Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2019-07-11, 12:55 PM   #1
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 173
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 448
Likes (Received): 656
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36
Default Trump Doesn't Pay His Bills. Seemingly Thinks Local Gov'ts and Taxpayers Will

I've always wished there was a pain-point or some kind of a tax on being stupid...
seemingly its actually starting to come true in a roundabout way; President Trump and his campaign are doing the most Trumpian thing that he's ever done in his life. they are getting involved with outside contractors and then simply not paying their bills and bankrupting most of the things he touches. and now its local gov'ts and local taxpayers left to pickup the pieces after his circus moves onto the next town...
therefore there is essentially a tax on his supporters (because he almost exclusively holds events where he has a majority of supporters) for their stupidity of still being supporters. unfortunately for other people in those same areas that don't support him, they are getting hit with the tax too but outside of that there is a certain karmic justice around the idea that if your local gov't is dumb enough to host a President Trump rally and not get paid up front, they literally feeling financial pain because he's a deadbeat.

Trump still owes D.C. $7.3M for his inauguration and his nonsense political July 4th celebration pushed the city fund into the red:
https://wtop.com/dc/2019/07/trumps-s...-to-president/
His campaign isn't paying cities that bill him for the extra costs associated with his rallies even though many cities are simply eating the costs/cannot bill him by law:
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...rally-security

his Bankrupt Trump reputation is getting so bad that Orlando insisted on getting paid up front before his reelection announcement rally (and that's even with Orlando and FL residents eating the $100k+ policing costs):
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/poli...6pu-story.html
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-07-11, 01:14 PM   #2
ForcFed93

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 101
Likes (Given): 336
Likes (Received): 702
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 30

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single Trump supporter who cares about this. Which in itself is quite sad.
Unread 2019-07-11, 01:22 PM   #3
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1372
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29

Just more fake news.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-07-11, 01:26 PM   #4
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 491
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 4156
Dislikes (Received): 125

Pay your tribute, peasants!

😉
Unread 2019-07-11, 02:15 PM   #5
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 173
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 448
Likes (Received): 656
Dislikes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single Trump supporter who cares about this. Which in itself is quite sad.
but they'll bitch about the taxes they're paying that are being used to fund his campaign rallies... its a fun, ignorant circle jerk of conservative victimhood.

sadly, it will likely take them being ripped off by Trump as subcontractors for many of those remaining to actually wake up to the fact that he's a conman and they are his marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Pay your tribute, peasants!
I can at least appreciate the attempt at humor as a deflection from the reality.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-07-11, 02:18 PM   #6
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Received): 26

Being a free loading tax thief is only ok when you're rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
Just more fake news.
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-07-11, 03:29 PM   #7
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1372
Dislikes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
Being a free loading tax thief is only ok when you're rich.
Being a pedophile is only ok when you are a big democrat donor.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-07-11, 04:38 PM   #8
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
Being a pedophile is only ok when you are a big democrat donor.
Said literally no one ever.

Talk about projection. You support Trump and Roy Moore.

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-07-11 at 04:46 PM..
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-07-11, 07:56 PM   #9
JewelsMari

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 139
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 743
Likes (Received): 297
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 4

I looked into the not paying contractors a few years ago when I first heard about it - mostly because I couldn't believe it could be true - and he would still have so many people that would support him. So many blue color workers - that weren't getting paid for their work.

I found it to be factual - and explained how he could get away with it in an article by a lawyer.

It actually isn't illegal - just highly unethical.

So - You quote and then bill Trump for a job for 100K$. After the work is complete, he says he isn't going to pay it. So, you say you'll sue - and him / his lawyers then say they will settle. In the US, you can only sue for what is owed - not what the attorney fees will cost you. We'll say the lawyer is charging $25K... So, don't take it to court, and they will pay you $75K instead of the 100K that you are owed - which could have helped you pay any rents and payroll you might owe, give your employees a raise, or take home as profit/reinvest... Instead you're "breaking even" on the job, particularly if you had originally bid it competitively to get awarded the job.
Unread 2019-07-12, 08:38 AM   #10
Lazarus

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 42
Likes (Received): 26
Dislikes (Received): 0

/\ John Oliver / Last Week Tonight did a good piece on this a while ago.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote