Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2011-09-22, 10:39 PM   #1
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like
Default Report: BMW X4 F26 Confirmed For Production by BMW CEO

We have already heard many rumors about this model and this time, the highly anticipated BMW X4 comes back in public attention. In an interview with German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, Norbert Reithofer, BMW CEO, goes on record about the upcoming X4 which will be built under the internal codename F26, so the X4 will hit the market pretty soon.
According to the German report, the CEO says the BMW X4 will be approximately 4.65 metre long and feature a similar design layout to the BMW X6, so it might be pretty similar with the renderings published two months ago (you can see the in the photo gallery below).
As for the technical aspects, official details are yet to be announced, but according to some rumors, the new BMW X4 is expected to come with the same powertrain options as seen in the BMW X3, including both four and six-cylinder petrol and gasoline engines. Beside this, all models are also expected to feature the AWD X-drive technology, along with the stop / start system.
While some rumors indicates that beside this model an X3M, an X4M is also on the way, the new BMW X4 is said to be lined up for a launch some time in 2014.
Note: The image above is a rendering, an artist interpretation. The final model might look totally different.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-09-22, 11:36 PM   #2
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 403
Thanks (Received): 363
Likes (Given): 4984
Likes (Received): 2124
Dislikes (Given): 123
Dislikes (Received): 174

I'll copypasta my comment from the BMWBlog website: "Looks like a baby X6. As much as I want to hate it, I just can't."

I've been one of the biggest advocates for BMW to stop branching out with their damn nomenclature. However, for some reason, I like this SAV.
Unread 2011-09-23, 02:18 AM   #3
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3831
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

a baby X6!!!!

but FUCK! it comes out right after im supposed to leave Germany

i cant hold out that long on a bimmer im afraid. trying desparately to convince the wifey on the 1 series but she just isnt going for it.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-09-23, 03:50 AM   #4
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 403
Thanks (Received): 363
Likes (Given): 4984
Likes (Received): 2124
Dislikes (Given): 123
Dislikes (Received): 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
a baby X6!!!!

but FUCK! it comes out right after im supposed to leave Germany

i cant hold out that long on a bimmer im afraid. trying desparately to convince the wifey on the 1 series but she just isnt going for it.
Can't blame her. As much as I love the 1er too, it just isn't practical. I'm hoping we'll be in a spot financially to be able to get an F30 335i next Spring/Summer. You can bet your ass I'll be doing European Delivery too!

Maybe by the time this X4 is out, we can add it to the stable alongside the 335i.
Unread 2011-09-23, 07:15 AM   #5
Pfreaky

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 140
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 2

My one real complaint with these cars: They have no fucking trunk space. At least not compared to a typical suv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R|M|D Photography View Post
Get the fuck over it and go ice your balls.
Pfreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-09-23, 08:04 AM   #6
tommygun
"I've had better"

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 209
Likes (Given): 164
Likes (Received): 1354
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29

the downfall of BMW has begun

tommygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-09-23, 10:39 AM   #7
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUweatherman View Post
Can't blame her. As much as I love the 1er too, it just isn't practical. I'm hoping we'll be in a spot financially to be able to get an F30 335i next Spring/Summer. You can bet your ass I'll be doing European Delivery too!

Maybe by the time this X4 is out, we can add it to the stable alongside the 335i.
I dont know, i think they are for what it would be used for.

It would be my daily driver and she still has the Lincoln LS for her daily/family car. And the GTi will stay as a fun car/project car.

I can get a 135i for 29k, if i went up to a 335i it would take me to 34 or 35k iirc...

....a 1M would be 44k for me btw. lol
Unread 2011-09-23, 10:41 AM   #8
Just Is

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 82
Thanks (Received): 68
Likes (Given): 449
Likes (Received): 560
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 11

hey look, a BMW.
Unread 2011-09-23, 10:42 AM   #9
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

1M production should be done soon (coming out of the same plant as the 3) and the F models are coming

Unread 2011-09-23, 10:44 AM   #10
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
1M production should be done soon (coming out of the same plant as the 3) and the F models are coming
Per the BMW military sales rep over, we are getting the 1M as part of the military sales starting in NOV and BMW has committed to filling all orders that come in for them.

Unread 2011-09-23, 10:48 AM   #11
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

ah, that's why I got the email

Unread 2011-09-23, 11:11 AM   #12
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 181
Likes (Received): 217
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 6

BMW has gone from one of the best name systems for their model lineup to one of the most confusing... to many names is a bad thing, simplify the names even if you want to offer more models. X3,X4,X5,X6 (which should actually be between the X4 and X5 based on size?) You really need a compact, mid, and full SUV... not 4 that still doesn't reach a true full size...
Unread 2011-09-23, 01:12 PM   #13
Rmac

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 27
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1

It reminds me of that Pontiac thing..
Rmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 09:37 PM   #14
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

New 2018 BMW X4 fully unveiled!

The second generation G02 BMW X4 has just been spotted fully unveiled on US soil. South Carolina-based spy photographer Palbay has outdone himself giving us Ö

The second generation G02 BMW X4 has just been spotted fully unveiled on US soil. South Carolina-based spy photographer Palbay has outdone himself giving us an early look at the design of the new X4. The spy shots are somewhat unusual since the prototype has no camouflage and itís out in the open ahead of the start of communication.
The front-end of the G02 X4 is clearly inspired by the recently unveiled X3, with slimmer headlights, a more upright nose and a massive kidney grille. The bottom section of the bumper is dominated by a large center opening, likely specific to an M Performance model, as well by large air intakes with a chrome bar running horizontally.

The biggest change in the design of the X4 can be observed from the side and rear. The new X4 has a more swooping roofline than the current generation, accentuating its coupe cues, while the rear now features slim taillights that wrap around the body. Some could argue that the taillights take design cues from the Mercedes-Benz GLC-Coupe.

As far as powertrain options, the X4 will come with the very same options as the X3. So expect four-cylinder option as standard, a gasoline six-cylinder M Performance option and a plug-in hybrid option as well. And as you can see in these shots, another M Performance Automobile X4 is being scheduled for production as well Ė the X4 M40d. The new high-performance diesel is likely delivering a bit more than 300 horsepower from the new quad-turbo six-cylinder unit.

Unread 2018-02-14, 09:48 AM   #15
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

2019 BMW X4 gets bigger, faster and stronger

Sounds like the next X4 could gain a more premium feel, inside and out

The answer to the question nobody asked is back again, with BMW set to launch the second generation of its X4 crossover. Dubbed a Sports Activity Vehicle by BMW, the original X4 received surprisingly good reviews, with solid engineering underpinning its junior X6 liftback styling. BMW has shipped 200,000 X4s since its 2014 launch, which isn't bad for a bonus SUV/crossover off the X3's solid underpinnings.

Effectively a more design-focused version of the X3 SUV, the second generation X4 will be bigger than the original, growing 3.2 inches to measure 187 inches from bumper to bumper. It should also be bigger inside, with a 2.1-inch stretch in the wheelbase to 113. BMW has added an inch and a half to the overall width, as well. It's roughly the same height as before (just 0.1-inch lower than the predecessor at the 64-inch roofline), but the overall theme is a more mature overall design, adopting the slightly hexagonal wheel arches of its larger siblings.

The reborn X4 also comes with an optional 2.2-inch touchscreen display on the car key ó great for showing off to casual acquaintances at the coffee shop. A technology that made its debut on the 7 Series, the key can be used to lock and unlock the car, close or open its windows or crank up the heating whenever it's not being used for an ostentatious display.

When the next X4 arrives in October, it will do so with an array of powertrains, starting (at least in Europe) in xDrive 20i guise with a 2.0-liter, four-cylinder producing 181 horsepower and all-wheel drive. It will top out with petrol and diesel versions wearing an M40 badge. The quickest of them, just, will be the X4 M40i, with its gasoline-fueled and turbocharged inline six's 355 horsepower and 369-pound-foot pushing it to 62 miles per hour in 4.8 seconds.

Like its predecessor, the M40i uses the same N55-coded engine as the M2, with the only significant change being a different oil system (on the assumption that it will see less track time than the little coupe). It has the same power and torque outputs as its predecessor, too, but somehow manages a tenth of a second improvement to 62 mph, while being limited to the same 155-mph top speed.

BMW has yet to declare a weight for its fastest X4, but it's sharing the same architecture as the critically acclaimed new X3, so it could be up to 110 pounds lighter than its 4,056-pound predecessor. It's also supposed to be 10 percent better in aerodynamic efficiency, pulling the coefficient of drag down to 0.30, which BMW claims is class leading.

The turbodiesel M40d won't be a slouch, either, covering the same acceleration run in 4.9 seconds ó just 0.1 second slower than the petrol-powered version. A far bigger difference between the two is the fuel consumption. The M40i uses 9.0 liters/100km on the NEDC cycle (a tenth of a liter worse than its predecessor), while the M40d pulls that down to 5.4 liters/100km. While those numbers won't easily convert to anything resembling a U.S. mpg rating, it's easy to see how much more efficient the diesel will be. In Europe, BMW will launch the xDrive25d as the next-step diesel version. A third diesel wearing an xDrive30d badge will arrive later.

They are particularly techy things, with the gas variants using twin-scroll turbochargers, direct fuel injection, variable valve timing and lift and variable camshaft control. There are even particulate filters, even for the petrol engines. For the diesels, oil squashers squirt the fuel into the combustion chambers at up to 36,000 PSI of pressure to help them meet EU6 emissions regulations, along with an oxidation catalyst, an NOx absorption catalyst, an SCR catalyst, AdBlue injection and a particulate filter.

Here in the States, we wouldn't be surprised to see BMW carry over the previous X4's xDrive28i and X4 M40i monikers. If that's the case, the base engine would be a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder making 240 horsepower, and the upgrade would be a big one that brings with it a turbo'd 3.0-liter inline six spinning out 355 horsepower. We'll have to wait and see if BMW is able to upgrade these powerplants for the new generation X4.

All of the powertrains use all-wheel drive (eschewing the trend of front- or rear-wheel-drive entry models), and all of them use eight-speed automatic transmissions. Added to that, everything beyond the entry-level models will have launch control (for some reason) and they can all switch between Sport, Comfort and Eco Pro modes. BMW adds a sharper Sport+ mode to the six-cylinder models.

The major criticisms we had of the 2014 X4 were its limited rear headroom and, especially, the obvious cost-cutting and cheap materials used in oddly conspicuous places around the cabin. The luggage area retains its 18.5-cubic-foot capacity, though it can rise to 50.5 cubes if the 40:20:40 split rear seat is folded flat, either from the seat or remotely from the cargo area. Drivers can also individually adjust the three backrest angles to manage odd cargo sizes.

The front seats have been redesigned, though BMW has not mentioned any updates to the X4's particularly flat and uncomfortable rear seats, except to say its passengers now have a bit more knee and leg room. It has added knee pads on the both sides of the centre console for the front seats, six mood-lighting interior colors and what it claims to be "more premium" materials throughout. There's a bunch of interior options, too, including active ventilation, three-zone climate control (complete with a choice of eight scents) and a large two-piece glass roof.

The new X4 also scores a built-in SIM card and BMW's latest generation iDrive for the infotainment system. That system is now based around a 6.5-inch display atop the dashboard, while an optional navigation setup pushes that out to 10.25 inches and adds a touchscreen function. There have been steps forward in the voice-control system to allow more real-world questions, plus a gesture-control option, while the X4's optional head-up display is 70 percent larger and now is much clearer, with 400 x 800 pixel resolution. Connectivity options include both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, while drivers can choose which interface to use on its Open Mobility Cloud platform. It encompasses everything from the Apple Watch to smartphones to Amazon Alexa or Google Home voice-controlled personal assistants.

BMW has made LED headlights and taillights, twin exhaust tips and 19-inch alloys standard across the range. Here's hoping that adds up to a more premium-looking vehicle, and that the small improvements in interior space and materials makes it slightly more useable in day-to-day activities. We expect U.S. specs to come soon, so stay tuned for more.

Unread 2018-03-08, 10:30 AM   #16
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Stylish 2019 BMW X4 SUV Takes A Bow At Geneva

You canít blame BMW for capitalizing on the current coupe crossover craze.
Four years after the German automaker jumped on the coupe-style SUV bandwagon with the first-generation model, BMW recently unveiled the new second-generation X4 to capitalize on the current coupe crossover craze. Essentially a larger version of the X3 thatís lighter and more hi-tech than its predecessor, the all-new X4 has now made its global debut at the Geneva Motor Show, where it was on display finished in Flamenco Red and Sophisto Grey.

The latter, which you can see taking a bow at Geneva in our live shots, is fitted with an M Sport X Package with aggressive air intakes and side skirts that enhances the SUVís stylish looks. Compared to the outgoing model, BMWís new stylish SUV is 76.2 millimeters longer and 35.6 mm wider, and rides on a 53.3 mm longer wheelbase. Thanks to increase use of aluminium in the carís construction, the new X4 is also 110 pounds lighter than its predecessor. As standard, you get LED headlights and a raft of safety assists including front collision warning, city collision mitigation and braking, and pedestrian detection.

Inside, every model features a high resolution 10.25-inch infotainment display with touchscreen navigation. Electrically adjustable and heated seats are also available, as is active seat ventilation and three-zone climate control, and a larger panoramic glass roof. In the US, the xDrive30i version of the X4 packs a 2.0-liter turbo four that produces 252 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque, allowing the coupe crossover to clock 0-62 mph in 6.3 seconds and achieve a top speed of 149 mph. The more potent M40i performance model packs a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-six with 360 hp and 369 lb-ft, resulting in a brisker 0-62 mph time of 4.8 seconds and a 155-mph top speed.

The 2019 BMW X4 will arrive in US dealers this July with prices starting at $50,450 for the xDrive30i. Add another $10,000 to that if you want the M40i.

Unread 2018-03-27, 03:48 PM   #17
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

BMW X4 M Caught Testing On The NŁrburgring
The hardcore SUV will make its debut later in the year.

The BMW X4 is all-new for 2019. Wit a subtle redesign, a range of new engine options, and some added tech, the now-four-year-old option is even more significantly restyled for the latest model year. But even in its most powerful trim Ė the 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-six delivers 355 horsepower (265 kilowatts) and 365 pound-feet (495 Newton-meters) of torque Ė the X4 is no performance SUV.
Good news is, a more powerful version is coming. New spy photos show the X4 M testing on public roads, showing off its added performance cues. The images arenít any more revealing than the last, admittedly, but give us an idea of what to expect when the real thing finally hits dealerships in just a few months.
On the front end, thereís a larger air intake located alongside the lightly restyled bumper, and what appears to be production headlights. Larger wheels and tires, and a lower ride height further give away the X4 Mís sporty credentials. In the rear, a set of quad exhaust tips are the only significant updates over the standard model.
Of course, itís hard to make out most of the final details underneath all that camouflage. What we do know is that the new X4 M will be significantly more powerful than the current model. Rumor has it that an updated version of the 3.0-liter S55 six-cylinder engine found on cars like the M3 sedan and M4 coupe will carry over. In this application, it should be good for somewhere in the neighborhood of 470 to 475 horsepower (350 to 354 kilowatts).
The new BMW X4 will hit dealerships this July. Itís unclear when the hardcore M model will be shown, but we expect to see it sometime before the end of the year.