Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2013-10-03, 08:29 AM   #201
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Chrysler's performance-focused SRT division has cut production of the Viper in response to slow sales and ballooning dealer inventories.

The number of hand-built Vipers that roll out of the Conner Avenue, Detroit, assembly line each day has been cut from nine to six because dealers around the country have 565 examples - a 289-day supply - sitting unsold in showrooms. To put that number into perspective, SRT sold 426 Vipers since the 2013 model went on sale last February with a starting price of $104,480.

Not overly worried, SRT CEO Ralph Gilles points out that winter is quickly approaching and that the Viper is not made for cold climates. He remains confident sales will pick up in the spring of 2014 and maintains the factory is ready to return to building nine examples a day if needed.

SRT representatives will tour dealership and organize customer test drives in order to generate interest in the two seater and help boost sales. The tour will begin in the southern states where winter is generally not very harsh and will gradually move north as temperatures rise.

"We really have to focus on putting butts in seats," said Gilles in an interview with trade journal Automotive News. "A lot of people are unnecessarily intimidated by the car."

Chrysler has promised not to lay off employees but it will re-assign an unspecified number of Conner Avenue workers to nearby factories.
Read more at http://www.leftlanenews.com/srt-cuts...9GYog7KDYS2.99

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-10-03, 11:58 AM   #202
stevo8

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 43
Thanks (Received): 81
Likes (Given): 73
Likes (Received): 702
Dislikes (Given): 15
Dislikes (Received): 21

In the $100k sports coupe market, it's my choice of contender. But, there are better speed/dollar vehicles available, and more exclusive/dollar vehicles available as well. It's an odd fit, but it's still a spectacular car.
stevo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-10-03, 01:13 PM   #203
supersayianjim

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 120
Thanks (Received): 16
Likes (Given): 399
Likes (Received): 63
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 28

so if it doesn't make it next year,safe to say they may terminate the viper??

-1994 sc400-1jz/w58/aem-v2/borg warner s366/800-injec/arp studs/ 264 cams and port

-nissan s13 rb25det 2,700lbs nis-tune/holset hx35/full suspension 348/308 tq-dyno jet 15psi and shit tune

-50cc mad-ass

"when i spool, i rule!!!"
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-11-18, 12:43 PM   #204
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2014 SRT Viper TA

Listen When The Forked Tongue Speaks

Quote:
Vital Stats

Engine:8.4L V10Power:640 HP / 600 LB-FTTransmission:6-Speed Manual0-60 Time:3.3 Seconds (est.)Top Speed:193 MPHDrivetrain:Rear-Wheel DriveCurb Weight:3,390 LBSSeating:2Cargo:14.65 CU-FTMPG:12 City / 19 HWYBase Price:$120,000 (est.)

SRT CEO Ralph Gilles could have been detailing his brand's top-secret plans for the next five years, or taking potshots at the Corvette for all I knew. I was only about 10 feet away from Gilles as he was telling a small group of assembled media something or other about the history of the Viper – just now enriched with this "Time Attack" TA model – though I was barely aware of the fact that he was addressing me at all. Despite my laptop being dutifully erected for the purpose of taking notes, my concentration had been splintered by the sensationally orange coupe that was hurtling into my peripheral vision, trailing a wake of baritone exhaust that seemed only mildly filtered by the brick and glass building in which I was sitting. The test drivers were getting some last runs in the TA and it was... distracting.

The 8.4-liter V10 that sits like a loaded gun under the 2014 SRT Viper TA's six-vent hood makes all of its 640 horsepower at 6,200 revolutions per minute. On the last third of the long straight at Willow Springs, just before shifting up from fourth into fifth gear and with the speedometer tickling 140 miles per hour, it also makes a noise like The Devil Himself has cracked open Hell in southern California. The wail is unmistakable, even at a distance, to the initiated, and might be the highest-decibel production-car exhaust note I've ever encountered. It certainly doesn't make a presentation easy to sit through, either.

The magic of the Viper TA isn't in the massive V10 engine.
But the magic of the Viper TA, which uses the very same powerplant as the standard SRT and the deeply contented GTS, isn't in the massive V10 engine. Rather, it lies in a host of synergistic components that allowed the best drivers at our test day to come out of Willow's treacherous Turn 9 with enough speed to require the shift up into fifth. Because, while it's perfectly natural to drop your jaw and gawk at the heroic power and torque figures this car offers, being able to use them to their fullest on a fast track requires some rather tricky work on the part of the SRT team. Thankfully these guys seem to live for shaving off seconds and adding exit speed; the daubs of extra handling performance that make the TA such a monster on a super-fast track like Big Willow.

Many of you might have first heard about the Viper TA by way of an article and video Motor Trend put together this past spring. The car the MT crew drove for that outing was a very early sample of the TA formula, accelerated by the SRT team as a way of demonstrating that the Viper could indeed out-gun the 2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 around Laguna Seca. That trial resulted in racing driver Randy Pobst setting a new production car lap record at Laguna, but the specifications of the record-breaking car are slightly different than they are for this 2014 model year production version.

SRT will build some 165 examples of the TA, with 99 of them slated to be painted in signature TA Orange.
SRT will build some 165 examples of the TA, with 99 of them slated to be painted in signature TA Orange, 33 painted black and 33 white. Continuing along the exterior, one can easily pick out the aero kit that sets the TA apart, with a deep front splitter and rear lip spoiler being crafted from carbon fiber. In addition to really setting off the flaming paintwork, the aero additions create 278 pounds of downforce at 150 miles per hour, or 460 pounds if you make it up to the car's 196-mph top speed. The added aero also reduces said top speed by about 10 mph versus the standard Viper – a tradeoff we'll take any day. Dark-finish, lightweight "Sidewinder" wheels are also part of the TA suite, and make the car look menacing even when sitting still.

TA underpinnings have been judiciously applied to add at-limit handling performance, while also trying to keep weight down. Front and rear spring rates have been increased (and the springs themselves painted TA Orange), while solid front and rear sway bars add significant stiffness. A prominent carbon-fiber X brace also takes the place of a similarly shaped aluminum unit in the engine bay, shaving nearly three pounds in the process.

The net-net of the new spec list is a Viper that is sharper and more durable in a track situation.
The Viper TA also gets a set of model-specific brakes front and rear. The 14-inch Brembo rotors are the same diameter as the standard issue items (and as the optional, lighter-weight StopTech units), but offer more swept area and greater thermal capacity. The TA braking system offers the same performance as the available StopTech gear, but should provide less fade in demanding race conditions. Speaking of durability, SRT has even dialed in more negative camber to the front and rear wheel alignment (1.1 degrees front, 0.35 degrees rear) as a means of reducing tire wear over the course of a race.

The net-net of the new spec list is a Viper that is sharper and more durable in a track situation while gaining just 12 pounds of curb weight versus the most basic version of the coupe.

Before I hit the full track at Willow Springs – a 2.5-mile monster of a thing whose layout has remained unchanged since it was first laid down over the mountainous desert in 1953 – the Viper guys put together an autocross course for all of the sweaty-palmed journalists to use as an icebreaker with the TA. You probably don't tend to think of the Viper in terms like "nimble" or "tossable," but the truth of the cone course proved those descriptors to be pretty accurate. Once I got a run under my belt, I found that it was almost easy to flick the snake through the tightly wound course, including being able to actually gain speed by the fourth gate of a slalom section.

I didn't expect the Viper to be world-class in terms of road-feel and feedback, but that's exactly what I found.
The genius here, at least for a non-racer like me, is that the Viper controls are all incredibly straightforward and tactile. The steering wheel presents with heavy turn-to-turn effort, to be sure, but the weight is more reassuring and stabilizing than it is cumbersome. The steering ratio isn't overly quick at 16.7:1, but the very small steering wheel made it a simple thing to change direction rapidly. More impressive is the incredible touch on offer from the wheel; I felt as though every fissure in the asphalt surface was evident through the tiller. Honestly, I didn't expect the Viper to be world-class in terms of road-feel and feedback, but that's exactly what I found during both track drives and public road excursions.

Like its steering experience, the Viper TA also offered me incredible response via the pedals. The clutch and gear lever are really well matched, both mechanical and not overly heavy in terms of feel, making at-speed shifts quick and accurate to execute. Bite from the brake pedal was instant and progressive as I dug in deeper, while booting the accelerator offered an equally linear response for the opposite effect.

I felt right at home behind the wheel after about 30 seconds.
Newcomers to the model might very well expect the SRT supercar to be difficult to drive without practice, but the fact is that I felt right at home behind the wheel after about 30 seconds. There are, I've no doubt, uncountable and exotic ways in which to make this ludicrously fast car go wrong. But the ultra-communicative nature of the Viper with its well-sorted controls means that cockups should mostly be matters of bad driving, rather than the results of a truculent machine.

The talkative nature of the car also meant that I was more or less at ease when I set out to do my first lap of the big track at Willow. At a moderate pace around the nine-turn road course I was inundated with tactile information about road surface and grip levels, making it an easy sport to increase my pace, along with my confidence, lap after lap. Willow's Turn 2, a double-apex, sweeping bowl of a thing called "The Rabbit's Ear" is the place where I made best use of the rock-steady suspension, pushing the car hard and never feeling the slightest note of waver or lean from the underpinnings.

My stomach never let me get as deep into Turn 1 as my brain told me I'd be able to pull off.
My favorite moment of the day came while making the fast right-hander at Turn 4 that lies at the top of a hill; a dab of brakes and flick of the wrist was all it took to rotate the car smartly, and a tiny mid-turn correction all that was needed to reel in a slightly upset rear end before plowing down the hill towards Turn 5 and 6. Here, the lovely balance and prodigious grip of the Viper were the stars of the moment, and the fluidity into brutal acceleration a microcosm of what makes the TA so killer. (No joke, pinning the throttle while pointed straight out of Turn 6 is close-to-sex good).

I never came close to rounding the track in anything like the pace of the SRT hot-shoes and professional racers that were on-hand, of course. I took a right-seat ride with one of the pros after dozens of laps of my own just to see how much speed I was leaving on the table. No surprise: I was leaving a lot. The Viper TA's brakes are impeccable, but my stomach never let me get as deep into Turn 1 off the main straight as my brain told me I'd be able to pull off. And the massive tires – Pirelli PZeros in a 295-section out front and 355-section in the back, making the largest contact patch of any production car in the world, says SRT – offered so much grip that even corners I thought I'd attacked with maximum effort were slow when compared with the pros' pace.

I came away with notions of balance and poise rather than tales of lurid spins and high-speed turbulence.
But the impressive part wasn't the speed with which I drove, but the confidence with which I learned. In the track-ready version of what is, even in this mildly gentrified new generation, a car with one of the meanest reputations on the planet, I came away with notions of balance and poise rather than tales of lurid spins and high-speed turbulence.

Which isn't to say that the Viper TA, or any Viper, is subtle. It most certainly is not. The same world-class levels of driver feedback that make the snake such a superb driving tool also create an on-road experience that is never placid, despite the lovely new interior treatment and straightforward controls. The Motörhead exhaust note is thrilling when pouring on revs at Willow Springs, but might become more draining when used in the heat of close-quarter city driving. The Viper isn't a car that every 911 owner or Corvette enthusiast will want, or should consider. It is intense and evocative, an acquired taste for discerning drivers. Not, emphatically not, a car that everyone should be expected to love.

The Viper TA is a beacon for heart-over-head passion in today's dispassionate car business.
And, to say it plainly, the Viper TA is absolutely the most idiosyncratic of the now three-deep Viper range. The extra performance it offers can really only be found in race conditions, and it's simply not as easy to live with as the already compromised, yet luxurious, Viper GTS. The Time Attack represents a micro-niche so small that I wonder if a target of 165 examples is slightly aggressive, despite my being personally head-over-heels in love with the thing. The likely $120,000-price tag deepens my concern for the business plan, while leaving my ardor for the model untouched.

In the end, I think my introduction to the car – interrupting a serious meeting by way of flaring orange paint and blasting V10 voice through side-pipe throat – was perfect. The Viper TA is a beacon for heart-over-head passion in today's dispassionate car business. Flawed, original and completely charming, its capabilities as a civilian racer should not be in doubt, nor its claim to the title of the best sports car in the world dismissed. Cool car, Ralph.

Unread 2013-11-20, 12:51 AM   #205
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2014 SRT Viper GTS gets even more lux with Anodized Carbon Special Edition Package

The 2014 SRT Viper is already a rare and special vehicle, but Ralph Gilles & Co. are looking to create even more excitement for the car with limited-edition models. Only 165 souls will be lucky enough to park a Viper TA in their driveway, but less than a third of that number will have the honor of laying their $100,000+ down on this new new Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Special Edition.

All 50 of these coupes will come in a yet-to-be-named metallic matte hue, and will include further unique elements like the black chrome wheels, bright-orange brake calipers and carbon fiber rear appliqué seen here. The cabin also receives special treatment with plenty of Alcantara and Nappa leather to go with orange accents and carbon fiber trim. SRT has yet to announce pricing on the Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Special Edition, but it will be unveiled at the LA Auto Show before going on sale in January. Scroll down for the official press release.

Unread 2014-01-12, 02:07 PM   #206
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

SRT Viper gets Stryker Green paint, Grand Touring package options

In a bid to keep the slow-selling Viper fresh, SRT has announced a pair of new options for the V10-powered supercar at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Stryker Green paint, shown above and in the gallery, will be added to the Viper's growing color palette, and will be available on the GTS and on the standard Viper when optioned with the new Grand Touring package (more on that in a minute). Viper fans will note that this is hardly the model's first foray into retina-searing shades of green. SRT is claiming this new shade is an evolution of that iconic Snakeskin Green from 2008, but with more noticeable green and yellow elements for a "liquid mercury" appearance.

"The application of the new Stryker Green exterior paint is a very detailed and intricate process, taking approximately eight hours to complete. The process first starts with a base color coat followed by a green-tinted mid-coat and topped off with a clear finish. Each coat application adds depth and accentuates the curvature of the Viper's exterior design," said Ralph Gilles, president and CEO of SRT.

As for the Grand Touring equipment pack, the new options bundle adds standard Nappa leather seats, five different modes for the stability control and a two-mode Bilstein damper system, with the latter two items being borrowed from the top-of-the-line GTS model. Venom Black or the new Stryker Green will be the only color options on GT-equipped Vipers.

We have a few images of the Stryker Green Viper above, and will add live images from the floor of Cobo Hall in Detroit soon. In the meantime, scroll down for the official press release from SRT.

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes early93viper liked this post
Unread 2014-01-29, 10:31 AM   #207
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

SRT Boss: Don't Compare the Viper to the Vette

Chevrolet SRT Comparisons Production Sports Cars

When you think about it, neither car will steal sales away from the other.

It’s nothing new to compare the SRT Viper to the Chevrolet Corvette. People have been making the comparison ever since the first Viper debuted in 1992. Both are front-engined, all-American, performance machines, but SRT CEO Ralph Gilles believes the comparisons should stop right there. Gilles recently stated that "we are not Corvette. We’ve never tried to be Corvette. We never will be. We’re handmade. It takes 18 hours to paint the stripe on a Viper.

We color sand the entire car, inside and outside. All the panels are beautifully finished. We’re trying to build a custom show car that you can own. This is not a disposable device." Both the Corvette and Viper have their own unique production facilities where workers can focus their full attention to each of these fine machines. But clearly SRT is trying to make its Viper more of a bespoke product. And that’s just fine, considering there’s very little overlap/competition amongst customers. A Corvette shopper will ultimately end up buying a Vette, and vice versa.

Unread 2014-01-29, 10:45 AM   #208
icemangsr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 264
Likes (Received): 419
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 10

18 hours to paint a stripe?
"The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." - Soichiro Honda.
Wife had abs like Paula Patton

icemangsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-01-31, 12:30 AM   #209
TheRoach

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 29
Thanks (Received): 34
Likes (Given): 76
Likes (Received): 163
Dislikes (Given): 30
Dislikes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemangsr View Post
18 hours to paint a stripe?
Includes dry time lol
Unread 2014-01-31, 02:37 AM   #210
MountainDew

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 282
Thanks (Received): 169
Likes (Given): 387
Likes (Received): 801
Dislikes (Given): 344
Dislikes (Received): 87

Good thing they did away with that labor intensive stripe then!
Unread 2014-01-31, 04:23 AM   #211
YourWorstNightmare

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 104
Likes (Given): 1032
Likes (Received): 639
Dislikes (Received): 19

I Looooooove that Orange TA model.

Holy fuck YES.
YourWorstNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-01-31, 12:15 PM   #212
Sylva
Harry Potter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 142
Thanks (Received): 328
Likes (Given): 1573
Likes (Received): 1974
Dislikes (Given): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWorstNightmare View Post
I Looooooove that Orange TA model.

Holy fuck YES.
This.

www.truenutrition.com discount code rys241 for 5% off all orders!
Sylva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-01-31, 03:11 PM   #213
shaun y
Mr 49er

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 164
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 3406
Likes (Received): 1008
Dislikes (Given): 187
Dislikes (Received): 144

i still haven't grown to like the headlights, at all.
Unread 2014-01-31, 03:41 PM   #214
MountainDew

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 282
Thanks (Received): 169
Likes (Given): 387
Likes (Received): 801
Dislikes (Given): 344
Dislikes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun y View Post
i still haven't grown to like the headlights, at all.
They aren't too bad. The rear end looks really good though.

I've never liked Vipers at all, actually always kind of hated them for some reason.

However this new TA one is absolute sickness.
Unread 2014-02-04, 06:53 PM   #215
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

SRT CEO says there are no plans for an entry-level Viper or automatic transmissions

Viper will remain special

SRT CEO Ralph Gilles has dismissed the possibility of mainstream versions of the Viper.
Speaking to Edmunds, Gilles said the company isn't interested in an automatic transmissions because "that is not what the Viper is about." He concedes a growing number of sports cars are using dual-clutch transmissions but notes "The people who buy [Vipers] relish the manual, they relish the driver's car, the raw connections to the vehicle."
While Gilles pushed the benefits of manual transmissions, he also revealed there is one key reason the Viper doesn't have an automatic - packaging. As he explained, "There is nothing that we have or out there that fits."
The executive also downplayed the possibility of an entry-level Viper with the company's 6.4-liter Hemi V8 engine. According to Gilles, "We have no interest in becoming a Corvette because what is unique about the Viper is that engine is in nothing else.

Unread 2014-02-05, 12:05 AM   #216
RPOlt4

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 32
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 162
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 7

The more I read about the Viper, the more I like it. Being a Corvette enthusiast myself, I can't help but like this car. The one odd thing, is that the more they refine the Corvette, the more I like the viper. In a recent article on Autoblog, Gilles made a comment about how they are not making a disposable device. This statement threw the Corvette community up in arms. But in there defensiveness, they completely los the comprhension of what Gilles was saying. The line before that was that SRT is building a custom show car that you can own.

If I had the money, the choice between a ZR1, or the upcoming Z06, or the Viper would be a tough choice. I think the C7 Z06 is going to be quicker around the track than the TA, but that V10 NA engine, and the brass balls the Viper brings to the table would be hard to resist. Not to mention that being a C4 owner, I gotta love the clamshell hood. Corvette should still have that.
RPOlt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-02-05, 10:40 AM   #217
AUR11

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 31
Likes (Given): 47
Likes (Received): 272
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 9

Meh, I'd still take a GTR over this or a c7.
Unread 2014-02-05, 11:34 AM   #218
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 86
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 348
Likes (Received): 207
Dislikes (Received): 3

auto in a viper,lmao....to even silently think that in your own mind is wrong on every level..

Street & Racing Technology
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-02-05, 11:57 AM   #219
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 84
Likes (Received): 347
Dislikes (Given): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUR11 View Post
Meh, I'd still take a GTR over this or a c7.
you trippin bro
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-02-05, 12:14 PM   #220
YourWorstNightmare

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 104
Likes (Given): 1032
Likes (Received): 639

Absolutely AWESOME that it's retaining a true manual gearbox.

I loooooooove rowin' gears.

If I had the coin, I'd absolutely own one of these over a GTR.

YourWorstNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-02-05, 01:23 PM   #221
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWorstNightmare View Post
Absolutely AWESOME that it's retaining a true manual gearbox.

I loooooooove rowin' gears.

If I had the coin, I'd absolutely own one of these over a GTR.

^^This.^^ imo the viper is sexier,faster,and not having a slush box is just an added bonus.
And if you harness the power correctly your likely to be a better driver than you would be with an exotic car.
typing on phone......

Last edited by torqueburner; 2014-02-05 at 03:12 PM..
Unread 2014-02-05, 02:18 PM   #222
4drTurbo

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 43
Likes (Given): 516
Likes (Received): 119
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueburner View Post
^^This.^^ imo the viper is sexier,faster,and having only a slush box is just an added bonus.
And if you harness the power correctly your likely to be a better driver than you would be with an exotic car.
Umm a slush box is an automatic transmission.
4drTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-02-05, 02:34 PM   #223
AUR11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher View Post
you trippin bro
Why? It out performs them both and is practical enough to drive daily, even in winter.
Unread 2014-02-05, 03:11 PM   #224
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUR11 View Post
Why? It out performs them both and is practical enough to drive daily, even in winter.
Maybe for your everyday car guy but that's because he's relying on all the "gadgets" to drive the car for him.
You turn off all that stuff and I believe it would be the viper/vette everytime.
And your right as far as winter,but lets face it a true sport car or super car isn't very fun to drive in snow/freezing temps,awd or not.

Last edited by torqueburner; 2014-02-05 at 03:39 PM..
Unread 2014-02-05, 04:54 PM   #225
AUR11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueburner View Post
Maybe for your everyday car guy but that's because he's relying on all the "gadgets" to drive the car for him.
You turn off all that stuff and I believe it would be the viper/vette everytime.
And your right as far as winter,but lets face it a true sport car or super car isn't very fun to drive in snow/freezing temps,awd or not.
Actually you are totally incorrect on that. It would not be Viper or Vette ever in comparison for performance. The GTR has awd, so with everything turned off would still be faster everytime due to not having traction limitations. And there are plenty of reviews out there stating how well the GTR drives in the snow. The GTR does not rely on "gadgets" to drive the car, to launch the car you hold down the brake and rev up the engine to 4k rpm's and let off the brake, how is that any different than launching any car with a high stall torque converter?

Tags
dodge, rip, viper