Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Knives

Unread 2009-12-12, 07:19 PM   #76
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 110
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 2

This is Peter Carey's Nitro flipper model. This custom tactical knife has a CPM 154 blade with hand rubbed finish, a Damascus Odin's Eye pattern Damasteel bolster shaped in a long "S" pattern to mirror the pattern of the Black Carbon Fiber scales were they meet the 6AL4V Titanium frame which is bead blasted and anodized blue. this knife has a hidden pivot pin, notched thumb ramp and a decorative Titanium pocket clip, also bead blasted and anodized blue and set for tip-up carry. Peter has a multi-year backlog and his knives are difficult to come by. This is a brand new knife (made 6/09).

Praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-12-13, 12:57 PM   #77
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

This is so cool, Barry Gallagher framelock folder with a blade of Shane Taylor’s Footprint Damascus with blue etch, meteorite bolsters with blue etch, creamy blue fossilized ancient ivory scales that have been carved and file-worked, anodized mirror polished titanium liners, carved screw heads, back-spacer carved inside and out, blue gemstone thumb-stud. This piece has it all go’in on!

freaking meteorite.

Unread 2009-12-13, 06:21 PM   #78
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 225
Thanks (Received): 291
Likes (Given): 602
Likes (Received): 1016
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 22

all very cool knives! i think the dinosaur knife would look really cool with mammoth tooth instead. the etching on the blade is amazing.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Swiftuh liked this post
zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-12-13, 07:46 PM   #79
eventer289

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 44
Dislikes (Given): 0

Hey dude, do you have any photos from the show you were telling me about when we were at Outlaw? If so, post 'em up!
Unread 2009-12-13, 09:18 PM   #80
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw View Post
all very cool knives! i think the dinosaur knife would look really cool with mammoth tooth instead. the etching on the blade is amazing.
then it wouldnt be a dinosaur knife.
Unread 2009-12-14, 02:50 AM   #81
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 225
Thanks (Received): 291
Likes (Given): 602
Likes (Received): 1016
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarney View Post
then it wouldnt be a dinosaur knife.
bah .... 60 million years is close enough.
zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-12-14, 03:33 PM   #82
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Jody Muller, an ABS (American Blade Smith)Journeyman Smith, is a rising star in the custom knife world. He recently won Best Art Knife at the 2009 Chicago Knife Show. All of his knives are one-of-a-kind sole authorship. This Art Knife features engraving of Horned Dragons with copper inlays in the bolsters and backstrap, beautiful Walrus Ivory scales, an intricate twisted mosaic Damascus blade of 1095, 1084, 15N20 and nickel with a compound grind. Another greast feature of this knife is it's integral construction

Unread 2009-12-16, 09:07 AM   #83
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a new XM-18 flipper fresh from the Rick Hinderer drawing at the November NYCKS. This one features a Spanto ground blade and a Black G10 handle. Great quality piece from an in demand maker that has lotteries for the opportunity to purchase his knives.

Unread 2009-12-18, 12:24 AM   #84
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

This is Hans Weinmueller's Flipper Folder model. The action is really neat, to open, flip the frame 180 degrees then rotate the frame 180 degrees, which swings the blade out of the handle and the frame then clicks back into place around the handle. This piece features a Damascus blade, Carbon Fiber handle and an anodized and carved titanium frame. Hans Weinmueller moved from Germany to Arizona in 1999. He has a background as a precision toolmaker and, as a hunter, has long had a love of knives. Hans, a member of the German Knifemakers Guild, went full time as a knifemaker in 2007 and has won several awards here in the U.S. and had articles about him published in Blade as well as a prestigious German knife magazine.

Unread 2009-12-18, 06:56 PM   #85
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

we got a little bit of a problem....we keep selling stuff, so we're running out of inventory. That means we're getting more knives here soon .

So, Im going to post what is essentially my favorite custom tactical knife, the Munroe Basilisk.

Another hard to find knife from Deryk Munroe, the Basilisk model. This knife features a bead blasted hollow ground wharncliffe style blade of CPM-S30V, Black/Orange (Halloween) textured G-10 handles, parallelogram opening system, skeletonized titanium frame, bead blast finish on frame, traction grooves, tip up carry with a bead blasted clip

Unread 2009-12-20, 07:42 PM   #86
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Here is an exquisite gentleman's lock-back interframe folder from Rick Genovese featuring beautiful firey pearl inlays with lots of color, This custom knife has Rick's usual flawless fit and finish and a Titanium toothpick. The engraving is by Master Engraver Julie Warenski-Erickson. The blade is ATS-34, frame 416 stainless and a 12C-27 spring . Rick makes very few knives each year.

Unread 2009-12-20, 08:49 PM   #87
eventer289

Post Thanks / Like

Blarney, what's with all these shitty peasant knives in this thread? Jeez man, I think you need to up your quality a little bit.
Unread 2009-12-24, 11:27 PM   #88
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventer289 View Post
Blarney, what's with all these shitty peasant knives in this thread? Jeez man, I think you need to up your quality a little bit.

This would be a "peasant knife" in my world:

Emerson CQC-7 with "Wave" feature. Got two models, one is for my best friend, the other is for myself. He got a serrated blade, I got a straight blade.

Emerson is renowned for their quality of building. This isnt for sale like our other knives, I intend to use this to beat around with, same as the Strider I carry (refer to the front page.)

154CM steel, G10 grips, liner lock this knife is a "standard" knife by tactical standards. The little lip at the hilt of the blade is the wave. Essentially, you just brush it along your pocket and the lip catches onto your jeans or pants pocket, forcing the blade to open. It's a pretty innovative little tool, and is rather fun to do or show your friends.

Retail is around $180 for these, plus shipping to get them direct. You can find them cheaper...but enjoy your 3-6 month wait.

Unread 2009-12-27, 11:55 PM   #89
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like guns today (a Strider is also in the pic...just saying.):

Unread 2010-01-03, 02:36 PM   #90
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

We've sold knives everyday in 2010...which is odd, but awesome.

So...been busy with that.

Here's something cool:

A beautiful example of Scott Sawby's CU (Combat Utility) model featuring engraving by Master Engraver Jon Robyn. I call this piece the Devil's EDC, you can see why looking at the engraving; I asked Jon to portray a mischeivious yet wicked looking Devil and I think he did a great job. The flame job engraving on the rear of the bolster is reminisent of a hot rod paint job. Carbon Fiber scales, an ATS-34 blade, 416 stainless frame and Scott's patented "self-lock" locking mechanism which gets tighter if you try to close the knife without pressing the lock correctly complete this knife. One other special thing about this knife; the blade stock is extra thick, making this a unique and fun EDC to show off to your friends.

Unread 2010-01-04, 12:48 PM   #91
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an F'ed up looking knife. Sold already though....lol.

This is the Ace Chameleon, prototype #2 push knife, from the talanted and creative Brad Fairall. The blade is made from D2 tool steel and the handle is Orange G10 and there is an anodized Titanium bar joining the blade to the handle. The Anodized Titanium is hand engraved by Brad with his Nugget style engraving. This knife is set up for neck carry or belt carry via a Kydex neck/belt sheath. The other cool thing about this knife is it is convertible; the engraved Titanium bar is removable and the blade can be weilded on its own with it's unque styled finger hole allowing for a solid grip.

Unread 2010-01-20, 09:30 PM   #92
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Custom Jim Smyth knives are very collectible and very hard to find as he only makes knives part-time, this is his P51 model. This knife, a flipper, features a satin finish hollow ground S30V blade, Black high polished G10 scales, satin finished bolsters overlaid on a Titanium frame which has been anodized a rich Blue. The back-spacer is anodized Purple inside and is file-worked on the outside. The custom pocket-clip, set for tip down carry, is satin finished to match the bolster. The top of the blade is file-worked as is the thumb-rest. The flipper fires like a rocket and the blade has a spectacular grind. This is a unique desirable knife that would be a star within someone's collection.

Unread 2010-01-23, 04:01 PM   #93
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

R J Martin has released a new model, the Overkill. The Overkill is a Q-36 design, but with full .160" thick tumbled titanium frames with the front side having an inlay pocket. This particular custom R J Martin knife is referred to as the Overkill +4 featuring a beautiful Stag insert, Rob Thomas SS Damascus blade, Black G10 back-spacer, gold screws, a lanyard hole and Titanium pocket clip set for tip up carry. This knife has the Roller Thrust Bearing system that R J is known for and provides for that great flipping action.

Unread 2010-02-01, 09:45 PM   #94
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

SHOT Show is over, MORE STUFF.

Knifemaker and designer Bob Lum was known for his ability to integrate good design, ergonomics, and high quality materials to create quality custom knives. One of the custom knife models Bob was best know for is the Chinese; this is a classic example. Hand ground and polished blade (probably ATS34), Black G10 with the distinctive scallop that Bob was known for, Black G10 back-spacer, pocket-clip set for tip up carry, lanyard hole, flawless fit and finish. A great piece for any collection.

Unread 2010-02-01, 10:06 PM   #95
eventer289

Post Thanks / Like

^^^ A Benchmade version for us poor folk.

BM 741 Onslaught by Bob Lum

Unread 2010-02-02, 02:41 PM   #96
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
^^^ A Benchmade version for us poor folk.

BM 741 Onslaught by Bob Lum

Yeah...$1500 against $200. LOL.

New Knife in a little bit.
Unread 2010-02-02, 06:23 PM   #97
eventer289

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarney View Post
Yeah...$1500 against $200. LOL.

New Knife in a little bit.
That's why it's for us poor folk. Dude, we need to go to Outlaw again soon. When you back in town? O, and I'm gonna be part of the Glock crew here in 2 weeks. I know you hate me for it.... and it's 9mm .
Unread 2010-02-03, 04:11 PM   #98
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
That's why it's for us poor folk. Dude, we need to go to Outlaw again soon. When you back in town? O, and I'm gonna be part of the Glock crew here in 2 weeks. I know you hate me for it.... and it's 9mm .

I dont think we can see each other ever again.

Kidding.

No idea when Im back in town.
Unread 2010-02-04, 02:08 AM   #99
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

HOLY BALLS.

New stuff posted today. This one caught my eye as "whoa."

Kazak Knives is Olekander Bogdanovich. This the Black Mamba I Prototype from the Law Defender Series. This knife is of one piece construction made from superior "DARKWATER STEEL ® with a slightly upswept hunter style blade and dual black carbon fiber scales. The knife comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by the designer.

Regarding the steel, from the maker; DARKWATER STEEL® does not have any artificially added or manipulated iron elements as most other current steels found on the market. The secret and beauty of DARKWATER STEEL® lays in the phenomenon of the ore, its natural extraordinary composition and proportion of elements are practically impossible to artificially duplicate. Our purification and blacksmithing process brings out the natural exotic and delicate pattern, which gives the blade a rare, unique, mystical look and elegance.

This one is pretty cheap for us, we got it at $425 (there is another model of this guy for $395.) There was a third...but it sold.

If any of you are interested, I'll see about working out a deal for KCSR members. Never know, some of you might like to try your hand at knife collecting.

Last edited by Praetorian; 2010-02-04 at 02:12 AM..
Unread 2010-02-04, 03:34 AM   #100
eventer289

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, who does the photographing of these knives?