Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2017-02-15, 06:44 PM   #26
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 207
Thanks (Received): 252
Likes (Given): 2471
Likes (Received): 1661
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47

One of the things I love about my e30 and my 2000 civic hatch. Tiny little things; I can fit me in my pocket!
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-02-15, 09:22 PM   #27
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 1308
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
Yep. Having a truck is great; both trucks I've owned were super useful and I am on and off considering buying another. I would never get a full size nowadays though; having a truck that big is so limiting in where you can go and park. Hell, I think the Colorado and Tacoma are too big nowadays.
What you need is one of the smaller Tacomas' like this one.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/6000374894.htm
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Keboh liked this post
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-02-15, 09:58 PM   #28
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like

If it were manual, 4x4, and a 4cyl, I'd be on my way right now!
Unread 2017-02-16, 04:39 AM   #29
maynardDRIVESfast

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 40
Thanks (Received): 43
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 269
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 3

Yeah, I'm kind of regretting my f150 purchase now. After owning it for a year and a half, I've come to the realization that it's more truck than I need. Don't get me wrong, it's super comfy and roomy, but I don't take advantage of its towing capacity, and now everyone wants me to help them move. I think I'll most likely dump my truck next year. I'm hopefully getting the golf r I've had my eyes on, and the wife wants an audi q5, so we'll have no use for it anymore.
Unread 2017-02-16, 10:10 AM   #30
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 42
Thanks (Received): 110
Likes (Given): 655
Likes (Received): 783
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
Some people just don't want the larger truck even if they are close in price.
Exactly, working downtown and the small parking lots at some of our schools. I loved having a midsize truck compared to my full size truck co-workers. Some of the schools I'd park and then have to wait for them to finish parking.

And maybe I'm missing something, but I've never understood the argument that a few more dollars gets you a fullsize. When ever I look at prices thats comparing the price of a fully loaded midsized truck to a base model or barely optioned full sized truck. Seems like a similarly optioned Silverado is ~10k more than a Colorado.
freekwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-05-01, 02:07 PM   #31
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Spied: 2019 Ford Ranger

Ford's new midsize pickup was spotted in Colorado.
When Ford announced last year that the Ranger would return to America, speculation began in earnest as to the size, shape and overall approach the pickup would take. Well, here's our first look.

Ford's new midsize truck was spotted in Colorado, wearing what was essentially just skin-deep camouflage. Frankly, this prompts more questions than it answers, as what we're seeing is obviously just a ROW model with some vinyl wrap and what appears to be a hacked-up front bumper.

Under that is a body that is obviously catered to non-U.S. tastes. It's very car-like for a body-on-frame pickup, sporting cues that wouldn't be out of place on a Honda Ridgeline. Whether that has any bearing on the final design is anybody's guess at this point.

Since we have no idea what styling direction Ford will take with the new Ranger, we're hesitant to draw any conclusions from what is very likely a simple powertrain mule.

On that front, we're expecting the Ranger will boast a range of EcoBoost engine options, perhaps alongside a naturally-aspirated V6 and a small-displacement diesel. We'll share what we learn as we learn it.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-13, 01:44 PM   #32
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Ford Ranger spy shots

2019 Ford Ranger spy shots - Image via CarAdvice
Enlarge Photo
Fordís bringing back the Ranger for the 2019 model year, and a prototype for the new mid-size pickup truck has just been spotted.
The photo, and others like it, was posted by CarAdvice and comes just a day after we saw photos of a high-performance off-road variant tipped to use the Raptor name.
The prototypes were spotted in Australia where most of the development is taking place.
The new Ranger is more of an extensive update of the current Ranger thatís been offered globally since 2011 rather than a true next-generation design. The version depicted here is a global model. The Ranger destined for the United States is expected to differ slightly, both mechanically and visually, though the size and shape should remain much the same.
2018 Ford Everest spy shots - Image via CarAdvice
Enlarge Photo
The new Ranger is based on Fordís T6 body-on-frame platform which underpins the current Ranger as well as an SUV derivative dubbed the Everest. Ford engineers are working on an updated Everest alongside the new Ranger.
Weíll also get an SUV derivative of the new Ranger for the 2020 model year. Itís set to revive the Bronco nameplate, though itís unclear whether the vehicle will be a separate model or a version of the Everest.
Itís too early to talk powertrains but we know the current Ranger is offered with a pair of diesels: a 2.2-liter inline-4 with 158 horsepower and 284 pound-feet of torque and a 3.2-liter inline-5 with 197 hp and 346 lb-ft. Itís likely U.S.-spec Rangers will offer gasoline mills, though a torquey, fuel-sipping diesel would be nice to see on the options list.
Production of the new Ranger and Bronco for North America will take place at Fordís plant in Wayne, Michigan. Potential rivals for the pickup include the Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, Honda Ridgeline, Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma.

Unread 2017-06-26, 03:59 PM   #33
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

It Looks Like Ford Is Making A Ranger Raptor

Photos credit Brian Williams/SpiedBilde
Weíve known since the beginning of the year that thereís going to, finally, be a new Ford Ranger coming to the U.S. market by 2019. The Ranger has been alive and well overseas, but thatís not the one that will be coming here. Weíll be getting an all-new Ranger, and, based on what we can tell from these spy photos, there will be a Raptor version of the Ranger as well.

The Ranger is a smaller truck than the F-150, which should likely only help it in Raptorized form, though a modern mid-sized truck is still a pretty substantial beast.

Though heavily disguised, you can easily see the massive fender flares, short overhangs, and what looks like a skid plate under there that gives away that this is likely the Raptor version of the Ranger.

While we believe this is the U.S.-spec Ranger, it does seem to be right-hand-drive, suggesting that this version of the Ranger will make it to other markets, like Australia, that glorious RHD world where the Ranger is still sold.

The Ranger Raptor is expected to have the 2.7-liter Ecoboost and 10-speed transmission from the F-150, which keeps it a notch below the F-150 Raptorís 3.5-liter V6 Ecoboost.
Advertisement

That 2.7-liter engine makes 325 horsepower in the F-150, but it may get a bump in Ranger Raptor context.

The proportions look pretty good, but Iím eager to see it next to an F-150 to get a better sense of the size. Itís not yet known if the production version will offer the fetching op-art dot-spheres wrap as an option like this test truck is wearing, but I wouldnít hold my breath.

Unread 2017-07-19, 10:29 AM   #34
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2020 Ford Bronco To Get 325 HP 2.7L EcoBoost V6 According To Report

The Ford Motor Company is a year away from putting the 2019 Ranger into production at its Michigan Assembly Plant. After the mid-size pickup, the 2020 Bronco will follow with 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 power and Troller T4-inspired looks, apparently.

Gear Patrol had a talk with an engineer close to the Bronco development team, claiming that the engine in the Fusion Sport is a befitting choice for the mid-size sport utility vehicle. From the intimate details shared by the engineer, one highlight is that Ford is using the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited as the benchmark vehicle. Except for rock crawling, the Blue Oval wants the all-new Bronco to be able to hold its own when the going gets rough.

The reason why rock crawling isnít a priority for Ford stems from the aluminum-intensive platform of the Bronco, a body-on-frame architecture derived from the Ranger. Despite this limitation, the source assured Gear Patrol that the newcomer would meet water wading depth requirements of 500 millimeters (19.7 inches). Enthusiasts expecting a Raptor-ified Bronco shouldnít jump for joy for such a model is ďnot even in the works yet.Ē

One detail that might seem a bit deviant for a vehicle of this type is the possibility of ďa hybrid versionWe all know the F-150 will rock down this route in a few yearsí time, but such a powertrain doesn't make sense in the case of an adventure- and lifestyle-oriented vehicle the Bronco intends to be. Iíd be mightily happy if the Ford Motor Company would prove me wrong.

At the present moment, the unnamed Ford engineer claims the Bronco is in the third design phase. ďIf youíre familiar with the Troller (pictured), out of Brazil, thatís the basic concept, but itíll look like a four-door version of that.Ē The automaker apparently doesnít have plans on offering a two-door model because ďthereís just no market for it.Ē Reading between the lines, competition from Jeep is stiff, and Ford is playing it safe.

In a bid to steal some customers away from Jeep's Wrangler, the Bronco is expected to gain a removable modular roof. The setup, apparently, consists of three separate sections. Allegedly, only the top sections are removable.

Unread 2017-07-26, 10:40 AM   #35
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Ford Ranger Could Be Offered With Three Different Engines

@media(min-width: 300px) { .example_responsive_5 { width: 336px; height: 280px; text-align: center;} }
Ford is finally bringing the Ranger back to North America and new details are starting to emerge about the upcoming model.

Set to arrive in 2019, the Ranger will slot below the F-150 and tackle the popular Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, and Toyota Tacoma.

Ford has already confirmed the truck will ride on a body-on-frame platform but the company has been tight-lipped on further specifics.

However, Motor Trend is reporting the model could be offered with a variety of different engines including a naturally aspirated 2.5-liter four-cylinder that develops more than 175 hp (130 kW) and 175 lb-ft (237 Nm) of torque. There are also rumors about a 3.3-liter V6 engine sourced from the 2018 F-150 where it develops 290 hp (216 kW) and 265 lb-ft (358 Nm) of torque. The report also suggests the possibly of a third engine which may be a diesel or an EcoBoost variant.

Nothing is official as of yet but the report says the Ranger will likely be available in both SuperCab and SuperCrew configurations with prices starting in the low $20,000 range. Higher-end variants could come equipped with an assortment of luxury-oriented features including LED headlights, heated/ventilated front seats, and an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system.

Unread 2017-08-15, 11:14 AM   #36
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Ford Ranger ďRaptorĒ Spied Again Hiding Special Chassis Bits

Ford might rule the full-size truck world in the United States, but it has a gap the size of a small pickup in its lineup. Thatís about to change, as Ford announced that it is finally bringing back the Ranger, along with the super-hyped Bronco SUV, to the land of 50 states. Dearbornís former sales monster will return to a revitalized segment to compete against new players like the Honda Ridgeline and renewed Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon (not to mention an old foe, the Toyota Tacoma).
Ford already is looking one level up to the Colorado ZR2 and the Tacoma TRD Pro, special off-road versions of the aforementioned. Our spy photographers have caught a beefier Ranger test vehicle in action, and its parts paint a picture that looks awfully similar to that of a shrunken F-150 Raptor.
This is not the first time weíve seen a Ranger prototype with these bits, but this time the photographer got so close that the engineer minding the truck actually threatened to fight him (thatís not the first time a prototype driver has gotten testy, and surely wonít be the last).

As in those earlier photos, this Ranger wears thick, knobby 285/70R-17 BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA tires around blacked-out versions of the 17-inch cast aluminum wheels seen on the F-150 Raptor. It also was lifted higher, had wider fenders, sat on bigger shocks, and showed a resculpted nose. Interestingly, the underbody was covered to hide whatever Fordís cooking upóskidplates for off-road protection? Long-travel suspension like that on the Raptor?

Although weíre expecting the Ranger to debut with an EcoBoost four-cylinder and possibly a naturally aspirated V-6, thereís also a chance the Ranger would bring a diesel into the mix. According to our photographer, this prototype had the grumble of a diesel, which would help align it with the diesel-powered Colorado. Or it could simply be an engine from and for other markets around the world.
Though we called this the Ranger ďRaptorĒ in our headline, that name is more a placeholder until we get details about the real name; Ford could use the FX4 tag weíve seen on some of Fordís less-extreme off-road packages. Either way, weíre excited. This off-road Ranger will likely arrive shortly after the base car does in 2019 for the 2020 model year.

Unread 2017-09-07, 11:18 AM   #37
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSgsWjmxt4

Ford confirms Ranger Raptor for 2018 [Video]

Ford's Australian division has spilled the beans.
Ford's Australian arm has confirmed that the company will produce an off-road-oriented Raptor version of its all-new Ranger mid-size pickup truck.

The subject of rumors for the better part of two years, Ford Australia confirmed this week that a Ranger Raptor model will launch "across Asia Pacific" sometime in 2018. Given the success of the larger F-150 Raptor and the Ranger's long-awaited return to the United States market, we'd be shocked if the Raptor didn't appear in dealers nationwide here.
No technical specs were given and the prototype truck in Ford's teaser video remains cloaked in camouflage, but it's easy to see that the Ranger Raptor will enjoy the same kind of off-road hardware baked into the F-150 Raptor. As for powertrain, we're expecting an EcoBoost V6 with as much as 400 horsepower hooked to a 10-speed automatic transmission. It remains unknown, however, if Ford will go with its 3.5L V6 or its smaller 2.7L V6.
The regular version of the Ranger is slated to enter production at Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant next year, so we shouldn't have to wait long for the hoped-up Raptor model.

Unread 2017-09-07, 11:45 AM   #38
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like

Yassss! I love the Raptor, a smaller variant that is a reasonable size on the street is very appealing.
Unread 2017-09-14, 02:56 PM   #39
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

In Kansas

Unread 2017-09-14, 03:46 PM   #40
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 179
Likes (Received): 216
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
In Kansas

So much confusion, no camo whatsoever, no manufacturer plates, and tinted windows plus decals on the back window???
Unread 2017-09-14, 04:01 PM   #41
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosM3 View Post
So much confusion, no camo whatsoever, no manufacturer plates, and tinted windows plus decals on the back window???
looks like an SVT tag on the vent on the front fender too
Unread 2017-09-14, 04:04 PM   #42
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

So someone in the spotters group ID'd the tag (it's just the Mexico only Ranger)

Unread 2017-09-14, 04:56 PM   #43
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 84
Likes (Received): 347
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 19

ewwww that ranger in the photos looks like shit
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-09-27, 02:20 PM   #44
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Ford Ranger spy shots and video

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sszoyUc2mVw

Fordís bringing back the Ranger for the 2019 model year, and prototypes for the new mid-size pickup truck have been spotted.
The design is a familiar one as the 2019 Ranger will actually be an extensive update of the current Ranger thatís been offered globally since the start of the decade, as opposed to a true next-generation design.
The 2019 Ranger shown here is the version destined for the United States. It is expected to differ slightly, both mechanically and visually, to versions sold overseas. The size and shape should be common, however.

The 2019 Ranger is based on a body-on-frame platform code-named the T6. It underpins the current Ranger as well as an SUV derivative dubbed the Everest. Ford engineers are working on an updated Everest alongside the new Ranger, with most of the development being handled by Ford's Australian outpost.
The U.S. will also get an SUV derivative of the 2019 Ranger for the 2020 model year. The SUV is set to revive the Bronco nameplate, though itís unclear whether the vehicle will be a separate model or simply a version of the Everest.
Itís too early to talk powertrains but we know the current Ranger is offered with a pair of diesels: a 2.2-liter inline-4 with 158 horsepower and 284 pound-feet of torque and a 3.2-liter inline-5 with 197 hp and 346 lb-ft. Itís likely the 2019 Ranger will offer gasoline mills in the U.S., though a torquey, fuel-sipping diesel would be nice to see on the options list.

Ford Ranger Raptor prototype

Interestingly, Ford is cooking up a Ranger Raptor. The automaker is holding back details since development is ongoing but a likely bet for the powertrain is a detuned version of the F-150 Raptorís 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V-6. No word yet if weíll see the Ranger Raptor in the U.S.
Production of the Ranger and Bronco for North America will take place at Fordís plant in Wayne, Michigan.
Look for a debut of the 2019 Ranger in early 2018. Potential rivals include the Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, Honda Ridgeline, Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma.

Unread 2017-09-27, 03:25 PM   #45
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 179
Likes (Received): 216
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 6

I would like to state now that there is zero chance of a 3.5 Ecoboost in the SVT Ranger!

Now a 2.7 Ecoboost SVT Ranger seems plausible, and would own the market...
Unread 2017-10-02, 09:32 AM   #46
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Australia's Ford Ranger Raptor Will Be Powered By Twin-Turbo Diesel

Is this a preview for what will (hopefully) come to America?
Last month Ford Australia confirmed it was hard at work developing a hardcore off-road Ranger Raptor that will debut Down Under in 2018 as an early 2019 model. We also know that in 2019, the US-spec Ranger will debut, so we took notice when Australiaís The Motor Report announced this: its Ranger Raptor will be powered by a 2.0-liter twin-turbo four-cylinder diesel. This engine will be an updated version of an existing one and will likely be offered, though with a lower output, in the rest of the Ranger lineup sometime post-2019.

Speaking of output, Ford is keeping quiet on this subject for the time being, but sources are estimating an output of at least 200 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. As we also reported earlier, thereís a very good chance this engine will be paired with Fordís all-new 10-speed automatic transmission, which was jointly developed with GM. Whatís for sure is that Ford Australia is serious about the Ranger Raptorís off-road capabilities. As evidenced by a previously released video, Ford is literally beating the crap out of advanced prototypes in Australiaís cruel and demanding Outback. So, what does this all mean for America? Well, a few things.

One, the eventual US market Ranger Raptor will already have proven itself off-road (see above), and two, Ford could very well continue with a somewhat unconventional powertrain. Then again, the already on sale Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 can be had with a turbocharged inline-four diesel, so thereís market precedent and consumer acceptance. In any case, weíre excited for what Ford has planned with its US Ranger mid-size pickup truck revival. The Ranger Raptor will be icing on the cake.

Unread 2017-11-08, 02:05 PM   #47
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Take A Sneak Peek At The New Ford Ranger's Grille

While itís been confirmed Ford will finally make an all-new Ranger for the American market, weíve yet to see what the U.S.-spec version of the truck will look like. We know itís not the same as the one the rest of the world gets, but now we have what may be our first clue.

These pictures come from someone at a shop who told us theyíd been molding and painting the new Rangerís grille bezels, and the images seem pretty legitimate; it would take a lot of work for a pretty dubious reward to try and physically fake something like this and these donít appear to be any sort of Photoshop fakery.

While this alleged new Ranger bezel appears to keep the same general design as the global Ranger, there are some significant differences.

While both grilles have the same essential elongated hexagonal shape, the new Ranger grille seems to add some tiny lower sides to become more of an elongated octagon, and the bezel is much thinner overall.
We donít see any interior pieces, so itís not clear if the current Rangerís floating central grille bar will be maintained, but the lack of a more pronounced upper-middle bezel section or a lower bezel-joined horizontal bar suggest that a new design may be coming.
Also, this bezel does not continue into a central metallic bumper section as the old one does.
Itís not a lot to go on, but itís something, and it seems to suggest that at least some of the fundamental design inspiration for the new Ranger will be pulled from the global Rangerís design.
Maybe weíll get to see more early painted-plastic parts coming soon to give us a better idea? Weíll keep our collective eyeballs peeled.

Unread 2017-11-16, 03:41 PM   #48
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Please God, Let The Ford Ranger Raptor Bless America Soon

And it needs to look like this.
We know itís coming to Australia. The Ford Ranger, dead in the US since 2011, will return here in 2019 and, hopefully not long after that, the off-road Raptor spec will make an appearance. Ford has already announced the Ranger Raptor will debut very soon in Australia, so thereís a very good chance itíll come stateside as well. Ford hasnít confirmed this yet, but based on the success of the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2, itíd be a dumb decision not to have a US market Ranger Raptor.

And fortunately, we already have a decent idea what itíll look like thanks to the Ford-produced preview video for Australia. The crew at Rangr5G Forum sent us these new renderings based on that camouflaged Ranger Raptor seen in the video. Obviously the camo has been peeled away to show what final product may look like. To us, this thing looks perfect. If the final production truck looks like this, or something close to it, then weíll be thrilled. Other than body colors, the other major difference these renderings show are the hood vents, meaning whether or not the production truck will have them. It could depend on which engine is under the hood. And speaking of which, we donít have answer to that question either.

Will it be a diesel or gas-powered? Turbo or not turbo? For the Australian Ranger Raptor, a 10-speed automatic transmission is expected. But we trust Ford will get the engine-gearbox combo right. We wouldnít be surprised to see Ford officially announce, or even reveal, the US market Ranger Raptor at around the same time the standard Ranger lineup is shown. We expect the latter to happen next year, possibly at Detroit in January.