Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2015-10-15, 03:31 PM   #1
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Default Hyundai I30 N

Hyundai i30 N hot hatch spied near the company's Nürburgring technical center

2017 Hyundai i30 N spy photo / Automedia

Due in 2017

Hyundai's first ever fully fledged N model has been spotted once again in its natural habitat, near the firm's Nürburgring technical center which has recently been expanded with the addition of a test center.
We don't know for sure if what we are seeing is a test mule or a prototype because the i30 N is believed to be based on the third generation i30 and come out sometime in 2017 when the regular model is also planned to hit the market. The standard third-gen i30 has already been caught on camera as a test mule, so we are inclined to believe the N version seen here is also a test mule with the body of the second generation i30.
Reports suggest it will be more than just a beefed up version of the 186 PS i30 Turbo on sale today as the first fully-fledged N model from Hyundai is expected to adopt an all-wheel drive layout and eschew the 1.6-liter turbo engine to make room for a larger 2.0-liter taken from the RM15 concept where it generates 300 PS (220 kW) and 383 Nm (283 lb-ft) of torque. Since the third generation i30 will ride on an all-new platform, it means the five-door hatchback will likely go through a weight loss program and this will be even more evident on the flagship version.
Hyundai could decide to teases us with a concept sometime next year before coming out with the road-going car in 2017.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-05, 07:49 PM   #2
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai teases GTI-punching i30 N

Hyundai has published a teaser video that previews the i30 N.

Although brief, the video sheds insight into what we can expect from Hyundai's first true hot hatch. Notably, the model will receive a deeper front bumper, a new grille accented by two pieces of arch-shaped trim, a roof-mounted spoiler, and large alloy wheels. The i30 N is expected to usher in the design language that will influence every upcoming N-badged Hyundai, so odds are we'll see more of the double-arched grille.

The i30 N will be aimed right at the Volkswagen GTI and the Ford Focus ST, two of the best hot hatches on the planet, so it will need to pack a hefty punch in order to be taken seriously. Rumors indicate it will use a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine tuned to deliver over 255 horsepower to the front wheels via a six-speed manual transmission. A quick-shifting dual-clutch automatic transmission could be added to the lineup a little later in the production run, however.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kzx-4JoC8

The next-generation Hyundai i30 will make its public debut later this month during the Paris Auto Show, but sources close to automaker have hinted that the N-tuned model won't arrive until next year's Geneva Auto Show. Whether or not it will be sold in the United States is up in the air at this point.

Unread 2016-09-14, 10:41 PM   #3
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai are set to roll out the new i30N hot hatchback, the first performance model from the Koreans, and they have put out a teaser video that shows a prototype being put through its paces.

The first car to come from the N performance sub-brand will be made available in two different versions, with “standard” and “performance pack” variants offered up to the buying public.

The i30 N launch date is expected to be late in 2017.
The man in charge of the development of the Hyundai i30 hot hatchback, Albert Biermann, was recently on hand at the Nurburgring test track, where Hyundai has 3 cars entered in an upcoming 24-hour race.

He spoke about the vehicle while there, talking specifically about what they hoped to achieve in terms of performance and drivability. The 2.0-liter turbo engine, which the video teased at producing 260 horsepower, was a big part of the conversation.

As well as the engine, Biermann made it clear that the i30N will have several upgrades over the standard model, such as better steering, stiffer engine and transmission mounts to help with the loads delivered in cornering and braking, and a gearshift that is quite a bit more pronounced. He said that the goal is to deliver extra power and a fun ride, as opposed to making it the fastest or most powerful in the segment.
i30 N 6-speed manual transmission

When the car arrives on market, it will only come with a 6-speed manual transmission, although an automatic is said to be in the works.

No pricing has been announced as of yet, but Biermann believes that while the price will be higher than the standard i30, it will still be less than other hot hatches made by the competition.

Europe will be where it lands first, but the other major markets, such as the US and China, will be taking delivery as soon as possible.
Hyundai i30 N AWD?

The cars in the N category will not be featuring AWD or hybrid technology in the near future, but Biermann did say they are looking at several options in both of those categories, but that Hyundai would only pull the trigger if they felt it was a move that would be of benefit to the consumer.

There is a lot of work being done with the N brand vehicles, and many of the handling and driving improvements made there will be carried over to other models in the Hyundai line-up.

That includes those in the Genesis luxury sub-brand, which is expected to get its own performance model sometime in the not too distant future.

There has also been talk of a standalone “halo car” for the N brand, and while Biermann admitted as much, he also said that there was no guarantee that such a vehicle would ever see the light of day.

Unread 2017-03-03, 01:05 PM   #4
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai i30 N Presentation Leaked

Hyundai i30N was recently leaked giving us some information for the upcoming model, now thanks to AutoHerald we are seeing these images from the presentation.

Powertrain

Now lets talk of the engine, as we all knew, the Hyundai i30 N was going to receive the 2.0T turbocharged engine pushing 275 Horsepower, previously rated at 250 HP. Unfortunately no Ford Focus RS fighter.
This engine is mated to the six-speed manual transmission and the Wet eight-speed Dual-clutch Transmission. This is something Albert Biermann mentioned before at an interview with CarAdvice, “(It’s) eight-speed, wet, and considered a very nice ‘box, and I wish someday, although not confirmed yet, that this transmission will exist because it could also go into other Hyundai cars,” said Biermann. “We have a plan to, or an idea when we would install it, but it’s not confirmed (yet). As soon as this thing is confirmed, we will.” So now here is the proof that we will see it on the Hyundai i30 N, it says it will be applied at 19.9.
The body style is the 5 door version but with some changed partes to the regular i30, some exclusive parts the Powertrain, chassis and some exterior and interior parts.

Exterior Design

The design of the Hyundai i30 N has obviously gone to a lot of changes, as mentioned on the slide, everything was done in mind to improve performance of the car such as cooling, intake and aerodynamic, and of course the sporty look. The front grill has now new changes giving a more aggresive look to the front, as well as a new design of wheels plus a diffuser on the rear bumper and new side sill.

Interior Design

Now lets look at the interior, as you can see they mentioned i imagen damper and suspension and that is well known since we saw at its debut in Nurburgring. We also get a new three-spoke spoty steering wheel design which seems a much more thinner, not as crowded as previous designs, with the inclution of 2 new buttons, the on the on the left side for “Drive Mode” and the one for the right for ” N mode”. They also used some highlight colors on the leather material as accent in the interior and now we also have a new cluster with shift timing indicator and variable red zone.
These are the latest information for the upcoming Hyundai i30 N, as soon as we get new more details we’ll be sure to keep you posted. Stay tuned!!

Unread 2017-05-04, 12:49 PM   #5
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai i30 family to expand with N fastback

HYUNDAI has confirmed its i30 family will expand with a high-performance N-badged version of a yet-to-be-released fastback model.
Utilising a lower, sleeker shape that trades off interior space for an edgier look, the i30 fastback will be shown within months - and Hyundai’s European design chief Thomas Buerkle confirmed it will include an N hot hatch version.
“The car is still is still secret … it is a coupe-ish version of the i30 which will come also as an N and will furthermore show that we are bringing a whole family,” said Buerkle, who is in Australia for the launch of Hyundai’s top selling model.

Displaying a silhouette of the just-released i30 and the soon-to-arrive fastback, Buerkle confirmed the five-door coupe would have a lower roofline with a sleeker profile.
“It’s a very important segment … and the joy of driving and the joy of design should be in the foreground.”
As with the regular i30 N hot hatches, the i30 N fastback will get the choice of either a 184kW version of the 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo or a 202kW version, the latter teamed with a stiffer, more aggressive chassis set-up aimed at the racetrack.
That latter version is also expected to get all-wheel drive, as well as a slick-shifting eight-speed dual-clutch transmission to give it a sub-five second 0-100km/h time.
Hyundai has already tested the i30 N in Australia, with a Wheels reader spotting the car north of Sydney earlier this year.
Expect more tuning and development work to take place between now and the anticipated late 2017 arrival.
New Hyundai i30 N prototype to tackle the Nurburgring
At the other end of the scale, Hyundai is considering a new entry-level i30 to slot in below the Active, which is priced from $20,950.
Speaking at the launch of the i30, Hyundai Australia chief operating officer Scott Grant said the long list of equipment in the i30 Active opened the door to a more affordable model sometime during the life of the car.
“We think that in the spec that’s available to us in time … it may be possible for us to create a cheaper version at some point in time,” said Grant, adding that there was nothing planned yet.
The base i30 Active comes with alloy wheels, an 8.0-inch touchscreen, satellite navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, wireless Qi smartphone charging, a reversing camera, rear parking sensors and tyre pressure monitors.

About the only thing missing is active safety gear such as autonomous emergency braking (AEB), something that will be available as a circa-$1500 option on the Active late in the year (it will be standard on most other i30s).
While the headlines from Hyundai were about a $500 price reduction of the list price (before dealer and on-road costs), the reality is the i30 has gone up in price once drive-away pricing is applied. An Active with an auto transmission costs $24,990 on the road, some $5000 more than the $19,990 deals for the old i30 introduced at various times throughout 2016.
Grant said he believed that in a couple of years delivering an i30 closer to $20K might be a possibility by reverting to steel wheels and taking some of the high level of equipment out.
He also said some of the ground that the i30 used to play in could be covered by a new light car, such as the new generation Accent that’s due late this year or early in 2018.
As for discounting the current car to $19,990, Grant said it won’t happen.
“We’re playing a longer game now than we used to,” he said of a car planned to shift perceptions of the Hyundai brand, moving from cheap and cheerful to a more serious competitor to Toyota, Mazda and Volkswagen.
“Our strategy … is there’s a point in time … where you’ve got to bash and crash and burst through like a bull in a China shop in order to push product into the marketplace to be able to prove that you’ve got some scale and capability.
“Then there’s a time when you sort of need to do less of that and in a more mature sense reinvent yourself and go again in a different way.”
In some ways it’s similar to the strategy that Toyota used in the 1980s, whereby it built market share then went about building an aspirational reputation.

Unread 2017-05-16, 10:14 AM   #6
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai previews i30 N hot hatch

Hyundai's answer to the Volkswagen GTI is taking shape.
Hyundai has published yet another teaser video to preview the upcoming i30 N. Shot in England, the video sheds a little bit more insight into what we can expect from the South Korean brand's first true hot hatch. We already know the model will receive a deeper front bumper inspired by Hyundai's WRC racer, a new grille accented by two pieces of arch-shaped trim, a roof-mounted spoiler, and larger alloy wheels. The i30 N is expected to usher in the design language that will influence every upcoming N-badged Hyundai, so odds are we'll see more of the double-arched grille in the years to come.

The i30 N is envisioned as a rival for the Volkswagen GTI and the Ford Focus ST, two of the best hot hatches on the planet, so it needs to pack a significant punch to be taken seriously.

Rumors indicate it will use a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine tuned to deliver about 250 horsepower to the front wheels via a six-speed manual transmission and a limited-slip differential. We hear that a quick-shifting eight-speed dual-clutch transmission will be added to the lineup a little later in the production run, but nothing is official at this point.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjO8ztJYLFo

The Hyundai i30 N will likely debut this fall at the Frankfurt Auto Show. Whether or not it will be sold in the United States -- where the standard i30 is known as the Elantra GT -- is still up in the air.

Unread 2017-05-18, 10:27 AM   #7
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Spied: New Hyundai i30 N Is Korea's VW Golf GTI Fighter

The Hyundai i30 N has been spied up close at a gas station near the Nürburgring.

Looking virtually production ready, the highly camouflaged prototype has been equipped with a new front bumper that features larger air intakes and horizontal LED daytime running lights. The car also has new side skirts and larger alloy wheels that are backed up by a high-performance braking system with red calipers.

The sporty styling continues at the rear as designers installed a larger rear spoiler with a triangular third-brake light. The hot hatch also boasts a new rear bumper and a sporty dual exhaust system.

Hyundai has been teasing the car for months but little is known about its performance credentials. Regardless, reports have suggested the i30 N will come equipped with a driver-focused power steering system, stiffer engine and transmission mounts, as well as a returned suspension with a new front axle knuckle for sharper turn-ins.

A turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine is expected to power the model and it will reportedly have outputs of 250 PS (246 hp) and 275 PS (271 hp). A six-speed manual will likely be standard but an automatic gearbox could be optional.

The i30 N may be unveiled later this month at the 24 Hours Nürburgring race which kicks off on May 27th.

Photo Credits: CarPix for CarScoops

Photo Gallery

Categories

Unread 2017-05-19, 01:27 AM   #8
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

Bad ass AWD Focus RS fighter gets brought down to be a lame ass FWD GTI fighter. Ho hum..... :-/
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-05-19, 07:00 AM   #9
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I don't recall the RS being a target right out of the gate

Unread 2017-05-24, 04:20 PM   #10
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Home » Hyundai
[Video] Hyundai keeps teasing the i30 N, we hear its soundtrack

The i30 N is a crucial model for Hyundai, marking the debut of the newly minted N Performance division – and the South Korean automaker is obsessively teasing the high-performance hatch as many times as it can.

Fortunately, it will all come to an end towards the end of the month because the hot hatch is tipped for the first official presentation during the legendary 24-hour race at the Nurburgring. The automaker is now presenting the soundtrack coming from the engine and exhaust – which is nowhere nearly as impressive as the setup in the WRC machine – but still rock solid for a performance production car. The South Koreans – courtesy of a previous teaser – let us know the attractive roar can continue up until 6,750 rpm in a bid to conquer your heart before the VW Golf GTI or Ford Focus ST has a chance. Hyundai’s first performance car coming from the N Performance division is going to feature a direct competitor 2.0-liter turbocharged engine.
We still don’t know the precise power measurements, but according to the rumor mill it will have either 250 or 275 hp. All that oomph will be directed towards the front wheels via either a six-speed manual gearbox or a possible direct-shift automatic. Tweaks include the switch from electrical power steering to a mechanical setup and we can of course expect a stiffer suspension arrangement. There are also talks about two versions of the car coming out to play – standard one, very fun to drive and a more hardcore one, with a smart limited-slip differential.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQTJoKxcSkk

Unread 2017-07-05, 03:38 PM   #11
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai Will Fight The Ford Fiesta ST With A New N Model

We'll believe it when we see it.
We recently reported that Hyundai's N Performance division was looking to build a Ford Focus RS rival based on the RN30 concept. Hyundai hinted that the RS rival could have around 375 hp. Now, Auto Express reports that Hyundai also wants to build a rival for the Ford Fiesta ST called the i20 N. The i30 N is the first N model slated for production. This will be a hot hatchback that will compete against the Ford Focus ST and Volkswagen Golf GTI among others. Yet, we still haven't seen a single production-ready car from the N division.

We've been trying to put together the pieces of Hyundai's plan for the N division. It appears that after the i30 N, the priority will be a Veloster N (which may be the first N model sold in the US) and a five-door version of the i30 N. After these hit the market, Hyundai will start working on the i20 N. The car will likely be FWD and have around 200 hp from a 1.6-liter turbocharged engine. We really like the idea of having a small hatchback to rival the Fiesta ST, but our confidence level in Hyundai is extremely low. Not only has Hyundai disappointed on its "sporty" models in the past, but the N division has yet to build a concept that looks remotely like a production car.

We haven't even seen the first N car, and the company is already talking about the third and even fourth models. This whole situation is starting to feel a lot like Alfa Romeo with its ambitious plan to release several new models in the US. There is still only one legitimate Alfa Romeo model (apart from the specialized 4C), and we can only see the same fate for the Hyundai N division at this point.

Unread 2017-07-09, 11:40 PM   #12
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai i30 N Teaser Drops Performance Hint: 280 PS And 400 Nm

On July 13, Hyundai will take the wraps off the most anxiously awaited variant of the i30. N is its calling card and based on the following teaser, it seems likely the engine of the compact-sized hot hatchback develops 280 metric ponies (or 276 horsepower) and 400 Nm (295 pound-feet) of oomph.
15 photos

These numbers come courtesy of the N driving menu displayed at the 1:20 mark of the video. The performance-oriented information the i30 N is capable of expressing also includes a G-force meter, lap timer, and turbo pressure. If I may turn the focus of this story on an older report for a brief moment, the cited material from the South Korean media suggested that Hyundai’s 2.0 T-GDi will be offered in not one, but two states of tune: bog-standard 250 PS (247 hp) or 275 PS (271 hp) with the “Power Package.”

Now that we’ve got the suck-squeeze-bang-blow department covered, let’s move on to what Albert Biermann has to say about the i30-based hot hatchback. The former BMW M official, who’s now the head of vehicle test and high-performance development at Hyundai, makes it clear that the N wasn’t developed to break records. Instead, the catchword with this car is “bpm.” By beats per minutes, Biermann refers to the vehicle’s promise to satisfy even the keenest of go-faster drivers when the going gets twisty.

“Developed from the ground up to deliver maximum fun to drive on the road and on the track,” the i30 N is a front-wheel-drive affair that boasts an electronically-controlled mechanical limited-slip differential, 19” P-Zero tires on all four corners, and a variable valve exhaust system. Right next to the manual transmission’s gear lever, you will find a button that turns ESP off.

Given these circumstances, the Honda Civic Type R and the Renault Megane RS have nothing to be afraid of. With the i30 N, it seems as if the peeps over at Hyundai didn’t try to run with the pack, but go in a different direction.

Unread 2017-07-10, 09:41 PM   #13
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

The Hyundai i30 N Gets Two New Teasers Ahead Of 13 July Reveal

We get an early (and deliberately blurry) look at Hyundai's Golf GTI beater in one of these new teasers, plus a reveal date

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_da3JsJrqM

The Hyundai i30 N is almost here. It’s been spotted undergoing testing at the Nurburgring numerous times, prototypes have been driven by the motoring media, and now, we actually get to see it without camouflage. Sort of.
In a new teaser trailer (above) we get a close-up look at various go-faster bits on the i30 N, including a honeycomb grille and a rear diffuser. We also see it out on track in a handful of deliberately blurry shots. But the most important thing we learn is when the car gets here: the description promises a 13 July premiere.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0pOJGWfBaY

The second teaser features Albert Biermann, who has the snappy job title of Executive Vice President Head of Vehicle Test and High Performance Development. He goes to great lengths to tell us this is going to be a fun car, and we hope he’s right: this car kicks off Hyundai’s sporty ‘N’ sub-brand, so it could do with being good.
It’ll be powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged inline-four, with a power output of around 280bhp. Early signs indicate that Hyundai is taking aim more at the VW Golf GTI than the Honda Civic Type R, so don’t expect any Nurburgring records to be tumbling any time soon.

Unread 2017-07-13, 08:25 AM   #14
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJkSKw7VwE

Unread 2017-07-13, 08:42 AM   #15
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 207
Thanks (Received): 250
Likes (Given): 2460
Likes (Received): 1647
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47

it's an attractive car, though a bit understated. I wonder where it'll price at.
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-13, 09:45 AM   #16
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

All-new 2018 Hyundai i30 N hot hatch debuts with up to 275 hp

All-new 2018 Hyundai i30 N hot hatch debuts with up to 275 hp

It's the first product of Hyundai's N division of high-performance models

The wait is over for Hyundai's first hot hatch in the truest sense of the word.

The automaker has lifted the veils off its i30 N, the first of many models to come from Hyundai's N high-performance division. Based on the current i30 hatchback, the i30 N has been developed in Namyang in Korea and honed at the Nürburgring — even the N logo symbolizes a chicane.

You can distinguish the i30 N from a regular i30 thanks to its sportier body kit that includes redesigned bumpers, a roof spoiler, black side sills and mirror caps, red calipers, and new 18- or 19-inch wheels filling the flared wheel arches. With the 18-inch rims, the i30 N sits 4-mm lower than the car it's based on, with ride height losing a further 4 mm with the 19-inch alloys. There's also a new Performance Blue paint that's exclusive to the i30 N, with five other colors available.

Inside, changes include the addition of an exclusive "N" steering wheel complete with drive mode and rev match buttons, a digital display at the center of the instrument panel, as well as sports seats with increased lumbar and lateral support, upholstered in cloth or suede and leather.

As for performance, it's where things get even more exciting. As with most compact hot hatches, the i30 N is powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine available in two power outputs: 250 metric horsepower with the Standard Package and 275 hp with the Performance Package.
In both cases, peak torque is 353 Nm (260 lb-ft), and top speed is limited to 250 km/h (155 mph). Where they differ is in 0-100 km/h acceleration figures: the standard model needs 6.4 seconds, while the range-topping version does it in 6.1 seconds.

Both engine versions are linked to a six-speed manual transmission that sends power to the front wheels. Besides the added power, the i30 N Performance package features exclusive 19-inch Pirelli P-Zero high-performance Hyundai N tires, red N brake calipers, and larger brake discs (18-inch at the front, 17-inch at the rear). In addition, the Electronic Limited Slip Differential (E-LSD) and Variable Exhaust Valve System are standard.

Regardless of the chosen version, the i30 N offers five drive modes: Eco, Normal, Sport, N, and N Custom. They adjust the parameters of the engine, adaptive dampers, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Electronic Limited Slip Differential (E-LSD), engine sound, steering, and rev-matching. Launch Control is also standard.

Unread 2017-07-13, 01:14 PM   #17
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

So Europe only... at this time

Unread 2017-07-16, 09:58 PM   #18
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ojkIz5Nw-I

Unread 2017-07-17, 07:55 PM   #19
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1rYKos9ZTI

Unread 2017-07-17, 08:35 PM   #20
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDFghk82ubM

Unread 2017-07-17, 08:46 PM   #21
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yr9On-SAYE

Unread 2017-07-27, 10:00 AM   #22
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Will We Get To Drive The Hyundai i30N As A Rebadged Elantra N?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Or will Hyundai pull the switcheroo and give us something even better?
It isn't easy to create a performance brand out of thin air. That's exactly what Hyundai has been doing with its new N brand. We have been on record saying that we would give Hyundai credit as soon as we finally saw a real car from the N brand. Now that the first N car (the i30N) has finally been revealed, we can finally tell Hyundai that we are genuinely impressed. The i30 is powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbo with 247 hp. There is also a performance pack, which raises power to 274 hp. Both versions are only available with a six-speed manual transmission.

Hyundai really hasn't messed around here. The i30N seems like a true competitor for car like the Ford Focus ST, Volkswagen Golf GTI, and Subaru WRX. However, it doesn't seem like it is extreme enough to compete with models like the Volkswagen Golf R, Ford Focus RS or Honda Civic Type R. In terms of performance, Hyundai has tried to split the difference between these two tiers of hot hatchbacks. The i30N sits at the top of the lower end of the hot hatch scale, but can't compete with the quickest models on the market, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. The i30N gets to 60 in 6.4 seconds, or 6.2 seconds with the performance pack. These numbers are good, but nowhere near class leading.

For reference, a Volkswagen Golf GTI can hit 60 in just under six seconds with the performance pack and the Golf R takes just over five seconds (both with the DSG transmissions). The i30N is actually at a big disadvantage because it is only available with a manual transmission. The Focus ST is also only available with a manual, but can hit 60 mph in 6.3 seconds. The Focus RS is much quicker at just 4.6 seconds. If you are the type of person that only cares about drag racing, the i30N is clearly not for you. Hyundai hasn't focused on all-out speed. Instead, it wanted to build a well balanced car that could do everything well and also be capable on a track.

One of our biggest problems with the N division has been that we had no idea what its identity would be. Now that we have finally seen the i30N, we can have some idea of what the N division will become. We initially compared the N brand to BMW M and Mercedes AMG, but so far it seems like it will simply be a more enthusiast-dedicated replacement for models like the Elantra Sport and Veloster Turbo. These models were much better than their base counterparts, but could never contend with more focused models from Ford and Volkswagen. We have some clarity on what N will be, but we still have no idea how Hyundai wants to proceed with its performance brand.

So far, Hyundai has made no mention of bringing the i30N to the US in any form. The US does have a version of the i30 that is badged as the Elantra GT. It would only make sense that Hyundai would take the i30N, and sell it pretty much unchanged except for the badges. However, we don't know if the Elantra has enough of a reputation to suddenly be sold as a GTI-fighter in the US. The Elantra Sport is a nice car to drive, but has gone mostly unnoticed in the enthusiast community. Hyundai has already said that it will cherry-pick only the best models from its range to give the N treatment, although it hasn't ruled out any models as of yet. Santa Fe N anyone?

Hyundai wants to build a hotter version of the i30N that will compete with the Focus RS, which sounds intriguing. We are more interested to see what Hyundai's plan is for N in the US. Hyundai has recently discontinued the Veloster, but has been sending what looks like a mid-engined Veloster prototype around the Nurburgring. Hyundai's plan could be to relaunch the Veloster in a big way as the car we always hoped it could be. Imagine a mid-engine hatchback with over 300 hp and concept car looks. A mid-engined Veloster would be totally unique on the market, although we are not sure what something like that would cost or who would actually buy it.

Unread 2017-07-30, 10:05 PM   #23
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai i30N First Edition Launched In Germany & Sold Out In 2 Days

It seems the Germans are ready to fall in love with the Hyundai i30 N hot hatch, as it has been very quickly embraced by consumers.
Hyundai unveiled the new model a couple of weeks ago, and then made available a limited edition version known as the i30 N First Edition.
It was Hyundai Motor Deutschland who made this exclusive offer, making 100 units available to the public.
Hyundai started taking reservations for the First Edition on July 17 and it took only 2 days for all 100 units to be snapped up.
We are not aware of the price of this model, as Hyundai revealed to make it public, but they did say that there was a ton of interest in the limited edition model, which means that some customers probably missed out on the exclusive offer.
It’s not all doom and gloom for those customers who did not get one of the 100 vehicles, as Hyundai Germany are allowing those folks to put their name on a waiting list at www.hyundai.de/i30n.
The idea here is that the people who add their name to the waiting list will be given the option to buy when more First Edition models become available.
What about other countries in Europe?
If you live in a European country other than Germany, you are going to get your chance to own the new Hyundai i30 N hot hatchback, but will need to wait a couple of weeks longer.
The i30 N has already been officially unveiled, and it is expected to be released across Europe by the end of the year.
Given the early success of the hot hatch in Germany, we expect that interest in the hot hatch across Europe is going to be high.

Unread 2017-08-15, 02:47 PM   #24
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8-7vbEgb5k

Unread 2017-08-23, 06:40 PM   #25
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ayOiZ5d408