turbotuner20v

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):
Default final chapter of the Jet Stream Blue paint saga...

So after another shop in town wasn't able to paint 2 panels in Jet Stream Blue metallic tintcoat (more detail in other threads) EA recommended I contact a site sponsor, Sante Fe Auto Body.

I called up Josh and received a pretty normal quote and they immediately knew what materials were required and were confident they could do the job, so I pulled the parts out of the 1st shop and dropped them off at Sante Fe the same day.

Funny enough, it actually turned out that I'd met Josh before a while back when I was working on the Audi and he still recognized me and was able to recall where it was we knew each other from. Definitely a nice guy and easy to work with.

He was able to get the panels painted sooner than expected and the quality was great. I dropped by early to sneak a peek at the paint match and noticed a few dust marks and thought the orange peel may be a bit too heavy compared to the factory paint and he was able to remove them without issue and get the finish looking awesome. It was actually nice to see the 'before' to know they're that good at the post-paint work, which makes me think that almost every job probably comes out this good.

They matched the paint color off the targa top, which had a few curves to compare against the fender curves and it looks like they got really close on a difficult color. I still need to install them on the car, but I'm pretty confident the adjacent panels will blend in at least as well as I was hoping (~90%), maybe even better.