also benefit from additional aluminum components which will enable it to weigh 35 kg (77 lbs) less than the M235i.
The BMW M2 will go on sale in April in the United Kingdom and pricing starts at £44,070.

Unread 2015-10-13, 05:44 PM   #93
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2016 BMW M2 goes official with 365 bhp

2016 BMW M2

BMW has officially unveiled the 2016 M2 Coupe following a leak earlier today.
Set to go on sale in the United States in the spring of 2016, the 1-Series M Coupe successor has an aggressive front bumper which isn't particularly attractive but helps to reduce lift. Besides the new front bumper, the M2 features a revised grille, front fender vents and widened wheel arches. The car also has a new rear bumper and a diffuser which is flanked by a four-tailpipe sports exhaust system. Rounding out the changes are a minimalist rear spoiler and 19-inch forged aluminum wheels with bespoke Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.
The interior largely carries over but the model features Dakota leather sport seats with blue contrast stitching and M logos on the backrests. There's also an M-branded footrest, a leather-wrapped sport steering wheel and knee pads on the center console. Other highlights include M-branded sill plates and carbon fiber trim.
A 3.0-liter M TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder engine resides under the hood and produces 365 bhp (268 kW) and 343 lb-ft (464 Nm) of torque - 369 lb-ft (499 Nm) with overboost. When connected to the standard six-speed manual transmission, the M2 will accelerate from 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds before hitting an electronically-limited top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h). Customers who order the optional seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission might miss changing gears for themselves but they'll be rewarded with a 0-60 mph time of just 4.2 seconds.
Speaking of performance, the M2 features aluminum suspension components and aluminum front and rear axles sourced from the M3 / M4. The model also has an M-tuned electronic power steering system, an Active M Differential and a high-performance braking system with vented and perforated discs as well as four- and two-piston calipers which have a blue metallic finish.

See all 64 photos

Unread 2015-10-13, 06:05 PM   #94
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 402
Thanks (Received): 363
Likes (Given): 4967
Likes (Received): 2124
Dislikes (Given): 121
Dislikes (Received): 174

Gorgeous.
Unread 2015-10-13, 06:17 PM   #95
bimmertech

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 42
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 208
Dislikes (Received): 3

i'm reading a bit into this, but sounds like a hopped up N55 and not a detuned S55?
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-10-13, 07:08 PM   #96
Wallace

Post Thanks / Like

That's the way I understand it. That's a disappointment.
Unread 2015-10-14, 08:58 AM   #97
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

The 2016 BMW M2 is a steroid-addled M235i

Is This The 2 Series We've Been Waiting For?

When we first got behind the wheel of the M235i early last year, BMW was quick to point out the spiritual link between the small quasi-M car and its ancestors, the 2002 Turbo and the E30 M3, but we couldn't help but think fondly of the more potent 1M Coupe. And while the M235i got a lot of things right, its weight and price took some of the shine off it. But more importantly, the intangibles that those older BMWs nailed was somewhat lacking in the M235i – while fun, it was somewhat distant, unlike the visceral 1M.

Until we drive the 2016 BMW M2, those intangibles will remain intangible. But on paper, the M2 looks to be a super-M235i, buffed up with M goodies like an active rear differential and lightened suspension components. But if you're looking for a featherweight M235i, you'll be disappointed. The extra power and goodies are offset by negligible weight savings. With the dual-clutch transmission it weighs 3,450 pounds, an 85-pound reduction. With the manual, it's a wash at 3,505 pounds.

At least the M2 looks like a proper M car. The side bodywork swells 2.1 inches up front and 3.1 inches in the rear to accommodate wide 19-inch forged wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. The front end takes the M235i theme (itself an adrenaline-injected version of lesser 2 Series cars) and adds steroidal menace, with the expected larger intakes to feed the extra engine radiator. Out back, there's a diffuser in the rear tray that the M235i lacks, and the scallops that incorporate the taillights plainly telegraph the extra rear width. It's the M4's handsome younger sibling.

Like the M235i to which its clearly related, the heart of the M2 is a 3.0-liter inline-six that inhales through a TwinScroll exhaust manifold-integrated turbocharger. High-precision direct injection, Double-VANOS, and Valvetronic are all present and accounted for, with some M goodies like pistons and crank bearings trickling down from the M3 and M4. The result is 365 horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 343 pound-feet of torque available from as low as 1,400 rpm. For those keeping score, that's 45 hp and 13 lb-ft of torque over the M235i and 60 hp shy of the no-heavier M4 coupe.

BMW claims a 0-60 time of 4.2 seconds with the optional dual-clutch automatic, and 4.4 seconds with the standard six-speed manual.
The M2 shouldn't be slow, either. BMW claims a 0-60 time of 4.2 seconds with the optional dual-clutch automatic, and 4.4 seconds with the standard six-speed manual. That automatic option is a bit of a surprise, as the industry scuttlebutt pegged the hypothetical M2 as a manual-only proposition. The top speed is, however, not a surprise. The M2, like the M235i, is limited to 155 miles per hour.

There's one place where the M235i won't hold a candle to the M2, and that's its rear differential. The M235i offered an optional LSD, but the M2 goes full-M with an active diff, an electronically controlled multiplate unit that can keep wheel spin in check. It works a treat in all the applications we've tested before, and it should give the M2 an edge in enthusiastic track driving over its M235i sibling.

Pricing hasn't been revealed yet, but considering the heavy similarity between the 2016 M2 and the M235i, and the premium the full-M version will undoubtedly command, let's hope the M2 over-delivers on those aspects of the driving experience that left us feeling cold in the M235i. The M2 will go on sale in spring of 2016.

Unread 2015-10-14, 09:25 AM   #98
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
i'm reading a bit into this, but sounds like a hopped up N55 and not a detuned S55?
I read quite a bit that it would be an N55 with some S55 parts.

I don't think it's just an N55 with a tune like they did to get to 330hp in the newer n55.

Hopefully it's actually hardware that increased power and then tuning on top of that will have these well over 400hp with relatively few boltons.
Unread 2015-10-14, 09:58 AM   #99
Wallace

Post Thanks / Like

S55 pistons and crankshaft main bearing shells are the only items I have seen mentioned.
Unread 2015-10-14, 10:52 AM   #100
bimmertech

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 42
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 208
Dislikes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
I read quite a bit that it would be an N55 with some S55 parts.

I don't think it's just an N55 with a tune like they did to get to 330hp in the newer n55.

Hopefully it's actually hardware that increased power and then tuning on top of that will have these well over 400hp with relatively few boltons.
Im ok with almost all of that. I like single turbo exhaust noise better anyways. I was really hoping for the liquid/air cooler though. Sub 3300lbs would have been nice too. It looks great and will be a blast to drive.
bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote