Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2012-05-02, 05:18 PM   #1
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Default Rumors: BMW M2, 2 Series Gran Coupe and 2 Series models

After a period of silenzio stampa (or “News Blackout” for our English speaking readers), the interwebs’ famous BMW insider Scott27 returns with more rumors around the future models of BMW Group. In his or hers typical way, Scott27 gives detailed descriptions around the upcoming 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet, the highly rumored and somewhat expected M2, and a surprise: a Gran Coupe Compact or in other words, 2 Series Gran Coupe.
Here is the full text unedited, courtesy of Germancarforum:
The latest Autobild magazine from Germany is currently running a feature on BMW and the seventeen new models due from the company over the course of the next two-three years.

Rendering by AutoExpress

One such model illustrated is the BMW 2er shown below in Cabrio variant. Whilst some of the rendered illustrations border on some fiction, the 2er Cabrio illustrated shows some idea of the actual surface changes in distinguishing the 2er from the 1er, which BMW have concentrated on to give a more sportier look to the small and very popular 1er Coupe replacement.
The 2er as it progresses from the 1er to slot in with the even number of the Coupe family , will be BMW’s entry Coupe model in Rear Wheel Drive specification. With advanced plans to switch the entire 1er to front wheel drive in the next generation. The 2er is introduced to keep the sportier compact rear wheel drive concept in balance.
As seen on the rendering by the Autobild artist Larson. He has incorporated some of the current design thinking within BMW demonstrated on the visual canvas of the Vision ConnectedDrive and 328 Hommage concepts with their prominent surface layering in this case the 2er given its sporting credentials is designed as a concept in motion with everything on the surface of the car raked forward.
The Surface layering distinguishes the bloodline between the 1er and 2er with the rear wheel arch being formed by a dropping character line which will give the car a compact rear deck as the typical BMW 2dr Sedan look. Like the Sporthatch this line will surround the rear arch and pronounce the surface work on the lower flanks of the car.
The rear tail-lights appear in two formats one not shown here , is raked forward in some way similar to the current car with tones of the Vision ConnectedDrive leading into a more pronounced L-Shape. Like the current 1er Coupe and Cabrio, the characterline which visually “connects” the rear arch spreads around the rear , allowing the rear lamps to droop down when that “U” shape meets the license plate in the middle allowing a visual comparison with the current car in progress.
The other format shown here is the same idea with the taillights wrapping around in the opposite direction as shown in the illustration.
The front of the 1er has not been universally accepted by a minority, nevertheless the car has been successful with the Sportline being the popular choice. But with the separation of the two models , BMW have given the 2er its own identity. It will progress the look of the 1er but give its own distinctive look which will be less visual than the hatch but still with a very dynamic sporty appearance.
The 2er will of course emulate the 1er in engine options with both Petrol and Diesel of Four and Six cylinders. And optional xDrive. In order to bring the M Performance compactcar to the US, There will be an M235i heading the top of the range. And available in both Coupe and Cabrio.
The 1M Coupe replacement is undergoing intense discussion. The basic recipe is the same as before – The entry M , powerful , compact and great to drive but with the opportunity to push for progress without sacrificing its core strengths and attributes.
With the advent of the BMW 6er Gran Coupe and the promise of a similar concept for the upcoming 4er. BMW has been left in a sort of dilemma. As the 2er retains that classic BMW appearance , turning the car into a four door will give the car the look of a small sedan, which goes against BMW’s Gran Coupe idea. A Small RWD sedan is not considered by BMW in the long term as they need to protect the 3er and its large fleet market share, something that projections show that the Audi A3 Sedan and Mercedes CLA could eat into the C-Klasse and A4 respectively especially in the highly contested fleet market where the larger cars are more profitable.
But the desire of such small sedan-Coupe concepts has not gone unnoticed. Especially for markets like the US and China.
Although nothing has been confirmed BMW are investigating two options – One would be a four dr spun of the upcoming BMW 1er City model which will be available as both 3dr and 5dr, and its adaptable modular architecture which would be available with FWD and AWD – Making it a formidable rival for both the A3 and CLA as they are both FWD and AWD. This could also sire a four dr MINI Sedan.
Another idea is GCC – GranCoupe Compact. Which is in the infant stages of discussion so far, A separate model kind of like how the 5er GT fits within the regular 5er , enhancing the design of the regular Coupe and Cabrio but with a much lower Gran Coupe glasshouse and roofline but remaining with RWD and optional xDrive. This model could be a four or five dr or even take a new direction in design. BMW Design have been evaluating highly contemporary stylish concepts such as the Hyundai Veloster and Citroen DS5 for a varied perception.
However, having a look at the Mercedes-Benz CSC Concept in Beijing shows that it is in fact longer than the C-Klasse and therefore looks more of a car to compete against the 4er Gran Coupe rather than a 2er.
The BMW 2er Coupe will launch next Summer with the Cabrio appearing towards the end of 2013.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-05-11, 12:49 PM   #2
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BMW 2 Series coming in 2014

CAR magazine reports BMW is hard at work on crafting the next-generation 1 Series Convertible. When it bows, the machine is expected to carry with it an all-new nomenclature, doing away with the 1 badge in favor of a new 2 Series emblem. This isn't the first time we've heard of BMW filling in its model line with both 2 and 4 Series models, nor the first hint that the 1 Series Convertible will be reborn as the 2 Series. CAR does supply a few more details however, stating that the 1 and 2 will be separated largely by a few sheetmetal tweaks. That means we can expect to see more or less the same engine options behind the headlights.

Why bother changing the naming structure at all? According to CAR, BMW is attempting to get its fleet more inline with those of Audi and Mercedes-Benz, which use a hierarchical structure to differentiate less premium models from pricier hardware. The report suggests buyers can expect to see the new 2 starting in 2014, complete with a six-speed manual transmission or an optional eight-speed automatic gearbox.

Unread 2012-05-11, 01:38 PM   #3
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

Really curious to see how this all unfolds.

There are rumors floating around 1addicts about a 135is to close out the model. Also they have said that instead of a 135is there my be a 135Tii or just a "new" 135i that comes with the PPK and cooling system and tightened suspension as the final model.

Curious how ///M will play in as well. I must have an M car.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-05-11, 01:51 PM   #4
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

An M car for the current architecture?

They stopped production and moved in the new F 3 series into full swing

Unread 2012-05-11, 02:04 PM   #5
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
An M car for the current architecture?

They stopped production and moved in the new F 3 series into full swing
My 1er will be closing in on the end of the warranty sometime in 2014 i think. That will be when i start really looking at an M car. That is, unless next spring before i get ready to leave here, I dont find an E90 M3 that works out.
Unread 2012-06-17, 11:31 PM   #6
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Rendering: 2013 BMW 235i

Next year BMW will unveil the new generation 1 Series Coupe, only that this time around the entry-level coupe goes through a name change: 2 Series.
The spin-off from the new 1 Series will include the coupe and convertible variants. The highest offering in the lineup will be the 235i model, a coupe powered by a six-cylinder turbocharged engine.
Built on the F20 platform, the F23 2 Series will share some design cues with the 1 Series Hatchback, but overall, the 2 Series Coupe is expected to look and feel sportier than its brother, as well as more luxurious.

Our sources say that the F23 2 Series will use more or less the same engines and transmissions as the hatchback, starting with four-cylinder petrol and diesel powerplants. Here are some of the models, and their power, that we expect to see:
  • 216i (2.0 petrol, 150bhp)
  • 218i (2.0 petrol, 177bhp)
  • 225i (2.0 petrol, 218bhp)
  • 220d (2.0 turbodiesel, 214bhp)
  • 235i (3.0 petrol, 300bhp)
The engines will be mated to a six-speed manual or ZF eight-speedautomatic, with the DCT option reserved for the high-end 235i model and M models.
For the first time in its short history, the 1 Series or 2 Series Coupe family may get the xDrive platform. Our sources say that a 2 Series Coupe xDrive would compete successfully against the Audi A3 Quattro and Mercedes A-Class 4Matic.
To illustrate its potential exterior design, Roger Lighterness renders the 235i Coupe.

Unread 2012-07-09, 03:39 PM   #7
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BMW M235i Coupe to make North American debut in 2014

2012 Bmw 1-Series M Coupe

BMW will soon introduce the M235i coupe, the first in a line of M Performance models, in early 2014 to North America. It replaces the 1-series M coupe which ended its production after having produced over 6,000 units, of which, 600 were sold in the U.S. BMW has decided to rename the next generation coupe and convertible versions of the 1-series as the 2-series but the hatchback keeps the 1-series designation. BMW hasn’t confirmed it yet but the M235i coupe is set to debut at the 2014 Detroit auto show. It is the sister model to the M135i hatchback that will start selling throughout Europe this September. The M235i coupe is based on the upcoming second-generation 2-series coupe that will debut at the 2013 Frankfurt motor show.

It will be powered by the 316-hp version of BMW's N55 turbocharged 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder engine, the same one used on the M135i hatchback, says Autoweek. An insider from BMW M division told Autoweek that this engine was certified for U.S. sales. BMW's first M Performance model, with a standard six-speed manual gearbox, will be offered in the U.S. and will come with an optional seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.
In addition, it gets standard rear-wheel drive and would likely be sold with optional four-wheel drive in certain states. However, the M235i coupe won't be the only BMW M Performance in the U.S. Set to arrive later in 2014 is the M235i convertible with a fabric roof, four seats and the same driveline. Since BMW announced the M Performance strategy earlier this year, the automaker added four models to its lineup in Europe. These are the 375-hp turbocharged 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder diesel-powered M550d xDrive, the X5 M50d, the X6 M50d and the M135i hatchback.

Unread 2012-07-09, 04:27 PM   #8
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

316bhp on a 2014 M model?

*sigh*
Unread 2012-07-09, 05:25 PM   #9
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 998
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post

316bhp on a 2014 M model?

*sigh*
Those are German horses though. They're always stronger.

That 235 looks a bit cleaner and more refined than the bullnose and somewhat odd proportions of the current 1 series.
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-07-09, 05:44 PM   #10
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

It needs to be lighter than the current 135i and then it would be less of an issue about the hp.

Though, i still dont know why a 2014 model would only have 316bhp. It should be around 340-350 and a little lighter and then it would be perfect.
Unread 2012-10-03, 12:40 PM   #11
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BMW working on 2-Series Gran Coupe and Gran Sport Tourer - report

More BMW 2-Series versions on their way

It seems that BMW is developing more Gran Coupe versions as the upcoming 2-Series will get such a model, designed for those that like coupes but find the 3-series too expensive or too big. It will be a rear-wheel drive car in pure BMW tradition and as illustrarted in the design renderings it will look totally different than the 1-Series. The elongated roofline will be lower in order to accommodate the slightly longer platform like on other Gran Coupe models, along with featuring short front and rear overhangs.

As for the 2-Series Gran Sport Tourer, this could be the first model from a possible “Gran Tourer” lineup of models, designed to be more attractive than the typical Tourer and aimed at those who prefer more exclusivity rather than utility. This Gran Tourer line could grow with a 6-Series version or even a 4-Series model.

It shouldn’t come as a surprise if BMW will decide to make an M version for the 2-Series.

Unread 2012-11-29, 09:58 AM   #12
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Breaking: First BMW 2 Series Spied! F23 Convertible Spotted in Munich

This just in... we've finally spotted the BMW 2 Series! Seen undergoing winter testing in Munich is this 2 Series Convertible (F23) prototype. If you recall from 2006, the very first 1 Series prototype ever spotted was also the convertible version, prior to the coupe model.

What do we see?

To the delight of many F20/F21 1 Series hecklers, even through the camouflage it appears the 2 Series headlights will indeed be sleeker and sportier! A comparison (photo below) against an F20/F21 1 Series prototype at this stage of camouflage shows the size and shape differences between the headlights already. The photos do not reveal whether the headlights connect to the kidney grilles as it does on the F30 and upcoming models such as the next X5 (F15).

The second most prominent thing we notice is more forward leaning front fascia, which gives the 2 Series a sportier overall front end look compared to the more upright F20/F21 1 Series. There is still significant camouflage cladding in front of the kidney grilles, so it remains to be seen whether this is just clever camo or the bodywork underneath follows the forward leaning angle of the camouflage.

Overall, compared to the F20/F21 1 Series and the current E88 1 Series Convertible, the 2014 2 Series Convertible projects a sportier look even in this early camouflage form, in particular from the A pillar forward - with its downward sloping and more raked appearance.

As expected, the folding convertible top remains cloth construction and appears similar in appearance and folding points as the current E88 1 Series Convertible.

Future 2 Series Lineup

The 2 Series models will be built on the same RWD platform as the current 1 Series hatchbacks (F20/F21) and is expected to spawn the following lineup:
• 2 Series Coupe (F22)
• 2 Series Convertible (F23)
• 2 Series Gran Coupe (four door coupe) - still speculative [more info].
• 2 Series Gran Sports Tourer (Hyundai Veloster type vehicle) - still highly speculative [more info].
• M235i M Performance Automobile - expected to be the first M Performance Automobile model offered in the US. It will be the 2 Series version of the highly regarded petrol M135i.
• M2 Coupe - successor to current 1M coupe, recently rumored to be 4 Cylinder [more info].
• M2 Gran Coupe - M version of 2 Series Gran Coupe to compete with Mercedes Benz CLA45 AMG and Audi S3 Sedan; still speculative [more info].

Although we have spotted the F23 convertible first, the F22 coupe will begin production first. Both models will begin production in the second half of 2013. We'll share information on exact dates soon.

Unread 2012-12-12, 04:29 PM   #13
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2-series to join BMW range
New model to replace 1-series coupé and cabriolet in 2014

The successor models to the existing first-generation BMW 1-series coupé and cabriolet have been spied testing just over a year before their planned UK showroom debut.

Set to adopt a new 2-series nameplate as part of BMW’s plans to provide greater differentiation between its volume-selling saloons and hatchbacks and their coupé and cabriolet siblings, the new two door pairing, codenamed F22 and F23 respectively, have been extensively re-engineered in a move that sees them grow incrementally in size, providing them with increased levels of interior accommodation and luggage capacity together with improved safety credentials.

The heavily disguised prototypes caught here testing in Germany provide few clues as to the look of the 2-series coupé and cabriolet, although BMW sources suggest they will follow the example of the recently unveiled 4-series by adopting a more individual appearance than today’s models, albeit with various exterior design elements from the second-generation 1-series hatchback. One obvious design element is the retention of a fabric hood on the cabriolet pictured here.

The 2-series coupé and cabriolet are based around the same mechanical package as the second-generation 1-series hatchback, alongside which they will be produced at BMW’s Leipzig factory in Germany. Key among the changes is the adoption of a modified platform. It uses a 30mm longer wheelbase and supports front and rear tracks that have been extended by a significant 55mm and 60mm respectively. It has also been engineered to support both standard rear- and optional four-wheel drive.

Among the engines set to power the new 2-series are turbocharged 1.6- and 2.0-litre four-cylinder direct-injection petrol and 2.0-litre four-cylinder common rail diesels together with a turbocharged 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder, which in range-topping form is expected to provide a 235i M Performance range topper with 320bhp.

Unread 2012-12-19, 10:58 AM   #14
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BMW 2 Series spied on the road

Following the introduction of the newly named BMW 4 Series, we knew it wasn't going to be long before BMW renamed its entry-level car to following this new naming system, too. Here's our first look at the 2014 2 Series, formerly known as the 1 Series coupe, strutting for the camera.

Based on these shots of the 2 Series coupe, the big changes (aside from the new name) in store visually might be limited to the front- and rear-end as the roofline and window openings look very similar, if not the same, to the current 1 Series. There is no information about the new 2 Series Coupe, but since this prototype does appear to be in final testing stages, our previous report of the car coming for 2014 looks to be holding up.

Unread 2013-01-02, 01:11 PM   #15
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe rendered

The BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe has been recently rendered and the three images posted below might offer us a first glimpse into the final production version of the model.

The German based automaker BMW has big plans for its models and some of these plans might include a new 2-Series Gran Coupe which might follow the same path, but on a smaller scale, as the 6-Series Gran Coupe. The BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe will be based on the 2-Series Coupe and 2-Series Convertible and the model is rumored to hit the market over the following years.
The BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe will share the same platform with the BMW 2-Series Coupe and with the BMW 2-Series Convertible. The platform won’t be the only thing shared by the three models because they will also get the same interior design and also the same engine lineup, which will include 2.0 liter turbocharged four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines and 3.0 liter turbocharged straight six units. A high performance version, which will probably be named the M2 Gran Coupe, might also make its way into the lineup. Unfortunately we don’t have any more details on the BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe for the moment.
Image Source: theophiluschin.com

Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks KUweatherman thanked for this post
Likes KUweatherman liked this post
Unread 2013-01-02, 09:18 PM   #16
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 402
Thanks (Received): 363
Likes (Given): 4967
Likes (Received): 2124
Dislikes (Given): 121
Dislikes (Received): 174

Yep. Would drive that.

Unread 2013-02-09, 12:46 AM   #17
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BMW M235i Coupe entering producing this November - report

2013 BMW 2-Series Coupe spy photo 19.12.2012 / Automedia

At Leipzig factory

A recent report indicates BMW will start production of the M235i in November this year.
According to BMWBlog.com who was able to take a look at a BMW production schedule, the company will kick off production of the M235i Coupe this November and will be sold in the United States. Set to be manufactured at the firm's factory in Leipzig, the M235i Coupe will be heavier than the M135i launched last year.
It will probably retain the same inline-six 3.0-liter engine which produces 315 hp (235 kW) and 332 lb-ft (450 Nm) in the M135i. Spy shots (see source link 2) have revealed the engine will be linked to an eight-speed automatic gearbox while the steering wheel will have a sportier design.
It will probably get the same dual exhaust pipe setup of the M135i, a small trunk spoiler and blue M Performance brake calipers. The car seen in the spy photos had 255/40 R18 tires at the front and 245/35 R18 for the rear, and featured a Valencia Orange paint.
The same source indicates BMW will launch later on a convertible version of the M235i.

Unread 2013-02-09, 12:33 PM   #18
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Guessing that is a typo on the tire size, lol.

Probably gonna be 215 and 245 like the current 135i.
Unread 2013-02-12, 06:27 PM   #19
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

BMW 2 SERIES MODELS LIST (by VIN search).
* Note: the list may not be comprehensive or up-to-date and info has not been verified by BMW.

Catch all 2 Series news and updates @ http://www.bimmerpost.com/2-series/

And how about a US spec Valencia Orange M235i?

The "235" listed under power is 235kw, which equals 315hp (same power as current M135i hatchback).

Here are spy photos of the M235i, from http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782150

Unread 2013-03-21, 06:48 PM   #20
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Rendered. Firm Plans for M2 Coupe and M2 Gran Coupe
COMMENTS

The 2 Series coupe and convertible are on their way, having already been spied in testing for months now. So what's next to come in the 2 Series lineup? Possibly the 2 Series Gran Coupe, which Autobild has taken a crack at rendering. Although no prototypes have yet been spotted, it's been previously rumored by BMW insider Scott26 to be on the way.

Here are the models that may round out the 2 Series lineup (some more likely than others), per Scott26:

Quote:
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe - 4 door addition of 2 Series Coupe with slightly lengthened wheelbase and roof line, aimed at BMW's RWD dominance against Audi A3 Sedan and Mercedes-Benz CLA. [More Details]

BMW 2 Series Gran Sports Tourer - Hyundai Veloster type A-symmetrical Tourer Coupe inspired by classic 2002 Touring variant, has many admirers in Munich. [More Details]

BMW M2 Coupe - Successor to the BMW 1 Series M Coupe continues the same formula that made the last car be memorable, no huge competitor in the HP race , four cylinder will bring less weight , which matter most as does more enjoyment and overall feel is considered to be more of a priority than who has the biggest numbers. Already confirmed to be coming by BMW CEO.

BMW M2 Gran Coupe - Baby Coupe inherits a four door brother and RWD, Direct competitor to the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG. Scott26 shares that there are now firm plans for an M2 Gran Coupe (see post below).
Follow 2 Series / M2 news and developments at:
http://www.bimmerpost.com/2-series/

Zur Bildergalerie

BMW 2er Gran Coupé (2015)

BMW 2er Gran Coupé (2015)

— 21.03.2013
Schnittiger Viertürer

BMW 1er Coupé und Cabrio firmieren in der nächsten Generation unter dem Namen 2er. Als dritte Variante planen die Münchner einen Viertürer in Form eines Gran Coupés.

BMW will ab 2015 den Erfolg des großen (und teuren) 6er Gran Coupés (ab 79.900 Euro) nach unten transportieren. Deshalb soll es in zwei Jahren das 2er Gran Coupé, einen schnittigen Viertürer mit elegantem und sanft abfallendem Heck und rahmenlosen Scheiben geben. Während BMW beim 1er von Heck- auf Frontantrieb umstellt, bleibt es beim 2er zunächst bei angetriebenen Hinterrädern.

Das neue BMW 2er Gran Coupé und die kommenden BMW-Neuheiten zeigen wir Ihnen in der Galerie.
Wie das 2er Cabrio und das Coupé kommen werden, sehen Sie in AUTO BILD 12/2013 – ab 22. März im Handel! Dazu im neuen Heft: SUV oder Kombi? Großer Vergleich mit 14 Autos. Und: Neue Mercedes S-Klasse, Kia Carens vs. Ford Grand C-Max und die zehn besten gebrauchten Kleinwagen bis 4000 Euro.
Diesen Beitrag empfehlen

Unread 2013-04-16, 06:06 PM   #21
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2014 BMW 2-series M Sport Spy Photos

The forthcoming 2er is caught in sporty attire.

What It Is: New spy shots of the BMW 2-series, which will replace the 1-series coupe and convertible. The 2-series lineup eventually will include both body styles, and they will look less like the current rear-drive 1-series hatchback than ever before, including a unique front-end treatment. The design scheme allows BMW to place its entry-level cars into the hierarchy followed by the 5-series–based 6-series, and the upcoming 3-series–based 4-series. Generally speaking (the 6-series Gran Coupe being an anomaly), sedans, wagons, and hatches will wear odd numbers, while coupes and convertibles will wear even numbers.
No piece of sheetmetal carries over from the current 1-series coupe, but the 2-series does not deviate far from its formula. It continues to be a compact, three-box two-door with rear-wheel drive and the option of powerful engines. The interior is virtually identical to that of the second-generation 1-series hatchback now being peddled outside of the U.S. Only the hood for the instrument panel deviates from the earlier form, being more rounded. Our photos show the M235i with the M Sport package, including blue interior trim, aggressive wheels, and meaner exterior detailing. It’s unclear if we’ll get this variant here; we were previously denied a version of the M135i.
Why It Matters: The BMW 2-series will have the same marching orders as the 1-series coupe and convertible—that being to introduce new buyers to the brand. A more-efficient base engine will help. The top-dog 2-series will be the rip-snorting M2, but the car’s classic proportions, neat dimensions, and ostensibly sporty dynamics should entice enthusiasts even in sub-M form.

Platform: Like the previous and the current 1-series, this car is derived from BMW's compact rear-wheel-drive platform. All-wheel drive is a distinct possibility—it’s offered on the Euro 1-series—and if BMW’s U.S. diesel expansion plans prove successful, the company could offer us a diesel 2, as well. It’s worth noting that the 1-series nameplate eventually will migrate to a front-wheel-drive model riding on the same architecture as the next-generation Mini Cooper.
Powertrains: Engine choices for the U.S. market will include a 240-hp, 2.0-liter turbocharged four in the 228i, as well several variations of the N55 3.0-liter turbocharged straight-six. The six-cylinder ought to make 300 horsepower in 235i trim, but it is expected to pump out 320 horsepower in the M235i. We might get one tune or the other—or both—but the picture is still a bit cloudy. What is clear is that there will be a follow-up to the awesome 1-series M coupe, and that car—the M2—will have 360 horsepower or more. It will directly target the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG and the upcoming Audi RS3, and we definitely want it to come here. Six-speed sticks should be standard across the board, while the regular-strength cars will offer a ZF-sourced eight-speed automatic. The M2 could be fitted with an optional seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.
Competition: Acura ILX, Audi A3/S3, Mercedes-Benz CLA-class, Volkswagen GTI/Golf R.
Estimated Arrival and Price: The sheets could be pulled from the 2014 BMW 2-series as early as the end of this year, and the car is expected to roll into dealerships a few months later. Pricing should begin in the low-$30K range for the 228i. View Photo Gallery

Unread 2013-05-16, 09:27 AM   #22
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the M235i coupe, fully uncovered (save for the covering on the back). But, nearly the entire car is revealed here!

Non-fans of the F20 1 Series front design with its in-your-face headlights and blunt nose look will appreciate the much sportier 2 series coupe front end, with significantly sleeker headlights and grilles.

The front air intakes are large and aggressively shaped, with the fins that we spied in the last M235i sighting. As on the prototypes, the wheels are from the M135i, as are the blue M Performance brakes. Unfortunately, the hood shut line retains its position high above the kidney grilles. And as a big surprise, the headlights do not join the kidney grilles like other late model BMWs.

The side fender features an M badge, but no air breather vent as seen on BMW's newest models (4 series coupe, 3 series GT). Front and rear quarter panels looks similar to the F20 and the side mirrors are a contrasting silver, a color scheme which we've seen BMW implement before on the Z4 sDrive35is and Z4 Silver Top Edition.

The headlights on this model are the optional LED with squared off corona rings. The tail lights' lighting elements remind us of the current 1 Series coupe LCI, with thick floating contrasty light bars.

Although the back remains mostly covered, we know that it will feature split twin black exhaust pipes, a trunk spoiler lip, and a black rear bumper diffuser.

Overall, the 2 Series coupe looks to be much sleeker and less pugnacious a design compared to the E82 1 Series coupe that it will replace at the end of this year.

The M235i and 228i both begin production this November. Unlike the M135i, the M235i will come to the US. There will be no 235i produced, as the M235i will take its place in the lineup. The M235i will feature the same powerplant and mechanicals as the much ballyhooed M135i hatchback.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841137

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes KUweatherman liked this post
Unread 2013-05-16, 09:47 AM   #23
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that looks great.
Unread 2013-05-16, 12:05 PM   #24
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 402
Thanks (Received): 363
Likes (Given): 4967
Likes (Received): 2124
Dislikes (Given): 121
Dislikes (Received): 174

Gorgeous! Just placed the first penny in the jar. One down, lots more to go.
Unread 2013-05-16, 01:13 PM   #25
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

They are trying to make it really difficult for me to leave the bimmer world when I decide to trade my car in....