Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2017-10-19, 01:25 AM   #226
95PreludeSE
 
95PreludeSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 4,610
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 100
Likes (Received): 327
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTe View Post
Everything just seems so hush hush from a hotel with a lot of people. We're not hearing from the security guard or anyone. It's like mum is the word.
That's the odd thing to me, where are the other guests? I can hear my hotel neighbors sneeze on the floor above, everyone within two or three floors of this guy should have heard loud and clear the large amount of gunfire. Even just the 200 rounds shot down the hall, there wasn't ONE single 911 or desk call from any guests?
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 04:44 AM   #227
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,849
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 943
Thanks (Received): 343
Likes (Given): 6588
Likes (Received): 2805
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95PreludeSE View Post
That's the odd thing to me, where are the other guests? I can hear my hotel neighbors sneeze on the floor above, everyone within two or three floors of this guy should have heard loud and clear the large amount of gunfire. Even just the 200 rounds shot down the hall, there wasn't ONE single 911 or desk call from any guests?
Just think if he would have had silencers! No one would have heard anything!
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 07:08 AM   #228
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,008
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95PreludeSE View Post
That's the odd thing to me, where are the other guests? I can hear my hotel neighbors sneeze on the floor above, everyone within two or three floors of this guy should have heard loud and clear the large amount of gunfire. Even just the 200 rounds shot down the hall, there wasn't ONE single 911 or desk call from any guests?
Ive traveled a LOT. Probably over two million air miles. Top tier status at both Marriott and Hilton. And yet I can count on my fingers how many times I have been in a hotel room at 10pm on a Sunday night. And if you narrow it down to Vegas I dont think I have been in my hotel room at 10pm on ANY given night. Its also a hotel across the street from a massive, ongoing, music festival that apparently 1000s of people traveled for, I wonder how many people staying at that hotel were at the show?

Also, who said NOBODY called 911 as a guest? I havent heard that being said anyway.
__________________
Fast as fuck_________________________Your mom thinks its cool______________Old man bike
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 07:56 AM   #229
77Nova
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 677
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 90
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

One thing that still stands out to me is the lack of personal information about his guy. It took less than 48 hours and we knew everything about the Virginia shooter's personal life. It's been weeks and we still know very little about Paddock. The guy is an online ghost which is very difficult to achieve these days.

When you really think about it we know very few facts and even those seem to change every other day. Hell, they could come out tomorrow and tell us that he was ex-CIA and had a grudge and it would fit based on what little we know..

Last edited by 77Nova; 2017-10-19 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: Correction, it was Virginia, not DC.
77Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 08:31 AM   #230
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,008
Post Thanks / Like
Default

The hell you talking about? They still dont have all of the motives for his shootings, just he one at the dealership. He was also CAPTURED and had a history with police. Its probably easy to develop a profile for shit like that instead of for an anti-social shut in who capped himself.

Guess that is what it takes to buy into conspiracy theories, you just have to blatantly make shit up or forgo even the most simple logic.
__________________
Fast as fuck_________________________Your mom thinks its cool______________Old man bike
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 08:54 AM   #231
77Nova
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 677
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 90
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
The hell you talking about? They still dont have all of the motives for his shootings, just he one at the dealership. He was also CAPTURED and had a history with police. Its probably easy to develop a profile for shit like that instead of for an anti-social shut in who capped himself.

Guess that is what it takes to buy into conspiracy theories, you just have to blatantly make shit up or forgo even the most simple logic.
My apologies, I meant Virginia. I was talking about Hodgkinson. Within days we knew a lot about him. Job, family, political status, voter history, etc. Every single comment/post/opinion he put out there was found and reported. We even knew he was living in a van down by the river and showering at the YMCA. But Paddock? We still know very little. Shut in or not there should be a paper trail. Real estate dealings, companies he used to buy real estate, travel history to the Philippines, etc. Have they even confirmed that he was the only shooter? They couldn't even get his check-in date right. I mean, how hard is that to accurately obtain and yet they still reported it wrong.

Last edited by 77Nova; 2017-10-19 at 09:24 AM..
77Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 08:56 AM   #232
torqueburner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 39.11*N, 94.54*W, elavation 971 ft
Posts: 4,836
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 112
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 418
Likes (Received): 237
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

What's the most "plausible" conspiracy theory out there right now?
__________________
Dear Karma,
Here's a list of people you missed.....


Street & Racing Technology
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 09:03 AM   #233
77Nova
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 677
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 90
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueburner View Post
What's the most "plausible" conspiracy theory out there right now?
As much fun as it is to speculate, I don't follow CT stuff so I really don't know what people are saying. In the end the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.
77Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 09:06 AM   #234
95PreludeSE
 
95PreludeSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 4,610
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 100
Likes (Received): 327
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Ive traveled a LOT. Probably over two million air miles. Top tier status at both Marriott and Hilton. And yet I can count on my fingers how many times I have been in a hotel room at 10pm on a Sunday night. And if you narrow it down to Vegas I dont think I have been in my hotel room at 10pm on ANY given night. Its also a hotel across the street from a massive, ongoing, music festival that apparently 1000s of people traveled for, I wonder how many people staying at that hotel were at the show?

Also, who said NOBODY called 911 as a guest? I havent heard that being said anyway.
I haven't seen a single report of someone calling 911, you'd think with all the timeline disagreements that they would have been all over the emergency dispatch.

I just find it odd that in that hotel NOBODY would have been around. Yes, I agree, it probably wasn't booked with every single person in their room at 10pm on a Sunday. But even at 32 stories up, was nobody on the sidewalk that would have heard the gunfire? No employees out having a smoke break to hear the glass breaking or initial shots?

I don't like throwing the "conspiracy" word out there because people just slam it, and I don't know what plausible theory any sort of conspiracy would have. I'm just saying that the sum of all the parts does not make sense.
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 09:10 AM   #235
Keboh
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 13,917
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 255
Likes (Given): 2553
Likes (Received): 1717
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95PreludeSE View Post
I haven't seen a single report of someone calling 911, you'd think with all the timeline disagreements that they would have been all over the emergency dispatch.

I just find it odd that in that hotel NOBODY would have been around. Yes, I agree, it probably wasn't booked with every single person in their room at 10pm on a Sunday. But even at 32 stories up, was nobody on the sidewalk that would have heard the gunfire? No employees out having a smoke break to hear the glass breaking or initial shots?

I don't like throwing the "conspiracy" word out there because people just slam it, and I don't know what plausible theory any sort of conspiracy would have. I'm just saying that the sum of all the parts does not make sense.
Again, there was a music festival going on right across the street. It would have been loud and lots of shit going on at the time. We don't know what it was like, but it's not like it was a quiet night on the strip.

Maybe people did call 911, that just isn't being released yet. It has been like... two weeks. I'm sure they're still reviewing everything, which I'm sure is a LOT considering how hectic this was and how many people were involved.

I think this looks like a psychopath that shot up a crowd. Not some crazy conspiracy to get guns banned or whatever.
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 09:26 AM   #236
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,008
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95PreludeSE View Post
I don't like throwing the "conspiracy" word out there because people just slam it, and I don't know what plausible theory any sort of conspiracy would have. I'm just saying that the sum of all the parts does not make sense.
But you did, and its slammed for good reason. Here is how your argument boils down, "I dont have all of the information, hell I dont have really any information save for whats on the news. Because I dont have all of the information Im just going to say that it doesn't add up and its probably a conspiracy."
__________________
Fast as fuck_________________________Your mom thinks its cool______________Old man bike
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 09:30 AM   #237
95PreludeSE
 
95PreludeSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 4,610
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 100
Likes (Received): 327
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
But you did, and its slammed for good reason. Here is how your argument boils down, "I dont have all of the information, hell I dont have really any information save for whats on the news. Because I dont have all of the information Im just going to say that it doesn't add up and its probably a conspiracy."
I'm not even claiming to have all of the information, or even saying that there is a conspiracy - hence why I even put the word itself in quotes. But when law enforcement can't even get their story and timeline straight, just saying that it looks odd.

Discussing an opinion and observing what we have on the very limited information provided, not trying to lay out a fact or grab a tin foil hat. Heaven forbid anyone have a differing opinion or want to question authority or media on KCSR these days.
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 09:40 AM   #238
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,008
Post Thanks / Like
Default

When the opinion is stupid...

So law enforcement is changing their story? Its an ongoing investigation. That happens all of the time. Witnesses are unreliable. The first thought the hallway shooting was before, but they were wrong. They get more witnesses interviewed, probably more with a better idea of what time what shooting happened, they update their timeline.

As for the guard "dropping off the face of the earth" he declined interviews. Probably because he agreed so something exclusive with Ellen. Dude probably got paid for it, easy peasy.

Conspiracy theories are like the "gods of the gaps." You dont know something so you are making up a god to fill in the knowledge gap. The issue is when you supplant actual knowledge and logic with the belief and stick to it. The WORST thing is when people want to act like there is some actual science or logic involved.

Then of course we circle back to your "God forbid I go against the grain." That is the "high horse/sheeple" attack. Youre not a victim, you are a BS peddler. And next will be the "I was just asking questions/getting people talking."
__________________
Fast as fuck_________________________Your mom thinks its cool______________Old man bike
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 10:00 AM   #239
95PreludeSE
 
95PreludeSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 4,610
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 100
Likes (Received): 327
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Then of course we circle back to your "God forbid I go against the grain." That is the "high horse/sheeple" attack. Youre not a victim, you are a BS peddler. And next will be the "I was just asking questions/getting people talking."
You say my opinion is stupid then say that I'm just a BS peddler?

Yes, I was asking questions and trying to open discussion. But apparently that is just stupid and I should be like you and wait to be told what to think. Why even have a discussion thread at all?

You're the one on the high horse here.

So yes, it's a 99.99% chance that this guy was just fucking crazy and went off the rails. All I was even attempting to do was observe that the evidence doesn't line up, despite that it's likely there were a lot of witnesses, and electronic logs of 911 calls, dispatch, etc. I made the mistake of attaching the "C word" to it.
95PreludeSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 10:38 AM   #240
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,849
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 943
Thanks (Received): 343
Likes (Given): 6588
Likes (Received): 2805
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

Don't worry fellas, I land in 24 hours.

I'll have this shit laid out by Monday.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Keboh, torqueburner liked this post
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 10:50 AM   #241
torqueburner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 39.11*N, 94.54*W, elavation 971 ft
Posts: 4,836
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 112
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 418
Likes (Received): 237
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
When the opinion is stupid...

So law enforcement is changing their story? Its an ongoing investigation. That happens all of the time. Witnesses are unreliable. The first thought the hallway shooting was before, but they were wrong. They get more witnesses interviewed, probably more with a better idea of what time what shooting happened, they update their timeline.

As for the guard "dropping off the face of the earth" he declined interviews. Probably because he agreed so something exclusive with Ellen. Dude probably got paid for it, easy peasy.

Conspiracy theories are like the "gods of the gaps." You dont know something so you are making up a god to fill in the knowledge gap. The issue is when you supplant actual knowledge and logic with the belief and stick to it. The WORST thing is when people want to act like there is some actual science or logic involved.

Then of course we circle back to your "God forbid I go against the grain." That is the "high horse/sheeple" attack. Youre not a victim, you are a BS peddler. And next will be the "I was just asking questions/getting people talking."
You're being a little unfair. I think we all are just kicking around thoughts. He's probably crazy, but it doesn't hurt to discuss the "what-if" factor. Now if they start going into some 911 type conspiracy talk, then ya, you have a point.
Also, I think science off the gaps Fits better for your analogy. I don't think anyone is saying there is something "supernatural" about this, but more of that there is not enough data yet to draw a solid theory/conclusion for anything at this point.
__________________
Dear Karma,
Here's a list of people you missed.....


Street & Racing Technology

Last edited by torqueburner; 2017-10-19 at 10:54 AM..
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 10:54 AM   #242
Keboh
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 13,917
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 255
Likes (Given): 2553
Likes (Received): 1717
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47
Default

Actually, I do think it hurts to discuss the 'what-if' when it's so unlikely and ridiculous.
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 10:59 AM   #243
torqueburner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 39.11*N, 94.54*W, elavation 971 ft
Posts: 4,836
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 112
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 418
Likes (Received): 237
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
Actually, I do think it hurts to discuss the 'what-if' when it's so unlikely and ridiculous.
What's been a unlikely theory discussed so far?
__________________
Dear Karma,
Here's a list of people you missed.....


Street & Racing Technology
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 11:29 AM   #244
Keboh
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 13,917
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 255
Likes (Given): 2553
Likes (Received): 1717
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47
Default

That it's a conspiracy...
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 12:11 PM   #245
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**
 
DIYAutoRepair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,644
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 198
Likes (Given): 73
Likes (Received): 1357
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Don't worry fellas, I land in 24 hours.

I'll have this shit laid out by Monday.
Pictures, diagrams and interviews with people involved.
__________________
DIY Auto Repair
Fully equipped service bay rental by the hour
We also offer full service automotive repairs along with paint and bodywork
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 12:17 PM   #246
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 14,849
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 943
Thanks (Received): 343
Likes (Given): 6588
Likes (Received): 2805
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
Pictures, diagrams and interviews with people involved.
I might be able to get some nudes, my man.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 12:32 PM   #247
torqueburner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 39.11*N, 94.54*W, elavation 971 ft
Posts: 4,836
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 112
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 418
Likes (Received): 237
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
That it's a conspiracy...
I'll give you that. I'm saying what has been said so far (not gonna read back 9 pages) that is VERY unlikely with the limited info we have? I certainly don't think by definition there is a conspiracy, but rather the lack of knowledge/info they/we have doesn't allow us to put anything in "concrete" yet, so that can bring in some what-if that sounds "off" at the moment but still worth discussing since that is what we're here for.
__________________
Dear Karma,
Here's a list of people you missed.....


Street & Racing Technology
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 12:37 PM   #248
Keboh
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 13,917
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 255
Likes (Given): 2553
Likes (Received): 1717
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
I might be able to get some nudes, my man.
Make sure you take them from below so the picture is like... balls, dick, face. Foreground to background.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 84USNGT, mild83 liked this post
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 12:39 PM   #249
Ricerking13
 
Ricerking13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 50,940
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
That it's a conspiracy...
All you need to do is research a little about Sandy Hook "truthers" to see the damage that these insane conspiracy theories cause. It's awful, and I'm willing to tell people that further them to fuck off.
__________________
2015 Genesis Coupe Ultimate
Ricerking13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-19, 12:47 PM   #250
torqueburner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 39.11*N, 94.54*W, elavation 971 ft
Posts: 4,836
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 112
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 418
Likes (Received): 237
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
Make sure you take them from below so the picture is like... balls, dick, face. Foreground to background.
That won't work for everyone. For example, if you were lets say.....xxstylinxx, it would be dick, face, foreground, etc.
__________________
Dear Karma,
Here's a list of people you missed.....


Street & Racing Technology
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 84USNGT liked this post
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org