Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2017-08-26, 11:55 PM   #1
NachO_SRT
 
NachO_SRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OP KS
Posts: 2,398
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 103
Likes (Received): 334
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 6
Default Mayweather TKO in 10...

Connor put up a good fight, for 6 rounds...
__________________
2017 MB C63 AMG - Daily Driver
2017 Chevy 3500HD High Country - Sold
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali - Sold
2004 SRT-4 - Monster
http://www.kcsr.org/signaturepics/sigpic826_1.gif
Quote:
Science will fly you to Mars, Religion will fly you into a building - N. Ruth
Nemo me impune lacessit
NachO_SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 06:40 AM   #2
maynardDRIVESfast
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wichita
Posts: 3,436
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 40
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 69
Likes (Received): 270
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

I dunno, this whole fight seemed like a farce from the beginning. I mean, Conor is one of the greatest mma fighters of all time, but who really thought that he'd have a chance at winning this fight? Supposedly, mayweather placed a bet on getting a tko before the 10th. I really don't think Conor ever was really in this fight. Mayweather avoided him (like he always does) until he was absolutely gassed, then put it on him. He controlled the whole fight. Look, I love mma (much more than boxing), but this fight was akin to the greatest NFL place kicker playing a one on one soccer game against the best soccer player. While the mechanics of their respective games are similar, the skill set needed for both is different.
__________________
Fun car? What's that?
maynardDRIVESfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 07:00 AM   #3
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 8,482
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

I knew Conor's power wouldn't translate to boxing the way everyone thought it would. It was ridiculous hearing "Experts" say that Conor hits harder than Floyd or any of his past opponents. Conor looked pretty good out there though. Not good enough to beat top level boxers, but enough to hang in there. It's just a different game. I hope he goes back to MMA. He lost his only card he had on people, his unpredictability because no ones ever seen him box before. Now that that's gone, he'll get eaten up by top boxers.
__________________
There's battle lines being drawn, Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Oblique is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 07:15 AM   #4
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 13,203
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 491
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 4156
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125
Default

Did he really look good though?


Landed 26% of his punches, stood there with his arms out like it was an MMA fight, as already mentioned his power was nothing, and all this against an old ass man in his 40s.

I think his best shots were the illegal hammer fists to the back of the head

Floyd didn't even throw 20 punches between the first two rounds. He just let Conor McGasout do his thing until he couldn't do it anymore and then went in for the kill.
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 07:23 AM   #5
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 8,482
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

He looked pretty good considering what he was up against. Landed some good shots. Won at least 3 rounds. But I think its pretty obvious that was Floyds gameplan.
__________________
There's battle lines being drawn, Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Oblique is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 09:20 AM   #6
BuddyLee
 
BuddyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 29,383
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 271
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 2001
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Did he really look good though?


Landed 26% of his punches, stood there with his arms out like it was an MMA fight, as already mentioned his power was nothing, and all this against an old ass man in his 40s.

I think his best shots were the illegal hammer fists to the back of the head

Floyd didn't even throw 20 punches between the first two rounds. He just let Conor McGasout do his thing until he couldn't do it anymore and then went in for the kill.

Good seeing you last night
__________________
XBL: Buddyl33
PSN: KC_Buddyl33

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 10:22 AM   #7
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 15,136
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 949
Thanks (Received): 344
Likes (Given): 6645
Likes (Received): 2825
Dislikes (Given): 135
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

I'm still ashamed that I wagered on tmt
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 10:31 AM   #8
Keboh
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 13,917
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 255
Likes (Given): 2553
Likes (Received): 1717
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47
Default

__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mild83 liked this post

Last edited by Keboh; 2017-08-27 at 10:33 AM..
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 10:35 AM   #9
Keboh
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 13,917
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 255
Likes (Given): 2553
Likes (Received): 1717
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47
Default

__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes TAILWAG liked this post
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 10:38 AM   #10
Keboh
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 13,917
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 255
Likes (Given): 2553
Likes (Received): 1717
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47
Default

Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 11:51 AM   #11
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 13,203
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 491
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 4156
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Good seeing you last night

I'm a piece of shit

That watch party sounded like a great invite, and then I got sent to Cincinnati for the last six weeks and just flew back late Friday afternoon. I should have at least called you, but I suck at life.

I feel asleep at like 8:30 last night, woke up and watched a replay of the fight, and then laughed myself to sleep with comments like those from Foacad and others on FB.

All those dumbasses that were rooting for Conor were now trying to rationalize that lasting ten rounds with the GOAT was somehow an accomplishment.

What in the actual fuck?

Dreamland is what that is. Floyd threw less than 20 punches in the first two rounds combined. He had a game plan and worked it. He didn't need points or rounds won. He, by plan, allowed Conor to wear himself out and then went in for the kill....and got it.

Conor landed 26% of his punches.

Twenty....six....percent.

Where was all of this knockout power he supposedly had?

Only reason it wasn't uglier and sooner was because Floyd is Floyd, and took a defensive game plan in and worked it. Floyd was still the aggressor the entire fight.

Conor's best shots were the illegal hammer fists to the back of the head. Lol!

MMA dick swingers need to get real.
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 02:58 PM   #12
Rob
 
Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Grain Valley
Posts: 7,013
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 171
Thanks (Received): 149
Likes (Given): 829
Likes (Received): 852
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
I'm a piece of shit

That watch party sounded like a great invite, and then I got sent to Cincinnati for the last six weeks and just flew back late Friday afternoon. I should have at least called you, but I suck at life.

I feel asleep at like 8:30 last night, woke up and watched a replay of the fight, and then laughed myself to sleep with comments like those from Foacad and others on FB.

All those dumbasses that were rooting for Conor were now trying to rationalize that lasting ten rounds with the GOAT was somehow an accomplishment.

What in the actual fuck?

Dreamland is what that is. Floyd threw less than 20 punches in the first two rounds combined. He had a game plan and worked it. He didn't need points or rounds won. He, by plan, allowed Conor to wear himself out and then went in for the kill....and got it.

Conor landed 26% of his punches.

Twenty....six....percent.

Where was all of this knockout power he supposedly had?

Only reason it wasn't uglier and sooner was because Floyd is Floyd, and took a defensive game plan in and worked it. Floyd was still the aggressor the entire fight.

Conor's best shots were the illegal hammer fists to the back of the head. Lol!

MMA dick swingers need to get real.
It's funny.. I was at a party with like 7 other people and before the fight started I said I would be surprised if mayweather even threw 1 punch in the first 4 rounds...they all laughed at me lol.

Props to Conor because he got what he truly wanted, a massive payday. Win or lose, it was a Win-Win for him
__________________
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-27, 04:23 PM   #13
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 13,203
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 491
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 4156
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
It's funny.. I was at a party with like 7 other people and before the fight started I said I would be surprised if mayweather even threw 1 punch in the first 4 rounds...they all laughed at me lol.

Props to Conor because he got what he truly wanted, a massive payday. Win or lose, it was a Win-Win for him


I'm happy for him. I don't like all the shit that flies out of his mouth, but I get that it markets his brand.
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Rob liked this post
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-28, 05:46 AM   #14
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 8,482
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

Conor landed some good shots. To say it was only those hammerfists is a little ridiculous. You must have missed that giant uppercut he landed early in the fight. But again, his power does not transfer to boxing. His power comes from his accuracy and his timing which has more of an effect in MMA. I had no illusions that Conor would win but let Floyd step into the Octagon for a real fight and see if he lasts 10 minutes, let alone 10 rounds. Conor could literally end the fight any way he wanted.
__________________
There's battle lines being drawn, Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Oblique is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-28, 06:58 AM   #15
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 15,136
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 949
Thanks (Received): 344
Likes (Given): 6645
Likes (Received): 2825
Dislikes (Given): 135
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
Conor landed some good shots. To say it was only those hammerfists is a little ridiculous. You must have missed that giant uppercut he landed early in the fight. But again, his power does not transfer to boxing. His power comes from his accuracy and his timing which has more of an effect in MMA. I had no illusions that Conor would win but let Floyd step into the Octagon for a real fight and see if he lasts 10 minutes, let alone 10 rounds. Conor could literally end the fight any way he wanted.
Yeah, it's a shame it wasn't a MMA fight.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-28, 07:23 AM   #16
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 8,482
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

Let's see Floyd try this bullshit in an MMA fight.

__________________
There's battle lines being drawn, Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Oblique is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-28, 07:41 AM   #17
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 8,482
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
I'm still ashamed that I wagered on tmt
It's not like you wagered on if he'd beat another woman again.
__________________
There's battle lines being drawn, Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Oblique is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-28, 08:24 AM   #18
mild83
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: cabrini green
Posts: 15,136
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 949
Thanks (Received): 344
Likes (Given): 6645
Likes (Received): 2825
Dislikes (Given): 135
Dislikes (Received): 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
It's not like you wagered on if he'd beat another woman again.
That's why it killed me to bet on him. I guess he does t actually see any of my action, but fuck him.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-28, 12:36 PM   #19
Ricerking13
 
Ricerking13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 50,941
Post Thanks / Like
Default

Better fight than I expected.
__________________
2015 Genesis Coupe Ultimate
Ricerking13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-28, 03:31 PM   #20
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 8,482
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
I'm a piece of shit

That watch party sounded like a great invite, and then I got sent to Cincinnati for the last six weeks and just flew back late Friday afternoon. I should have at least called you, but I suck at life.

I feel asleep at like 8:30 last night, woke up and watched a replay of the fight, and then laughed myself to sleep with comments like those from Foacad and others on FB.

All those dumbasses that were rooting for Conor were now trying to rationalize that lasting ten rounds with the GOAT was somehow an accomplishment.

What in the actual fuck?

Dreamland is what that is. Floyd threw less than 20 punches in the first two rounds combined. He had a game plan and worked it. He didn't need points or rounds won. He, by plan, allowed Conor to wear himself out and then went in for the kill....and got it.

Conor landed 26% of his punches.

Twenty....six....percent.

Where was all of this knockout power he supposedly had?

Only reason it wasn't uglier and sooner was because Floyd is Floyd, and took a defensive game plan in and worked it. Floyd was still the aggressor the entire fight.

Conor's best shots were the illegal hammer fists to the back of the head. Lol!

MMA dick swingers need to get real.
You realize he landed more than Manny and a lot of Floyd's other opponents right? Also was more accurate than Canelo. I guess those guys are terrible too.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/cono...canelo-alvarez

Conor: 111/430 Punches, 26%
Manny: 81/429 Punches,, 19%
Canelo: 117/526 Punches, 22%
__________________
There's battle lines being drawn, Nobody's right if everybody's wrong

Last edited by Oblique; 2017-08-28 at 03:39 PM..
Oblique is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-28, 07:32 PM   #21
Rob
 
Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Grain Valley
Posts: 7,013
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 171
Thanks (Received): 149
Likes (Given): 829
Likes (Received): 852
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
Let's see Floyd try this bullshit in an MMA fight.

That's the thing.. in boxing there's always that small chance Conor could throw a knockout blow and win. With MMA, there's literally NO chance Floyd would win. Zero. He could train for a year and still have zero chance
__________________
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-28, 08:08 PM   #22
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 8,482
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
That's the thing.. in boxing there's always that small chance Conor could throw a knockout blow and win. With MMA, there's literally NO chance Floyd would win. Zero. He could train for a year and still have zero chance
Ehh. I think its a lot less likely to land a "lucky" punch in boxing. It's just in MMA, you have the option to not engage in striking. In boxing, the better guy wins 99 times out of 100. You hardly ever see a guy losing and land a KO blow and end the fight like you see in MMA.
__________________
There's battle lines being drawn, Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Oblique is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-29, 08:56 PM   #23
jwdb1fish
 
jwdb1fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sharpening my harpoon.
Posts: 13,203
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 491
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 4156
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
You realize he landed more than Manny and a lot of Floyd's other opponents right? Also was more accurate than Canelo. I guess those guys are terrible too.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/cono...canelo-alvarez

Conor: 111/430 Punches, 26%
Manny: 81/429 Punches,, 19%
Canelo: 117/526 Punches, 22%


OK, Skip


Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWY5-ZOzLDM



This was not a competitive boxing match


I am in no way saying that Conor isn't a great fighter, and he sure as hell didn't have a bad showing.

But him having a good showing, and this being a remotely close fight are two totally different things.
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-29, 09:09 PM   #24
JDLM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Olathe
Posts: 176,159
Post Thanks / Like
Default

I will say that Connor is a very humble fighter (win/lose)

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugM5559KPqk
__________________


B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-30, 02:10 AM   #25
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown
 
Oblique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 8,482
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
OK, Skip


Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWY5-ZOzLDM



This was not a competitive boxing match


I am in no way saying that Conor isn't a great fighter, and he sure as hell didn't have a bad showing.

But him having a good showing, and this being a remotely close fight are two totally different things.
Skip Bayless is retarded. The fight wasn't close, you're right. Conor was delusional to think he could beat Floyd. I'm just saying he did better than many thought he would, including myself. What he did was impressive, even if he didn't have a chance from the beginning. Now I just hope he goes back to the UFC and finally defends a belt for once.
__________________
There's battle lines being drawn, Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Oblique is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org