maynardDRIVESfast

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Ok, quick update: I replaced the compressor. It had a label on it stating that it was pre filled with the exact amount of oil this system required. The old stuff was all evacuated first. I put the new refrigerant in and it worked great on the little drive i took. The car sat overnight and most of the next day. I then drove it 30 miles to my parents with the ac going. No problems. Ate bbq at my parents and left a couple hours later.n The clutch was not engaging at this point. I immediately thought that there must be a leak and the low pressure switch was keeping it from engaging, so i stopped at the O'Reillys in their town and grabbed a can with the gauge attached. According to that crappy gauge the pressure was low, so i started to add it. Pressure rose really fast and suddenly there's refrigerant blowing from the front of the compressor ( relief valve?). Any ideas? I haven't pulled the vacuum down again to see if there's a leak yet. Weird thing is it blew ice cold on the trip there. Come out 2 hours later, nothing. Sucks.

Last edited by maynardDRIVESfast; 2016-05-29 at 08:11 PM..
maynardDRIVESfast is offline   Reply With Quote