Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

KANSAS CITY STREET RACING
Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2021-02-28, 03:57 PM   #1
TWEETY
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gardner ks
Posts: 2,272
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 223
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default Biden has exceeded my expectations

I kinda thought it would take him at least a year to destroy America. He must have implemented his own version of Operation Warp Speed to completely destroy any chance of a fast return to economic recovery. Socialism is on the fast track due to the 1st and 2nd amendments coming under attack.

Curious now if any of you "kids" may be starting to have a mild case of buyers remorse? Or are you still totally brainwashed that "Orange man bad, Senile old pedo good"?
__________________
2006 Mustang GT, 10 psi, 488RWHP
TWEETY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-02-28, 05:09 PM   #2
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 13,581
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 497
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 4203
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125
Default

Mean tweets, bro. Mean tweets.
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-02-28, 05:41 PM   #3
TWEETY
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gardner ks
Posts: 2,272
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 223
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Oh yaaaeehh. I forgot about the hurt feelings over some mean tweets. lol Boo hoo
__________________
2006 Mustang GT, 10 psi, 488RWHP
TWEETY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-01, 03:50 AM   #4
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.
 
offensive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 49,706
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 295
Likes (Given): 26
Likes (Received): 1768
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 50
Default

https://twitter.com/BidenLs

My favorite account. this is my favorite 100 days. LUL
__________________
offensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-02, 08:52 AM   #5
69Mach351
 
69Mach351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NE KS
Posts: 8,623
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 271
Thanks (Received): 240
Likes (Given): 1836
Likes (Received): 1719
Dislikes (Given): 37
Dislikes (Received): 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEETY View Post
I kinda thought it would take him at least a year to destroy America. He must have implemented his own version of Operation Warp Speed to completely destroy any chance of a fast return to economic recovery. Socialism is on the fast track due to the 1st and 2nd amendments coming under attack.

Curious now if any of you "kids" may be starting to have a mild case of buyers remorse? Or are you still totally brainwashed that "Orange man bad, Senile old pedo good"?
There is a lot said here, with nothing to back it up, so what specifically has he done to attack the first and second amendments? What about bringing socialism to America?



I honestly don't know anyone that is excited Biden is POTUS. I think him winning the election speaks more to how polarizing DT is, than how good of a candidate Biden was. The right needs a portion of the moderates to be able to win, and I don't think that DT is the person to win them over.



If he knew when to keep his mouth shut, I think he would have easily won a second term.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks slugo17 thanked for this post
Likes slugo17 liked this post
69Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-02, 09:30 AM   #6
shaun y
Mr 49er
 
shaun y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: الكافر المشرف
Posts: 15,811
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 165
Thanks (Received): 145
Likes (Given): 3427
Likes (Received): 1017
Dislikes (Given): 187
Dislikes (Received): 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach351 View Post
There is a lot said here, with nothing to back it up, so what specifically has he done to attack the first and second amendments? What about bringing socialism to America?



I honestly don't know anyone that is excited Biden is POTUS. I think him winning the election speaks more to how polarizing DT is, than how good of a candidate Biden was. The right needs a portion of the moderates to be able to win, and I don't think that DT is the person to win them over.



If he knew when to keep his mouth shut, I think he would have easily won a second term.


this is exactly why Biden won. and if Trump runs again in 24 why Trump will lose again.

Hillary didn't lose in 16 because people liked Trump more, it's because they disliked him less. Biden didn't win in 20 because people like him more, it's because they disliked him less. Hopefully this trend dies soon so people can start voting for the candidate they like rather than the one they despise least.
__________________
shaun y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-02, 11:33 AM   #7
69Mach351
 
69Mach351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NE KS
Posts: 8,623
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 271
Thanks (Received): 240
Likes (Given): 1836
Likes (Received): 1719
Dislikes (Given): 37
Dislikes (Received): 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun y View Post
this is exactly why Biden won. and if Trump runs again in 24 why Trump will lose again.

Hillary didn't lose in 16 because people liked Trump more, it's because they disliked him less. Biden didn't win in 20 because people like him more, it's because they disliked him less. Hopefully this trend dies soon so people can start voting for the candidate they like rather than the one they despise least.
We seem to be at a point in our country, where a majority wants to think that they individually, are right, and nobody else can be. That pushes people further to the edge, and makes everything more polarizing. It absolutely blows my mind that people will vote along party lines, rather than what is clearly right or wrong. Then, when the same situation comes around and the shoe is on the other foot, they change their tune.

People do not want to listen to someone else, admit that they could have a valid reason for voting, feeling, or taking a stance that they do that differs from their own. It really baffles me.

I am always open to discussion and will listen to reason. If you cannot do that and have a civil conversation, I tend to believe that you may be one that cannot backup what you believe. At that point, people resort to name calling and emotion, which is irrational. That is why I commented here. The OP said since Biden has been POTUS, he has destroyed America, any chance at an economic recovery is gone, we are on the fast track to socialism, the first and second amendment are under attack, etc. I am interested to know what Biden has done in the last month and a half or so, that would cause those statements. Are there concrete actions, or is this an attempt to create smoke where there is no fire?
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks slugo17 thanked for this post
Likes slugo17 liked this post

Last edited by 69Mach351; 2021-03-02 at 11:37 AM..
69Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-04, 09:52 PM   #8
TWEETY
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gardner ks
Posts: 2,272
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 223
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach351 View Post
We seem to be at a point in our country, where a majority wants to think that they individually, are right, and nobody else can be. That pushes people further to the edge, and makes everything more polarizing. It absolutely blows my mind that people will vote along party lines, rather than what is clearly right or wrong. Then, when the same situation comes around and the shoe is on the other foot, they change their tune.

People do not want to listen to someone else, admit that they could have a valid reason for voting, feeling, or taking a stance that they do that differs from their own. It really baffles me.

I am always open to discussion and will listen to reason. If you cannot do that and have a civil conversation, I tend to believe that you may be one that cannot backup what you believe. At that point, people resort to name calling and emotion, which is irrational. That is why I commented here. The OP said since Biden has been POTUS, he has destroyed America, any chance at an economic recovery is gone, we are on the fast track to socialism, the first and second amendment are under attack, etc. I am interested to know what Biden has done in the last month and a half or so, that would cause those statements. Are there concrete actions, or is this an attempt to create smoke where there is no fire?
If I were to answer this post as i would like to, Oblique will surely say I am coming in here just to write another essay, LOL. HOWEVER, in the short time I have right now, allow me to give a small, short snippet of my thoughts on your post. For the bold portion:
IMO, this is how the Left thinks right now. This is exactly how the media pundits portray themselves. Are they the majority though? I do not believe so. I mean seriously, how many people see Dr Suess and Mr Potato Head as a total threat to society? They do, however, have more control over what we see and hear. The left has more television, radio, and social media talking heads than the Conservative idealists. Conservatives have been branded as the center of all evil. This baffles me to no end. The Conservative outlook has always been less govt, more individual choice and freedoms. Do YOU really want the govt telling you what, when, where, and how to do something? The people Biden has been nominating for his cabinet have by and large, been pushing bigger govt control. Beto AND Biden both stated while campaigning that they were coming for our guns. Beto wants your AR15's and AK47's. Biden said we dont need anything more than a shotgun. I believe that once the China Flu BS finally passes, gun legislation will begin hitting the House floor.

Was anyone here aware that a guy was ARRESTED and JAILED for creating unfavorable Memes about Hillary?
https://www.conservativenewsdaily.ne...ars-in-prison/

A shit ton of people have been banned, muzzled, or "canceled" just because they support Trump and/or his policies (which were very good for America and its citizens). Biden slammed the door on damn near everything he could within 30 days. The Democratic party goes right along with it, because they benefit from it. Parler was removed from Google Play and Apple App store. Amazon SHUT THEM DOWN by removing them from their hosted server. This is how our 1st amendment is under attack. It is pretty safe to say that at least half of the country is being blocked, banned, and removed due solely to their opinions and political beliefs. This is how Socialism takes hold. Venezuela is just the most recent example of how a country can go to shit within 10 years. Read ANY book on how to make socialism happen, hell, even George Orwells "1984", and you will see how much of those books reflect exactly what is happening today. That poor plastic potato is just one of the many casualties yet to come.

Notice, no name calling or emotional break downs. Just an opinion open to debate.

Just a small shit Bill I found while perusing the House website:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...ll/25?s=7&r=11
__________________
2006 Mustang GT, 10 psi, 488RWHP
TWEETY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-05, 11:12 AM   #9
69Mach351
 
69Mach351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NE KS
Posts: 8,623
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 271
Thanks (Received): 240
Likes (Given): 1836
Likes (Received): 1719
Dislikes (Given): 37
Dislikes (Received): 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEETY View Post
If I were to answer this post as i would like to, Oblique will surely say I am coming in here just to write another essay, LOL. HOWEVER, in the short time I have right now, allow me to give a small, short snippet of my thoughts on your post. For the bold portion:
IMO, this is how the Left thinks right now. This is exactly how the media pundits portray themselves. Are they the majority though? I do not believe so.
I agree that I do not believe they are the majority. I also do not believe that what we saw in DC on 1/6 is a majority. I think DT was an unsuccessful canditate this time around, because he plays to the more extreme, and more moderates do not like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEETY View Post
I mean seriously, how many people see Dr Suess and Mr Potato Head as a total threat to society? They do, however, have more control over what we see and hear. The left has more television, radio, and social media talking heads than the Conservative idealists. Conservatives have been branded as the center of all evil. This baffles me to no end. The Conservative outlook has always been less govt, more individual choice and freedoms.
Except when it comes to thinks like who to marry, who can serve in the military, legalizing weed, women's healthcare, sticking up for the little guy over the corporation, etc.

I think where the conservatives are missing out, is that there is a newer generation that is getting older, and even if they are more fiscally conservative (which is almost a joke at this time because both sides like to spend money), are more socially liberal. I do think the potato head and things like that are ridiculous. The same way I think it is ridiculous to refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple.


I have said it many times, I would like the right to get their shit together and have a suitable, moderate candidate. It think they would rake in the votes, as it would make the extreme left look like the ones that are out of line. I cannot blame the media when the former POTUS would spread lies, and encourage the shit that he did. That phone call with the officials from Georgia should be enough to piss off everyone in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEETY View Post
Do YOU really want the govt telling you what, when, where, and how to do something? The people Biden has been nominating for his cabinet have by and large, been pushing bigger govt control. Beto AND Biden both stated while campaigning that they were coming for our guns. Beto wants your AR15's and AK47's. Biden said we dont need anything more than a shotgun. I believe that once the China Flu BS finally passes, gun legislation will begin hitting the House floor.
I don't want anyone telling me what to do, that does not impact someone else. I hold that theme for both sides of the aisle though. I don't want someone telling me I cannot own a gun. I can also see why a woman would not want someone to tell her what she can do with her body. As a man, even I can see how pissed off a woman would be when what is a majority of men, vote to tell someone they cannot do something like get an abortion. It is not a very bold move when you know that you will never have to be in the position to accept the consequences of that decision. I think if some of those people knew it was a possibility for them to be in that spot, views may change a little.

Time will tell on the gun issue. When the left has had total control, even in some tough times, they have not pushed for legislation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEETY View Post
Was anyone here aware that a guy was ARRESTED and JAILED for creating unfavorable Memes about Hillary?
https://www.conservativenewsdaily.ne...ars-in-prison/
Saying that he was arrested for making unfavorable memes is one helluva stretch. He put pictures out, trying to convince people (mainly black people) that they could vote via text message, in an effort to get them to not cast a legitimate ballot. From the sounds of it, he tried to make them look like they were legitimately from the Clinton campaign.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/socia...ation-campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEETY View Post
A shit ton of people have been banned, muzzled, or "canceled" just because they support Trump and/or his policies (which were very good for America and its citizens). Biden slammed the door on damn near everything he could within 30 days. The Democratic party goes right along with it, because they benefit from it. Parler was removed from Google Play and Apple App store. Amazon SHUT THEM DOWN by removing them from their hosted server. This is how our 1st amendment is under attack. It is pretty safe to say that at least half of the country is being blocked, banned, and removed due solely to their opinions and political beliefs. This is how Socialism takes hold. Venezuela is just the most recent example of how a country can go to shit within 10 years. Read ANY book on how to make socialism happen, hell, even George Orwells "1984", and you will see how much of those books reflect exactly what is happening today. That poor plastic potato is just one of the many casualties yet to come.

Notice, no name calling or emotional break downs. Just an opinion open to debate.

Just a small shit Bill I found while perusing the House website:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...ll/25?s=7&r=11
That has nothing to do with the first amendment - and Biden did not have a part in any of that. The first amendment is freedom of speech without fear of government persecution. Obviously, that has limits (fire in a crowded theater for example). I full on believe that DT brought this on himself. I have said many times, if he knew when to shut up, I think he would have easily one a second term. Between the baseless claims that had been thrown out of court and all but telling people to storm the Capitol building, he proved that he could not handle the responsibility of social media.

Before you say he was silenced, consider that he had a full press room, as well as dozens of reporters ready in a seconds notice. He was only silenced, because he chose to be.

I am far from the only one that thinks like this. There have been multiple businesses (not all liberal tech companies) that have said they will no longer donate to the people that aided in this. Just because someone doesn't like the outcome of a fair election, does not give them the right to make shit up, push conspiracies, get violent, etc.

If someone looks at the way social media was used, without bias, can you really say that he was using it responsibly?

Last edited by 69Mach351; 2021-03-05 at 01:57 PM..
69Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-05, 06:19 PM   #10
TWEETY
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gardner ks
Posts: 2,272
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 223
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

"If someone looks at the way social media was used, without bias, can you really say that he was using it responsibly?"

I guess it kinda depends on how you look at it. Was DT spreading lies about the election? I guess we will never know since it was swept under the rug without an ACTUAL investigation by anyone.

Freedom of speech is exactly that. Freedom of speech. Everyone has the right to say, think, and do what they please...up to legal limits already established. Trump did NOT incite anything nor take part in anything illegal. People acted on their own accord. If some of those people overstepped their legal limits, that is on them.

"Cancel Culture" is a beating-around-the-bush style of removing the peoples right to free speech. If I said/did something that is not illegal, but someone disagreed with, it is possible for that person/organization to go to an employer/customer/representative and cry and whine about it to the point of threats unless the alleged offender is 'removed' from his/her position. A weak and scared company may fire that individual to avoid further conflicts. This in turn, forces people to shut up for fear of losing their source of income to live. This is exactly how the 1st amendment is under attack right now. It will only get worse from here. Thankfully, I can say and do as I please without that type of intimidation even being brought up. I am insulated from such bullshit.

Dr Seuss is the latest victim of this crap. An organization called "The Conscious Kid" is the source of these crocodile tears. Dr Seuss Enterprises DID NOT make this decision on their own accord. They were pressured to do so.
An example of the source of tears: “a jarring racial stereotype of a Chinese man, who is depicted with chopsticks, a pointed hat, and slanted slit eyes. We find this caricature of ‘the Chinaman’ deeply hurtful, and have concerns about children’s exposure to it.” Seriously? Asian culture has used chopsticks for ages. The pointed hat is what was worn historically, and the slanted eyes? Well, its genetic. Cant change genetics.

I'm just throwing this in here for reference info.
https://rumble.com/vecyn7-rob-finner...ewsmax+TV&ep=2
__________________
2006 Mustang GT, 10 psi, 488RWHP

Last edited by TWEETY; 2021-03-06 at 09:02 PM..
TWEETY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-06, 08:32 AM   #11
TWEETY
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gardner ks
Posts: 2,272
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 223
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

So a conspiracy theorist Democrat from California, Zoe Lofgren, decided to compile a report about anyone who opposed the election results using those individuals social media posts. Freedom of Expression, a 1st amendment right, is only allowed if you are a Democrat.
https://lofgren.house.gov/socialreview
__________________
2006 Mustang GT, 10 psi, 488RWHP
TWEETY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-06, 06:19 PM   #12
TWEETY
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gardner ks
Posts: 2,272
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 223
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

https://www.news-journalonline.com/s...re/4310829001/
Quote:
In two prophetic books, Animal Farm: A Fairy Story and 1984, the British essayist George Orwell depicted a future world in which the state would exercise complete control over all facets of social life.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four," Orwell wrote. "If that is granted, all else follows.”

Sadly, Orwell's depiction of state-controlled life is being ignored and challenged today by the "cancel culture" cult. Nonviolent free speech, our First Amendment right in our Constitution, is being attacked vitriolically and is tearing our nation apart. People are being fired from their jobs, expelled from schools, blacklisted, abused verbally and even harmed physically by simply declaring, for example, "All lives matter."

Over-assigned:
"Animal Farm" by George Orwell
A surge of selective censorship has been directed at conservative ideas — especially if those ideas are not consistent with the narrative of the political elitists and advocates of political correctness.

Freedom of speech is one of the powers of freedom of the will. It is the right to speak and think as one wants without hindrance or restraint. It is the polar opposite of political correctness, which is used as a weapon of fear and is a threat to our nation's survival.


My past and present stance on mob violence of any kind has been to confront it without prejudice. Wrong is wrong — no matter who you are, what color you are, what religion you are, or what your politics are. Sadly, the hypocrisy is in plain sight today when individuals react vigorously but selectively to criminal behavior that fits their own interests and agendas.

Well-meaning citizens or large segments of our population who protest peacefully or vote differently cannot be branded as pariahs just because the majority in government power want to maintain Orwellian control as Big Brother.

Joe Biggs, a Proud Boy from Volusia County, enters the U.S. Capitol Building on Jan. 6, smiling and saying, "This is awesome!" Biggs was charged with three federal crimes in connection with his involvement in the Capitol riot.
Our nation was built on compromise and a free exchange of ideas. If we abandon these two tenets, our future is doomed. If we disrespect our First Amendment, knowing full well that Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech, then perhaps we should recall the words of the providential biblical figure who said as his life ebbed away beneath a crown of thorns, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do!”

Erika Benfield's view from the march on the U.S. Capitol Wednesday shows the building that would later be breached by some of the people protesting Joe Biden's victory over Donald Trump in the 2020 election.
We must embrace the gift of free will granted to us by Providence, and stand up and resist political correctness in every form. If not, we may be forced to accept that 2+2=5.
__________________
2006 Mustang GT, 10 psi, 488RWHP
TWEETY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-07, 09:00 AM   #13
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.
 
offensive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 49,706
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 295
Likes (Given): 26
Likes (Received): 1768
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 50
Default

__________________
offensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-07, 08:39 PM   #14
TWEETY
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gardner ks
Posts: 2,272
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 223
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

I introduce to you, a black man living in Naples FL. One of the states whitest, and wealthiest counties. 3 min of your time please.

https://youtu.be/d4eb0kMl_4Q
__________________
2006 Mustang GT, 10 psi, 488RWHP
TWEETY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-07, 09:36 PM   #15
TWEETY
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gardner ks
Posts: 2,272
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 223
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Election fraud up in smoke
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...gin/5-2432563/

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/21772...officials-farm
__________________
2006 Mustang GT, 10 psi, 488RWHP
TWEETY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-07, 11:26 PM   #16
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.
 
offensive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 49,706
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 295
Likes (Given): 26
Likes (Received): 1768
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 50
Default

__________________
offensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-10, 04:50 PM   #17
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 9,052
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 145
Likes (Given): 245
Likes (Received): 804
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

I'm old enough to remember the Dixie Chicks getting "cancelled" cause they used their freedom of speech and conservatives lost their minds. Spare me the crybaby bullshit about cancel culture when conservatives are the ones who invented it.
__________________
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-11, 07:07 AM   #18
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.
 
offensive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 49,706
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 295
Likes (Given): 26
Likes (Received): 1768
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
I'm old enough to remember the Dixie Chicks getting "cancelled" cause they used their freedom of speech and conservatives lost their minds. Spare me the crybaby bullshit about cancel culture when conservatives are the ones who invented it.
LOL When do i expect to see you at Stanford's Comedy Club.

Mask free of course.
__________________
offensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-11, 07:29 AM   #19
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,581
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach351 View Post
We seem to be at a point in our country, where a majority wants to think that they individually, are right, and nobody else can be.
And they want to claim to be calculus experts when they cant even solve 2 + 2. My dad is one of those stereotype boomers like fish, "Im old and I made it this far, I know everything." We got into it on windmills and he just kept saying "You cant have windmills when it freezes, its just common sense. But he didn't even know that Kansas gets more from wind than coal, and all winter too.

No education, a B2B salesman in the credit reporting industry his entire career and he is yelling about "common sense" in energy production despite not even knowing some fundamental facts about energy production in his own state.

Thanks to social media and 24 hour opinion channels (none of those are actually news channels, hell even Fox argued they aren't news in open court) have created an entire nation of unqualified, opinionated experts who think that looking for things that confirm their biases while on the toilet taking a shit is "research."
__________________
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-11, 08:41 AM   #20
offensive
No I am NOT a girl.
 
offensive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 49,706
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 295
Likes (Given): 26
Likes (Received): 1768
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 50
Default

__________________
offensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-11, 09:18 AM   #21
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**
 
DIYAutoRepair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,834
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1378
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
I'm old enough to remember the Dixie Chicks getting "cancelled" cause they used their freedom of speech and conservatives lost their minds. Spare me the crybaby bullshit about cancel culture when conservatives are the ones who invented it.
Cancel culture was occurring long before the Dixie Chicks, it was going on when Rush came on the air in the 80's.

I see you are comparing a few people not buying their albums to big tech canceling, de-platforming and demonetizing conservative speech by the tens of thousands. All of this with the encouragement of elected officials in the government.

Please go on and tell me all of the good things that the Dem admin has been doing for the country.
__________________
DIY Auto Repair
Fully equipped service bay rental by the hour
We also offer full service automotive repairs along with paint and bodywork
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-12, 03:16 AM   #22
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 9,052
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 145
Likes (Given): 245
Likes (Received): 804
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
Cancel culture was occurring long before the Dixie Chicks, it was going on when Rush came on the air in the 80's.

I see you are comparing a few people not buying their albums to big tech canceling, de-platforming and demonetizing conservative speech by the tens of thousands. All of this with the encouragement of elected officials in the government.

Please go on and tell me all of the good things that the Dem admin has been doing for the country.
Please tell me, which tenants of conservative thought did these people express that got them deplatformed?
__________________
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-12, 03:25 AM   #23
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 9,052
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 145
Likes (Given): 245
Likes (Received): 804
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
And they want to claim to be calculus experts when they cant even solve 2 + 2. My dad is one of those stereotype boomers like fish, "Im old and I made it this far, I know everything." We got into it on windmills and he just kept saying "You cant have windmills when it freezes, its just common sense. But he didn't even know that Kansas gets more from wind than coal, and all winter too.

No education, a B2B salesman in the credit reporting industry his entire career and he is yelling about "common sense" in energy production despite not even knowing some fundamental facts about energy production in his own state.

Thanks to social media and 24 hour opinion channels (none of those are actually news channels, hell even Fox argued they aren't news in open court) have created an entire nation of unqualified, opinionated experts who think that looking for things that confirm their biases while on the toilet taking a shit is "research."
They also want to accuse you of being a sheep and trying to force them to think like you do when you try to get them to acknowledge things like facts and reality. They seem to think those things are subjective which is why they think they're qualified to come up with their own and try to posit that their opinions are just as valid as the experts. They're too stupid to know they're stupid because they're too insecure to be honest with themselves about their own stupidity and therefore, they over compensate for it.
__________________
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-12, 09:52 AM   #24
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**
 
DIYAutoRepair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,834
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1378
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
Please tell me, which tenants of conservative thought did these people express that got them deplatformed?
Talking about the stolen election will get you kicked off most of these.
__________________
DIY Auto Repair
Fully equipped service bay rental by the hour
We also offer full service automotive repairs along with paint and bodywork
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2021-03-12, 02:22 PM   #25
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 9,052
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 145
Likes (Given): 245
Likes (Received): 804
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
Talking about the stolen election will get you kicked off most of these.
So people aren't getting kicked off for being conservatives, they're being kicked off for things like spreading dangerous lies. Lies that lead to the events that happened on January 6th.

Thanks for walking right into that and proving my point btw.
__________________
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.6.3 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright (c) 1993-2021, KCSR.org

R.I.P. Specialist Jason Daniel Lee Mann (JDLM)