Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > Kills

Unread 2010-01-08, 01:26 PM   #51
Brokenbird

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 12
Likes (Received): 0
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 0

ill paypal it to you next week so count me in on the slow list dils

2002 stretched and lowered R1
2000 Gmc sierra
94 mustang project aka the paddle
93 formula aka the money pit
Brokenbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-01-08, 03:05 PM   #52
slightlyboosted

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 7
Thumbs up

i completely disagree with the idea of an exemption for tires vs awd cars. If you bought a rwd car to race that was your choice, that's like saying if a fwd car wants to run they should get slicks when racing a rwd car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstage1 View Post
I say make 1 exemption to the slow car list.

The street tire rule is great. Love the concept and the guy that thought of it needs to pat himself on the back. Seriously good idea. Limiting traction limits the dude that wantas to bring out 900hp and try to sandbag the slow list.

But, there WILL be complaints about awd vehicles vs 2 wd. You know every awd guy in this city is thinking they have a ringer for that list.

May wanna add that IF a callout is made by an awd vehicle then DOT's(not slicks) are kosher to even the playing field for the 2wd ONLY for that particular race. Otherwise some 10 second awd car is gonna own the slow car list, guaranteed.

Or give a set amount of lengths to the 2wd. IDK

Once again, a suggestion only. Discuss among yourselves.
slightlyboosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-01-08, 03:54 PM   #53
Perdieu

Post Thanks / Like
Dislikes (Given): 0
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
I'll sign up for the slow list and I'll run on 19" street tires.
I'll call ya out!
Unread 2010-01-08, 03:57 PM   #54
mrstage1

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Received): 30
Dislikes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyboosted View Post
that's like saying if a fwd car wants to run they should get slicks when racing a rwd car.
Nope. difference is an AWD vehicle can run well into the 10's and even 9's on a street radial.

Hardly fair for a "slow" list intended to make it so the slower guys will have a chance to play too.

How bout this then. If an awd car runs better than 11.50 it is automatically bumped to the "fast" list.

Using your rationale of "You shoulda bought..." when your inevitably gonna rebut my saying fast awd cars on the "big" list since you'll claim the street tire rule...

You shoulda built yours up more so that you can play with the rwd cars on tire.

See, it isn't about cherry picking a list I wouldn't think. I would think the slow list would be more for having fun and getting the average guy out there and giving them a chance to win. For every FAST list race there will probably be 10 slow list races in the same time frame if it is set up fairly cause everyone isn't out there putting single digit cars together. LOTS of people though, have fairly quick DD's that can get out there and get after it regularly.

Unless they know they are screwed from the git go and the whole purpose of creating MORE races will be hosed.
785-856-4555
Just ask how we can make your imagination into reality.
mrstage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-01-08, 04:04 PM   #55
JohnnyBravo
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 389
Likes (Given): 208
Likes (Received): 1740
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdieu View Post
I'll call ya out!
You and me. Street tires. Pump gas. Wives in the car, plus groceries.

I'm not going to embarrass myself by bringing my decade-old Dodge beater to the fast car races. I'm only racing other older guys in "grocery getters" this year. If it doesn't have leather interior, air conditioning and a working stereo, I ain't racing it.
Unread 2010-01-08, 04:24 PM   #56
Jackstand

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:

I'm not going to embarrass myself by bringing my decade-old Dodge beater to the fast car races. I'm only racing other older guys in "grocery getters" this year. If it doesn't have leather interior, air conditioning and a working stereo, I ain't racing it.
dang my bench seat isnt leather covered... but its ok i running old 50's technology it cant keep up with a new age v10. looks like a fun listh good luck guys!
Unread 2010-01-08, 04:27 PM   #57
JohnnyBravo
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackstand View Post
dang my bench seat isnt leather covered... but its ok i running old 50's technology it cant keep up with a new age v10. looks like a fun listh good luck guys!
Once Big Gay Shawn left, I thought you lost your posting privileges here.
Unread 2010-01-08, 05:06 PM   #58
Unimaginablepower

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 13
Dislikes (Received): 4

Shawn should have kept his White Momba. That bitch could be in the 6s by now with full int., pump gas and A/C.
Unimaginablepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-01-08, 05:11 PM   #59
JohnnyBravo
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimaginablepower View Post
Shawn should have kept his White Momba. That bitch could be in the 6s by now with full int., pump gas and A/C.
Shawn never had a white Mamba. He had a white Camaro Mulletmobile with a 55:1 compression motor and a small nitrous refill station that pulled wheelies and ran high 9's, he had a Z06 with a blower that he managed to run almost .2 quicker than it did when it was stock, and he had a supercharged SRT-10 that he blew up.

No white Mamba, though.
Unread 2010-01-08, 05:20 PM   #60
NONOS

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 2
Dislikes (Received): 6
Thumbs up

Quote:
Not the honor man. That is a paid to play list too. Hence, being King among midgets gets paid just as well as King among Kings.

Get it?
Unread 2010-01-08, 05:35 PM   #61
Mad Beems

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0's NV View Post
jw (just wondering) does any of those add power then cause like i said if you get one of those technical/guys who take those words literally then you have multiple so i asked so that it could be made clear what was acceptable and trying to be allowed to have my meth kit eventhough its too cool shit down not add power
Good lord, you're stupid.

Also, methanol is fuel. You should probably get in on this list thing, you're a shoo in for the money.

Edit- this is Zac, and you making retarded ass posts like this is why you're ignored on my name.
Unread 2010-01-08, 05:59 PM   #62
ryanb

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 62
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 6

Put me on the slow list Dils. I will have money to you next time I see you.
ryanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-01-08, 07:17 PM   #63
1slohoe

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Likes (Given): 20
Likes (Received): 5

I'm not a fan of the tire rule. I daily drive mine on drag radials, so that pretty much leaves me out.
Unread 2010-01-08, 07:26 PM   #64
OneBoredGuy

Post Thanks / Like
Dislikes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slohoe View Post
I'm not a fan of the tire rule. I daily drive mine on drag radials, so that pretty much leaves me out.
Im sure they will work something out for cases like this. You could be like me and try to invest in a bike to get on the fast list lol
Unread 2010-01-08, 07:29 PM   #65
MyLittlePwny
DHG5295

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 92
Thanks (Received): 116
Likes (Given): 398
Likes (Received): 763
Dislikes (Given): 22
Dislikes (Received): 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slohoe View Post
Rotate wheels, problem solved!
Unread 2010-01-08, 07:31 PM   #66
OneBoredGuy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

I have leather interior in my car, ice cold AC and an aftermarket headunit for my stereo. Can we race with you on street tires and me on a slick? lol
Unread 2010-01-08, 07:41 PM   #67
butler

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Received): 3

I am in both bikes. Sorry about your luck cars/ trucks.
butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-01-08, 08:54 PM   #68
5.0's NV

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 66
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Beems View Post
Good lord, you're stupid.

Also, methanol is fuel. You should probably get in on this list thing, you're a shoo in for the money.

Edit- this is Zac, and you making retarded ass posts like this is why you're ignored on my name.
really so you are saying when you use it, it will not lower temps. funny how someone down at mc recomended it for this purpose (spray before the sc, since a od'd s/c runs really hot) on top of it helping gains, when i asked about putting the bottle on it. but maybe since i was trying to help my arguement that stock boosted cars should be allowed one power adder also, and not being sarcastic at the same time i should have just posted that its fuel

and as stated before someone will use that arguement, its just only a matter of time (i have heard roughstang try and use a similar one when talking about how many his car had vs. someone elses and thats why he lost, but you werent there to hear it and understand why i was posting what i did as well as fast-watever the fuck didnt and tried to explain what a power adder meant)

88' turbocoupe: p&p heads & intake, cam, punched 30, forged bottom-end, super 60, built trans, fmic, tuned (grocery getter)

No dyno.

89' Supercoupe: p&p hicsc, mpx c&p, mpx 85mm tb&maf, scorpion rr's, punched, 30% od'd, larger valves, 60#, 255 walbro, 3.27's, cobra axles, tuned. (slow-motion)
5.0's NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-01-08, 09:15 PM   #69
slightlyboosted

Post Thanks / Like

First, I said it was your choice not you should have, very big difference. And yes it is the same as the fwd guys crying about the rule when racing rwd cars. There should not be exceptions for a certain type of vehicle to level the playing field, if you want drag radials in then everyone should be able to run them in any race, which I will have no problem with. And your idea of of an awd car that run's better than 11.50's is ok as long as you take nearly stock viper's, new Z06's and some other's since they can go mid 11's on street tires too and that wouldn't be fair. Imo which doesn't mean much, if drag radial's are allowed at all, then it should be allowed period.

And on a separate note, 5.0's NV, if you can't decern the difference between the term power adder (ie. Forced Induction or Nitrous) and a supporting modification (Methanol Injection & Tuning) is you might want to do more research. One power adder is in your favor, unless you would like to run into a camaro with a turbo and a bottle to back it up.

Quote:
Nope. difference is an AWD vehicle can run well into the 10's and even 9's on a street radial.

Hardly fair for a "slow" list intended to make it so the slower guys will have a chance to play too.

How bout this then. If an awd car runs better than 11.50 it is automatically bumped to the "fast" list.

Using your rationale of "You shoulda bought..." when your inevitably gonna rebut my saying fast awd cars on the "big" list since you'll claim the street tire rule...

You shoulda built yours up more so that you can play with the rwd cars on tire.

See, it isn't about cherry picking a list I wouldn't think. I would think the slow list would be more for having fun and getting the average guy out there and giving them a chance to win. For every FAST list race there will probably be 10 slow list races in the same time frame if it is set up fairly cause everyone isn't out there putting single digit cars together. LOTS of people though, have fairly quick DD's that can get out there and get after it regularly.

Unless they know they are screwed from the git go and the whole purpose of creating MORE races will be hosed.
Unread 2010-01-08, 09:35 PM   #70
5.0's NV

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 66
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 19

Quote:

And on a separate note, 5.0's NV, if you can't decern the difference between the term power adder (ie. Forced Induction or Nitrous) and a supporting modification (Methanol Injection & Tuning) is you might want to do more research. One power adder is in your favor, unless you would like to run into a camaro with a turbo and a bottle to back it up.
LET ME BE CLEAR SINCE YOU COULD NOT READ MY LAST POST

i was poking fun at roughstang who attempted to say someone beat him cause they had more power adders than he did when each of them only had a turbo and other shit like exhaust, intake, cam (in the other persons car to be clear), etc, etc
SO no research needed here, i feel that if someone with a camaro has the bottle and turbo its aftermarket if they wanted boost shouldve bought it that way and should not be allowed both cause it would take a nice build (if they are running serious boost) to support it, but on the other hand if someones car comes factory with a power adder and it hardly makes it fast they should be allowed another since more than one power adder would only make it about as fast as somone with a mild build and one power adder.
also yea a meth kit isnt a "power-adder" but all someone would have to say is he has boost and spray and the arguement would start about the rules, and since you have done your research would you inform me how big of a shot i could run with a boosted car and not have a shit ton of issues to worry about?
sure a shorty shot isn't gonna be too nice with boost
and to let the cat out the bag maybe i might have been thinking of running a compound set-up, but wanted it to be ok'd for people with boost coming stock to be allowed one power adder before telling my power adder is that such a big problem or do you feel disadvantaged cause you don't have one stock

88' turbocoupe: p&p heads & intake, cam, punched 30, forged bottom-end, super 60, built trans, fmic, tuned (grocery getter)

No dyno.

89' Supercoupe: p&p hicsc, mpx c&p, mpx 85mm tb&maf, scorpion rr's, punched, 30% od'd, larger valves, 60#, 255 walbro, 3.27's, cobra axles, tuned. (slow-motion)

Last edited by 5.0's NV; 2010-01-08 at 09:42 PM..
5.0's NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-01-08, 09:53 PM   #71
COUPERYDRS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

iSO no research needed here, i feel that if someone with a camaro has the bottle and turbo its aftermarket if they wanted boost shouldve bought it that way and should not be allowed both cause it would take a nice build (if they are running serious boost) to support it, but on the other hand if someones car comes factory with a power adder and it hardly makes it fast they should be allowed another since more than one power adder would only make it about as fast as somone with a mild build and one power adder.
also yea a meth kit isnt a "power-adder" but all someone would have to say is he has boost and spray and the arguement would start about the rules, and since you have done your research would you inform me how big of a shot i could run with a boosted car and not have a shit ton of issues to worry about?
and to let the cat out the bag maybe i might have been thinking of running a compound set-up, but wanted it to be ok'd for people with boost coming stock to be allowed one power adder before telling my power adder is that such a big problem or do you feel disadvantaged cause you don't have one stock

some what agree with you. in my opinion spray is spray regardless of what type (gas or liquid) just as boosted is boosted, also boost controllers should be in that catagory as well, if it signifigantly increases power it should be a power adder. saying certain things are supporting mods is kind of horse shit though, cause if thats the case then a car with a nitrous tune would need the nitrous to run correctly making it in that case a supporting mod, just saying. (keep in mind i was told this and have NO CLUE about the wrx's to know weather it was true but i know the kid drove it off the showroom lot and came and picked me up and it was on already and the car only had 7 miles on it) and to my knowledge the only car that has a meth kit as a supporting mod is the wrx, if this isnot true im sorry for making the statement
Unread 2010-01-08, 09:55 PM   #72
slightlyboosted

Post Thanks / Like
Thumbs up

Who cares how nice there build is? And if you want to point me to a factory turbo camaro I would love to see it (outside the turbo ta's which I would die to have). The point is I don't care if you have a turbo from the factory or not, if you allow any car two power adders it should go for all. As for your question of how much boost you can run on a car without having issues, the vagueness of the question is a clue to how much you know, which I pray you are just having fun. Every car and setup if different, i.e., what motor, does it have forged internals, fuel requirements. Next up, if you are telling me you are building a compound set up and it's going to be slow enough that you can't go play in the big boys playground I am truly sorry. As to your comment I can obviously read and your statement still rings as stupid as it did before, Methonal Injection is not spray, it is not a power adder, it is a way of providing more fuel and reducing combustion temperature. As for my poor wittle car, it did have a factory power adder and still does, albeit slightly enhanced. If I have not managed to sell it so I can finish my car to play with on the big boy list by spring, you can bring your compound power adder car and I will be more than happy to play.

Quote:

i was poking fun at roughstang who attempted to say someone beat him cause they had more power adders than he did when each of them only had a turbo and other shit like exhaust, intake, cam (in the other persons car to be clear), etc, etc
SO no research needed here, i feel that if someone with a camaro has the bottle and turbo its aftermarket if they wanted boost shouldve bought it that way and should not be allowed both cause it would take a nice build (if they are running serious boost) to support it, but on the other hand if someones car comes factory with a power adder and it hardly makes it fast they should be allowed another since more than one power adder would only make it about as fast as somone with a mild build and one power adder.
Unread 2010-01-08, 10:08 PM   #73
COUPERYDRS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Who cares how nice there build is? And if you want to point me to a factory turbo camaro I would love to see it (outside the turbo ta's which I would die to have). The point is I don't care if you have a turbo from the factory or not, if you allow any car two power adders it should go for all. As for your question of how much boost you can run on a car without having issues, the vagueness of the question is a clue to how much you know, which I pray you are just having fun. Every car and setup if different, i.e., what motor, does it have forged internals, fuel requirements. Next up, if you are telling me you are building a compound set up and it's going to be slow enough that you can't go play in the big boys playground I am truly sorry. As to your comment I can obviously read and your statement still rings as stupid as it did before, Methonal Injection is not spray, it is not a power adder, it is a way of providing more fuel and reducing combustion temperature. As for my poor wittle car, it did have a factory power adder and still does, albeit slightly enhanced. If I have not managed to sell it so I can finish my car to play with on the big boy list by spring, you can bring your compound power adder car and I will be more than happy to play.
trust that he is just having fun but i think you are focused too much on him being dumb then what he is getting at and with out having to worry about a shit ton of problems you can't have a mostly stock boosted car and run a shorty shot you should know this with all that advanced knowledge you are using.
Unread 2010-01-08, 10:19 PM   #74
slightlyboosted

Post Thanks / Like

I hope he is playing, and I don't mean to be disrespectful but I see what I see. I see nowhere in the list rules saying that said cars must be mostly stock, therefore there will be guys with built motors able to handle all of the above. As for the supporting mods comment, methanol injection does not make any additional power as nitrous does, the only thing it does is allow you to run more boost without detanation, therefore it is not a power adder. I agree with the rules as they stand which is, you can have one quote power adder and any supporting mods to make as much power with that power adder, in my case a turbo. I apologize if I ruffle feathers, as I said before my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPERYDRS View Post
trust that he is just having fun but i think you are focused too much on him being dumb then what he is getting at and with out having to worry about a shit ton of problems you can't have a mostly stock boosted car and run a shorty shot you should know this with all that advanced knowledge you are using.
Unread 2010-01-09, 01:49 AM   #75
OneBoredGuy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I hope he is playing, and I don't mean to be disrespectful but I see what I see. I see nowhere in the list rules saying that said cars must be mostly stock, therefore there will be guys with built motors able to handle all of the above. As for the supporting mods comment, methanol injection does not make any additional power as nitrous does, the only thing it does is allow you to run more boost without detanation, therefore it is not a power adder. I agree with the rules as they stand which is, you can have one quote power adder and any supporting mods to make as much power with that power adder, in my case a turbo. I apologize if I ruffle feathers, as I said before my opinion.
I dynoed my car with and without meth on the same boost level and with meth added 50 whp. It was lean without meth but nowhere near blowing up.