Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2018-01-08, 09:26 AM   #4351
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 259
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1954
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Waiting on DIY to jump in and add this to the things that Trump has done.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-safety-262293

Quote:
President Donald Trump on Tuesday appeared to claim that his policies in his first year in the White House resulted in the commercial aviation industry posting its safest year ever in 2017 — though the U.S. had gone years without a U.S. commercial airline fatality before he took office.

“Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation,” Trump tweeted Tuesday morning. “Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!”

Trump was referring to reports that 2017 marked the safest year in global commercial aviation ever, with no passenger jet fatalities recorded. But, as Reuters reported, there were fatalities in accidents involving turboprop airplanes and cargo aircraft.

Still, the U.S. has gone years without a U.S. commercial airline fatality. There has not been an accidental death on a domestic commercial airline since February 2009, when a Colgan Air flight crashed into a house near Buffalo, N.Y., killing 49 people on board and one person on the ground.

A passenger flight under a foreign carrier, Asiana Airlines, crashed upon landing in San Francisco in July 2013, killing three. And a month later, a cargo plane — which operates under the same rules as commercial flights — piloted for UPS crashed on approach to a runway in Birmingham, Ala., killing both pilots.

Congress hasn't directed any new aviation policy since mid-2016, when it last passed an FAA bill containing new provisions responding to the San Francisco, Buffalo and other crashes.

Still, principal deputy White House press secretary Raj Shah said in a statement that Trump “has raised the bar for our nation’s aviation safety and security.”

“Last year, the president announced his initiative to modernize air traffic control and under his leadership, the Department of Homeland Security released enhanced security measures to ensure safer commercial air travel,” Shah said. “The president is pleased there were no commercial airline deaths in 2017, and hopes this remains consistent in 2018 and beyond.”

The Trump administration has endorsed the idea of splitting air traffic control operations from the FAA, contending that putting a nongovernmental, nonprofit body in charge would boost safety. But legislation to overhaul the system has so far failed to reach the House floor or be considered in the Senate at all.

Former President Barack Obama appointee Michael Huerta has been at the helm of the FAA since 2011.

In regards to Trump's “enhanced security measures,” DHS issued a directive in June requiring security updates at last-point-of-departure airports for U.S.-bound flights, including increased use of explosive trace detection equipment and bomb-sniffing dog teams. The department opted for the global aviation security enhancement directive instead of expanding a ban on carrying large portable electronics in-cabin. DHS lifted the electronics ban for the 10 mostly Middle Eastern countries affected after the security directive went into effect.

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-01-08, 01:57 PM   #4352
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 196
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 1350
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
“Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation,” Trump tweeted Tuesday morning. “Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!”

Trump was referring to reports that 2017 marked the safest year in global commercial aviation ever, with no passenger jet fatalities recorded. But, as Reuters reported, there were fatalities in accidents involving turboprop airplanes and cargo aircraft.
So.... a report was issued that 2017 was the safest year on record and he tweeted the good news.

What issue do you have with this?

Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-01-08, 02:23 PM   #4353
JewelsMari

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 133
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 712
Likes (Received): 286
Dislikes (Received): 2

Wow.
Unread 2018-01-08, 02:53 PM   #4354
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 50
Thanks (Received): 699
Likes (Given): 361
Likes (Received): 4001
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
So.... a report was issued that 2017 was the safest year on record and he tweeted the good news.

What issue do you have with this?

When you start the tweet with "since taking office", you aren't just tweeting the good news, you're taking credit for it. You know this.
Unread 2018-01-08, 03:02 PM   #4355
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Is that any different than any other Admin?

If it was an Admin you agree with you would be touting the info, but since you don't agree with the current admin, you are trying to make a big deal out of it.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2018-01-08, 03:11 PM   #4356
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

No, not all of us are partisan hacks that make excuses for anyone we like, defaulting to the same tired "they did it too" justification.
Likes ItalionStallion888 liked this post
Scooby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-01-08, 03:25 PM   #4357
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Oh of course you are. I'll bet you believe the new book on the Trump admin is factual also.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2018-01-08, 03:29 PM   #4358
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Oh of course you are. I'll bet you believe the new book on the Trump admin is factual also.
I don't have a way of proving it is or it isn't. I wasn't there. I sure as shit bet it isn't anywhere near 100% false anymore than I believe it's 100% accurate.

Unread 2018-01-08, 03:30 PM   #4359
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
^^ Is that any different than any other Admin?

If it was an Admin you agree with you would be touting the info, but since you don't agree with the current admin, you are trying to make a big deal out of it.
Nope when I voted for Obama in his 1st term then watching him ram AHCA through Congress like he did I wasn't happy at all about that and I openly bitched about it. Was a huge reason I didn't vote for him in his second term.

Unread 2018-01-08, 04:56 PM   #4360
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Of course I am. That's why I, a registered Libertarian, didn't vote for the Libertarian candidate because I didn't think he was well qualified.

This just isn't something you can claim equivalency on.
Unread 2018-01-08, 05:00 PM   #4361
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
Of course I am. That's why I, a registered Libertarian, didn't vote for the Libertarian candidate because I didn't think he was well qualified.

This just isn't something you can claim equivalency on.
Sure it is, I didn't vote for McCain or Romney, nor would I have voted for any of the other 17 GOP candidates that were running.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2018-01-08, 05:04 PM   #4362
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 261
Likes (Given): 2195
Likes (Received): 1605
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

Party/country eh
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-01-08, 05:16 PM   #4363
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Sure it is, I didn't vote for McCain or Romney, nor would I have voted for any of the other 17 GOP candidates that were running.
Well if you're okay with defending a deceptive or outright false claim as something another admin would do, it's not equivalency. Sorry, not sorry.

I suppose let's replace partisan hack with Trumpisan hack to get a more accurate statement.
Unread 2018-01-08, 05:22 PM   #4364
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
Well if you're okay with defending a deceptive or outright false claim as something another admin would do, it's not equivalency. Sorry, not sorry.

I suppose let's replace partisan hack with Trumpisan hack to get a more accurate statement.
Again, not really. When Obama made radical claims, I just ignored them. This Trump thing didn't even make the fake news so I didn't see it other than what was posted above. I could care less what he tweeted.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2018-01-08, 06:40 PM   #4365
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Let me guess, you just didn't vote at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Unread 2018-03-13, 08:08 AM   #4366
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Trump ousts Tillerson, will replace him as secretary of state with CIA chief Pompeo
President Trump has ousted Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and replaced him with CIA Director Mike Pompeo, orchestrating a major change to his national security team amid delicate negotiations with North Korea, White House officials said Tuesday.
Trump last Friday asked Tillerson to step aside, and the embattled top diplomat cut short his trip to Africa on Monday to return to Washington.
Pompeo will replace him at the State Department, and Gina Hapsel — the deputy director at the CIA — will succeed him at the CIA, becoming the first woman to run the spy agency, if confirmed.

In a statement issued to The Washington Post, Trump praised both Pompeo and Haspel.
“I am proud to nominate the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Mike Pompeo, to be our new Secretary of State,” Trump said. “Mike graduated first in his class at West Point, served with distinction in the U.S. Army, and graduated with Honors from Harvard Law School. He went on to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives with a proven record of working across the aisle.”
The president continued, “Gina Haspel, the Deputy Director of the CIA, will be nominated to replace Director Pompeo and she will be the CIA’s first-ever female director, a historic milestone. Mike and Gina have worked together for more than a year, and have developed a great mutual respect.”
Trump also had words of praise for Tillerson: “Finally, I want to thank Rex Tillerson for his service. A great deal has been accomplished over the last fourteen months, and I wish him and his family well.”
The president — who has long clashed will Tillerson, who he believes is “too establishment” in his thinking — felt it was important to make the change now, as he prepares for talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, as well as upcoming trade negotiations, three White House officials said.
“I am deeply grateful to President Trump for permitting me to serve as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency and for this opportunity to serve as Secretary of State,” Pompeo said in a statement. “His leadership has made America safer and I look forward to representing him and the American people to the rest of the world to further America’s prosperity. Serving alongside the great men and women of the CIA, the most dedicated and talented public servants I have encountered, has been one of the great honors of my life.”
Haspel in a statement also said she was excited for her promotion.
“After 30 years as an officer of the Central Intelligence Agency, it has been my honor to serve as its Deputy Director alongside Mike Pompeo for the past year,” she said. “I am grateful to President Trump for the opportunity, and humbled by his confidence in me, to be nominated to be the next Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.”
Unread 2018-03-13, 08:11 AM   #4367
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember a presidency in my lifetime that had such volatility at the cabinet level. It really lowers my confidence in this president's ability to lead. He's looking for a bunch of yes men, rather than experts in their own fields.

Unread 2018-03-13, 08:43 AM   #4368
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 254
Likes (Given): 2549
Likes (Received): 1708
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47

I don't know anything about Pompeo or Hapsel. Anyone have cliffnotes about them?
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-03-13, 09:20 AM   #4369
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 941
Thanks (Received): 340
Likes (Given): 6529
Likes (Received): 2786
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138

This has gone great so far, if he needs to rotate folks, so be it.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-03-13, 10:51 AM   #4370
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 161
Thanks (Received): 116
Likes (Given): 400
Likes (Received): 633
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
I can't remember a presidency in my lifetime that had such volatility at the cabinet level. It really lowers my confidence in this president's ability to lead. He's looking for a bunch of yes men, rather than experts in their own fields.
its why he hasn't filled hundreds of positions across the gov't (like say the Ambassador to South Korea as we try to negotiate with them and the North Koreans...)

there don't appear to be enough willing puppets
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-03-13, 10:55 AM   #4371
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
I don't know anything about Pompeo or Hapsel. Anyone have cliffnotes about them?
Pompeo was the Koch Bros purchased Rep from KS for a bit and then somewhat surprisingly (to me) seemed to do okay at the CIA. he has no meaningful international experience outside of being a soldier in foreign countries and selling Koch Bros oil equipment for a couple years...

he did graduate first in his class from West Point so he's capable but no idea why anyone would believe that he'd make a decent SoS...
*edit: NPR's run down: https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...mes-a-diplomat *

Hapsel seems to be career CIA (30 years). no idea beyond that.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
Unread 2018-03-13, 11:41 AM   #4372
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 254
Likes (Given): 2549
Likes (Received): 1708
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47

Thank you
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-03-13, 03:40 PM   #4373
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
Thank you
of course.

so I still don't know much about Hapsel but apparently she ran one of the CIA's black sites that waterboarded people under Bush so we'll get to relive that leadership failure for a week or two while her nomination is debated:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1GP2C1
Unread 2018-03-23, 01:24 PM   #4374
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Trump signs spending bill, blasts Congress

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/polit...ill/index.html
Unread 2018-03-23, 01:40 PM   #4375
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
Trump signs spending bill, blasts Congress
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/polit...ill/index.html
and even this budget will be blown to hell when Trump's fumblefuckery is combined with Pompeo and Bolton's open hostility and pro-nuclear war stances on North Korea for that meeting that's supposedly happening...

the Dumpster Fire Carousel that is the Trump Administration is spinning so fast now that everyone not shoved up his ass is being thrown off in record numbers and its not looking good for us as a country...

Tags
alternative facts, fake news, needs a safe space, not davebs president