Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueburner View Post
So, I'd really enjoy going over each of your objections, BUT.... I kind of feel like it would be rather fruitless, only because I feel you've made your mind up on the matter (I could be completely wrong on that).
With that said, I'd still be more than happy to answer if you're just curious of my view on it.

If you don't mind, answer me this. Is there any "evidence" that would make you change your mind about the OT, as it's written? Meaning, nothing changes in the OT, but you "discover", or find something that makes you say, "Oh, now I see how that could make sense"?

Maybe this is the only possible way/world in which love and free will can exist.
Thats mainly because I can find literally dozens upon dozens of things in the Bible that directly point to my conclusions and I've yet to have a single person explain these things in a way that makes sense and doesn't involve impressive mental gymnastics. My mind is always open to any new information or points of view that could change my perspective. I would love to hear some. I'm not always seeking to change minds or have my mind changed when discussing ideas and opinions. I just like hearing what and why people believe what they do and if something comes along that makes me rethink my position then I take it as it comes. Is there any evidence that would you change your mind? Yahweh describes himself exactly like the Beast from the sea and Jesus calls the teachers of the law the children of Satan as well as saying Elijah was the spirit of the destroyer ie the King of the locusts from the bottomless pit. Abaddon/Apollyon. Thats not even the tip of the iceberg.

I'd like to know your opinion on a couple of other things too. Mainly Yahweh ordering Moses to sacrifice a goat to Azazel and Moses "giving the Lord his share of 32 virgin girls" after slaughtering another city.

Quote:
Numbers 31

25And the LORD said to Moses, 26“You and Eleazar the priest and the family leaders of each tribe are to make a list of all the plunder taken in the battle, including the people and animals. 27Then divide the plunder into two parts, and give half to the men who fought the battle and half to the rest of the people. 28From the army’s portion, first give the LORD his share of the plunder—one of every 500 of the prisoners and of the cattle, donkeys, sheep, and goats. 29Give this share of the army’s half to Eleazar the priest as an offering to the LORD. 30From the half that belongs to the people of Israel, take one of every fifty of the prisoners and of the cattle, donkeys, sheep, goats, and other animals. Give this share to the Levites, who are in charge of maintaining the LORD’s Tabernacle.” 31So Moses and Eleazar the priest did as the LORD commanded Moses.

32The plunder remaining from everything the fighting men had taken totaled 675,000 sheep and goats, 3372,000 cattle, 3461,000 donkeys, 35and 32,000 virgin girls.

36Half of the plunder was given to the fighting men. It totaled 337,500 sheep and goats, 37of which 675 were the LORD’s share; 3836,000 cattle, of which 72 were the LORD’s share; 3930,500 donkeys, of which 61 were the LORD’s share; 40and 16,000 virgin girls, of whom 32 were the LORD’s share. 41Moses gave all the LORD’s share to Eleazar the priest, just as the LORD had directed him.

Quote:
Leviticus 16

1The LORD spoke to Moses after the death of Aaron’s two sons, who died after they entered the LORD’s presence and burned the wrong kind of fire before him. 2The LORD said to Moses, “Warn your brother, Aaron, not to enter the Most Holy Place behind the inner curtain whenever he chooses; if he does, he will die. For the Ark’s cover—the place of atonement—is there, and I myself am present in the cloud above the atonement cover.

3“When Aaron enters the sanctuary area, he must follow these instructions fully. He must bring a young bull for a sin offering and a ram for a burnt offering. 4He must put on his linen tunic and the linen undergarments worn next to his body. He must tie the linen sash around his waist and put the linen turban on his head. These are sacred garments, so he must bathe himself in water before he puts them on. 5Aaron must take from the community of Israel two male goats for a sin offering and a ram for a burnt offering.

6“Aaron will present his own bull as a sin offering to purify himself and his family, making them right with the LORD.a 7Then he must take the two male goats and present them to the LORD at the entrance of the Tabernacle.b 8He is to cast sacred lots to determine which goat will be reserved as an offering to the LORD and which will carry the sins of the people to the wilderness of Azazel. 9Aaron will then present as a sin offering the goat chosen by lot for the LORD. 10The other goat, the scapegoat chosen by lot to be sent away, will be kept alive, standing before the LORD. When it is sent away to Azazel in the wilderness, the people will be purified and made right with the LORD.c

11“Aaron will present his own bull as a sin offering to purify himself and his family, making them right with the LORD. After he has slaughtered the bull as a sin offering, 12he will fill an incense burner with burning coals from the altar that stands before the LORD. Then he will take two handfuls of fragrant powdered incense and will carry the burner and the incense behind the inner curtain. 13There in the LORD’s presence he will put the incense on the burning coals so that a cloud of incense will rise over the Ark’s cover—the place of atonement—that rests on the Ark of the Covenant.d If he follows these instructions, he will not die. 14Then he must take some of the blood of the bull, dip his finger in it, and sprinkle it on the east side of the atonement cover. He must sprinkle blood seven times with his finger in front of the atonement cover.

15“Then Aaron must slaughter the first goat as a sin offering for the people and carry its blood behind the inner curtain. There he will sprinkle the goat’s blood over the atonement cover and in front of it, just as he did with the bull’s blood. 16Through this process, he will purifye the Most Holy Place, and he will do the same for the entire Tabernacle, because of the defiling sin and rebellion of the Israelites. 17No one else is allowed inside the Tabernacle when Aaron enters it for the purification cere