Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2019-09-03, 08:45 AM   #1
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**
 
DIYAutoRepair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,342
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1370
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29
Default America, the economic engine of the world

Investment is moving to the US rather than other countries because we are growing and a safe place to put money.

There are European countries giving negative returns on their bonds.

MAGA
__________________
DIY Auto Repair
Fully equipped service bay rental by the hour
We also offer full service automotive repairs along with paint and bodywork
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 08:49 AM   #2
BuddyLee
 
BuddyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 29,383
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 271
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 2001
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
Investment is moving to the US rather than other countries because we are growing and a safe place to put money.

There are European countries giving negative returns on their bonds.

MAGA
Source(s)?
__________________
XBL: Buddyl33
PSN: KC_Buddyl33

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 08:58 AM   #3
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 15,136
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 949
Thanks (Received): 344
Likes (Given): 6645
Likes (Received): 2825
Dislikes (Given): 135
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Source(s)?
This is probably what he’s referring to. Which is kind of a big deal. At least in what’s viewed as largely the most stable euro nation, fiscally speaking.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...ds-11566385847
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 09:03 AM   #4
BuddyLee
 
BuddyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 29,383
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 271
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 2001
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
Investment is moving to the US rather than other countries because we are growing and a safe place to put money.

There are European countries giving negative returns on their bonds.

MAGA
Even though our GDP growth was nearly 34% lower in Q2 than Q1? Seems like our growth is shrinking to me. I'm no financial analyst though, so what do I know?
__________________
XBL: Buddyl33
PSN: KC_Buddyl33

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 09:56 AM   #5
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**
 
DIYAutoRepair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,342
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1370
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Source(s)?
If you are not inquisitive enough to do some reading on your own then I'm not going to spoon feed you.

I read 20 - 30 articles a day, more on the weekends when I have time. Do a little reading of your own.

Mild did post a relevant article.
__________________
DIY Auto Repair
Fully equipped service bay rental by the hour
We also offer full service automotive repairs along with paint and bodywork
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 10:43 AM   #6
BuddyLee
 
BuddyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 29,383
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 271
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 2001
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
If you are not inquisitive enough to do some reading on your own then I'm not going to spoon feed you.

I read 20 - 30 articles a day, more on the weekends when I have time. Do a little reading of your own.

Mild did post a relevant article.
You made three claims.

1. That we are growing economically
2. That foreign investors are coming here instead of their respective domestic choices
3. European countries are experiencing negative returns on their bonds.

Mild addressed #3.

I questioned #1 because data released from our own government, shows that while we are still experiencing growth, that growth shrunk significantly between Q1 and Q2. I feel that the picture you are trying to paint is contrary to the data in regards to item #1.

I find it interesting how when anyone else makes a claim in this sub, you question them for legitimate sources, tout fake news, etc. You place the burden of proof on them to substantiate their claims.

However when you find yourself in that very same role, you aren't held to the very same standards that you hold others to.
__________________
XBL: Buddyl33
PSN: KC_Buddyl33

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 10:52 AM   #7
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**
 
DIYAutoRepair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,342
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1370
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29
Default

I typically don't ask people for sources unless they are ones who always ask that I supply sources. A lot of sources that are posted are from liberal news sites (Fake News) because they are usually wrong.

If it is true that we dropped 34%, the rest of the world has dropped a lot more. Most countries if you look at their debt to GDP they are a lot worse than we are. The US has grown substantially since Obama left office and his policies finally started to work.

Foreign investment is coming to the US, Ireland as an example.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...high-1.3922641
__________________
DIY Auto Repair
Fully equipped service bay rental by the hour
We also offer full service automotive repairs along with paint and bodywork
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 12:13 PM   #8
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,280
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
Im full of shit and am just parroting what Fox News or Trumps Tweets have told me. I dont actually research any of this shit which is why I cant even be bothered to post a link to where I get this bullshit from.

Also, Im afraid to post my sources because the last dozen or so times I did that you all showed how full of shit my sources were.
FYP
__________________
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 12:15 PM   #9
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,280
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
I typically don't ask people for sources unless they are ones who always ask that I supply sources.
The real fake news. IN your post history in here you have a string of posts where you posted your source (mostly fox news or a breitbart clone) only to have it torn to shreds. Its obvious now youre just copying trump and saying shit without a source so people cant immediately point out youre listening to bullshit.
__________________
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 12:53 PM   #10
BuddyLee
 
BuddyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 29,383
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 271
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 2001
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
I typically don't ask people for sources unless they are ones who always ask that I supply sources. A lot of sources that are posted are from liberal news sites (Fake News) because they are usually wrong.

If it is true that we dropped 34%, the rest of the world has dropped a lot more. Most countries if you look at their debt to GDP they are a lot worse than we are. The US has grown substantially since Obama left office and his policies finally started to work.

Foreign investment is coming to the US, Ireland as an example.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...high-1.3922641
Cliffs: Partisan news sources leaning away from Trump (Fake News). Partisan news sources supporting Trump (the Gospel).
__________________
XBL: Buddyl33
PSN: KC_Buddyl33

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 01:21 PM   #11
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**
 
DIYAutoRepair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,342
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1370
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29
Default

So the Irish Times is a partisan news source?
__________________
DIY Auto Repair
Fully equipped service bay rental by the hour
We also offer full service automotive repairs along with paint and bodywork
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 02:32 PM   #12
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 8,482
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

Ryan Stewart, Making KCSR great again.

I very much enjoy another member cutting right through the bullshit and exposing it for what it is. It gets infuriating when no one will just point out how absurd this has all gotten. Trump tweeted out a fucking picture from an intelligence briefing and satellite nerds figured out exactly what satellite it came from and are going to dissect its every ability. Much to the glee of our enemies. Yet we're suppose to take Trump supporters seriously about Hillarys emails? Lock em both up and throw away the key.

DIY threads are nothing but psychological defense mechanisms that are purely for his own psyche so it can handle bad news about Trump. That tweet was probably the main reason he created this thread.
__________________
There's battle lines being drawn, Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 03:12 PM   #13
phreakdna
 
phreakdna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Leawood
Posts: 7,241
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 173
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 447
Likes (Received): 656
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
So the Irish Times is a partisan news source?
reality is such an inconsiderate asshole to you... getting in the way of all of your "facts" and the shit you pretend to know

basically, FDI dropped like a rock once Agent Orange was elected and its finally bouncing back despite his presence and the havoc his infantile administration has wrought on economic certainty because other countries are following our lead and electing right-wing extremist know-nothings...
__________________
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 03:32 PM   #14
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**
 
DIYAutoRepair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,342
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1370
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29
Default

^^ What you are showing is that China has stopped buying American property and companies on the cheap since the dollar value has increased compared to other currency.

This is a good thing.
__________________
DIY Auto Repair
Fully equipped service bay rental by the hour
We also offer full service automotive repairs along with paint and bodywork
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-03, 04:20 PM   #15
phreakdna
 
phreakdna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Leawood
Posts: 7,241
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 173
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 447
Likes (Received): 656
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
^^ What you are showing is that China has stopped buying American property and companies on the cheap since the dollar value has increased compared to other currency.

This is a good thing.
https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?f...o=CNY&view=10Y
the yuan renminbi is 0.209 or 3% higher than its close in 2016...

[GatesLadyVoice]NEXT INVALID ECONOMIC ARGUMENT PLEASE!!!! [/GatesLadyVoice]
__________________
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-04, 08:11 AM   #16
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 38,280
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Dude he is just going to keep moving the goalpost constantly. If you prove FDI is up, he is going to say its because Trump and its a good thing, if you say its down its going to be because Trump is keeping foreign money from doing bad things to us. He will just ignore what he said before and contradict himself to not have to question his orange God.

Its a religion, just imagine youre talking to a Jesus freak. Youre trying to convince a Jehovah's Witness with a spreadsheet. Remember, god loves us and is responsible for all of the good things in our lives but also send hurricanes because of reasons, like gays or something.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks phreakdna thanked for this post

Last edited by Ryan Stewart; 2019-09-04 at 08:13 AM..
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-04, 08:35 AM   #17
BuddyLee
 
BuddyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 29,383
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 271
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 2001
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Dude he is just going to keep moving the goalpost constantly. If you prove FDI is up, he is going to say its because Trump and its a good thing, if you say its down its going to be because Trump is keeping foreign money from doing bad things to us. He will just ignore what he said before and contradict himself to not have to question his orange God.

Its a religion, just imagine youre talking to a Jesus freak. Youre trying to convince a Jehovah's Witness with a spreadsheet. Remember, god loves us and is responsible for all of the good things in our lives but also send hurricanes because of reasons, like gays or something.
But it's so fun to watch. I can't remember a time where I actually got to interact with, on a near daily basis, someone who is actually bat shit crazy.
__________________
XBL: Buddyl33
PSN: KC_Buddyl33

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-04, 10:32 AM   #18
phreakdna
 
phreakdna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Leawood
Posts: 7,241
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 173
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 447
Likes (Received): 656
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
But it's so fun to watch. I can't remember a time where I actually got to interact with, on a near daily basis, someone who is actually bat shit crazy.
and you get to keep a safe distance in case you say something that breaks him a little and he would otherwise start trying to bite you and shit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Its a religion, just imagine youre talking to a Jesus freak. Youre trying to convince a Jehovah's Witness with a spreadsheet. Remember, god loves us and is responsible for all of the good things in our lives but also send hurricanes because of reasons, like gays or something.
ty for the reminder (genuinely)... the perspective is important and sometimes I lose it and I'll start pretending like I'm talking to a rational person that simply needs evidence to realize the error and make a course correction. this is not that.
__________________
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org