|2012-02-09, 10:11 AM||#1|
Help Desk Coordinator
Any questions I will attempt to point you in the right direction
National Information Technology Center (NITC)
Duties (Perform all the duties associated with the intermediate level Help Desk Support Specialist and those of a senior level Specialist).
The duties will include:
· Provide Tier I support for all NITC EDC’s
· Manage incidents and service requests lifecycles from the KC location for all NITC EDC’s
· Handle communication with the customers providing them with status update and addressing their questions, comments and complaints
· Report, document and escalate customer contacts; regarding issues, problems, and information given. The format and standard operating procedures of this reporting/documentation shall be provided at the post award meeting between the government and contractor.
· Ensure customer satisfaction through the resolution of all issues and problems reported that fall within the scope of this PWS.
· Notify the SOSB Manager of any unusual occurrence within the timeframes
specified in each branch’s standard operating procedures
· Specific Skills required:
· Experience in the IT industry, specifically in a user supporting role
· Knowledge and working experience of the Service Desk Function and Incident Management Process based on the best practice guidance of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Version 2 framework
· Ability and willingness to work in a team environment
· Ability to follow process and procedures and report any deficiencies to the SOSB Manager
· Possession of ITIL® certification at the Foundation level
· Service desk abilities to include (but not limited to):
· Communicate effectively and proficiently in English with the user community, verbally and in writing
· Record all relevant incident/service request details
· Allocate appropriate categorization and prioritization codes to the incidents and service requests
· Match users input to matching resolutions found in Incident Database
· Initiate first level investigation and diagnosis of the issue at hand
· Resolve incidents and/or service requests based on their personal technical knowledge and expertise
· Escalate incidents/service requests that could not be resolved within agreed timescales
· Keep users informed of progress of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
· Close all resolved incidents, requests and other calls
· Conduct customer/user satisfaction call-backs/surveys
· Update the ITSM tool under the direction and approval of SOSB Manager.
· Multi-task in a high speed, high volume ticket environment
· Possess business/professional writing abilities to be used for agency wide correspondence, customer notifications, etc
· Application of the ITIL best practices to the organization and the ability to learn the organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.